mickeyrat said:
    power of my love is being used for apple watch tv ads
    Not very analogue of him. 

Using his music for a mechanical watch commercial, that would be cool 
    Maybe one out of Detroit, even?
    Shinola 

yep, he should do that. For sure it’s better than apple 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,289
    just grabbed De Stijl XX off discogs. Looks like a sweet set. I'm trying to stick with "available on vinyl only" purchases from now on. 
    I think I'll move to Australia

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,015
    edited July 7
    just grabbed De Stijl XX off discogs. Looks like a sweet set. I'm trying to stick with "available on vinyl only" purchases from now on. 
    I have this, packaging on some of the Vault stuff is amazing. I have so many WS sets I couldnt even tell you what is in it without looking. I just got sort of hooked on buying every WS release. Can't imagine there is much more WS stuff to unearth and future Vaults will be Jack White or other artist's. I don't think I need any more WS live shows.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,289
    FR181798 said:
    I have this, packaging on some of the Vault stuff is amazing. I have so many WS sets I couldnt even tell you what is in it without looking. I just got sort of hooked on buying every WS release. Can't imagine there is much more WS stuff to unearth and future Vaults will be Jack White or other artist's. I don't think I need any more WS live shows.
    yeah, I bought this because of the a) demos and b) live dvd's. 
    I think I'll move to Australia

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,727
    FR181798 said:
    yeah, I bought this because of the a) demos and b) live dvd's. 
    It’s a great little boxset. Enjoy!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,727

www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 1,506
    Makes sense.  7 inch records kind of suck 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,015
    Off topic but despite Jack Whites efforts, the day of the single as it was seems to be well and truly gone which is a shame because I used to really like them.  For a while they were affordable with great b-sides but more often or not bands just put on another album track on the flipside, if they even do a single. Particularly fond of 90s singles. Singles seem to be just made for collectors now.

Can't comment on this Vault package as I know nothing about Primus but happy to see this package as it looks like one I can't sit out on.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 32,495
    FR181798 said:
    Off topic but despite Jack Whites efforts, the day of the single as it was seems to be well and truly gone which is a shame because I used to really like them.  For a while they were affordable with great b-sides but more often or not bands just put on another album track on the flipside, if they even do a single. Particularly fond of 90s singles. Singles seem to be just made for collectors now.

Can't comment on this Vault package as I know nothing about Primus but happy to see this package as it looks like one I can't sit out on.
    B sides used to be songs that didn't make the album.  The bands just shuffle those to the next album now.

I think this Primus album is going to draw in a bunch of newer blood to the Vault.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,851
    If anyone’s interested in the Primus Vault package for cost and doesn’t want to hassle with a subscription, please let me know. I will have mine available when it arrives.

Also, I have a complete Jack White Live at Bonnaroo 2014 Vault 22 package for sale. Brand new, never played. Only opened to verify the contents were all accounted for. I attended the fest that year and bought two so I could spin one and archive one because I can clearly see myself along the barricade in the crowd shot on the back of the box.

Asking $200 + shipping. Please message me if interested. Thanks!!!
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 2,415
    edited July 19
    Nvm. I guess I was watching a replay 😊
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 6,049
    Am I the only one enjoying Entering Heaven Alive more than Fear of the Dawn? 
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 9,095
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nope
    MedozK said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nope
    It’s so much more interesting imo. I prefer this side of JW. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,298
    Way better. Do like the FOTD version of Taking Me Back. Entering is just a more complete album to me.
    DewieCox said:
    Way better. Do like the FOTD version of Taking Me Back. Entering is just a more complete album to me.
    This album has a heavy “blunderbuss” feel to it, which is my favorite record from JW. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,906
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm the opposite. Having a tough time getting into the new one.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USAPosts: 21,714
    Excited to dig more into EHA! I like what I've heard so far! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,634
    mfc2006 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm the opposite. Having a tough time getting into the new one.
    Same. Like, it's shockingly basic. These are songs that I'm sure those of us who play can learn in about a week.

I'll keep trying, but I like when JWIII has on his sorcerer's hat in place of a contrived porkpie.

Fear of the Dawn is my favorite solo effort of his so far, although I've still never listened completely to Boarding House Reach.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 3,167
    I love the track Help Me Along… instantly hooked me in. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 3,167
    Loving this album more and more every day. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14