Options

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    MedozK said:
    Nice to see a band commit to analog and put out a great sounding record. Wonder if PJ will ever do anything like that again?
    Again?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2022
    Air23 said:
    MedozK said:
    Great record. Sound is top notch, it has been alluded to that it is AAA. If not the mastering really sounds exceptional. Pressing is average, have a slight dish warp with mine. Don't understand why they didn't just make this a gatefold, I hate the two records in one slip cover concept. I really like this new record, to me you can really hear the Frusciante influence back. 
    Which pressing? Optional or GZ?
    I picked up the Target Exclusive. It is actually confusing as the runout information contains code from both Optimal and GZ. So maybe plated at Optimal and then pressed at GZ or I guess it could be the other way around.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    MedozK said:
    Nice to see a band commit to analog and put out a great sounding record. Wonder if PJ will ever do anything like that again?
    Again?
    again as in the future. Not like they have a record of recording to tape and somehow quit.

Fixed, lol
    Wonder if PJ will ever do anything like this?
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 306
    Kinda bummed I never picked up I’m With You and The Getaway on vinyl 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    joe159 said:

You can usually still find those. I see them pop on on Amazon every once in awhile. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    MedozK said:
    Great record. Sound is top notch, it has been alluded to that it is AAA. If not the mastering really sounds exceptional. Pressing is average, have a slight dish warp with mine. Don't understand why they didn't just make this a gatefold, I hate the two records in one slip cover concept. I really like this new record, to me you can really hear the Frusciante influence back. 
    I thought there were some versions that were gatefold?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    joe159 said:
    Check Best Buy periodically. For some reason it’s in store pick-up only, but there are a few stores that seem to have it.  This one appears to be the closest location to you. Kind of far though 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    MedozK said:
    I thought there were some versions that were gatefold?
    The deluxe black vinyl is gatefold. 
    When I saw regular and deluxe versions listed in standard black, I stupidly assumed the colored variants they kept releasing would be in the deluxe packaging not standard, seeing how they were all limited editions.  Obviously they aren’t.  To me that was the only letdown of this album.

doesn’t seem unreasonable to expect a limited edition to be in the nicer packaging option 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I just had to pull over the car because I was under the influence of “Heavy Wing.” 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,758
    dankind said:
    I just had to pull over the car because I was under the influence of “Heavy Wing.” 
    You did the responsible thing. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,927
    Just such as good record front to back. First Chili’s album I’ve listened to on release since By the Way. Have since gone back through the catalogue. Have really enjoyed getting back into their music. Stadium is my favourite. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    nicknyr15 said:
    GD man! Could this get any better!? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    that was left off the record? holy shit

edit: japanese bonus track. nice. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hopefully we get a quick follow up because I’d love to hear more from these sessions. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Hopefully we get a quick follow up because I’d love to hear more from these sessions. 
    this record is doing so phenomenally, and they said they wrote and (I think) recorded a shit load more, I can't imagine they don't get the same I'm With You/I'm Beside You treatment. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    this record is doing so phenomenally, and they said they wrote and (I think) recorded a shit load more, I can't imagine they don't get the same I'm With You/I'm Beside You treatment. 
    I hope so….. What a great record man. I can’t get enough. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I also had to pull over during Heavy Wing today : ) 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Damn over two weeks of solid listening and it just keeps getting better for me! Great summer album if the MetLife show was on a weekend I’d bite the bullet and go but it’s a damn Thursday and that sucks! I’m holding out for indoor shows..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,958
    Great album....perfect follow up to the Getaway
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Damn over two weeks of solid listening and it just keeps getting better for me! Great summer album if the MetLife show was on a weekend I’d bite the bullet and go but it’s a damn Thursday and that sucks! I’m holding out for indoor shows..
    Agree with everything here!
  • Options
    BR2428BR2428 Posts: 120
    This is a really great album. Those bass lines and smooth funky guitars. My top favorites have been changing as time goes by, but the combo of White Braids/One Way Traffic is right up there these days.
  • Options
    Can everyone stop talking about how much they are enjoying the chili peppers album? I might just have to buy it 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    Sold me on it. I should stay away from here!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    It's taken a while but Unlimited Love is finally growing on me. I didn't think it was bad, but it just didn't blow me away the first few times.
    I gave it a break for a week or so and went back with fresh ears and that definitely did the trick.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    It's taken a while but Unlimited Love is finally growing on me. I didn't think it was bad, but it just didn't blow me away the first few times.
    I gave it a break for a week or so and went back with fresh ears and that definitely did the trick.
    Yeah it really is that good I’ve listened to it constantly and it’s just a damn good record! 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    Guess I'm the anomaly. I'll try it again, but found myself wondering when the album would end. I really liked The Getaway, but only a handful interest me so far. Can't remember which song it was, but sounded exactly like Sick Love in one part.

I do not find this album near as good as Gigaton, but thought their last album blew away anything PJ had done since the mid-2000s.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    tbergs said:
    Guess I'm the anomaly. I'll try it again, but found myself wondering when the album would end. I really liked The Getaway, but only a handful interest me so far. Can't remember which song it was, but sounded exactly like Sick Love in one part.

I do not find this album near as good as Gigaton, but thought their last album blew away anything PJ had done since the mid-2000s.

Exactly how I feel about it. It's very dull to my ears, and I enjoyed The Getaway a lot. Really trying to like it, but it's not hitting me whatsoever. Very bland indeed.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Uhmm I haven’t gone back to Gigaton since it’s release, it did nothing for me! But UL has everything I like Flea’s & Chads work way better than anything Jeff & Matt did on Gigaton IMHO..
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Uhmm I haven’t gone back to Gigaton since it’s release, it did nothing for me! But UL has everything I like Flea’s & Chads work way better than anything Jeff & Matt did on Gigaton IMHO..
    This 100%