Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,788
    Wish I was closer to Nashville!
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    Guys… it’s GOOD… like, first 2 White Stripes albums (but a lot more polished) good. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,140
    Gibson said:
    Guys… it’s GOOD… like, first 2 White Stripes albums (but a lot more polished) good. 
    👀
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,359
    Jack is encouraging people to rip this album and share it. Please do if any has the capabilities.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    edited July 20
    This is cool and everything, but just release it on streaming services so we can all
    enjoy 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    Jack is encouraging people to rip this album and share it. Please do if any has the capabilities.
    nicknyr15 said:
    This is cool and everything, but just release it on streaming services so we can all
    enjoy 
    Yes to both ^^^^ ☝️
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,716
    I gotta hear this thing! Any help with a quality digital version?
    I gotta hear this thing! Any help with a quality digital version?
    It’s on YouTube but the quality isn’t great. I’ll wait for a high quality version. 
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 255
    Check the reddit page, there's a 24/96 AIFF rip on there. Haven't listened yet so not sure how clean a rip it is
    I am wired and fading...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    RoeDawg13 said:
    Check the reddit page, there's a 24/96 AIFF rip on there. Haven't listened yet so not sure how clean a rip it is
    Do you have a link by chance?
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 255
    edited July 20

Off to the right in the rules box, check rule 3. There's different formats to choose in there

*edited to add the link straight to the Google drive.

Post edited by RoeDawg13 on
    I am wired and fading...
  • DC29940DC29940 Posts: 661
    Gibson said:
    👀
    Gibson ain’t lying. It’s REALLY damn good. 
    Listened through 3 times this morning. I celebrate everything Jack does and love all his output. But this is easily his best since Lazaretto, maybe his best solo album all together. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    RoeDawg13 said:

Off to the right in the rules box, check rule 3. There's different formats to choose in there

*edited to add the link straight to the Google drive.

Thanks dude f’n rocks 🤘he never stops pushing the boundaries! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,716
    I love what this guy does.  Haven't seen him since 2005 as the White Stripes though.  Really need to see him again live. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,788
    Halfway through it. It’s awesome!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    this is his best effort in YEARS. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004
    Of course I let my subscription run out the one time they do something cool...
    What are they doing?
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,929
    Since they announced they were ending the Tidal discount that you had to be a constant subscriber to maintain, I’ve been debating dipping in and out for the Vault packages I want and don’t want. Wasn’t crazy about the just announced Bob Dylan & The Band Vault, but I’m definitely staying subscribed for any Jack surprises. 

Looks like no luck for me with randomly receiving No Name, but hopefully Jack reposting on Instagram what I assume will be his band for this record cycle means shows will happen. Maybe within this next Vault quarter.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623

fresh is the word that came to mind. its him and his sound but different. all the earlier solo shit echoed heavily of ws. like straight lifts of guitar parts etc.... this doesnt
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    kasedoug said:
    Since they announced they were ending the Tidal discount that you had to be a constant subscriber to maintain, I’ve been debating dipping in and out for the Vault packages I want and don’t want. Wasn’t crazy about the just announced Bob Dylan & The Band Vault, but I’m definitely staying subscribed for any Jack surprises. 

Looks like no luck for me with randomly receiving No Name, but hopefully Jack reposting on Instagram what I assume will be his band for this record cycle means shows will happen. Maybe within this next Vault quarter.
    …and we have confirmed Jack White show activity in California. Definitely staying in now.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    Now that is a goddamn festival 
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:

…and we have confirmed Jack White show activity in California. Definitely staying in now.

Are you thinking he's going to headline Ohana?
    mrussel1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    kasedoug said:

Are you thinking he's going to headline Ohana?
    I doubt it. Festivals usually have radius clauses that prevent artists, especially headliners, from playing other shows/fests in the vicinity for a defined time before and after the festival. They want that exclusivity so that people pay the money to come to that festival. 

Just mainly excited to see Jack playing show within driving distance. Would love it if something closer to LA popped up.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a JW album this much straight away, it’s probably not since the White Stripes days. The only solo album of his I liked is Blunderbuss, I gave up on the others after a listen or two. 

This is the best thing he’s done in a long, long time for me.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I wish he’d just release it so I can enjoy it as well 
    nicknyr15 said:
    I can send you a link to my google cloud to download if you want.  JW is encouraging people to share it.
    I need some artwork to hold soon. 
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Posts: 1,602
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I can send you a link to my google cloud to download if you want.  JW is encouraging people to share it.
    Can I get a link to the songs?  The only one I've found so far only had 7 of the songs in it.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith