Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    jeff2040 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I wish he’d just release it so I can enjoy it as well 
    I can send you a link to my google cloud to download if you want.  JW is encouraging people to share it.
    Can I get a link to the songs?  The only one I've found so far only had 7 of the songs in it.
    Yes I'll pm you this evening.  Can you handle AIF or losslesz or need mp3?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I can send you a link to my google cloud to download if you want.  JW is encouraging people to share it.
    Yes please. Now can you encourage JW to share it as well? 
    edited July 24

www.headstonesband.com

• jeff2040jeff2040 Posts: 1,602
    mrussel1 said:
    jeff2040 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Can I get a link to the songs?  The only one I've found so far only had 7 of the songs in it.
    Yes I'll pm you this evening.  Can you handle AIF or losslesz or need mp3?
    MP3 would be fine.  Thanks!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,359
    This album is soooo good. Jack finally took the best parts of WS, solo work, DW and the Raconteurs and made an incredible album.
    😂😂😂
    Show at the damn American legion in Nashville Saturday night! Think about that, a show at the local American legion.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,788
    Whoa! Went ahead and put my number in to see if I get an opportunity. No idea how much these might be though.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    This album is soooo good. Jack finally took the best parts of WS, solo work, DW and the Raconteurs and made an incredible album.
    He’s the most progressive artist on the planet by far! No Name is better than any other album this year..I can’t stop listening to it 🤘🤘
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Show at the damn American legion in Nashville Saturday night! Think about that, a show at the local American legion.
    There was a time a band we all love did shows spontaneously but only JW does them like this these days! That place might collapse after this show 
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 697
    Anyone know if third man is still handing out the new album or was that just for one day?
    I really hope he tours for this album I need to see this live!!!!
    There was a time a band we all love did shows spontaneously but only JW does them like this these days! That place might collapse after this show 
    Foo fighters too. The killers, still a few big bands that do stuff like that. None of my favorite bands though!!! Unfortunately 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Foo fighters too. The killers, still a few big bands that do stuff like that. None of my favorite bands though!!! Unfortunately 
    Sorry to say but this album to me at least is way better than DM! Now I’m hoping he tours this fall/winter 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Sorry to say but this album to me at least is way better than DM! Now I’m hoping he tours this fall/winter 
    I cannot wait to hear it because DM fuckin rocks. 
    I hate to be the dragsville on this, but I just think it's pretty good.  It does not compare to a WS record for me.  What I loved about prime WS is the way Jack flowed through heavy stuff, but then would drop a Same Boy, Cause and Effect, Yorba, Martyr for my Love.  To me, these are the great, great WS songs and there is really nothing like that on the unnamed.  The last song on B is the only one that I thought would get there, but it turned into a driving rock song as well.  

Don't get me wrong, it's better than Boarding House and Fear.  But I even like Lazaretto and definitely Blunderbuss better.  I like when he tones it down a bit.  That's where he is best to me. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I hate to be the dragsville on this, but I just think it's pretty good.  It does not compare to a WS record for me.  What I loved about prime WS is the way Jack flowed through heavy stuff, but then would drop a Same Boy, Cause and Effect, Yorba, Martyr for my Love.  To me, these are the great, great WS songs and there is really nothing like that on the unnamed.  The last song on B is the only one that I thought would get there, but it turned into a driving rock song as well.  

Don't get me wrong, it's better than Boarding House and Fear.  But I even like Lazaretto and definitely Blunderbuss better.  I like when he tones it down a bit.  That's where he is best to me. 
    I like all his output with each facet of bands and solo albums! I just like the harder JW stuff and this NN effort is right up my alley but it’s all about what please you or anyone else not everyone is going to like it! 
    mrussel1 said:

I like all his output with each facet of bands and solo albums! I just like the harder JW stuff and this NN effort is right up my alley but it’s all about what please you or anyone else not everyone is going to like it! 
    Yes, if hard-driving JW is your favorite kind, this is for you.  I like the groove-oriented (like the Racs) as well as the countrified.  In fact, I think he's great at country.  
    mrussel1 said:

Blunderbuss is def tops for me but I haven’t listened to the new one yet. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes, if hard-driving JW is your favorite kind, this is for you.  I like the groove-oriented (like the Racs) as well as the countrified.  In fact, I think he's great at country.  
    Yes he’s a totally rounded artist I love his country style and blues stuff too! But yeah yesterday driving to work this album works perfectly! 
    Shows in Atlanta next week just announced 
    Shows in Atlanta next week just announced 
    Damn that’s what I’m talking about spontaneity! 
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    and Athens at the 40 Watt!
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 553
    edited July 25
    🤞that he'll schedule a show at his favorite venue, Cain's Ballroom!

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

can't stand his country stuff. blech. but you're right, he does do it very well. like a seasoned country artist from the beginning. I just loathe country. 

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

can't stand his country stuff. blech. but you're right, he does do it very well. like a seasoned country artist from the beginning. I just loathe country. 
    I loathe country as well, specifically modern country.  But I love country-rock, like CSNY, NY, Grateful Dead  and even the Eagles.  That late 60's Canyon sound is one of my favorites.  That's the class I put in Jack in.  Not true country, but country-rock.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I loathe country as well, specifically modern country.  But I love country-rock, like CSNY, NY, Grateful Dead  and even the Eagles.  That late 60's Canyon sound is one of my favorites.  That's the class I put in Jack in.  Not true country, but country-rock.  
    interesting. I put him somewhere in between. Sometimes his voice does that twang that just scratches my nerves. 

www.headstonesband.com

Perfect timing on this new music tomorrow I’m driving 6 hours up to lake Champlain on the border of Vermont and New Hampshire will be rocking it! 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

interesting. I put him somewhere in between. Sometimes his voice does that twang that just scratches my nerves. 
    I prefer to call it "Americana".