Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    CeluhCeluh Posts: 3
    Still nothing here in the Netherlands :x
    Did anyone else in NL already received their copy of LB CD?
  • Options
    my cd arrived this morning, only a week after the release date. and the LP is nowhere to be seen. yay!
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • Options
    Nothing in Wales!!!!!

After weeks...no months, building myself up, waiting.....waiting. Getting all excited about the upcoming new album....
    Release date passes....then over two weeks later....nothing!!!!!!!! Come on Ten Clun, totally unacceptable.

Lost interest in listening to the album now. Moment's gone. Seeing Alice in Chains in couple of weeks, so getting their back catalogue off the shelf as prep!

Shame on you Ten Club, shame on you.
  • Options
    at least the international shipping was cheap. oh, hang on, no, thats not right.

and at least it was shipped from the states to my house in the UK to accommodate for the expensive shipping. oh, no it wasnt, thats right, it came from Belgium.
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    nothing in Poland yet.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    Still have not received my CD
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I still haven't received my CD yet but its good to see some fellow Australians have received their CD's & vinyl, so it means it should be here soon............I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RomarioRomario Posts: 19
    Still nothing here, in the Netherlands!!
  • Options
    lynchtplynchtp Posts: 17
    Same here. Still no disc. Ireland
    Cork, Dublin x3.
    They just keep getting better.
  • Options
    Celuh wrote:
    Still nothing here in the Netherlands :x
    Did anyone else in NL already received their copy of LB CD?
    Nope...
  • Options
    TheRobboTheRobbo Northumberland, UK Posts: 20
    Finally received mine in the UK this morning. Two unanswered emails to 10C, and as mentioned above sent from Belgium, not the US, dispatched on the 7th, not the 8th as they stated - and not on the 4th as per my confirmation email. Glad to finally have it, but really disappointed in the customer service from 10C and the mis-selling in advertising something as being delivered on the release date. The experience of ordering via 10C, paying roughly twice what I would've paid locally, and being treated like an inconvenience has definitely taken the shine off my enjoyment of a great album. :roll:
  • Options
    So tonight I sent an angry e-mail to 10c about this matter, explaining my anger and asking them what the poing in pre-ordering was etc. etc. etc. (basically mentioned everything already mentioned here by everyone)
    Literally within the minute I received that standard e-mail back about them being shipped on the 8th, the one everyone received.
    Not satisfied with that I wrote this:
    Hello,
    I do not care for these kind of automatic reply answers.
    First: if you`ve shipped the cd on 10/8,why send a mail out on the 4th? and even if they`re shipped on the 8th and the 10th they already should`ve long since gotten here!
    I got the download links but I don`t want these, I want the pshysical product. If I want the download I would`ve downloaded it. Obviously you don`t understand the fans at all by writing such a thing. You don`t show any kind of respect by this and by send out an automatic reply
    I don`t accept this, of course. I want a decent answer and not some kind of cold hearted, dumb automatic answer. I demand a full refund for the complete order for having to wait so insanely long.

Please reply properly to my e-mail!!!!!!

greetz,
    Timo Ritzen

Expecting them to ignore this mail completely, I received this to my amazement just a few minutes ago:
    hi,
    I could explain the how's and why's of dealing with record labels, International shipping, Customs etc, but I doubt you would care at this point.
    So.
    Your order has been refunded. I have duly noted your displeasure with the Ten Club in your account.

have a great day.
    10c

So I at least, if I should believe this mail, got my money back. Maybe an advice for everyone to do the same thing?
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    mine arrived in Melbourne today if that gives anyone else in Oz some hope! My mate did laugh at my pre-ordered copy, saying didn't that come out 2 weeks ago..yes, yes it did! Anyway I've got it, lesson learned, shop locally in future. Have only listened to it once, sounds good - different to what I expected, a few songs very like Eddie's solo stuff..will need a few more loud listens :)
  • Options
    received my vinyl earlier today, about to inspect the product now!
  • Options
    Still waiting on my LP here in Ireland too. :fp:
  • Options
    hi,
    I could explain the how's and why's of dealing with record labels, International shipping, Customs etc, but I doubt you would care at this point.
    So.
    Your order has been refunded. I have duly noted your displeasure with the Ten Club in your account.

have a great day.
    10c

So I at least, if I should believe this mail, got my money back. Maybe an advice for everyone to do the same thing?[/quote]

hahahahah! and what does that mean: I have duly noted your displeasure with the Ten Club in your account.?
    i cant stop but wonder!:)
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    That's a pretty snide, patronising, reply from 10C, pretty much like 'oh you don't understand how complicated it is', hardly an apology - Amazon and others seem to cope with it every day. Anyway, at least you got a reply and a refund. I would love a simple reply to my emails saying, 'Sorry'. If there's been an issue own up to it, these things do happen and I'm sure we're all rational enough to understand it.

Anyway, that's you fucked for pre-orders/tickets etc in future :lol:
  • Options
    Really enjoying the album.... on Fuc**ng Mp3!!!! This is day 14 of the "10-14 days" for international delivery & according to the tracking the projected delivery date is unavailable!!!!! It seems that I'll then have another few weeks wait for a playable replacement vinyl to arrive, unless I am one of the lucky few who get a good pressing with undamaged sleeves........
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Just for peeps mentioning postage via Belguim, from what I gather these were posted from Seattle. UPS Mail Innovations use a hub and spoke model of delivery, so our CDs went from the USA in bulk to a hub Belguim and then were distributed via various spokes to the country of destination ..then by your local mail company (Royal Mail).
    And I beleive they use 10 -14 business days - so you can discount the weekends in that count.
    As the vinyls were sent about a week after the CDs, I guess the delivery will be a week or so later too.
    Not the best of delivery models, but thought an explanation may bring some context.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Just for peeps mentioning postage via Belguim, from what I gather these were posted from Seattle. UPS Mail Innovations use a hub and spoke model of delivery, so our CDs went from the USA in bulk to a hub Belguim and then were distributed via various spokes to the country of destination ..then by your local mail company (Royal Mail).
    And I beleive they use 10 -14 business days - so you can discount the weekends in that count.
    As the vinyls were sent about a week after the CDs, I guess the delivery will be a week or so later too.
    Not the best of delivery models, but thought an explanation may bring some context.

I would not have anything against you being spokeswoman for the 10C, Dottles!:)

professional explanation, yet they should take it into account before planning it to be delivered on release date, shouldn't they?
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    dottles wrote:

professional explanation, yet they should take it into account before planning it to be delivered on release date, shouldn't they?

Totally agree. The issues as I see them amount to poor communication and a lack of customer service. The order was described in terms of receiving the cd on release date (14th). I and many others received emails on October 4th stating that they had been dispatched. 14 working days from here would be 23rd/24th October depending upon how much was done on the actual day - over a week after both the European and US release dates. Even the shorter 10 day period here would have seen them arrive late. On contacting 10C to ask what was happening, we all seem to have received an email stating that they had been dispatched on the 8th. In this case, why were they sold as being deliverable by release date? Clearly never going to happen. Upon receiving mine the other day, it clearly does state that it was sent from Seattle, but on the 7th. So which date is right? Was someone lying about the dispatch date? Was it a genuine accident? Who knows… None of these dates would have seen them arrive in time for release date though, using business days only (incidentally, mine was delivered by good old royal mail in the UK, so depending upon how long it's been in the country I could also have expected possible delivery on a Saturday) I have sent two further emails to 10C following the standard reply, to which I have had no reply. Bigda has had a reply, which doesn't seem to be the most friendly. As I say above, a simple 'Sorry' and an explanation that there's been a delay would have pacified pretty much everyone here I think, but nothing has been forthcoming. I don't know, I guess I just have higher expectations of something attached to the band, given how much they clearly care for their fans. :oops:
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    And I believe they use 10 -14 business days - so you can discount the weekends in that count.

:lol::lol: well if they want to set up a European store I'd be happy to oblige :D
    Yes they should, or at least caveat that the 'delivery on release day' does not apply to international orders.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    TheRobbo wrote:

Totally agree. The issues as I see them amount to poor communication and a lack of customer service. The order was described in terms of receiving the cd on release date (14th). I and many others received emails on October 4th stating that they had been dispatched. 14 working days from here would be 23rd/24th October depending upon how much was done on the actual day - over a week after both the European and US release dates. Even the shorter 10 day period here would have seen them arrive late. On contacting 10C to ask what was happening, we all seem to have received an email stating that they had been dispatched on the 8th. In this case, why were they sold as being deliverable by release date? Clearly never going to happen. Upon receiving mine the other day, it clearly does state that it was sent from Seattle, but on the 7th. So which date is right? Was someone lying about the dispatch date? Was it a genuine accident? Who knows… None of these dates would have seen them arrive in time for release date though, using business days only (incidentally, mine was delivered by good old royal mail in the UK, so depending upon how long it's been in the country I could also have expected possible delivery on a Saturday) I have sent two further emails to 10C following the standard reply, to which I have had no reply. Bigda has had a reply, which doesn't seem to be the most friendly. As I say above, a simple 'Sorry' and an explanation that there's been a delay would have pacified pretty much everyone here I think, but nothing has been forthcoming. I don't know, I guess I just have higher expectations of something attached to the band, given how much they clearly care for their fans. :oops:

Regarding the dispatch date it has previously been explained by 10c staff that the dispatch email is generated by the address labels being pulled from the system, I recall there was a thread on here explaining that the emails had gone out but the items had not and that when the CDs were delivered from the manufacturers, they would be ready to package, label and post over the 7th/8th. I guess when doing bulk dispatches, there is bound to be a delay between the address labels being pulled/printed and the item reaching the mail collection.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    dottles wrote:
    I was told expect 4-8 weeks for international delivery. :nono: :fp: :evil: :cry:

My vault3 arrived 2 & a bit weeks after I got the shipping e-mail. On that timing would have seen my LB arrive on Tuesday this week & it hasn't yet. :(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I was told expect 4-8 weeks for international delivery. :nono: :fp: :evil: :cry:

My vault3 arrived 2 & a bit weeks after I got the shipping e-mail. On that timing would have seen my LB arrive on Tuesday this week & it hasn't yet. :(

Oh no! I checked on the UPS Mail Innovations site and they said 10 - 14 business days for delivery outside of the USA and I've seen that repeated in posts from 10C. They always used to say 4 - 8 weeks because of the customs etc, but the delivery organisation make no mention of that on their website.
    The CD based on a dispatch date of the 8th took 15 business days (discounting Royal Mail delivering on a Saturday) to get to me in deepest darkest Cornwall. I think the vinyl's weren't dispatched until the following week though I didn't order one so don't know for sure.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    dottles wrote:
    morello wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Oh no! I checked on the UPS Mail Innovations site and they said 10 - 14 business days for delivery outside of the USA and I've seen that repeated in posts from 10C. They always used to say 4 - 8 weeks because of the customs etc, but the delivery organisation make no mention of that on their website.
    The CD based on a dispatch date of the 8th took 15 business days (discounting Royal Mail delivering on a Saturday) to get to me in deepest darkest Cornwall. I think the vinyl's weren't dispatched until the following week though I didn't order one so don't know for sure.
    Yeah & the really miserable thing is, if it arrives & it's faulty. :cry: Absolutely ridiculous! If that happens I think I will just have to go to a store here & buy a copy while I wait for the replacement. I'm still so hanging out to hear the album in full glory on vinyl.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    TheRobbo wrote:
    That's a pretty snide, patronising, reply from 10C, pretty much like 'oh you don't understand how complicated it is', hardly an apology - Amazon and others seem to cope with it every day. Anyway, at least you got a reply and a refund. I would love a simple reply to my emails saying, 'Sorry'. If there's been an issue own up to it, these things do happen and I'm sure we're all rational enough to understand it.

:lol::lol::lol: yeah I guess so :p
    maybe now I`m not allowed to renew my membership? ;)
    still haven`t received anything, neither the cd and vinyl nor the refund...
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I'm not trying to defend 10c but it would seem they have been let down badly as well. Let down by the manufacturer of the record who has delivered a late and faulty product, let down by the label who I presume are in charge of getting the record manufactured. Let down by the shipping company who have done a shocking job of delivering this efficiently. 10c are simply the point of purchase and were surely promised that they would have these a lot sooner than they actually did. I can forgive all these factors however 10 club's failing has been their lack of proper communication to us - the customer.
    Still waiting here.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    TheRobbo wrote:

I've had that "noted your displeasure" line in a reply before, when I complained about them overvaluing something and I got charged import tax. Its just what they say. I doubt if there is some black mark against your name.
  • Options
    FR181798 wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    TheRobbo wrote:

I've had that "noted your displeasure" line in a reply before, when I complained about them overvaluing something and I got charged import tax. Its just what they say. I doubt if there is some black mark against your name.
    No probably not. They just put in my account with my order that "the order has been returned". I guess that has something to do with being able to issue a refund.