2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I tend to agree with conerns about a weekday stadium show in seattle... but with no USA shows in a while, especially in the western half of the USA, and maybe only a handfull this year, they know enough people will put in for both shows that they can sell out the entire field and a ton of the lower reserved with just 10c entries... and maybe they were able to negotiate for a large % of 10c seats?
  • 7 shows 8/8 and 8/10 Seattle. Boston and Chicago. Forget where the other one is.  Us and Canada Tour in 2019 also. Not sure about anywhere else
    7 shows, 3 cities and you "forgot" about the 4th city?  That seems far fetched......no?
  • derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    I'm fine with whatever happens at Safeco Field in Seattle...
    I'll be there for the whole week no matter which nights Pearl Jam play!!
    There's so much to do and see in the city & surrounding area,
    one week is barely long enough for me.
    AND besides that,
    anytime I can fly to one city and get 2 shows...
    I'm a happy camper!!
    I would love to here what things there are to do in Seattle. It has never been on my radar as cities to see besides to see Pearl Jam play there of course. I am also disappointed in the Wednesday rumoured date. The 10th weekend is one of the two weekends I have off in August and it would have fit perfectly for me if they played it. Just a rumour right now and hoping that it changes. 

I'd spend a day hanging out in the city center...
    Pioneer Square, Belltown, Pike Place Market, SODO, Capital Hill etc...
    SOOO many great bars, restaurants & shops to visit!!
    I'd also be checking out what's on the agenda at the other music venues in town,
    to see who's playing at The Showbox, The Crocodile, Tractor Tavern or many of the other clubs in the evenings.
    Next...I'd head over to Woodinville Wine Country & spend a day visiting all the wineries,  
    and end that day with dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Seattle area, The Herbfarm.
    Then I'd take a little roadtrip down to Mount Rainier.
    It's an INCREDIBLE drive and if you're this close,
    it's a MUST SEE in my book!
    I would also have to make a stop in Tacoma to visit the Museum of Glass,
    a trip to Seattle isn't complete without seeing Dale Chihuly's work up close.
    On the day between shows...
    you would find me in West Seattle.
    Easy Street Records and a walk along Alki would be GREAT on a nice August day!!
    If I still had time left...
    I'd take another road trip out to the Olympic Peninsula,
    and spend an evening (or two) in one of the cabins at Kalaloch Lodge overlooking the Pacific.

Thanks, that's an awesome list of things to do and you just planned my next trip.
  • All this talk about tours... imagine if both Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam released new albums this year and did a joint Fall tour.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!
    I would love to here what things there are to do in Seattle. It has never been on my radar as cities to see besides to see Pearl Jam play there of course. I am also disappointed in the Wednesday rumoured date. The 10th weekend is one of the two weekends I have off in August and it would have fit perfectly for me if they played it. Just a rumour right now and hoping that it changes. 

I'd also be checking out what's on the agenda at the other music venues in town,
    to see who's playing at The Showbox, The Crocodile, Tractor Tavern or many of the other clubs in the evenings.
    Next...I'd head over to Woodinville Wine Country & spend a day visiting all the wineries,  
    and end that day with dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Seattle area, The Herbfarm.
    and spend an evening (or two) in one of the cabins at Kalaloch Lodge overlooking the Pacific.

You just made me so fucking homesick ☹️
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

You just made me so fucking homesick ☹️
    I lived in Seattle from 94 to 2000 and miss it EVERY day!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Not seeing a Wednesday show at Safeco being a winner. I don’t see how they could even sell it out, there’s really 50,000 legit PJ fans in the Seattle area? It would have to be a greatest hits show on an unprecedented level to keep that many casual fans engaged. I understand a weekend show working because fans like myself would fly in. Too bad that wouldn’t just play the Gorge which 99% of us prefer but I guess they’ve are obsessed with this ballpark thing for whatever reason. If they think the vibe at Safeco will come close to Fenway or Wrigley they are delusional. Those are the two most iconic ballparks in the world. Safeco is an okay ballpark with virtually zero history despite being around for two decades.

It might not be the most popular, if it's true, but I don't think it will matter. Northwest and Western US fans will travel for it. PJ fans who have already been to Wrigley and Fenway will travel for a different experience. If Wrigley and Fenway can sell out in record time, Pearl Jam will do well on a Wednesday night in their hometown.
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    I wonder if we'll get a "Stay Tuned" announcement in the newsletter next week...
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

:bow:

I took a pic of this. A lot of stuff I would not have thought of thanks!
    Not sure how this was overlooked, but definitely checkout the MoPop (formerly EMP). There's always something cool to see there, and by summer they'll have a few new exhibitions. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

Not sure how this was overlooked, but definitely checkout the MoPop (formerly EMP). There's always something cool to see there, and by summer they'll have a few new exhibitions. 
    Took Photos of this...so why the name change?
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited January 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

The Ballard Boat Locks are also a cool place to go see.  Salmon should be moving through the fish ladder in August.

http://www.myballard.com/ballard-locks-seattle/
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    i_lov_it said:

ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

When it originally opened, it was called Experience Music Project because it was basically a Jimi Hendrix museum. The owner has a huge collection. Over the years, the exhibitions became broader to include sci-fi as well as music. They decided a year ago that Museum Of Pop Culture (MoPOP) made more sense considering that there is a lot more diversity than there was back in the day. I had the pleasure of being a tour guide for the entire six year run of the Nirvana exhibition before it traveled to South America.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    3days said:
    Not seeing a Wednesday show at Safeco being a winner. I don’t see how they could even sell it out, there’s really 50,000 legit PJ fans in the Seattle area? It would have to be a greatest hits show on an unprecedented level to keep that many casual fans engaged. I understand a weekend show working because fans like myself would fly in. Too bad that wouldn’t just play the Gorge which 99% of us prefer but I guess they’ve are obsessed with this ballpark thing for whatever reason. If they think the vibe at Safeco will come close to Fenway or Wrigley they are delusional. Those are the two most iconic ballparks in the world. Safeco is an okay ballpark with virtually zero history despite being around for two decades.

It might not be the most popular, if it's true, but I don't think it will matter. Northwest and Western US fans will travel for it. PJ fans who have already been to Wrigley and Fenway will travel for a different experience. If Wrigley and Fenway can sell out in record time, Pearl Jam will do well on a Wednesday night in their hometown.
    I’m not certain on this and having trouble finding the numbers...but in 2009 I seem to remember the 2nd key arena show not selling out all the way. So two shows in a venue over twice as big might not be as much of a homerun (pun SO intended) as it seems
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    3days said:

I’m not certain on this and having trouble finding the numbers...but in 2009 I seem to remember the 2nd key arena show not selling out all the way. So two shows in a venue over twice as big might not be as much of a homerun (pun SO intended) as it seems
    We will see but 2009 had 21 North American shows with 15 the year before. NA fans are starved for shows now with nearly 2 years going to be passed with no shows if these dates are right and only 6 maybe 7 shows rumoured. Still hoping for a full announcement with a west coast tour included with the ballpark shows. 
    edited January 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    i_lov_it said:

ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

When it originally opened, it was called Experience Music Project because it was basically a Jimi Hendrix museum. The owner has a huge collection. Over the years, the exhibitions became broader to include sci-fi as well as music. They decided a year ago that Museum Of Pop Culture (MoPOP) made more sense considering that there is a lot more diversity than there was back in the day. I had the pleasure of being a tour guide for the entire six year run of the Nirvana exhibition before it traveled to South America.

Ok that makes sense...and hey Great thanks for the Information...yeah I took Photos from the Outside but I didn't actually go in except to look at the Gift Shop lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • ZeldaZonk said:
    i_lov_it said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

That's amazing you were able to have that experience working as a tour guide for the Nirvana exhibition.  I am really happy I was able to go there and tour the Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana exhibits.  I would have lived in there if I could.  I am bummed they aren't there anymore, but it's great that people in other parts of the world will have that experience too.

Will the Nirvana exhibit come home to Seattle or tour elsewhere?
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

GOOD call...I did the EMP while in Seattle right before the Missoula show in 2012!!
    The Nirvana exhibit was INCREDIBLE!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

ZeldaZonk said:
    i_lov_it said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

That's amazing you were able to have that experience working as a tour guide for the Nirvana exhibition.  I am really happy I was able to go there and tour the Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana exhibits.  I would have lived in there if I could.  I am bummed they aren't there anymore, but it's great that people in other parts of the world will have that experience too.

Will the Nirvana exhibit come home to Seattle or tour elsewhere?
    I only got as far as the Gift Shop lol
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    What's up with the NYC dates?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    edited January 2018

As ZeldaZonk pointed out formerly known as the EMP...

Post edited by i_lov_it on
    PJNB said:
    3days said:

We will see but 2009 had 21 North American shows with 15 the year before. NA fans are starved for shows now with nearly 2 years going to be passed with no shows if these dates are right and only 6 maybe 7 shows rumoured. Still hoping for a full announcement with a west coast tour included with the ballpark shows. 
    Word.  Somehow I keep forgetting it’ll be 2 friggin years... and come to think of it they also played a 3rd show in WA that year plus Vancouver.
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    To add to the list of Seattle to-dos, if you haven't been to the Gorge, drive over on the off day, spend the night at the Cave B Inn winery/resort, see the Gorge

And to the concern of limited demand on a weekday show by Americans; the 2013 Seattle show seemed to me to be more international fans than Americans.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I"m itching to use some frequent flyer miles...announce something already!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    dmbolp said:
    To add to the list of Seattle to-dos, if you haven't been to the Gorge, drive over on the off day, spend the night at the Cave B Inn winery/resort, see the Gorge

And to the concern of limited demand on a weekday show by Americans; the 2013 Seattle show seemed to me to be more international fans than Americans.
    Lol yeah also a  good point, the locals certainly seemed out numbered.  I think I talked to about 15 different people throughout the day and only 1 other person was from Washington
  • derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

Only been to Seattle once, but (time permitting) I would highly recommend taking the Stalking Seattle tour. Get to cruise around the city and visit a lot of the sites associated with the Seattle music scene. Apartments where Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden members lived, last bar Kurt Cobain was scene at, Kurt's house on Lake Washington and memorial bench, Jimi Hendrix statue, Black Hole sculpture, bars and theaters where Nirvana, PJ, Soundgarden, Alice and Chains, etc. started out at, cafe where they filmed some scenes from Singles at. My tour guide was highly knowledgeable as well. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2018

MikeRed22 said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

Only been to Seattle once, but (time permitting) I would highly recommend taking the Stalking Seattle tour. Get to cruise around the city and visit a lot of the sites associated with the Seattle music scene. Apartments where Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden members lived, last bar Kurt Cobain was scene at, Kurt's house on Lake Washington and memorial bench, Jimi Hendrix statue, Black Hole sculpture, bars and theaters where Nirvana, PJ, Soundgarden, Alice and Chains, etc. started out at, cafe where they filmed some scenes from Singles at. My tour guide was highly knowledgeable as well. 
    She gives a great tour indeed. Very fun person to talk to during it. Only been to seattle once, I loved it. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Love all the advice and back and forths BUT can we try to keep just rumors here? Maybe start another thread about travel plans and advice? 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    nicknyr15 said:
    Love all the advice and back and forths BUT can we try to keep just rumors here? Maybe start another thread about travel plans and advice? 
    Is it really that tough to scroll through travel plans?  if we stuck just to rumors we'd have four posts by dimitris instead of dozens of pages of back and forth positive conversation amongst fans.  travel advice and tour rumors go hand and hand in my book.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Dukes Chowder House on Alki Beach in West Seattle after visiting Easy St records is good stuff
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Is it really that tough to scroll through travel plans?  if we stuck just to rumors we'd have four posts by dimitris instead of dozens of pages of back and forth positive conversation amongst fans.  travel advice and tour rumors go hand and hand in my book.  
    I’m from Australia, and have no chance of attending any upcoming US or Europe shows as. I have a 2 month old, but I enjoyed reading your tour guide and hope to be there one day in future! If I ever get to the US one day my wife has family in Cali so hope to make it up to Seattle for a nostalgic trip. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14