Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

Spend millions fear mongering against third parties then shut them out of debates (when 76% of voters want 3rd parties included).

While still optimistic that the race will turn decisively back in Mrs. Clinton’s favor after the debates, leading Democrats have been alarmed by the drift of young voters toward the third-party candidates.

This.

And I don't care who Sanders now campaigns for, I'll never vote Hillary.
    And we still don't care.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Spend millions fear mongering against third parties then shut them out of debates (when 76% of voters want 3rd parties included).

While still optimistic that the race will turn decisively back in Mrs. Clinton’s favor after the debates, leading Democrats have been alarmed by the drift of young voters toward the third-party candidates.

This.

And we still don't care.
    Yet you all care that a majority of Bernie supporters won't vote for Hillary. Because without those voters she may not win.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    tonifig8 said:

Hillary was asked twice by reporters, if Tim K. knew about her condition? First response was completely ignored. Second time she was asked she said, "I communicated with Tim; I talked to him again last night," Clinton said. "We communicated, but I’m not going to go into our personal conversations."

Wtf.

What are you hoping for here? Seems reasonable to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

This.

And we still don't care.
    Yet you all care that a majority of Bernie supporters won't vote for Hillary. Because without those voters she may not win.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

tonifig8 said:

Hillary was asked twice by reporters, if Tim K. knew about her condition? First response was completely ignored. Second time she was asked she said, "I communicated with Tim; I talked to him again last night," Clinton said. "We communicated, but I’m not going to go into our personal conversations."

Wtf.

What are you hoping for here? Seems reasonable to me.
    Nearly 70% untrustworthy. You would think that something as basic as this would get a regular answer. The internet almost crashed on Sunday. Her health has been the center of conversation 24/7 since Sunday.

David Axelrod's comment immediately comes to mind
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

This.

And we still don't care.
    can you proof that this is actually true?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    fife said:

Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

This.

And we still don't care.
    can you proof that this is actually true?
    he got it from a dramatic poll.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

This.

And we still don't care.
    The majority will. There is like 25%-30% of butthurts that won't

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I've posted articles and there are several other articles backing it up. Not to mention FB groups, news stories, pieces, etc with hundreds and hundreds of people commenting who won't vote for her. This was a huge movement, and if you weren't a part of it then you will not understand. Just how many people out there who won't vote for Hillary, out of the way the Democratic Party have treated Bernie, how she herself have dissed Bernie supporters publicly, and how he has been screwed over. This might seem like a joke to many of Hillary supporters because you can't understand the enormity of it all, but it's very real.

His supporters votes mean a whole lot to the Clinton campaign. But they certainly didn't win us over.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/25/the-democratic-convention-is-chaotic-the-democratic-base-isnt/

I was off...it's 90% of Sanders voters plan to vote Clinton. Not too many butthurts

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Nothing to be nervous about, the president has no significant difference in day to day life. Whether its bush 1 or 2 Obama or pokemon, no real difference, it's supposed to be that way.
    Unless your a member of the armed forces or have a family member who is. Just ask those 4000+ that died in Iraq.
    Explain the difference? They died under the family values republican president and the hope and change democratic president? What difference does the president make?
    So do you think we have the Iraq war if Gore was president? Do we have the Affordable Care Act if McCain was? The Supreme Court would look essentially the same no matter who was president?
    Speaking of Gore and war..... Remember him, the guy that refused to have his president campaign for him, the guy who lost his home state to Bush, the guy that couldn't convince more Florida democrats to vote for him versus Bush, if that's not enough to jog your memory this certainly will, the guy that invented the interwebs.

Mrs. Clinton may also get an assist from one Democrat who has been largely quiet about the race, but can testify to the importance of resisting the third-party temptation: former Vice President Al Gore. Her staff has had conversations with aides to Mr. Gore about bringing him onto the campaign trail to emphasize the importance of supporting Mrs. Clinton if they want to make progress on combating climate change.
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
    Snopes...LOL
  • Options

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/25/the-democratic-convention-is-chaotic-the-democratic-base-isnt/

I was off...it's 90% of Sanders voters plan to vote Clinton. Not too many butthurts

Nice try, but Washington Post is Clinton biased and always have been
  • Options
    unsung said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Nothing to be nervous about, the president has no significant difference in day to day life. Whether its bush 1 or 2 Obama or pokemon, no real difference, it's supposed to be that way.
    Unless your a member of the armed forces or have a family member who is. Just ask those 4000+ that died in Iraq.
    Explain the difference? They died under the family values republican president and the hope and change democratic president? What difference does the president make?
    So do you think we have the Iraq war if Gore was president? Do we have the Affordable Care Act if McCain was? The Supreme Court would look essentially the same no matter who was president?
    Speaking of Gore and war..... Remember him, the guy that refused to have his president campaign for him, the guy who lost his home state to Bush, the guy that couldn't convince more Florida democrats to vote for him versus Bush, if that's not enough to jog your memory this certainly will, the guy that invented the interwebs.

Mrs. Clinton may also get an assist from one Democrat who has been largely quiet about the race, but can testify to the importance of resisting the third-party temptation: former Vice President Al Gore. Her staff has had conversations with aides to Mr. Gore about bringing him onto the campaign trail to emphasize the importance of supporting Mrs. Clinton if they want to make progress on combating climate change.
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
    Snopes...LOL
    Yeah...your life nemesis. Proving all your shit wrong

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    speakin o butthurt
    #angrywhite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2uf-vpXV6E
  • Options

Hey Brian, get a load of that article! :lol:
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Free said:

I've posted articles and there are several other articles backing it up. Not to mention FB groups, news stories, pieces, etc with hundreds and hundreds of people commenting who won't vote for her. This was a huge movement, and if you weren't a part of it then you will not understand. Just how many people out there who won't vote for Hillary, out of the way the Democratic Party have treated Bernie, how she herself have dissed Bernie supporters publicly, and how he has been screwed over. This might seem like a joke to many of Hillary supporters because you can't understand the enormity of it all, but it's very real.

His supporters votes mean a whole lot to the Clinton campaign. But they certainly didn't win us over.

Germ was a big part of the movement, so he/she claims.

The fact is that the polls are so tight now. Many are voting third party and many are simply not voting. The reality is that if trump supporters turnout and if people on the left spread out their votes it might just give trump the narrow win. Sanders went on CNN today pleading with his supporters to back Clinton. It's clearly a serious concern for the left.

People like germ making not voting for Clinton that much easier.
  • Options
    Free said:

while i respect you passion, you cant reallyt say that the majority of bernie followers won't vote for hillary and just back it up with "fb groups, news stories etc with hundreds and hundreds of people commenting who won't vote for her"

what you can say is that there is a group of die hard bernie supporters whom won't vote for her which i think you are right about but bernie got way more than hundreds of votes.
  • Options
    Free said:

what news papers if any would you agree with if they said the same thing?
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

The fact is that the polls are so tight now. Many are voting third party and many are simply not voting. The reality is that if trump supporters turnout and if people on the left spread out their votes it might just give trump the narrow win. Sanders went on CNN today pleading with his supporters to back Clinton. It's clearly a serious concern for the left.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=2016-election#now

• Options
    Free said:

uh....it was a Pew Poll...the Post is just reporting what the poll said. Come on man.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The Obama coalition rejected Clinton in 2008. Obama doesn't like her. Axelrod doesn't like her. The coalition doesn't like her. Even if all the major players endorse her the average Obama voter will never be excited about her. No matter how much these voters hate Trump a lack of excitement in Hillary will effectively depress turnout. The question is to what degree? Hillary needs to quickly figure out how to inspire these people otherwise she is going down. Being against Trump is not enough when the electorate is looking for change.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Free said:

"I only agree with facts when they help support my narrow world view"
    The article cites polls from Pew and Gallup. You know - a couple of the largest and most reliable polling organizations out there.

Or you can choose to stick your head in the ground and ignore reality like this guy
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Free said:

The thing about us Bernie supporters are that but we are independent minded, and are not easily swayed into voting for the corrupt two-party system. That's why were his supporters in the first place: it's like ass-backwards. So this move to get him to actively campaign for her in Ohio begging for votes, will probably not work.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Free said:

uh....it was a Pew Poll...the Post is just reporting what the poll said. Come on man.
    And you know how reliable polls are, like I've been saying this entire time...

Especially a Washington Post published poll :lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    fife said:

Free said:

It's already out there how corrupt the media is, and polls are used to manipulate voter behavior and nothing else, I worked in media marketing. I mean really, daily polls? The mere idea of a daily poll is to create nothing more than drama and increase media ratings.

Just talking and listening to people in groups, locally and online, The feeling is heavily still against Hillary from Bernie supporters, the majority anyway. Hearsay and first person testimonials have more weight on the topic then any supposed national bs poll.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Free said:

The thing about us Bernie supporters are that but we are independent minded, and are not easily swayed into voting for the corrupt two-party system. That's why were his supporters in the first place: it's like ass-backwards. So this move to get him to actively campaign for her in Ohio begging for votes, will probably not work.
    yeah that's why you would vote for him....as a DEMOCRAT

• Options
    Free said:

fife said:

Free said:

It's already out there how corrupt the media is, and polls are used to manipulate voter behavior and nothing else, I worked in media marketing.

Just talking and listening to people in groups, locally and online, The feeling is heavily still against Hillary from Bernie supporters, the majority anyway. Hearsay and first person testimonials have more weight on the topic then any supposed national bs poll.
    while yes I agree with you on polls (the best poll is the end count after voting imo) Bernie got millions of votes and you have not meet all the people who have voted for him so it is really hard to say that the majority of bernie supporters will not vote for hillary.
  • Options
    you can store a fully workable operating room in that medivacvan, is she still parkin in handicap spots, for shame
  • Options
    http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2016/2/theres-a-strong-feminist-case-for-hillary-clinton.html
    interesting article. hopefully this news site is not considered to bias for people
This discussion has been closed.