The Food Thread

16566676971

Comments

  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 12,849
    Mmmm blueberry bread
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 12,333
    Looking forward to making that Moroccan dish I made on the weekend again.
    It tasted better the next day, leftovers always taste better when it comes to sauces and stews.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 25,934
    i so appreciate this food for thought thread and the men and women that take the time to grow, cook and revel in the gustatory glory this world has to offer....mine today was left overs...roast pork loin to pink, marinated in jerk sauce and 1 quarter onion..,thinly sliced fried in its own fat and drippings added mung bean noodles into the iron pan...laid to rest on a bed of baby arugula tossed added a dash of herbed sea salt, chile habanero hot sauce El yucateco (every day spice of life)...paired with  Howling Moon craft cider Makers Series,,lemon hops....infused with lemon verbena and citra hops flowers ... special treat that is grown  and brewed in Oliver. BC,  fruit  and hops flowers grown on the little acreage.,the fruit basket of Canada...great to source my alcohol from a hundred mile radius...and from a small family run business just discovered on a run through the okanagan valley...incredible drive and sensory cleanse...
    What in the absolute Fuck. Welcome to the thread...I came in like a wreeeeeckijg ball 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,511
    Why, oh why, did I have Mrs. Renfro's ghost pepper salsa after 10 pm last night?.

    I'm about squirt some fiery gravy all over this conference room and set off the office sprinklers. My pore pore asshole feels like it's been impaled by a branding iron.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 3,541
    Looking forward to making that Moroccan dish I made on the weekend again.
    It tasted better the next day, leftovers always taste better when it comes to sauces and stews.
    As you stated prior, cut back on the sugar. Much flavor and spice in this dish that the sweet tends to dominate.

    I haven't made this in awhile; you've inspired me to do so.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,511
    Is there going to be a raffle for which one of us gets a jar of that @rgambs blackberry jelly?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    dankind said:
    Is there going to be a raffle for which one of us gets a jar of that @rgambs blackberry jelly?
    Keep your fingers crossed, if I stay diligent with the picking you might all get one!

    I'm at 12 half pints (standard jelly jar size) worth of jelly juice so far, and I think I'm just past halfway through the prime picking season.  Hard to tell, it drops off quickly.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 12,849
    dankind said:
    Why, oh why, did I have Mrs. Renfro's ghost pepper salsa after 10 pm last night?.

    I'm about squirt some fiery gravy all over this conference room and set off the office sprinklers. My pore pore asshole feels like it's been impaled by a branding iron.
    I don't remember the brand but had a ghost chili sauce on Sunday on clams.  Clams we're we're made on the grill where I was and they were delicious.  The host asked if I wanted hot sauce and I, of course, said yes.  I put a good dab on every little neck for about 15 of them.  I fully expected ass fire but was pleasantly surprised not to have any.
    It was not yet 10 pm, however.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 12,333
    edited June 27
    Hobbes said:
    Looking forward to making that Moroccan dish I made on the weekend again.
    It tasted better the next day, leftovers always taste better when it comes to sauces and stews.
    As you stated prior, cut back on the sugar. Much flavor and spice in this dish that the sweet tends to dominate.

    I haven't made this in awhile; you've inspired me to do so.
    Thank you!
    Glad I could inspire.
    I asked the guy who posted the recipe why it got a bit sickening after a number of mouthfuls, he said to only drizzle a little bit of the fruit sauce onto the tagine. I made the mistake of pouring it all in lol. I will probably stick to half a cup of water, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cinnamon powder. Was thinking of halving the amounts. I might cut back on the dried fruits but seeing I am adding more chicken I reckon leave it as is.
    I am making it again this weekend, extra chicken this time for my nieces who want to try it.
    Do you have a tagine pot?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 12,849
    rgambs said:
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    The local wildlife thank you.  I am sure they will eat them up!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    rgambs said:
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    The local wildlife thank you.  I am sure they will eat them up!
    There's a feckless cunt of a deer I call Joffrey that's been jumping my 7ft fence, eats the tops of my tomatoes, peppers and butternut squash, and trampling half my berry patch.
    I hope he chokes on those berries like his namesake.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 25,934
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,511
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    The local wildlife thank you.  I am sure they will eat them up!
    There's a feckless cunt of a deer I call Joffrey that's been jumping my 7ft fence, eats the tops of my tomatoes, peppers and butternut squash, and trampling half my berry patch.
    I hope he chokes on those berries like his namesake.
    How friendly are you with your local butcher? And how large is your freezer?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    The local wildlife thank you.  I am sure they will eat them up!
    There's a feckless cunt of a deer I call Joffrey that's been jumping my 7ft fence, eats the tops of my tomatoes, peppers and butternut squash, and trampling half my berry patch.
    I hope he chokes on those berries like his namesake.
    How friendly are you with your local butcher? And how large is your freezer?
    Freezer is big enough and I don't need a butcher, I just haven't been willing to stay up all night to take him out.
    I wish I had after his first invasion, on his second he wiped out 15 butternut squash plants.  I only have a few left.  Just enough for a few holiday pies I guess.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,511
    rgambs said:
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    The local wildlife thank you.  I am sure they will eat them up!
    There's a feckless cunt of a deer I call Joffrey that's been jumping my 7ft fence, eats the tops of my tomatoes, peppers and butternut squash, and trampling half my berry patch.
    I hope he chokes on those berries like his namesake.
    How friendly are you with your local butcher? And how large is your freezer?
    Freezer is big enough and I don't need a butcher, I just haven't been willing to stay up all night to take him out.
    I wish I had after his first invasion, on his second he wiped out 15 butternut squash plants.  I only have a few left.  Just enough for a few holiday pies I guess.
    I can clean a fish and poultry, but deer is way beyond my skill level. I never got the butchering and cleaning lessons on our larger livestock when I was a kid. Plus, I'm fairly certain I'd hurl. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    I'm also not legally allowed to shoot him this time of year.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,511
    Damn thing came out of nowhere and just ran right into my bullet. Crazy!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Brasberry season is coming to a close. 
    There are still gallons of berries out there, but the easy pickins are all gone and I've had about enough picking for the year.
    Jelly time this weekend.
    The local wildlife thank you.  I am sure they will eat them up!
    There's a feckless cunt of a deer I call Joffrey that's been jumping my 7ft fence, eats the tops of my tomatoes, peppers and butternut squash, and trampling half my berry patch.
    I hope he chokes on those berries like his namesake.
    How friendly are you with your local butcher? And how large is your freezer?
    Freezer is big enough and I don't need a butcher, I just haven't been willing to stay up all night to take him out.
    I wish I had after his first invasion, on his second he wiped out 15 butternut squash plants.  I only have a few left.  Just enough for a few holiday pies I guess.
    I can clean a fish and poultry, but deer is way beyond my skill level. I never got the butchering and cleaning lessons on our larger livestock when I was a kid. Plus, I'm fairly certain I'd hurl. 
    It's a big job, I've never done it alone.  I call my cousin (or he calls me for a hand) and he takes the lead and I just help out.  Done it enough times I could do it I'm sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 12,849
    A family friend would always butcher the deer that we shot (during season, of course) and I loved helping him.  It was fascinating. 
    I felt badly dragging that bastard out of the woods but eating venison makes the world feel right.  Probably one of my favorite meats to eat.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 25,934
    edited July 1
    Goat Barbacoa today in south philly. Fucking incredible. Place known for their mole, which the wife and some other people got.

    oh fuck trump
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    Haven't had a good mole since I lived in Tucson!  And goat barbacoa?  Sounds awesome.  Chevon is very underrated.

    Black raspberry season is officially closed for me.  I did a final pick this morning, ran it through the Squeezo, and then made my jelly this evening after a day at the lake.  
    Isso é Vida!

    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 25,934
    rgambs said:
    Haven't had a good mole since I lived in Tucson!  And goat barbacoa?  Sounds awesome.  Chevon is very underrated.

    Black raspberry season is officially closed for me.  I did a final pick this morning, ran it through the Squeezo, and then made my jelly this evening after a day at the lake.  
    Isso é Vida!

    http://www.philly.com/philly/food/20140427_Mole_Poblano.html?mobi=true

    Philly has some incredible Mexican. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,919
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 12,849
    I need the South Philly barbacoa stat.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules BostonPosts: 285
    Steak & salad!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 12,849
    Fucking FedNuts.
    I met someone right by the Center City spot today and felt compelled to grab some for the family, and I wolfed down two pieces despite not eating anything fried for nearly a month.  
    That made it even better.  Was the "spicy" which isn't spicy but is great.
    This is the regular...for the four year old when he gets home.  Boy devours friend chicken like a good kid should.  ;)

    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,403
    edited July 3
    Chowed down on some fantastic beef cheek tacos and chicken green chili tamales for lunch today from a place called Taco Libre in St. Paul.

    Went to Detroit over the weekend and gorged on  soul food at a place called Savannah Blue. Collards, crab cakes, baked Mac n cheese, corn bread, shrimp and parm grits in a mushroom andouille  sauce, and braised ox tails. I felt like a beached whale afterwards, but totally worth it!
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
Sign In or Register to comment.