Options

So......I have this problem...

LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Well, it all started a few months ago. This little old lady comes to my door and greets me with a big smile. Now when I say old, I mean 80 plus (no offence to our 80 plus members) and she starts asking me about my life. It finally gets the better of me and I ask her who she is and she passes me The Watchtower book.

Now I think, 'Aaah crap!' I mean I was raised by two atheists, I'm probably the most unreligious person in Adelaide. :lol: but I have the problem of this woman being old and really lovely so I don't want to be rude. Stupid move I know, I take the book and say goodbye.

Now a month later she comes back with another one, I don't have the time to chat so I take the book and say goodbye, politely explaining I have to go (another dumb move) :roll:
She comes round again and I think myself, I have to explain my stance on religion so I politely tell her, look I'm not religious, never will be and i will never go to church. She kindly excepts this and hands me the book anyway and says goodbye.

Well, she comes around today doesn't she? Now I had no time to explain, chat or anything. So I lied and told her that I was on the phone. She slides the book under door. :fp:
HELP ME! :lol: how do I politely tell her to LEAVE ME ALONE!! Anyone else had this happen? I mean I hand it to them, it was shear genius on their part to send out the oldest, sweetest lady they have at that church. :lol::lol:

( just so we are clear, I don't want a religious debate, I have no judgement about anyone's religion. I feel everyone is free to believe whatever they wish.)
“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
Adelaide 2003
Adelaide 2006 night 1
Adelaide 2006 night 2
Adelaide 2009
Melbourne 2009
Christchurch NZ 2009
Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    PLEASE SWEETIE...I HAVE NO INTEREST...SO PLEASE STOP COMING BY
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. :( I have to grow a pair and tell her straight out don't I?
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Loulou wrote:
    Yeah, I know. :( I have to grow a pair and tell her straight out don't I?

i would say so...otherwise she will keep coming

u can also say i have a friend who is interested and send her to someones home :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My husband is Muslim, and he always tries to 'counter-convert' whoever shows up :lol: (he is also a college teacher and loves to talk so he'll talk to anyone about anything pretty much). Usually people don't come back because he's good at arguing. Maybe you could try this approach.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Next time she comes around start blasting Do the Evolution on your radio....then she'll get the message... 8-)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,803
    Slap a 'lord, please protect me from thy followers' sign on your door, and when she comes knocking you can say, "look. The praying doesn't work."
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,094
    next time she shows up yell back into the house, "Honey, she's back, bring me the goats blood!!!"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Invite her in to take a bath with you..

I have used this tactic on Jehovah's witnesses..

They will either take the bath or quit coming around... either way, you will smile.. :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I love these suggestions but don't think I'm ballsy enough for the bath one or the goats blood. :lol::lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Next time she comes around start blasting Do the Evolution on your radio....then she'll get the message... 8-)
    :lol::lol: she may want to save me even more!! :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Loulou wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    :lol::lol: she may want to save me even more!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    lets see, watchtower is Jehovahs Witness, right? Ask her where you can send the Xmas card and present.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    answer the door bottom-less next time..

Top-less is a shocker, but bottom-less is a deal breaker..

She will never come back, just on principal..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Are tasers legal to own in Australia?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I made a similar mistake with 2 mormon missionaries once while I was in college and living at home. They were attractive young women and nice so I listened to what htey had to say. On their second visit they asked if they could come in and chat for a little bit..I didn't want to be rude so I said sure...Once they got inside the house they immediately fell on their knees..I got excited for a bit :lol: , but they said they wanted to pray and asked me to join them. At this point I regretted letting them in.. :fp: They kept insisting that I say the prayer and I kept saying no, so they eventually did. Then they started singing a crazy song about John Smith, who founded the church. My mom came home while they were singing and started laughing at my dumb ass. After that, I just stopped answering the door and they stopped showing up.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Are tasers legal to own in Australia?
    probably not.. the sawed all that shit in half..

Who's laughing now australia!?! :lol::lol:

Oh wait, I thought this was a Kenny Olav thread.. sorry.. ;)
  • Options
    Get a recording of The Simpsons Mr Burns saying "release the hounds" and play it full blast when she comes round again.

• Options
    Tell her you are "in" to old chicks.. then, ask what her sign is..
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: you guys are crazy!
    I have the funniest image in my head now of zapping her when she comes around next time. I probably laugh my arse off when she comes next time. :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    You say she's around 80 or so? I guess you could sneak up behind her and scare the shit out of her and hope she croaks and then dismember and bury the body in your back yard. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Tell her you are "in" to old chicks.. then, ask what her sign is..
    :fp: ewwwwwwwww!! :lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    You say she's around 80 or so? I guess you could sneak up behind her and scare the shit out of her and hope she croaks and then dismember and bury the body in your back yard. Problem solved.
    Well I DO live in the murder capital of the world........ ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    she gives you watchtower

you give her hustler
  • Options
    ask her if she'd like to come in for a bowl of "dirty frank stew"

• Options
    norm wrote:
    she gives you watchtower

you give her hustler
    Hey that's not actually a bad idea! Well maybe not hustler but I could give her one the 10C newsletters and tell her, I read yours if you read mine. ;) I could convert her!!! :lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Loulou wrote:
    norm wrote:
    she gives you watchtower

you give her hustler
    Hey that's not actually a bad idea! Well maybe not hustler but I could give her one the 10C newsletters and tell her, I read yours if you read mine. ;) I could convert her!!! :lol::lol:

yeah but if you convert her she'll never leave :fp: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Better yet, have your hubby open the door bottom-less!!

She will certainly be overcome by fear of largeness and drop dead on the spot.. :D

(call him over to the computer.. now)
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    norm wrote:
    she gives you watchtower

you give her hustler

:lol: I guess so but could you blame her?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This has gone off on a funny tangent, but if you're serious in your initial post...

Sounds like she's been nice (and seemingly sincere) to you throughout this...maybe you could do the same with her?

Just be honest and forthright.

Those who shouldn't take offense to that, won't.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

and relentless with the F5 button stuff if it ever returned. :lol: