Options

Creepy/Weird guy at the gym

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

You ask for advice and comments but every time anyone offers any you are right there with an answer, every time it is decidedly negative.
    "He is violent"
    "People are crazy where I live"
    "I'm not a physical person"
    "I'm worried about this or that"
    "I wasn't stalking her"
    "She talks to me but thinks I am creepy"

I understand that you do not like the negative comments but you are inviting when you crap on every single piece of advice or counsel you are given. I am glad to hear you are not thinking about suicide despite your words. Life is worth living.
    You seem to have thread after thread that points to you being in the same state of being. Please do not take it the wrong way when people tire of giving the same advice.
    Stand up for yourself.
    Stay at home.
    Wear ear buds.
    Don't stalk her.
    Try just taking care of yourself.
    Don't worry about everyone else.
    You have a number of issues it seems -- and I wish you the best in dealing with them -- but your postings over time on the 10C boards paint the same picture. Don't be made with people who are frustrated with the same requests for guidance and the same disregard for help that is offered.
    Good luck to you.
    My personal advice would be to just worry about yourself.
    Everyone isn't out to get you.
    Just because you live in a place with violent acts being perpetrated doesn't mean that every look you get is a violent act waiting to happen. (A big percentage of us live near/in cities where there are lots of violent acts.)

How about this? Take all of the love and kind thoughts that people share here and stay inside and revel in the fact that somewhere, people are connecting with you and trying to help you.

I never stalked any girl wtf.
    She and I are friends, she overreacted and took me the wrong way.
    She's the one that always contacts me first anyways.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

You ask for advice and comments but every time anyone offers any you are right there with an answer, every time it is decidedly negative.
    "He is violent"
    "I wasn't stalking her"

I understand that you do not like the negative comments but you are inviting when you crap on every single piece of advice or counsel you are given. I am glad to hear you are not thinking about suicide despite your words. Life is worth living.
    You seem to have thread after thread that points to you being in the same state of being. Please do not take it the wrong way when people tire of giving the same advice.
    Stand up for yourself.
    Stay at home.
    Wear ear buds.
    Don't stalk her.
    You have a number of issues it seems -- and I wish you the best in dealing with them -- but your postings over time on the 10C boards paint the same picture. Don't be made with people who are frustrated with the same requests for guidance and the same disregard for help that is offered.
    Good luck to you.
    Just because you live in a place with violent acts being perpetrated doesn't mean that every look you get is a violent act waiting to happen. (A big percentage of us live near/in cities where there are lots of violent acts.)

How about this? Take all of the love and kind thoughts that people share here and stay inside and revel in the fact that somewhere, people are connecting with you and trying to help you.

These are sensible words and suggestions
  • Options

Can you find a new gym?

They are much more expensive for a year membership. I wanted to go to one closer to home but it is double the price.
    Can't afford it right now.
    It seems you're just going for the cardio equipment anyways, so pay whatever fee it is to break the contract. Buy a bike and run/cycle outside.
    I would if I could. I mentioned this earlier in another post in this thread. There are no safe bike tracks where I live and I have bad knees which is not good for road running. I would if I could to save money.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

The new avatar is a nice touch.

Whispering hands thinks of me that way.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

It's about upsetting people in general, I am too nice.
    I want to go gym now but he was there this time last week. I feel anxiety everytime I arrive at the gym because I expect him to be there, sick of it.

It doesn't sound like you're afraid of hurting his feelings though. You seem more worried for yourself, in that you fear he might react violently towards you
    Also, because I drive and park at the gym the thoughts cross my mind, what if he damages my car whilst I am inside? What if he follows me home?
    I just don't understand why on earth you think this is likely to happen? Have you been attacked in the past or something? I'm trying to understand where this (to me, irrational) fear is coming from
    Yes, by a meth affected passenger on the train, by drunk teens on a tram, and by two drunk guys on a tram on a separate occasion.
    Melbourne is a violent city nowadays.
    People who are violent schizophrenics are not kept in involuntary care to keep the community safe.
    Judge let repeat violent offenders out on bail.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

I want to go gym now but he was there this time last week. I feel anxiety everytime I arrive at the gym because I expect him to be there, sick of it.

It doesn't sound like you're afraid of hurting his feelings though. You seem more worried for yourself, in that you fear he might react violently towards you
    Also, because I drive and park at the gym the thoughts cross my mind, what if he damages my car whilst I am inside? What if he follows me home?
    I just don't understand why on earth you think this is likely to happen? Have you been attacked in the past or something? I'm trying to understand where this (to me, irrational) fear is coming from
    Yes, by a meth affected passenger on the train, by drunk teens on a tram, and by two drunk guys on a tram on a separate occasion.
    People who are violent schizophrenics are not kept in involuntary care to keep the community safe.
    Well then I think the suggestion to look into learning some self-defence is a good one, perhaps it would help you feel more secure
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Well then I think the suggestion to look into learning some self-defence is a good one, perhaps it would help you feel more secure
    Yeah I want to learn boxing. When I start earning money from employment it is my priority.
    But I have weak wrists, not sure they could take constant pounding.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

"He is violent"
    "I wasn't stalking her"

Stand up for yourself.
    Stay at home.
    Wear ear buds.
    Don't stalk her.
    Good luck to you.

I never stalked any girl wtf.
    She and I are friends, she overreacted and took me the wrong way.
    She's the one that always contacts me first anyways.
    Just another example of your threads, man, we try to help....but....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

Another example of what I am saying. WH is a beautiful person. I see she came on strong to you based on her own life experiences and I can totally understand if you don't like her any longer because of what she shared. I know that you don't know me from anyone else but I would go into a trench with her any day of the week. I love her, she is a real person. She let you have it, both barrels, but I promise you she would be the first person to be there with open arms for a big old hug if you decided that you were going to be open to what your friends in the 10C shared.
    But the avatar change fits.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Yeah I want to learn boxing. When I start earning money from employment it is my priority.
    Boxing is a waste of time, no matter how much you improve you can still get knocked out with 1 punch, jiu-jitsu is a much better self-defence system. Learn to avoid punches, take a person down, and choke them out or break their limbs, if necessary. Size doesn't matter, strength isn't important, it's all about technique and knowledge. Perfect for someone like you, and the confidence boost it will give you seems like it would go a long way towards improving your happiness.

Also, if you are so concerned about violence where you live, you should wear a big ass Bowie knife on your belt as a deterrent. You could even blunt the tip and the blade if you were worried about someone taking it and stabbing you. My buddy has a grill spatula that looks just like a mini-machete in it's sheath! He doesn't wear it for deterrence because he will whoop some ass at will, but you could.

Also, if you fly me to Australia I will whoop the guys ass when you aren't there and tell him to find another gym unless he wants more ass-whoopings.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Double post
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Boxing is a waste of time, no matter how much you improve you can still get knocked out with 1 punch, jiu-jitsu is a much better self-defence system. Learn to avoid punches, take a person down, and choke them out or break their limbs, if necessary. Size doesn't matter, strength isn't important, it's all about technique and knowledge. Perfect for someone like you, and the confidence boost it will give you seems like it would go a long way towards improving your happiness.

Also, if you are so concerned about violence where you live, you should wear a big ass Bowie knife on your belt as a deterrent. You could even blunt the tip and the blade if you were worried about someone taking it and stabbing you. My buddy has a grill spatula that looks just like a mini-machete in it's sheath! He doesn't wear it for deterrence because he will whoop some ass at will, but you could.

Also, if you fly me to Australia I will whoop the guys ass when you aren't there and tell him to find another gym unless he wants more ass-whoopings.
    I'm willing to bet if you confronted the guy and told him to leave "thoughts arrive" alone he wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about. I imagine he doesn't think of TA at all and this has been an over thought out issue.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2017

So somehow.. what I said, affected you enough to change your avatar.. what do I need to say that will make you change your LIFE??

You don't live in your mother's basement anymore, right? ( I sure hope you moved, cause your mom sounded horrible.. believe me I know about horrible Mom incidents.. that was the first post I read quite a while ago..), and you got enrolled in University again, which was another post.. so why can't you change YOU. No one is saying you have to be a jerk. I am that way because of all the crazy crap I have had to survive in life, unlearning it is what I'm having trouble with. You waste everyone's time here.. they offer.. you rebuke..

Seriously what will it take for you to change what needs changed most [you]. As for sad and pathetic
    .. YOU paint yourself that way. Go back and read all of your posts over the last 10 years... they are all carbon copies of this one. Ask/rebuke.. EVERY time. So dude.. what does it take.. what DOES it take?
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Do you know how happy I would be to see even ONE happy
    Post from you? And as for the state of violence in your country, my country has ya'll beat by a mile.. we still go on and live our lives. I honestly believe ( and it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong) that you thrive on the attention you get here. Screw the avatar, change your life, man.. start by seeing a life counselor, someone that can offer real and tangible help in rebuilding your life to YOUR standards..
  • Options

rgambs said:

I'm willing to bet if you confronted the guy and told him to leave "thoughts arrive" alone he wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about. I imagine he doesn't think of TA at all and this has been an over thought out issue.
    Hahaha if he flies me to Australia I won't bother confronting him about his behavior!

Me: "Hey guy, you need to find a new gym. Right now. Go."
    Weirdo: "What?"
    Me: "Get the fuck out of here, I'm counting to three and if you are still here I am going to beat your ass. Don't ask questions, just go."

After that, come what may lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Hahaha if he flies me to Australia I won't bother confronting him about his behavior!

Me: "Get the fuck out of here, I'm counting to three and if you are still here I am going to beat your ass. Don't ask questions, just go."

This just made me smile.. as I could totally see you doing this.

• Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

This just made me smile.. as I could totally see you doing this.

Some people ask themselves, "would I assault a stranger for a trip to Australia?" and some people ask themselves, "what's the best time of year to visit Melbourne?"
    I fall into the latter category.
  • Options

I have to say that when you make a post like this... it kind of lends support to what some of your 'critics' are saying. You're making excuses for yourself or at least building an alibi.

Weak wrists are only a temporary condition. If you choose... you could have strong wrists, but that would require, from my point of view, an attitude change. Limit the cardio you're doing and spend time strength training. Do it right and watch those wrists get stronger. Not only that... watch your self esteem spike as you please yourself looking in the mirror and see muscles reflected back at you.

Good luck, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Last piece of advice, get off the treadmill and go lift some weights. Treadmills are great but it sounds like OP needs confidence more than anything in his life. If you are unsure what to do watch the gym bros and what exercises they do. One of the beauties of the internet is you can watch videos on how to do each exercise. You can even watch them on your phone at the gym before each exercise. A little confidence in life can go a long way.

Now I wait for the reason why lifting any weights is not an option.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    ^^^
    "please yourself looking in the mirror" :giggle:
  • Options

^^^

I never said 'pleasure yourself looking in the mirror'.

That was not an innuendo. I am not the creepy/weird guy on the AET forum.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

^^^

Just a joke in a thread where some good advice is going to be ignored.
  • Options

^^^

I know. I'm playing along.
  • Options
    Your wrists will get stronger from stated mirror looking activities as well.
  • Options

Your wrists will get stronger from stated mirror looking activities as well.

Haha

I'm trying to distance myself from my poor selection of words.

F**ker

(but in reality... if he goes on a terror... like 3-4 times a day... 10 minutes a pop... that wrist is going to balloon)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    These last few posts are great. Ha.

Oh, and if you actually have the thought that your wrists are too weak then you definitely are too hard on yourself.
  • Options
    Weak wrists, bad knees, no muscles.
    Time to skip cardio and hit up the resistance training.
    If you haven't had prior wrist or knee injuries, weak/bad joints in young people are usually from overuse due to muscle atrophy.

But I'm sure you have plenty of excuses as to why you cant do a push up.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

^^^

This just made me :lol: in public.

Here's what it is.. if these people didn't truly care about you, they wouldn't respond to you at all. But you keep rejecting it.. dude you have burly Gym bros willing TO FLY TO
    MOTHERFUCKING
    AUSTRALIA.... to kick this guy's ass for you.. i'mma tell you the same thing
    I told JWPearl.. Get right with us. If you are truly this messed up.. then, TELL US.. but don't keep dragging everyone through the emotional pickadilly circle..
    If this not real, and you're truly just hiding behind excuses to escape the challenges of change. Then telling that.. but dude be real with us..
    One fellow Chihuahua to
    Another.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

^^^

Yeah, that's me.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options

^^^

This just made me :lol: in public.

Here's what it is.. if these people didn't truly care about you, they wouldn't respond to you at all. But you keep rejecting it.. dude you have burly Gym bros willing TO FLY TO
    MOTHERFUCKING
    AUSTRALIA.... to kick this guy's ass for you.. i'mma tell you the same thing
    I told JWPearl.. Get right with us. If you are truly this messed up.. then, TELL US.. but don't keep dragging everyone through the emotional pickadilly circle..
    If this not real, and you're truly just hiding behind excuses to escape the challenges of change. Then telling that.. but dude be real with us..
    One fellow Chihuahua to
    Another.
    Should clarify.. that I am not saying anyone should go kick Creepy Weird Gym guy's butt, this is 10club, not fight
    club.. but some serious gestures, and offers of friendship being made.. just saying..
This discussion has been closed.