Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    This a post for any collector nerds. My 10c vinyl arrived in the UK last week, as there had been so many issues with the first pressing I ordered one here in the UK as well as i was hoping it might be a different pressing. The sleeve looks almost identical except the spine is slightly narrower, card is also different stock and color marginally different, it has a different catalogue no. and different licensing details on the back. I presume the vinyl may have different numbers but as my US pressing was fine I might just have to keep this one sealed. My feeling is that it was manufactured at the same place but I thought some might find it interesting that it is possibly a different pressing.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    edited November 2013
    The record shop my boyfriend works in now has LB on vinyl & I still don't have my, possibly faulty, copy from 10c. What a fucking joke. :evil:
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    No vinyl in The Netherlands so far… :cry:
    Rotterdam (NL) - Jul 03, 2000 (cancelled) - Irvine (US) - Jun 02, 2003 / San Diego (US) - Jun 05, 2003 / Arnhem (NL) - Aug 29, 2006 / Antwerp (BE)- Aug 30, 2006 / Paris (FR)- Sep 11, 2006 / Pistoia (IT) - Sep 20, 2006 / London (UK) - Jun 18, 2007 / Nijmegen (NL) - Jun 28, 2007 / Rotterdam (NL) - Aug 13, 2009 / Berlin (DE)- Aug 15, 2009 - June 22, 2010 / Dublin (IR) - July 4, 2010 / Rock Werchter (BE)
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Should I be worried that mine says still in warehouse despite pre-ordering the 10C version of the CD?
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    garbs wrote:
    Should I be worried that mine says still in warehouse despite pre-ordering the 10C version of the CD?

Well nevermind. I checked my PO Box last night (only check once a week because I usually get parcels sent to my work now that I don't live almost next door to that Post Office) and there was an item awaiting collection card in there. Since it was 1am Sunday morning when I checked it obviously I'll have to wait till Monday after work to collect my CD. It's still weird that my order shows order in warehouse though. Maybe a glitch in the system?
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    morello wrote:
    The record shop my boyfriend works in now has LB on vinyl & I still don't have my, possibly faulty, copy from 10c. What a fucking joke. :evil:
    Where does he work and are their LBs OK?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Part-time at Southbound & I don't know about the record's condition. I've wondered that too but they're sealed of course.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    morello wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Part-time at Southbound & I don't know about the record's condition. I've wondered that too but they're sealed of course.
    If they've got a few, they might want to open one at least, and see what it's like. No point selling duds.

I see from their website, they got theirs from EU. Is it a different pressing?
  • Options
    steven1385steven1385 Toronto Posts: 8
    Im in Toronto still no vinyl will never pre order from 10 c again thats for sure no point.
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    morello wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    Part-time at Southbound & I don't know about the records' conditions. I've wondered that too but they're sealed of course.
    If they've got a few, they might want to open one at least, and see what it's like. No point selling duds.

I don't know. Haven't asked them specifics. I'm sure they'll handle it how they see best.
    <hr>
  • Options
    Today is 1 calendar month from the official Australian release date of 11/10/2013 and I'm still here without the product advertised as being shipped to arrive for release day.

I call shennanigans, everybody go home and grab your brooms.
    Terrible bonus digital content for fan club members? That's a paddlin'
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    bazzer wrote:

Mine is a EU release, and the matrix number is exactly the same (B0018983-01-A ⓤ FOR THE LEAGUE OF CRAFTY FULMINOLOGISTS/B0018983-01-B ⓤ SURF IS WHERE YOU FIND IT - GERRY LOPEZ) but they added another stamp (http://www.gzvinyl.com 3749369-A/http://www.gzvinyl.com 3749369-B). So, I think those are the same plates as the US ones, but the plant is different (from the Czech Republic).
  • Options
    I got my PJ Halloween shirt on saturday, that was shipped a few days after the vinyl LB was shipped. Still no sign of that...
  • Options
    PodaPoda Posts: 21
    Still waiting for vinyl in Italy
    "I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good"
    (Eddie Vedder)
    Visit Wishlist - An Unofficial Pearl Jam Podcast
    http://bastulli.wordpress.com
  • Options
    gk269gk269 Posts: 6
    Vinyl finally arrived in Galway yesterday. Packaging is fine but sound quality is terrible. About to email for replacement.
  • Options
    gk269 wrote:
    Vinyl finally arrived in Galway yesterday. Packaging is fine but sound quality is terrible. About to email for replacement.

Same with mine :(
  • Options
    galwaydave wrote:
    gk269 wrote:

so what exactly is wrong about it?mine hasn`t arrived yet, but that way I know what to look out for...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    galwaydave wrote:
    gk269 wrote:

so what exactly is wrong about it?mine hasn`t arrived yet, but that way I know what to look out for...
    What's wrong with it as far as I can tell is that the Three Stooges did the pressing while drunk and then packaged them while eating fistfuls of potato chips and occasionally throwing the LPs around like Frisbees. The records don't work. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    gk269 wrote:
    But hey, at least you live in Galway. Beats any stupid record.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    gk269 wrote:
    But hey, at least you live in Galway. Beats any stupid record.

Haha very true...I think it's time Pearl Jam played Ballybrit Racecourse :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    What's wrong with it as far as I can tell is that the Three Stooges did the pressing while drunk and then packaged them while eating fistfuls of potato chips and occasionally throwing the LPs around like Frisbees. The records don't work. :P
    a serious would be appreciated... :fp:
    they don`t work in general? or is the sound awefull of the complete record? or "only" for some songs? and if the latter,what songs are we talking about?
  • Options
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    they don`t work in general? or is the sound awefull of the complete record? or "only" for some songs? and if the latter,what songs are we talking about?
    That was as serious an answer as I could muster. :lol:;)
    The problems are all similar but also completely random. All different songs, various levels of horribleness, from background noise to static to occasional pops or skips to huge skips and pops throughout. Many have hand prints and finger prints and smudges all over them, some actually have chunks of glue on them, some have labels applied over the grooves. Some sound super quiet. But I would guess from all of the comments on the boards that a good 95% of the records are fucked up in some way or another.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol::lol: ok then ;)
    The problems are all similar but also completely random. All different songs, various levels of horribleness, from background noise to static to occasional pops or skips to huge skips and pops throughout. Many have hand prints and finger prints and smudges all over them, some actually have chunks of glue on them, some have labels applied over the grooves. Some sound super quiet. But I would guess from all of the comments on the boards that a good 95% of the records are fucked up in some way or another.
    damn that`s not good.Might as well get it in my local record store anyway, even if I might ending up with 2 copies (if that ever happens, don`t doubt that the 10C version won`t be deliverd...)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,818
    Vinyl has has been pushed back to December 3rd. http://www.amazon.ca/Lightning-Bolt-Vin ... =pearl+jam
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Did anyone end up with a red copy that didnt buy from 10c, Volcom popup store, or eBay? I'm talking local record store, hot topic, amazon, goHastings, ect.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Count me among the 5% who got a really nice copy...nothing to complain about....sounds great through an Ortofon 2M Bronze.
  • Options
    SA46893 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    Count me among the 5% who got a really nice copy...nothing to complain about....sounds great through an Ortofon 2M Bronze.
    Congrats! :P
    (and I love the Ortofon. Mine's 2M Red :) )
  • Options
    So does anyone in The Netherlands received their vinyl already? still nothing :roll: :corn:
  • Options
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    So does anyone in The Netherlands received their vinyl already? still nothing :roll: :corn:

Nothin yet.
    2007 Nijmegen 2010 Nijmegen 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II
  • Options
    "NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” NOT YET RECEIVED NOVEMBER 20th" :cry: :evil:
    <hr>