metsfan wrote:
    shit this punk ass diva takes the cake for being a fraud

i'm suprised he's not a fan of the Canadians

canadiEns.

narrow it down a bit. :P
    board spell check said i was rite so there

:mrgreen:

clearly you didnt use it for the above sentence. :P

and was this spellcheck(whatever that is :roll: ) specific to NHL teams??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002

whatever :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    metsfan wrote:

whatever :roll:

hey dont be hating and rolling your eyes at me cause you cant spell. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    get 'em cate
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the fiance likes wheel of fortune which means i have to watch it once in a while.

the other night pat sajack was interviewing the contestants. he gets to this one guy who is from indiana. they talk about his family and job for a minute. then pat goes "and it says here you are a cowboys fan?" dude goes "that's right pat." pat then goes..."being from indiana, how does that happen?" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

apparently pat sajack's not a fraud :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Soooo, what was the dudes answer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Soooo, what was the dudes answer

the usual....been a fan since he was a kid...gets a lot of flack from his friends. yada yada yada
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    at work we have an electronic signature program for borrowers that come with a few password questions. i have to obtain their passwords during the application. first password just asks them for a keyword. guy i'm talking to lives in arizona. here is a portion of that conversation:

jeagler- okay what would you like me to put down for your key word?
    guy- ummm, let's go with steelers!
    jeagler- alright. steelers...big win last night.
    guy- yeah that was huge for us.
    jeagler- soooo, are you from pittsburgh or something?
    guy- no--born and raised out here. i've just always loved the steelers.
    ...awkward silence for a about 5 seconds while i contemplate whether or not to call this man out for his fraudulence...

jeagler- the next question will ask for your favorite color. what do you want to put down for that?

i let it go... :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    so i was looking at something on facebook, and two profiles away i find one that lists favorite teams...

First listing is Boston Celtics, second is LA Lakers. Doesn't get much more fraudulent than that

well maybe it does.

some other teams listed

Vikings and Packers
    Patriots and Giants
    Flyers and Bruins AND Blackhawks AND PENGUINS., not to mention the rangers
    San Fran Giants and Phillies
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,192
    81 wrote:
    so i was looking at something on facebook, and two profiles away i find one that lists favorite teams...

First listing is Boston Celtics, second is LA Lakers. Doesn't get much more fraudulent than that

well maybe it does.

some other teams listed

Vikings and Packers
    Patriots and Giants

I think I got that beat.

This one guy I went to high school with , is probably the biggest fraud I know. Always bad mouthing philly teams on facebook. Now he grew up around me (near philly). Hates The Eagles! Doesn't care for the Phillies or Sixers also.

Guess who is fav NFL team? You guessed it, Dallas! Then there's his fav NBA team, The Lakers. I asked him if he liked the Yankees he surprisingly said no (unless they play the Phills). Almost called him out on it but decided just to let it go.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    81 wrote:

well maybe it does.

some other teams listed

Vikings and Packers
    Patriots and Giants

I think I got that beat.

This one guy I went to high school with , is probably the biggest fraud I know. Always bad mouthing philly teams on facebook. Now he grew up around me (near philly). Hates The Eagles! Doesn't care for the Phillies or Sixers also.

Guess who is fav NFL team? You guessed it, Dallas! Then there's his fav NBA team, The Lakers. I asked him if he liked the Yankees he surprisingly said no (unless they play the Phills). Almost called him out on it but decided just to let it go.

i sense some fraudulence brewing this morning....

erie: you have to call people out on that. :lol: ....i love asking lakers or cowboys fans around here "oh nice. what part of los angleles or dallas are you from?"
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    I hate to say this after living in Brooklyn, NY for a time in my youth....I probably would have been all NYC and their abnoxiousness fanhood of ALL of their teams had I moved their BEFORE growing up in Boston. It was THAT close. :)

OH THE HORROR! :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    was at wawa yesterday. the guy in front of me in line had a big stupid cowboy star tattoo on his calf....saw him hop into a pickup truck that, typically, had a yankees bumper sticker on it. :x

you, sir, are a fraud.

carry on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    shopping in wawa makes you a fraud...wawa... bogus 7-11
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

7-11 is absolute garbage dude. :sick: we have both down here. i know wawa's are not in nyc. so we have a choice. and everyone i know opts for wawa.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

7-11 is absolute garbage dude. :sick: we have both down here. i know wawa's are not in nyc. so we have a choice. and everyone i know opts for wawa.

nah i know wawa from jersey..its all good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

nah i know wawa from jersey..its all good

right. but we have 7-11's all around us like we do wawa's. so we have a choice every day and it's not even a competition. wawa's in addition to being much cleaner, has a much wider selection and better quality food. i don't think 7-11's have deli's, do they? wawa does. plus the gas stations are always a plus.

and above all else, i much prefer the people who run wawa's than to those who run 7-11's. nothing against certain people, but i feel more comfortable buying from someone who can speak my language. ;)

i'd rate sheetz above 7-11 actually.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    posting about 7-11 in a sports thread is both fraudulent and off topic.

please self report
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

please self report

perhaps a convenience store battle thread is in order.

what do you have in chi-town, other than 7-11's which are fucking everywhere?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

please self report

7-11 and a few no name random places, and because of the liqour laws, a few small stores that specialize in beer and booze.

we used to have white hen, but i think 7-11 bought them out. :?:

and gas stations.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

please self report

7-11 and a few no name random places, and because of the liqour laws, a few small stores that specialize in beer and booze.

we used to have white hen, but i think 7-11 bought them out. :?:

and gas stations.

that is too bad.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i think it's been discussed in here before but what's appropriate for college loyalties?

there's someone on this forum who is under the assumption that you must root for the school you went to and that is it. no questions ask. i believe he's okay with rooting for the school your parents went to as well.

i find this ridiculous as it eliminates almost half of the country from having a college sports rooting interest as half the country did not attend college...and that's just not good for business :mrgreen:

and what of the folks who went to smaller, non division 1 schools? the minor leagues of college sports? are they only required to have an interest in division 2 schools for the rest of their lives?

here's my story in a nutshell: i'm born in raised in radnor township where villanova university resides. both parents are from the exact same area. i grew up in the same house my dad was raised. neither of them went to college but rooted for nova since nova was their hometown school. i inherited this from them. i also have a few relatives who went there. had an uncle who used to bring me to games at the dupont as a kid. also used to sneak into the dupont to shoot hoops after school as our high school was just a few blocks away. i was also friends with a kid whose dad was the AD at nova in the 90's. so just about everyone i knew growing up was a big nova fan despite the team grossly underachieving for much of that era (talking about the basketball team).

am i supposed to have all of this data eliminated from my brain once i graduated high school and attended a different college? :lol::lol: i went to a small public university in the middle of pennsylvania. division 2 sports in everything. nobody really cared much about the teams there unless they were on the teams or were friends with someone on the teams (my senior year our football team played in the championship game. we all got loaded for it as it was on espn2--but it was more or less a joke because nobody really paid attention to them unless it was homecoming and our parents wanted to go to the game :lol: ). so we all rooted for the teams we grew up rooting for. it's not like nova was ever gonna play bloomsburg in anything other than an exhibition.

so i find this acceptable since it's my hometown team, i had a built in loyalty from my parents, and i did not attend a different d1 school. even if i did i can see some gray areas there though. college rooting interests is just different than pro sports.

what say you? am i fraud? how did you end up rooting for your college team? are YOU a fraud? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i root for ND cause i'm irish and no matter where i went on saturdays ND football (holtz era)was on. both sides of my family is irish and most family friends are also irish. it was the one college i always to attend but sadly i never had the grades or money. someday i'd love to attend ND for a year or 2 before i die. i'll watch any sport ND related. also pretty much no one cares bout college sports in the metro area unless st. johns basketball is doing good.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    i root for ND cause i'm irish and no matter where i went on saturdays ND football (holtz era)was on. both sides of my family is irish and most family friends are also irish. it was the one college i always to attend but sadly i never had the grades or money. someday i'd love to attend ND for a year or 2 before i die. i'll watch any sport ND related. also pretty much no one cares bout college sports in the metro area unless st. johns basketball is doing good.

i don't have a problem with this. i know a lot of irish people who do the same.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I go to Fairfield University, but I root for UConn. Grew up watching their games and there's a certain state pride involved. I root for Fairfield as well, but the MAAC is no Big East.
  • Options
    tcaporale wrote:
    I go to Fairfield University, but I root for UConn. Grew up watching their games and there's a certain state pride involved. I root for Fairfield as well, but the MAAC is no Big East.

firm, but fair.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    7. Be very careful when using the word "We" with your favorite team. Use it judiciously. Just remember, you don't wear a uniform, you don't play any minutes, and you're not on the team. And yes, this was an extremely tough line for me to straddle during the Patriots' Super Bowl run.

i'm guilty for this. i say "we" all the time.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277
    i think it's been discussed in here before but what's appropriate for college loyalties?

there's someone on this forum who is under the assumption that you must root for the school you went to and that is it. no questions ask. i believe he's okay with rooting for the school your parents went to as well.

i find this ridiculous as it eliminates almost half of the country from having a college sports rooting interest as half the country did not attend college...and that's just not good for business :mrgreen:

and what of the folks who went to smaller, non division 1 schools? the minor leagues of college sports? are they only required to have an interest in division 2 schools for the rest of their lives?

here's my story in a nutshell: i'm born in raised in radnor township where villanova university resides. both parents are from the exact same area. i grew up in the same house my dad was raised. neither of them went to college but rooted for nova since nova was their hometown school. i inherited this from them. i also have a few relatives who went there. had an uncle who used to bring me to games at the dupont as a kid. also used to sneak into the dupont to shoot hoops after school as our high school was just a few blocks away. i was also friends with a kid whose dad was the AD at nova in the 90's. so just about everyone i knew growing up was a big nova fan despite the team grossly underachieving for much of that era (talking about the basketball team).

am i supposed to have all of this data eliminated from my brain once i graduated high school and attended a different college? :lol::lol: i went to a small public university in the middle of pennsylvania. division 2 sports in everything. nobody really cared much about the teams there unless they were on the teams or were friends with someone on the teams (my senior year our football team played in the championship game. we all got loaded for it as it was on espn2--but it was more or less a joke because nobody really paid attention to them unless it was homecoming and our parents wanted to go to the game :lol: ). so we all rooted for the teams we grew up rooting for. it's not like nova was ever gonna play bloomsburg in anything other than an exhibition.

so i find this acceptable since it's my hometown team, i had a built in loyalty from my parents, and i did not attend a different d1 school. even if i did i can see some gray areas there though. college rooting interests is just different than pro sports.

what say you? am i fraud? how did you end up rooting for your college team? are YOU a fraud? :lol:

well being a Nova fan doesn't make you a fraud it makes you uhh something much worse :lol::lol::lol:

but seriously Jaegs i don't get that certain someone's argument at all. i mean a lot of people grow up with certain teams even if you don't go to a school. college sports pretty much demands being a fan of someone outside of where you went to school when you consider there are only about 100 major colleges to cheer for. does that mean only alumni from those 100 schools can be college sports fans? that's absurd. my only take on the fraud essence is if you are adult and change your allegiance on a college team then you are a fraud. if all of a sudden you are a Duke fan or something then you are a fraud. start when you are younger and stay with your teams. cheering for the current hot commodity that you didn't cheer for before makes you a fraud.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

well being a Nova fan doesn't make you a fraud it makes you uhh something much worse :lol::lol::lol:

but seriously Jaegs i don't get that certain someone's argument at all. i mean a lot of people grow up with certain teams even if you don't go to a school. college sports pretty much demands being a fan of someone outside of where you went to school when you consider there are only about 100 major colleges to cheer for. does that mean only alumni from those 100 schools can be college sports fans? that's absurd. my only take on the fraud essence is if you are adult and change your allegiance on a college team then you are a fraud. if all of a sudden you are a Duke fan or something then you are a fraud. start when you are younger and stay with your teams. cheering for the current hot commodity that you didn't cheer for before makes you a fraud.

i think if i were a drexel fan or something he wouldn't give a shit. :think: :lol:

also agree with not changing teams....however i do think it's fraudulent for someone to become a duke (or any other popular winning team) fan at a young age with no affiliation and no home town-ness involved too.

but there are a lot more gray areas to college sports.
    chinese-happy.jpg