Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2018
    Fucking FedNuts.
    I met someone right by the Center City spot today and felt compelled to grab some for the family, and I wolfed down two pieces despite not eating anything fried for nearly a month.  
    That made it even better.  Was the "spicy" which isn't spicy but is great.
    This is the regular...for the four year old when he gets home.  Boy devours friend chicken like a good kid should.  ;)

If you have any left over, here’s a simple little Southern sammich for you yankee fucks: pulled pieces of fried chicken (with skin and batter), a little mayo (just enough so that the chicken sticks), and bread and butter pickles on a finger roll. The finger roll is supposed to make it so that you don’t give yourself a heart attack, but you’ll likely make yourself at least two more.

Alka-Seltzer to the rescue.  
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Oh that sounds delicious!

And...so does the motor City gorging.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Prepped for dinner tomorrow evening (have a group of 12 family members joining us for dinner)....2-3 hours of cutting, salting, stacking, peeling, chopping.
    Fuck.
    If I make time as shit is ready will take some pics.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Leftovers. 

Here you have one of these Quarter Pounder clone burgers I make. We’ve also  got some zucchini and onions and mozzarella. Finally: tomatoes, onions, mozzarella/basil with a Peter Luger steak sauce I’ve attempted to recreate. 

Summer. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Fuuuuck.  Had me at Luger.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Making chicken tagine tonight for the third time.
    My nieces loved it last weekend.
    Turned out better than the first time.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Leftovers. 

Here you have one of these Quarter Pounder clone burgers I make. We’ve also  got some zucchini and onions and mozzarella. Finally: tomatoes, onions, mozzarella/basil with a Peter Luger steak sauce I’ve attempted to recreate. 

Summer. 
    That looks nice! 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    My cous cous turned out like dough, why?
    Too much or too little water?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Too much.
  • Options
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    See the source image
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited July 2018
    Leftovers. 

Summer. 
      Also steamed mussels with my brother in law’s Two Hearted clone. Good stuff:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hobbes said:
    Too much.
    Thanks!
    I followed the pack instructions, half a cup of cous cous and half a cup of water. It was the only downer to a very nice chicken tagine.
    I made it using wholemeal cous cous previously and the cous cous turned out fine. First time I tried white.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    LOL
  • Options
    Made some beer-steamed Ipswich clams last night. Holy goodness. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    @eddiec has had some good meals in Europe, I've followed on Facebook.  Great eats, beers, and Euro PJ shows...so jealous.  Maybe someday I will have my chance again.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    rgambs said:
    @eddiec has had some good meals in Europe, I've followed on Facebook.  Great eats, beers, and Euro PJ shows...so jealous.  Maybe someday I will have my chance again.
    The cacio e Pepe looked glorious 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Made some beer-steamed Ipswich clams last night. Holy goodness. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUIGvpDolw
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    rgambs said:
    Barcelona tomorrow. Octopus time.
  • Options
    Back from Barcelona. Went to two of the local Galician places I always hit which are right by my brother's apartment. First pic is octopus resting at O Meu Lar. Second is Pulpo a la Gallega at Zigo.

• Options
    Not much other to say than....wow!
  • Options
    Yeah, good god that looks good.
  • Options
    Headed out today for the bayou, Cliffy, I think trip #2 this year will be in October.

Based on taking 1-2 of these trips for about the last 15 years, I can expect we may eat:
    Fried & Grill variations of our haul:  typically Reds and Speckled Trout.  Also some catfish, gar, and (yikes!) gator could be on the menu.
    We typically grab a sack of Oysters and/or Shrimp from the boats as they pass by, on their way back in.  Cook those a few different ways and also eat raw.
    Crawfish - usually do a boil of a few batches of mud bugs with the andouille, corn, pots, etc
    Boudin.  When in Louisiana this is a must.  Breakfast of the gods
    Blue crab - also a must.  We crack crabs for bait and we eat some as well.

The best food will be the 3,000 watered down American beers to try and stay hydrated.  You know it is hot when you drink about 10 of them in the morning out on the water and do not take a leak once.  Sweat 'em out!

Will try to snap pics but the phones dont work out there and they almost always stay in the bag once we arrive at camp. 
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
     A little German inspired summer cooking tonight.  Grilled pork chops, fresh sauerkraut from the farmers market, homemade potato salad, corn on the cob.  Minimal veggies as it should be.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Garden is finally coming along, looking forward to some good fresh food!  Just summer squash so far, but cukes, mater's, onions, and beans will be coming soon.  Blueberries are about done, it will be cruise control soon.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Reaper plants are finally starting to grow now that the fucking sun finally decided to come out this year. I didn’t think those bastards were ever gonna take off. 
  • Options
    Headed out today for the bayou, Cliffy, I think trip #2 this year will be in October.

Based on taking 1-2 of these trips for about the last 15 years, I can expect we may eat:
    Fried & Grill variations of our haul:  typically Reds and Speckled Trout.  Also some catfish, gar, and (yikes!) gator could be on the menu.
    We typically grab a sack of Oysters and/or Shrimp from the boats as they pass by, on their way back in.  Cook those a few different ways and also eat raw.
    Crawfish - usually do a boil of a few batches of mud bugs with the andouille, corn, pots, etc

The best food will be the 3,000 watered down American beers to try and stay hydrated.  You know it is hot when you drink about 10 of them in the morning out on the water and do not take a leak once.  Sweat 'em out!

Will try to snap pics but the phones dont work out there and they almost always stay in the bag once we arrive at camp. 
    Motherfuck. This is my dream trip you cock 
  • Options

Motherfuck. This is my dream trip you cock 
    Have a pic of the skrimp chow down on night one, will share at some point.
    I feel like I ran 17 marathons in a row.  Shrimp/Redfish/Boudin/Crab/Shrimp Po Boys - passed on the Oysters and Crawdads this trip.  Next trip. 
    So many coors lights and tequila shots.  I need to detox for a week or two.
    Great food, great times.
  • Options
    I was at the local market Saturday afternoon. My fish guy had these huge langoustines. I should have taken a pic of them. I used the head and claws to make an Asian broth. Meat from the tail was unbelievably sweet, juicy and tender.