Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    why dont they just decide to change the name of the ACA, and roll it out as their own.  That way they can take credit for getting rid of it, while saving their base, who wouldnt know the ACA from the public option from welfare.  They can gracefully escape attacking a convenient target for 8 years, while misleading their base.  

They can name it the RLTOPHPOJRCSA:   Reagan Loves the Troops Obama Poops His Pants Only Jesus and Republicans Can Save Us Act.  Theyll fuckin love it.  

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Sounds like there are already three no votes....GOP women Capito, Collens, Murkowski

repeal is dead for now
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Sounds like there are already three no votes....GOP women Capito, Collens, Murkowski

repeal is dead for now
    Their political careers are over.  I appreciate them putting country over self.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Hillary will be in the democratic primary... I will put a bootleg on that... she just won the national election by a few million votes and has the best name recognition & career in the field, by far 

As a matter of fact I bet Las Vegas would set her as the early favorite to win in 2020
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    my2hands said:
    Hillary will be in the democratic primary... I will put a bootleg on that... she just won the national election by a few million votes and has the best name recognition & career in the field, by far 

As a matter of fact I bet Las Vegas would set her as the early favorite to win in 2020
    I don't think so.  

I would guess that she won't even show her face.  She fires up the tRumpsters too much. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

repeal is dead for now
    He won't need to do it, but you could add Dean Heller to that list.  Had the two hard liners not come out last night, it was a good bet that Heller was going to vote no.  Portman could easily have voted no as well, considering Kasich's position.  
    Anyways, you're right it's dead in the first half day of the announcement.  Another Trump plan that failed miserably.  Remember he's "been saying all along"...  What a doucher.
  • Options

OnWis97 said:

repeal is dead for now

Pretty sure these Senators have a firm understanding of how their states are using the medicare expansion.  Why do you think they said they would vote no? 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Martin O' Malley would be better back at his old job as MD's gov.  We have a worthless R now who's never held elected office before and his only claim to his approval numbers is that he was diagnosed with cancer after he was elected. 

If HRC tapped Marty for her VEEP pick, I would've approved, he would have been a better pick than Timmy.  
    Bernie Sanders would have been an even smarter choice, if the DNC had been more interested in putting together a ticket that could win instead of being so stupid and so petty.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:

I don't see it happening. She continues to struggle with approval ratings:

TRUMP IS STILL MORE POPULAR THAN HILLARY CLINTON, NEW POLL SHOWS

"The former secretary of state notched a 39 percent favorable rating, 2 points lower than Trump, in Bloomberg’s National Poll results released Tuesday, the second-worst score for Clinton in the almost eight years the poll has followed her."

It is definitely time for fresh faces to go up against Drumpf. I'm intrigued by Harris.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I've been saying "all along" that there's a #PTAPE.   That's why Donnie's so nice to the Russians, he's скомпрометированы.

The only acceptable trade for those Russian spy houses in MD and out on Long Island should be the return of Bob Kraft's stolen Super Bowl ring.  

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,288
    MayDay10 said:
    why dont they just decide to change the name of the ACA, and roll it out as their own.  That way they can take credit for getting rid of it, while saving their base, who wouldnt know the ACA from the public option from welfare.  They can gracefully escape attacking a convenient target for 8 years, while misleading their base.  

They can name it the RLTOPHPOJRCSA:   Reagan Loves the Troops Obama Poops His Pants Only Jesus and Republicans Can Save Us Act.  Theyll fuckin love it.  

This could work. His base barely recognizes that the ACA is actually the same thing as Obama Care anyway...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited July 2017
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:

"The former secretary of state notched a 39 percent favorable rating, 2 points lower than Trump, in Bloomberg’s National Poll results released Tuesday, the second-worst score for Clinton in the almost eight years the poll has followed her."

It is definitely time for fresh faces to go up against Drumpf. I'm intrigued by Harris.
    Hmmmmmm. I don't find this relevant in the slightest. Why would she have any favourability ratings at all? She's doing nothing and making no attempts to affect her favourability at all. She may as well be retired from politics at the moment, and she is obviously not going to run ever again. So why would people even be polled? This poll is literally meaningless. If Clinton were trying to improve these numbers and they were this low, that would mean something. But she's not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    the Republicans hate Hillary like a religion.  Many Democrats dislike her, especially now because her campaign got upset and now we are stuck with Baby Huey.  That result is not shocking at all.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    OnWis97 said:

repeal is dead for now
    theyre doing what their constituents want them to do. Not blindly ridding them of the ACA because a black democratic president delivered on a campaign promise. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:

Hmmmmmm. I don't find this relevant in the slightest. Why would she have any favourability ratings at all? She's doing nothing and making no attempts to affect her favourability at all. She may as well be retired from politics at the moment, and she is obviously not going to run ever again. So why would people even be polled? This poll is literally meaningless. If Clinton were trying to improve these numbers and they were this low, that would mean something. But she's not.
    Sure, I don't disagree with you. But I do disagree with the notion that Hillary's name should be floated for another run. This poll demonstrates why. She clearly has strong and lasting negatives, and it seems pointless to put up a candidate that is facing that sort of obstacle before even entering a race. The Dems need to look elsewhere, preferably someone with fresh, new ideas. Pelosi and Hillary aren't going to carry the Dems to the presidency. Booker and/or Harris might. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:

Sure, I don't disagree with you. But I do disagree with the notion that Hillary's name should be floated for another run. This poll demonstrates why. She clearly has strong and lasting negatives, and it seems pointless to put up a candidate that is facing that sort of obstacle before even entering a race. The Dems need to look elsewhere, preferably someone with fresh, new ideas. Pelosi and Hillary aren't going to carry the Dems to the presidency. Booker and/or Harris might. 
    I did not know that her name was being floated for another run. I said that poll was irrelevant specifically because she is not running again. Who said she would try for another run??? That would be an insane thing to do - I haven't heard a single person, including Clinton, who has suggested such a crazy notion, but perhaps I missed it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:

I did not know that her name was being floated for another run. I said that poll was irrelevant specifically because she is not running again. Who said she would try for another run??? That would be an insane thing to do - I haven't heard a single person, including Clinton, who has suggested such a crazy notion, but perhaps I missed it?
    Look at the post I quoted. I was simply responding to that.

• Options
    I like Booker, Harris not so much.
    You think those candidates are going to be what makes R's start talking reasonable?  
    Not holding my breath.

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:

Look at the post I quoted. I was simply responding to that.

Oohhhh, sorry, I did not see that. my2hands, that's crazy talk! ;)
  • Options
    Tell that to Hillary
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    6 months in, Trump's presidency is teetering on the brink of disaster - CNN
    https://apple.news/A7Yo3JwnbRV-Gu0MKuXAckA

Yeah he sure has accomplished a lot , what says you Pjfantrumpsupporterforlife ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    my2hands said:
    Tell that to Hillary
    If she wants to run again (no actual proof of that - just conjecture from what I can tell), then she'd be delusional. But she'd never get the Democratic nomination even if she did try, so it's a moot point IMO.
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    I like Booker, Harris not so much.
    You think those candidates are going to be what makes R's start talking reasonable?  
    Not holding my breath.

Who knows. I like Biden, but doubt he'll run. Warren is always up for a good fight. What is your issue with Harris? Obama and Biden both endorsed her in her senate race. Perhaps the Dems could put up a reality TV star to run against Trump - Mark Cuban. Lol.
    I don't think the deplorables (Trump voters) will be reasonable no matter who the Dems put up, so the Dems need to put up someone who can secure not only their loyal base, but also the votes that went to Obama that Hillary couldn't capture. They also need to attract swing voters/independents. There still time for someone to emerge, but I wouldn't put any money on any of them right now. And who knows what the GOP side will look like. It would be great to see Kasich and/or Romney jump into a GOP primary against Drumpf just to shake things up.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Mark Cuban seems to be seriously considering it, but I believe he'd run for the Republicans, not the Democrats. Who knows, maybe he feels that the GOP is just too fucked up for future redemption and he permanently switches teams, but I doubt it. He took his leave of the Trump GOP, but I saw that as just a temporary departure from the Reds.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    I predict Michael Bloomberg is POTUS on 1/20/21
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,288

Waaaaay too early but Trump trails all hypothetical challengers at this point:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/342521-poll-trump-trails-behind-high-profile-dems-in-hypothetical-matchups

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342589-ian-bremmer-trump-and-putin-held-second-informal-meeting-during-g-20

Trump and Putin had second meeting at G20, unreported until now.  It was only attended by Putin, Trump and Putin's translator.  Trump's translator did not attend, which is a breach of national security protocol.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    mrussel1 said:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342589-ian-bremmer-trump-and-putin-held-second-informal-meeting-during-g-20

Trump and Putin had second meeting at G20, unreported until now.  It was only attended by Putin, Trump and Putin's translator.  Trump's translator did not attend, which is a breach of national security protocol.  
    Treasonous. Start impeachment already. PJFan will approve. PTAPE.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

Waaaaay too early but Trump trails all hypothetical challengers at this point:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/342521-poll-trump-trails-behind-high-profile-dems-in-hypothetical-matchups

One piece of legislation i would support Trump on would be putting an end to these stupid polls about elections and approval ratings.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I knew it!!! This f****** guy is a traitor!!!
This discussion has been closed.