Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    TheRobboTheRobbo Northumberland, UK Posts: 20
    Still waiting for my CD copy via 10C. Had an email confirming dispatch on the 4th, no sign of it. Contacted 10C on the 19th only to be told it wasn't dispatched until the 8th and would take 10-14 days. Replied asking why the order stated it would arrive on release date, and why their date was different to the email I received and haven't even had a response back. I rejoined the 10C after years away and am so disappointed with the service. Think it actually cost me twice as much as it would have buying it locally in the UK and I'm yet to even receive the CD. Receiving a downloadable version (incidentally on US release date not European) is no substitute, and I'm shocked that they feel this is adequate. Won't be ordering anything like this from 10C again, and seriously considering whether it's worth renewing my membership next year.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    edie wrote:
    still no CD in Australia and it was released here in the shops on the 11th!!! Why bother saying they can promise delivery to match the release date if they can't - I checked prior to ordering to see if there was some comment about international orders perhaps being later etc., but there wasn't. If the record stores can get it to sell on the 11th I figured they could get it to the rest of us around then too. TWO weeks later - still no CD. It could have been sent by general postal service and it would have gotten here by now.

Same here.

:roll:
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    edie wrote:
    still no CD in Australia and it was released here in the shops on the 11th!!! Why bother saying they can promise delivery to match the release date if they can't - I checked prior to ordering to see if there was some comment about international orders perhaps being later etc., but there wasn't. If the record stores can get it to sell on the 11th I figured they could get it to the rest of us around then too. TWO weeks later - still no CD. It could have been sent by general postal service and it would have gotten here by now.

Same here.

:roll:
    Me too!
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    TheRobbo wrote:
    Still waiting for my CD copy via 10C. Had an email confirming dispatch on the 4th, no sign of it. Contacted 10C on the 19th only to be told it wasn't dispatched until the 8th and would take 10-14 days. Replied asking why the order stated it would arrive on release date, and why their date was different to the email I received and haven't even had a response back. I rejoined the 10C after years away and am so disappointed with the service. Think it actually cost me twice as much as it would have buying it locally in the UK and I'm yet to even receive the CD. Receiving a downloadable version (incidentally on US release date not European) is no substitute, and I'm shocked that they feel this is adequate. Won't be ordering anything like this from 10C again, and seriously considering whether it's worth renewing my membership next year.

everything seems to be "adequate" in 10c eyes.

i sent them email asking where my stuff was and this is what i got back:

"INT CD presale orders shipped 10/8/13 when we received stock from the manufacturer.
    INT VINYL presale orders shipped 10/10/13 when we received stock from the manufacturer.
    Download links are in your order history. Click "VIEW" by order number and you'll find the links.
    Normal transit time is 10-14 business days."

not even we're sorry or kiss our asses. so sad.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    PJ0610PJ0610 Posts: 21
    whats special on the japan edition ?
    Marcel Frey
  • Options
    Got home from work today and there it was!

I hope other Europeans are as lucky today :)
    Antwerp 30.08.2006 - Paris 11.09.2006
    London 18.06.2007 - Nijmegen 28.06.2007 - Werchter 29.06.2007
    London 13.08.2010 - Rotterdam 18.08.2009
    London 25.05.2010 - Nijmegen 27.06.2010 - Werchter 04.07.2010
    Werchter 29.06.2012 - Berlin 05.07.2012 - Copenhagen 10.07.2012
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:

"INT CD presale orders shipped 10/8/13 when we received stock from the manufacturer.
    INT VINYL presale orders shipped 10/10/13 when we received stock from the manufacturer.
    Download links are in your order history. Click "VIEW" by order number and you'll find the links.

Exactly the same email mate, clearly a stock reply. I emailed in response to this and got nothing back. Funny thing is I got the email confirming it had been shipped on the 4th, not the 8th as they state. Anyway, still no sign - tomorrow is the expiration of their 14 days, next step is requesting a refund for failing to complete the order.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Good customer service would have been for 10c to apology for the delay and offer some download codes to use for a bootleg or something.
  • Options
    3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    Still waiting in the UK.

3 WEEKS! Absolutely shocking . A comic I ordered from america posted last last week, it turned up today. 7 Days, Im happy with that. nearly a month on the other hand is terrible.

I understand their hippy dippy bullshit carbon neutral way of doing things, but surely customer satisfaction is paramount?

Yes I know i have the downloadable version, but Ill bet there are people who only have access to the net at certain times so the physical copy is what they need.

A multi million pound company and band , we deserve better than this.
  • Options
    TheRobbo wrote:
    Bigda wrote:

Exactly the same email mate, clearly a stock reply. I emailed in response to this and got nothing back. Funny thing is I got the email confirming it had been shipped on the 4th, not the 8th as they state. Anyway, still no sign - tomorrow is the expiration of their 14 days, next step is requesting a refund for failing to complete the order.

my reply to them:
    "Dear Machine,

locate my CD and vinyl.

transmission ends.

m."

no answer yet.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    Regardless of their way of doing things, whether it be with the aim of being carbon neutral or not, their customer service has been appalling. I'm really surprised and disappointed by their 'couldn't give a shit' attitude. I ordered from here out of a sense of loyalty to the band and because the description of the goods clearly stated I would receive my copy on delivery date. Clearly the people running 10C don't share that loyalty to the band's fans. Today I've requested a refund since they have failed to complete my order. Maybe they'll actually bother to reply to this one. In the meantime I'll probably have to order via amazon or somewhere similar to actually get a physical copy of the album. Lesson learned unfortunately :nono:
  • Options
    3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    I get the impression that 10c is 2 people in a tiny office, doing stuff when it suits them.

I feel like sending some merch out (10 mins later) Im bored now I'll write a shitty recipe for deep magazine (10 mins later) Im bored now Ill send a bit more merch out.

Yes the diy aesthetic is admirable and "indie" but when your core audience is to put it bluntly fucking huge you need a far better service than the one currently being provided.

Have been in the club since 98 and this year I had to email them as to the whereabouts of the vinyl single. Bet you any money they forgot.

Ooh I do like a good rant.
  • Options
    Still waiting for my 10C Vinyl copy overhere in The Netherlands ... while the vinyl is already available at the recordstores!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
    2000: Rotterdam, 3/7/'00 (cancelled) | 2006: Arnhem, 29/8/'06 | 2007: Nijmegen, 28/6/'07 | 2009: Rotterdam, 13/8/'09 | 2010: Nijmegen, 27/6/'10 | 2012: Amsterdam, 27/6/'12 |

2012: EV - Amsterdam, 25/7/'12 | 2013: Brad - Zoetermeer, 14/2/'13
  • Options
    TheRobbo wrote:
    Bigda wrote:

If mine doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be requesting a refund also
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    Lightning Bolt vinyl pre order over @ Amazon.ca for Nov 11th?

http://www.amazon.ca/Lightning-Bolt-Vin ... =pearl+jam
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    LB has been my favorite PJ album since Binaural.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    boothman wrote:
    TheRobbo wrote:
    Bigda wrote:

If mine doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be requesting a refund also
    They have a 90 day clausal that if it hasn't arrived within 90 days - it is considered lost - and then they say you can either gamble on waiting another quarter of a year or get some store credit.

Really shameful - 10C what the hell are you doing? :evil:
    We are all waiting for our CD's and not one single word from you?

Way to piss off fans :(
  • Options
    Still nothing here in The Netherlands as well (cd and vinyl, pre-ordered both)
    It`s been 3 weeks since I received the shipping notice... I was in my local record shop yesterday and they had 2 or 3 copies (it`s a small shop) of the LB vinyl as well.
    I could`ve gone and bought it instore over 2 weeks ago but like everyone here I decided to buy it from 10c like a true fan. Great reward for doing so :nono: :fp:
    I`ll be mailing 10c in a minute, demanding a full refund. This is totally insane. Lesson learned the hard way...
  • Options
    RomarioRomario Posts: 19
    Same here, also the Netherlands. Hope it will be this week!!
  • Options
    nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 64
    I went to a cover band that Universal Music promted the show just to announce that here in Brazil it will be released on november 1st.

I wonder what kind of shit happened for us to get it late here! ¬¬

They haven't done a massive publicy here in Brazil, so almost no one knows about this. A lot of friends has come to the sotres on oct 15 untill now and no one has information to give to the costumers.
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA) - EV
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    I chased mine up and got the same automated response as everyone else - saying they got the cds on the 8th and international shipping takes 10-14 days as standard...by the time they emailed me, those 14 days had already passed (we're up to day 20 now) but they didn't make any reference to that. If that's standard then there was no chance of any int'l orders being delivered to coincide with the official release date. Why bother selling the idea? I suppose there's no point in explaining to them that getting a pre-ordered CD AFTER the release date is kind of missing the point!
  • Options
    received my cd in the post today, only 17 days late lol
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    well that's given me hope! fingers crossed mine'll get here this week so. I'm sure it's worth the wait :)
    received my cd in the post today, only 17 days late lol
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Got my 10 club CD today. I still think it would have been nice to receive something else with it or have it be different from the store bought ones like they did with Pearl Jam (Avocado) 10 club edition. Oh well.
  • Options
    still nothing in Poland yet.
    how does it look for you guys in the UK and the Netherlands?

sooooo pissed off!
    m.
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 144
    still nothing in scotland!
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    petrimp wrote:
    petrimp wrote:
    petrimp wrote:
    Just received email:
    "Your Ten Club LLC order is on its way!" :o

So stoked, can't wait :thumbup:

I still haven't received my CD :? Well, tomorrow. Perhaps.
    ... or tomorrow? :eh:

Still no CD here in Finland. At least not for me. Anyone else in Finland got theirs yet or is it just me?

Yay. It has arrived. Finally. Hooray.
    BXrIRx5IIAA6jas.jpg

I like the artwork and music a lot. On packaging I was kinda hoping for something extra compared to store version. Oh well...
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I love this album! I wasn't sure at first, but after hearing the songs live, I'm sold. Awesome shit!
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Finally arrived for me here in the UK too...
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    Arrived this morning lesson learned never again 10c!!!