Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    President Trump just tweeted this.  Here is the latest President Trump tweet folks........
    We were let down by all of the Democrats and a few Republicans. Most Republicans were loyal, terrific & worked really hard. We will return! As I have always said, let ObamaCare fail and then come together and do a great healthcare plan. Stay tuned!

• Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Tiki said:
    President Trump falsely claimed on July 17 to have "signed more bills, and I'm talking about through the legislature, than any other president ever."

what a douche
    Well, that's great.  There's a reason he said he "we love the poorly educated."  There's a small army of low IQ idiots who truly believe that.  I could point out at least one on this thread.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    this is so great! I hope the healthcare system fails and people die!  We need loyalty!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    President Trump just tweeted this.  Here is the latest President Trump tweet folks........
    We were let down by all of the Democrats and a few Republicans. Most Republicans were loyal, terrific & worked really hard. We will return! As I have always said, let ObamaCare fail and then come together and do a great healthcare plan. Stay tuned!

If he "always said" that, then why didn't he exercise some leadership and make that happen rather than wasting the last four months? 
    And how would this "new" plan be different than the one just shuttered?  They could have made this terrific new plan from the start.  His 4d chess is just over my head I guess.  
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Gtilley8 said:
    Tiki said:
    President Trump falsely claimed on July 17 to have "signed more bills, and I'm talking about through the legislature, than any other president ever."

what a douche
    Well, that's great.  There's a reason he said he "we love the poorly educated."  There's a small army of low IQ idiots who truly believe that.  I could point out at least one on this thread.  
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    As his healthcare bill died, Big Boy President spent the last couple days at a golf course and pretending to drive a fire truck:

Hahaha

I can't say if I like this picture best of all the great shots taken of this pud with his little orange hands.

Poopy pants was a good one. That one where he was picking boogers was a good one. The ones where Melania looks like she is about to vomit after he touches her are interesting. But the nature of this one is classic: "Vroom. Woo woo. Coming to the rescue!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited July 2017
    I don't think this repeal and replace fiasco will work out too well for Ryan and McConnell, especially McConnell. 

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    I don't think this repeal and replace fiasco will work out too well for Ryan and McConnell, especially McConnell. 

Please... McConnell is safe. You're crazy.  And Ryan is basically safe too.  Don't forget that Trump endorsed Ryan's right wing nut job challenger and Ryan won by like 60 points or something.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:

Please... McConnell is safe. You're crazy.  And Ryan is basically safe too.  Don't forget that Trump endorsed Ryan's right wing nut job challenger and Ryan won by like 60 points or something.  

McConnell has always said, get the votes and we'll get things done, now some are calling his integrity to question.

Ron Johnson told the Green Bay Press-Gazettethat the legislation’s changes to Medicaid were reasons for uneasy conservatives to support the bill. But he said that McConnell was representing the Medicaid overhaul as a façade, though he didn’t cite examples. “If our leader is basically saying don't worry about it, we've designed it so that those reforms will never take effect, first of all, that's a pretty significant breach of trust, and why support the bill then?” Johnson asked.

The Washington Post reported last week that McConnell told Sens. Rob Portman and Shelly Moore Capito, who both represent Medicaid expansion states, that the legislation’s “deepest Medicaid cuts are far into the future” and won’t ever see the light of day. A former GOP lobbyist and Capitol Hill staffer quoted by the paper mentioned an adjustment to Medicaid’s funding formula in the year 2025, specifically. An aide to Johnson told THE WEEKLY STANDARD that the Wisconsin Republican confirmed reports of McConnell's comments in conversations with colleagues.

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:

McConnell has always said, get the votes and we'll get things done, now some are calling his integrity to question.

Ron Johnson told the Green Bay Press-Gazettethat the legislation’s changes to Medicaid were reasons for uneasy conservatives to support the bill. But he said that McConnell was representing the Medicaid overhaul as a façade, though he didn’t cite examples. “If our leader is basically saying don't worry about it, we've designed it so that those reforms will never take effect, first of all, that's a pretty significant breach of trust, and why support the bill then?” Johnson asked.

The Washington Post reported last week that McConnell told Sens. Rob Portman and Shelly Moore Capito, who both represent Medicaid expansion states, that the legislation’s “deepest Medicaid cuts are far into the future” and won’t ever see the light of day. A former GOP lobbyist and Capitol Hill staffer quoted by the paper mentioned an adjustment to Medicaid’s funding formula in the year 2025, specifically. An aide to Johnson told THE WEEKLY STANDARD that the Wisconsin Republican confirmed reports of McConnell's comments in conversations with colleagues.

Yes I'm aware of all of this.  But he's been the GOP leader in the Senate for several years.  Failure to get the votes for this piece of crap or even spinning this piece of crap to his colleagues, isn't going to cost him his leadership post or his seat.  The Senate doesn't work that way.  
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    fife said:
    I agree.
  • Options
    An adage in sport is: nobody remembers who came second.

With so little to celebrate, Trump and his gaggle of fools need to constantly relive the moment given it's the only success this team has had.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    An adage in sport is: nobody remembers who came second.

With so little to celebrate, Trump and his gaggle of fools need to constantly relive the moment given it's the only success this team has had.
    the buffalo bills strongly disagree with this adage!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    fife said:
    do they? If you see the words "Hillary Clinton" and recoil, I suggest you pay better attention to what's occurring today and now and perhaps propose an acceptable alternative.  Is it a snap election like they just had in the UK?  is it Bernie Sanders? Chuck Shumer?  Mark Warner?  Adam Schiff?  Joe Manchin? Martin O'frickin' Malley?

what is the answer?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    fife said:
    are those people kamala harris? 

from The Hill

The Democratic donor class is abuzz about Kamala Harris after the freshman California senator was feted this weekend at an event in the Hamptons surrounded by top fundraisers.

The Bridgehampton event, where Harris mingled with top donors and supporters of Hillary Clinton, was the ultimate signal that Harris is "thinking much bigger" than the Senate, one top bundler said.

• Options
    Strong possibilities:  Warren, Booker, Gillibrand, Harris, Cuomo, 
    Long shots:  Cuban, Sandberg, O'Malley (I don't know why you hate O'Malley), Kaine
    Older candidates: Biden Sanders
    Someone else has plenty of time to emerge as well.

• Options
    Tiki said:
    fife said:
    do they? If you see the words "Hillary Clinton" and recoil, I suggest you pay better attention to what's occurring today and now and perhaps propose an acceptable alternative.  Is it a snap election like they just had in the UK?  is it Bernie Sanders? Chuck Shumer?  Mark Warner?  Adam Schiff?  Joe Manchin? Martin O'frickin' Malley?

what is the answer?
    I am not an anti Hillary at all but she is not going to be the president.  the usa has a different politic system than say the UK.  the Uk has a Parliamentary  system which american doesn't have.  there are rules around who would be president if trump and pence were not able to be the leader. 

http://www.newsweek.com/if-trump-impeached-who-president-623219

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    fife said:
    Tiki said:
    fife said:

what is the answer?
    I am not an anti Hillary at all but she is not going to be the president.  the usa has a different politic system than say the UK.  the Uk has a Parliamentary  system which american doesn't have.  there are rules around who would be president if trump and pence were not able to be the leader. 

Yeah I keep seeing people say we will be looking at President Hatch if Pence and Ryan go down with the Russia shit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    fife said:
    Tiki said:
    fife said:

what is the answer?

Yeah I keep seeing people say we will be looking at President Hatch if Pence and Ryan go down with the Russia shit.
    I for one love this sarcasm :) atleast I hope it is
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Tiki said:
    fife said:

what is the answer?
    I don't think a couple years of Hillary with a pretty Red/Republican congress would do us any harm.

However, it won't happen.  This thing will/would be fought in courts every step of the way.  It'll probably just lead into the 2020 election
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    On the weekend the latest version of the health care bill crashed and burned in the Senate, Trump spent two days playing golf and one goofing off in a big-boy fire truck (again!).

He has zero interest in leading.

If you are against the Trump agenda (inasmuch as one exists), the good news is he is probably the most incompetent person ever to sit in the Oval Office.

Nixon was a crook who actually knew how to get shit done. I guess that's worse.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    On the weekend the latest version of the health care bill crashed and burned in the Senate, Trump spent two days playing golf and one goofing off in a big-boy fire truck (again!).

If you are against the Trump agenda (inasmuch as one exists), the good news is he is probably the most incompetent person ever to sit in the Oval Office.

repeal will happen shortly, replacement eventually.
    were going to get F, is just taking longer for them to figure out how long and how hard to F us.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    JC29856 said:

repeal will happen shortly, replacement eventually.
    were going to get F, is just taking longer for them to figure out how long and how hard to F us.
    Repeal may happen, although I'm dubious. Within seconds of McConnell announcing they'd vote on straight repeal, there were already two confirmed no votes among the Republicans in the Senate. Two more no's, and it's dead too. 

Replacement, meanwhile, is never going to happen under this Congress. They don't have a viable plan and don't want one.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I don't think the repeal bill will go anywhere.  Total chaos if it passes.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I'm paraphrasing
    trump: your going to have great health plans, you're going to have options, it's going to be cheaper and save millions and it's going to be easy, you watch, I'm telling you.

I'm watching....
This discussion has been closed.