Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    This whole delay in the shipping is a joke...the Ten Club is a joke. They could fuck up a wet dream I swear. I can't recall the last time they have done something right w/out any hassles or problems upon a transaction I have had w/ them from ticketing system to Wrigley Field merch tables to this...what a joke. You would think that for a band that hasn't put out anything good in 20 years, hanging on to their fans would be a priority. Glad I only stay in this to resale the stuff to all the suckers out there including my fan club tickets.
    JD
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    jdickey82 wrote:
    This whole delay in the shipping is a joke...the Ten Club is a joke. They could fuck up a wet dream I swear. I can't recall the last time they have done something right w/out any hassles or problems upon a transaction I have had w/ them from ticketing system to Wrigley Field merch tables to this...what a joke. You would think that for a band that hasn't put out anything good in 20 years, hanging on to their fans would be a priority. Glad I only stay in this to resale the stuff to all the suckers out there including my fan club tickets.
    Maybe a post in the "Let Your Voice Be Heard" thread might find someone who cares...
    :nono:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    jdickey82 wrote:
    Maybe a post in the "Let Your Voice Be Heard" thread might find someone who cares...

Actually I think if you read through this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=221697 you'll find a lot of people with similar feelings right now.

I have yet to be able to write anything substantial in this thread because haven't heard the darned thing yet. I have not yet received my pre-ordered, prepaid copy of LB, a record I can now buy at any time in several record stores. This is a shameful situation and it is not doing the reception for LB any good.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Well my projected delivery date was October 21st so I guess that isn't happening. But on another note, my tracking info shows that my pre-ordered vinyl went from Auburn, WA to Urbancrest, OH (closer) to WARRENDALE, PA (further)...I live in Indianapolis.

I could have bought this vinyl at my local record store and gotten another stamp on my customer card towards getting discounts and free vinyls...but no, I decided to be a true tenclub member and pearl jam fan and pre-order mine. What did I get for it? A digital download and a frustrating wait. Oh and apparently a digital version of a music video that everyone can watch for free online...which by the way, I'm 31 and couldn't care less about music videos...seriously does anyone even watch those anymore? Really it was just a video of them playing the song on the stage so it wasn't even like it was some cinematic video like Jeremy or Do The Evolution. I own every DVD of live performances they have put out and have seen them live 10+ times so watching them on some weird stage with an occasional close up of Ed's mouth saying "mind your manners" isn't really that appealing to me. If you are going to add a tenclub bonus to make it worth it for me to pre-order the vinyl from the tenclub at least make it something awesome that nobody outside the tenclub can get. Like a bonus track or something.

Anyways, I'll continue to go home and check my porch each evening for my vinyl because there doesn't seem to be much else I can do. I'm not going to buy it again because I have already heard it from my digital download and I don't want to end up with 2 copies of the vinyl.
  • Options
    RomarioRomario Posts: 19
    Still nothing here, damm !!
  • Options
    MKTMKT Posts: 1
    I also had an estimated receive date of Oct 21. The tracking info for me stated it came to Buffalo (where I live) on the 18th, then went to Warrendale, PA (where I don't live) in the 19th. Truly is unfortunate, however I will still wait. Good thing my buddy bought it day 1 and I was able to borrow it for a while to get the whole new album experience.
  • Options
    Ok as of today my pre-ordered vinyl has gone from Auburn WA, to Urbancrest, OH to Warrendale, PA and now to CINCINNATI, OH all in route to me in Indianapolis, IN...

I'm not sure what Mail Innovations thinks "innovation" means but I'm pretty sure this doesn't line up with the standard definition for shipping and logistics company.

Don't know when it will show up but this is starting to just be entertaining... :corn:
  • Options
    "Everybody's thinking that they'll all be delivered
    Sitting in a box like lost and found"

Mine appears to be lost ...
    2006 Antwerp Belgium
    2007 Werchter Belgium
    2010 Nijmegen Netherlands,
    2010 Werchter Belgium
    2012 Werchter Belgium
    2014 Amsterdam 1 Netherlands
    2014 Werchter Belgium
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    petrimp wrote:
    petrimp wrote:
    Just received email:
    "Your Ten Club LLC order is on its way!" :o

So stoked, can't wait :thumbup:

I still haven't received my CD :? Well, tomorrow. Perhaps.
    ... or tomorrow? :eh:

Still no CD here in Finland. At least not for me. Anyone else in Finland got theirs yet or is it just me?
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    bazzer wrote:
    My 10C copy arrived in New Zealand today!
    Sweet. Lucky you. I'm figuring eta next week judging on how long my vault3 took to get to me. :cry:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    So is the Ten Club version of the CD any different to the store bought version?? It better be!

What is the point ordering through 10 club if it's the same as the store bought version and I get it weeks later??

:?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    E.K wrote:
    So is the Ten Club version of the CD any different to the store bought version?? It better be!

What is the point ordering through 10 club if it's the same as the store bought version and I get it weeks later??

No, it's exactly the same... you just got a download of another MYM video that is like the Sirens video. The download is in your order history.... and now online for everyone to watch. So in other words, there was no point in orderinga CD from 10c (unless there are some random special copies out there?? A few people received red vinyl as a surprise, but I haven't seen anything about random surprises with the CD).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    E.K wrote:

No, it's exactly the same... you just got a download of another MYM video that is like the Sirens video. The download is in your order history.... and now online for everyone to watch. So in other words, there was no point in orderinga CD from 10c (unless there are some random special copies out there?? A few people received red vinyl as a surprise, but I haven't seen anything about random surprises with the CD).

I was assuming it would be like my 10 club edition Avocado CD. Nicer packaging than the store bought version with a bonus CD thrown in. And I'm in Australia so who knows when it will arrive. And I don't have any downloads of videos in my Order History. I guess that is just for Analog members. Not happy 10 Club!!

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    E.K wrote:
    I was assuming it would be like my 10 club edition Avocado CD. Nicer packaging than the store bought version with a bonus CD thrown in. And I'm in Australia so who knows when it will arrive. And I don't have any downloads of videos in my Order History. I guess that is just for Analog members. Not happy 10 Club!!
    You know what they say about assumptions...
    For me, I ordered because the price was the same or cheaper, I knew it would come late but it came with a download so didn't really matter, plus it had a "bonus".

FYI, the video is in the digital download package. If you ordered the CD or the vinyl you should have a link for "Lightnight Bolt 10C" in a bunch of formats. In each of these is the video mentioned as well as the album tracks. Get happy.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    You know what they say about assumptions...
    For me, I ordered because the price was the same or cheaper, I knew it would come late but it came with a download so didn't really matter, plus it had a "bonus".

FYI, the video is in the digital download package. If you ordered the CD or the vinyl you should have a link for "Lightnight Bolt 10C" in a bunch of formats. In each of these is the video mentioned as well as the album tracks. Get happy.

Ok so I checked my LB download folder and there is the MYM video. I just thought it would be nice if the packaging of the 10 club CD was different than the ones in the shops so I could feel special. Oh well.
  • Options
    Finally got mine on the 21st, nothing special or different. Just 6 days late from launch day.
    Jones Beach, NY 2001
    New Orleans, LA 2003
    Oakland, CA 2013
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Still waiting on my CD here in the UK. According to the 10C shipping confirmation email, the carrier is: Mail Innovations.
    Didn't know who that was until I googled... ("efficient and effeftive", my ass!)

Entered my tracking number, and got this: "Projected Delivery Date: No Date Available"
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:
    Still waiting on my CD here in the UK. According to the 10C shipping confirmation email, the carrier is: Mail Innovations.
    Didn't know who that was until I googled... ("efficient and effeftive", my ass!)

Entered my tracking number, and got this: "Projected Delivery Date: No Date Available"

This is the last time I am going to be sucked in by a 10 pre-sale of anything. Pffft.
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    groovyf wrote:

i am in Poland and still nothing here, either.
    every time 10c is throwing some cool contests for the US citizens only makes me wanna scream, but this pre-order shame is way beyond even that. very annoying. and sad.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    This (LP Version) is up for sale at Hot Topic.
    http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/ ... 101240.jsp

Yes, yes, I know there might be issues with this pressing, but for those still looking this is an option.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    meeerolmeeerol Posts: 19
    Gee we get ripped off here in Australia.
    Paid $22 for my copy.
    Here in Mexico we also paid $22 for a copy manufactured here, not even imported, that one costs over $27.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    groovyf wrote:

This is the last time I am going to be sucked in by a 10 pre-sale of anything. Pffft.

Same here - 10C club offers no excuses, the band doesn't mention it and no CD yet.

Really disgraceful way of treating the fans 10C! :nono:
  • Options
    Due to the fact that "Ligtning Bolt" has been announced as the NO.#1 album in America in its first week, The Beloved "Getaway" may be the most important song in America. The first track off of the new album has yet to be played live. Who will be the first city to be blessed with hearing/seeing "Getaway" live?
    Give me Pearl Jam or give me death!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I haven't been on here in ages but here's my opinion. I thought we were going to end up with a very ordinary album, as I didn't think the last one was that great but I just love this album.
  • Options
    Still nothing in the U.K. This is disgraceful 10c!!!
  • Options
    CeluhCeluh Posts: 3
    Pfff...
    Also in the Netherlands I'm already waiting for ages to receive LB on CD.
    Within a month I should renew my 10C membership, but I seriously doubt that that is going to happen :?

Luckily I've got the digital download, so at least I can listen day and night to another superb piece of music! :D
  • Options
    Finally got my vinyl last night! Haven't played it yet to see if I was one of the lucky ones to receive one of the damaged vinyls yet but I'm really hoping I'm not. It took long enough to get it the first time.
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    Has anybody from outside of the US gotten at least their CD?
    getting soooooo pissed off! :fp:
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    Just received my Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt CD, Japanese Style!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 13b95ff277
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    still no CD in Australia and it was released here in the shops on the 11th!!! Why bother saying they can promise delivery to match the release date if they can't - I checked prior to ordering to see if there was some comment about international orders perhaps being later etc., but there wasn't. If the record stores can get it to sell on the 11th I figured they could get it to the rest of us around then too. TWO weeks later - still no CD. It could have been sent by general postal service and it would have gotten here by now.