Options

NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• Options
    I'm really trying hard not to read into "The End" as the final song for PJ. If you look at it like a story told over 20 years starting with "Once" (upon a time) and traditionally closing with "The End" it makes sense. I'd like to think this is the the last song on their new album and leave it at that. It makes me sad to think if I was right. Say it ain't so guys. Jammers...tell me I'm wrong and I will be with you.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'm really trying hard not to read into "The End" as the final song for PJ. If you look at it like a story told over 20 years starting with "Once" (upon a time) and traditionally closing with "The End" it makes sense. I'd like to think this is the the last song on their new album and leave it at that. It makes me sad to think if I was right. Say it ain't so guys. Jammers...tell me I'm wrong and I will be with you.

Yeah...how did I know this post was coming. We said the same thing about "Parting Ways" almost 10 years ago
  • Options

Yeah...how did I know this post was coming. We said the same thing about "Parting Ways" almost 10 years ago
    Good call. You already made me feel better. I hate thinking about that shit.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I don't know about the time thing...but I'm fired up for The Fixer...it sounds from all the accounts from people who have heard it that it will be a HUGE hit. Not that it really matters...but it would be cool for them to have another classic rock hit 20 years later without it being a cheesy Aerosmith, Green Day or U2 catering to the girls (moms) and or teenagers style hit.

WWS almost caught fire... but it dissapeared after two months. AGAIN...it doesn't matter just think it would be cool/weird for the youngsters to rally around/discover them like I did when I was 21.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I don't see what the fuss about the length of the album is....like someone else said, that was the average time of plenty of classic albums that were first released on vinyl.

And saying they are all going to be short punk songs is kind of silly. Alive is about 5:30 on Ten, plenty of room for that, especially if you consider one of the acoustic songs probably won't me more than 3 minutes. And so on.

A shorter album that keeps moving makes it easier to listen to as a first timer to the album than a longer one, too.

If i had to guess though I would have thought Got Some opened the album, sounds like an opener.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    I choose to believe no part of this. The alternative would be too depressing.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i hope the songs are better than the song titles :P

there... ive done my part in the bitching

cool news! guess we can expect some "punchy" ed-inspired punk songs with it being that short... maybe vitalogy-esque

im so ready for it
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    If this track list is correct I'll eat my PJ hat.

"Johnny Guitar"??? That sounds like something off a Stray Cats album.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Guitar :lol:

Also... MOST of the song names listed are the names of songs by other artists... So I'm not sure how much I would believe this information... not saying the it's not true, I'm just skeptical.

I also have a hard time believing that it hasn't leaked if people are hearing it and getting the track names... the one person we know of that has heard the album had to fly to Seattle to hear it and he was monitored while listening to it so he wouldn't have the opportunity to steal a copy of the album. He was also not given any of the titles to the tracks or the album even... so... who knows.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with the first line here. The production sucked, no new ground, yet a solid album. Which is why I said by contemporary rock standards, it was a great album. But I've always considered pearl jam to be better than contemporary rock. And I would much rather have pearl jam challenge themselves musically and break new ground than worry about fan alienation. I'd like to see the band make great music for the sake of great music, and let the fans react how they will.

I agree totally. My favorite songs are always the ones that the fans "don't get". I thought S/T was one uninspired, generic riff after another, but the fans ate it right up. I guess that's the kind of crap they want/expect. And if you don't agree then you're an "art snob".
  • Options
    I just wish we could get a yay or nay from the 10c on whether or not this article is correct or incorrect... but getting that kind of info is like pulling teeth.
  • Options
    quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    I just wish we could get a yay or nay from the 10c on whether or not this article is correct or incorrect... but getting that kind of info is like pulling teeth.

i dunno... it seems to me that the Mods rip down any true information pretty quickly. My litmus test is, if it's on the board... it's not true. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2009

i dunno... it seems to me that the Mods rip down any true information pretty quickly. My litmus test is, if it's on the board... it's not true. :lol:

Yah...

I will say one thing though... the song called "The End" is really fucking sad.

Edit: Also, where is RUMOR KILLER when you need him?
  • Options

Yah...

I will say one thing though... the song called "The End" is really fucking sad.

but so beautiful, too! Ed at his best...

EDIT: not that i've heard it.
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited June 2009
    I noticed that the length of Got Some from the Conan performance was only 2:53. I bet there will be a few tracks that clock in at 4 to 5 minutes. Sounds like this would it will be a single vinyl LP.
    Post edited by comatose_253 on
  • Options
    I agree 100% with the first line here. The production sucked, no new ground, yet a solid album. Which is why I said by contemporary rock standards, it was a great album. But I've always considered pearl jam to be better than contemporary rock. And I would much rather have pearl jam challenge themselves musically and break new ground than worry about fan alienation. I'd like to see the band make great music for the sake of great music, and let the fans react how they will.

I agree totally. My favorite songs are always the ones that the fans "don't get". I thought S/T was one uninspired, generic riff after another, but the fans ate it right up. I guess that's the kind of crap they want/expect. And if you don't agree then you're an "art snob".

I dont wanna hijack this topic. But I think the reason that the self titled album fails (besides production and the no risk song ideas and structures) Is the fact that It doesnt even feel like an album. The band couldn't even give the album a title or a theme. its just got an avocado.

On topic. This tracklisting could be wrong. anyone could make a tracklist with all the current knowledge of the album. (The End, Got Some, Fixer and UnThought Known.) Throw in a title about waves and steal another few titles from other bands that sound relative. Although I'm not saying its definatly false. Just a speculation. :D
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    I noticed that the length of Got Some from the Conon performance was only 2:53. I bet there will be a few tracks that clock in at 4 to 5 minutes. Sounds like this would it will be a single vinyl LP.
    I wonder if the studio cut will be slower than the live performance... hmmm
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I think this article is BS. I have to agree with some that those titles are terrible.

Anyone thinking "The End" means something worse? Like AiCs "Over Now" from their "last" album.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    I think this article is BS. I have to agree with some that those titles are terrible.

Anyone thinking "The End" means something worse? Like AiCs "Over Now" from their "last" album.

"The End" seems to be about a romantic break up... not the end of the band.

EDIT: not that i've heard it... or anything.
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    I noticed that the length of Got Some from the Conon performance was only 2:53. I bet there will be a few tracks that clock in at 4 to 5 minutes. Sounds like this would it will be a single vinyl LP.
    I wonder if the studio cut will be slower than the live performance... hmmm

Good point . . . it could have a quicker pace live. The Conan performance was definitely scorch’n.

All speculation until we know if this new info is even true.
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    BC196886 wrote:
    I remember a while back someone posted on here saying they wanted Pearl Jam to do a punk album...maybe this will be the closest thing we'll get to that!

i've been saying this since Yeild. Fuck i hope this album rocks hard as fuck!
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    Here I was really looking forward to Cigarette Song Pt. 1 and 2 :lol: Would all you bitchers want to fill the album with that mess?? (Sorry, the title to me doesn't scream quality song)

Who the hell is bashing Avacado? Riot Act is the only album available for bashing, all other albums must be left alone! (Are people bashing Avacado more than Binaural? I haven't seen a complaint about Binaural in ages!).

"The End" is about the end of his last relationship. Damn it would make a good "The End" forever, wouldn't it? Once to The End, like someone else said? Anyway, Parting Ways was also about the same thing The End is, soooo since the last bad relationship song didn't end with the end of the band, it won't this time either! (Right?).

Anyone else feel bad that Ed's breakup in 2000 is still haunting him? Still providing the creative juices to make songs in 2009? Must have been really, really painful.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Who the hell is bashing Avacado? Riot Act is the only album available for bashing, all other albums must be left alone!

Guess again. Riot Act is 100X better than Avocado.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    i can think of many great albums that come in under 36 minutes... one of which is ITW. i don't care if it's short, just as long as it's sweet! :D:D:D
    No.. f that. I want a cd I can listen to... not a cd that is the length of an episode of Family Matters.
    I agree. 36 minutes of PJ is not enough. 11 songs is not enough. I may sound greedy but it's terribly disappointing if it's true. The last CD I bought was Outer South by Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band. What a fucking amazing album. And I was very pleased and impressed with it being 16 tracks - and all are very, very good, some are just unreal. Anyway....I haven't posted in a while but this one really scares me. Please be wrong about the minutes.
  • Options
    Stu42Stu42 Posts: 178
    Do you guys really look at albums in terms of minutes? And number of songs? I think 36 minutes sounds perfect, I wish every album I owned clocked in at around 40 minutes, would probably go a long way towards making more cohesive albums and let me listen to more in a day = ) Now lets push up the release date to july.
  • Options

I can confirm that this article were released in the german newspaper visions. Me or skyvalley will post a picture this afternoon to calm down all the negativ vibration.

I remember as I post as one of the first that the ITW was available at the "Aural..." side it was the same as a lot of people thinking this was a fake. It's really sad that we as a community couldn't believe some information that we receive from a tencluber...

Maybe it would help to receive such information from the tenclub first to avoid such discussion?
  • Options
    AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    I hope the magazine's got a wrong source then ;-)

It's really weird to have 4 songs which titles "belong" to other bands... I can see it from here :

me "I like Speed of Sound"
    them "what??? you told me you hated coldplay"
    me "..."

same with the other three.. even though The End could be a Doors OR A Beatles song.

Add the compulsory "wave" song...

BUT I won't whine about the 34 minutes, because I love short albums. Well, if there's a reason for it to be short, obviously.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Quality over quantity I guess.[/quote]
    Quality = Pearl Jam
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    any album news is good news as far as i'm concerned! 8-)
    +1
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    skyvalley wrote:
    so i try to put this german review into english....

1. see my friend
    straigt rock, strong lyrics, aggrassive
    2. got some
    i think you know that from conan.. straigt, little angry and great guitar licks from mike
    3. the fixer
    first highpoint of the album - classical rock song some crazy but cool melody
    4. johhny guitar
    rocksong lots of lyrics, at least classical pearl jam song
    5. just breath
    accoustic ballad - smart strings - lyrics about love - wonderful grandios!!
    6. amongs the waves
    preassure to heaven - positive song - a liitle like given to fly
    7. untought known
    midtemp-rocksong, ccol end
    8. supersonic
    OASIS COVER!! - No just a joke - wild song, sounds happy - a fast one - at start it´s like a soundgarden song pushed from matt´s drums
    9. Speed of Sound
    No coldplay... ;) exotic strange popsong with piano
    10. Force of nature
    a rocksong loke a whole pearl jam concert - start´s slow wents faster you cant get it out of the ear
    11. the end
    second acoustic song will end the album - one of the strongest ballads since a long time

hope you can read this with my little english
    well said..