Options

NEW ALBUM ALL SONGS LISTED in GERMANY´s VISIONS MAGAZIN

Comments

• Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    thanks for sharing.. I want to hear the final track.. the end :?
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Wow... just read this and I was really counting on about 50-55 mins for this one... I remember reading too that they recorded well into the 20s for # of songs in these sessions so that is kinda disappointing knowing that we're getting just 11 and 36 mins... but with all that being said I could care less if this album winds up kicking as much ass as Got Some has eluded to!
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Well, I'm just not going to listen to it.

38 minutes, maybe. But not 36.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    Lets put this into perspective people..

If they released a new album that was 36 minutes long and it looked like this..

Brain of J
    Faithful
    Save You
    Comatose
    Go
    Last Exit
    In My Tree
    Do the Evolution
    Grievance
    Porch
    Oceans

11 songs, 36 minutes.. would it be so bad?

that would knock me on my ass
    in 36 minutes
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346

Brain of J
    Faithful
    Save You
    Comatose
    Go
    Last Exit
    In My Tree
    Do the Evolution
    Grievance
    Porch
    Oceans

haha WORD. I'm sorry, but the whiners need to seriously shut the fuck up.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    skyvalley wrote:
    so i try to put this german review into english....

1. see my friend
    straigt rock, strong lyrics, aggrassive
    2. got some
    i think you know that from conan.. straigt, little angry and great guitar licks from mike
    3. the fixer
    first highpoint of the album - classical rock song some crazy but cool melody
    4. johhny guitar
    rocksong lots of lyrics, at least classical pearl jam song
    5. just breath
    accoustic ballad - smart strings - lyrics about love - wonderful grandios!!
    6. amongs the waves
    preassure to heaven - positive song - a liitle like given to fly
    7. untought known
    midtemp-rocksong, ccol end
    8. supersonic
    OASIS COVER!! - No just a joke - wild song, sounds happy - a fast one - at start it´s like a soundgarden song pushed from matt´s drums
    9. Speed of Sound
    No coldplay... ;) exotic strange popsong with piano
    10. Force of nature
    a rocksong loke a whole pearl jam concert - start´s slow wents faster you cant get it out of the ear
    11. the end
    second acoustic song will end the album - one of the strongest ballads since a long time

hope you can read this with my little english

THANKS FOR THIS! Much appreciated information.

Personally, I could give two shits for their studio albums because for the most part, once I have a great boot with the same song, I can't listen to the studio version anymore.

And speaking of standards, they exceed their own standards when they play any of their stuff live. The emotion that comes out of those guys and their instruments, and the longevity of their stage performances, is
    what makes them the best fucking live band EVER.

So however many songs for however long on the new CD, just think about how much better everything will be when you hear those songs LIVE! :D
    Besides, an even better excuse to play the CD a hundred times in a row!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options

Brain of J
    Faithful
    Save You
    Comatose
    Go
    Last Exit
    In My Tree
    Do the Evolution
    Grievance
    Porch
    Oceans

haha WORD. I'm sorry, but the whiners need to seriously shut the fuck up.
    +159648947845156456
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'm going to try something crazy and listen to it first before judging it.
    -
    Might be the greatest 36 minutes since Yield.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    -

+1. Best post of the thread.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    -

what kind of fan are you? a real fan judges this band on rumors and speculation alone! ;):lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    norm wrote:
    -

what kind of fan are you? a real fan judges this band on rumors and speculation alone! ;):lol:

Thats why I said I am trying something Crazy ;)
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    i feel really out of the loop...

this better not be true, 36 min album would be shit

i want some thick and full songs...not abruptly ending into the wild stuff...as good as it is, come on those songs could have been developed alot more

ugh :(
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    3 years for 36 minutes.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited June 2009
    36 divided by 11 is a 3:27 average . . . some songs don't work well extending them out to 4 or 5 minutes. That said, you could have a few short songs (2:30 or 2:00) and still have a few longer (4:00 or 5:00) songs!
    Post edited by comatose_253 on
  • Options
    I'm personally just stoked that "Unthought Known" is in the possible tracklisting. Having heard the premature version in DC last year, I'm psyched to hear a full band version.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    its only 10 minutes shorter than vs.
    That can be like.. 2 songs.

More importantly, it means no songs like Corduroy, Black, Immortality, Present Tense, In Hiding, Inside Job, NAIS, Alive, All or None or any of their other best songs which are ALL longer jamming songs... just a bunch of crappy little forgettable punk tunes like Big Wave, Gods' Dice, Comatose, Get Right, Evacuation, etc. Sweet.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    I'm personally just stoked that "Unthought Known" is in the possible tracklisting.

me too.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Who gives a shit how long it is as long as it is a great record? Seriously. I'd take 36 minutes of new Pearl Jam over 90 minutes of most of the shit that's out there these days.

I really don't get all the whining on here sometimes. We don't even have any actual proof that this is genuine yet (I'm not doubting the OP, just the validity of the article) yet still people are getting the shits over it.

Here's a crazy idea, how about we wait until the album comes out and then judge it?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 941
    if this is true, im happy, had the end in my head constantly(hope its not autobiographical), everyone needs to hear this song, it will be thier best studio song....... xx
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,118
    Almost 2 1/2 years for 36 minutes of music?? Oh well, something is better than nothing. :D
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,338
    Deadman wrote:
    Wow... just read this and I was really counting on about 50-55 mins for this one... I remember reading too that they recorded well into the 20s for # of songs in these sessions so that is kinda disappointing knowing that we're getting just 11 and 36 mins... but with all that being said I could care less if this album winds up kicking as much ass as Got Some has eluded to!
    I'd like to know where you read that they were working on 20 some songs this time around. Cause I'm quite certain that they only recorded 14.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    thrakerthraker Posts: 61
    Reign in Blood is one of the greatest albums of all time and it is only 27 minutes.

Excellent example. Some of the best albums ever are between 30 and 40 minutes. We all could make a huge list of fantastic albums less than 40 minutes. Leave it to Pearl Jam fans to find something else to complain about.

Next:
    "These songs are too catchy. They get stuck in my head and won't leave. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".
  • Options

Brain of J
    Faithful
    Save You
    Comatose
    Go
    Last Exit
    In My Tree
    Do the Evolution
    Grievance
    Porch
    Oceans

I don't like Oceans as a closer. Replace that with All Those Yesterdays. I'd put DTE where Comatose is and put Sad or No Way where DTE is, scrapping Comatose all together.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    bullshit.

8. supersonic - OASIS
    9. speed of sound - COLDPLAY
    10. force of nature - OASIS

if this is true it would be a big, strange coincidence.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Deadman wrote:
    I'd like to know where you read that they were working on 20 some songs this time around. Cause I'm quite certain that they only recorded 14.

I could have swore at one point Mike had stated something that eluded to over 10 songs being recorded and that they were only half done with the # of songs... but I may have misinterpreted it... either way GIVE ME THIS ALBUM NOW PLEASE!!! Cannot freakin' wait.

:D
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    One of the songs on the new Porcupine Tree is going to be 55 minutes, so really... would we rather have that? Crap, I couldn't even imagine such a ridiculous thing.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    thraker wrote:
    Reign in Blood is one of the greatest albums of all time and it is only 27 minutes.

Excellent example. Some of the best albums ever are between 30 and 40 minutes. We all could make a huge list of fantastic albums less than 40 minutes. Leave it to Pearl Jam fans to find something else to complain about.

Next:
    "These songs are too catchy. They get stuck in my head and won't leave. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

:lol::lol::lol:

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    One of the songs on the new Porcupine Tree is going to be 55 minutes, so really... would we rather have that? Crap, I couldn't even imagine such a ridiculous thing.

Sleep's "Dopesmoker" album is 63 minutes long and it's only made up of ONE SONG!

Maybe some people here should listen to it...

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    How about a picture or scan of the article?
  • Options
    thrakerthraker Posts: 61
    goldrush wrote:
    over_bends wrote:

Sleep's "Dopesmoker" album is 63 minutes long and it's only made up of ONE SONG!

Maybe some people here should listen to it...

Everyone needs to listen to "Dopesmoker".