Options

Springsteen at Australia Concert: 'We Stand Before You Embarrassed Americans'

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I will be getting rid of his vinyl records in my collection - more like banned in the USA!!!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/bruce-springsteen-australia-concert-embarrassed-americans-dont-hang

BS just made the "piss off and go away" list. what a tool !

Awesome, does someone need a safe space, some tissues, and some LEGO's to play with??
    ohhh I think BS can afford better than that but maybe you're right, lets all chip in and buy him a binki and a coloring book
    .....the one titled " poor Brucey", by the way, good morning !

Bruce is fine, it's you that needs the safe space. You need him to piss off and go away because he melted your snowflake heart with his free speech.
    Bruce is a big fake....
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    WE STAND BEFORE YOU EMBARASSED AMERICANS.... id be friggin embarassed too if i discovered my fans had no idea i wrote political songs.... does NO ONE listen to the words????? idiots. lmao... seriously
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

rgambs said:

I will be getting rid of his vinyl records in my collection - more like banned in the USA!!!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/bruce-springsteen-australia-concert-embarrassed-americans-dont-hang

Awesome, does someone need a safe space, some tissues, and some LEGO's to play with??
    ohhh I think BS can afford better than that but maybe you're right, lets all chip in and buy him a binki and a coloring book

Why do other peoples subjective feelings about their relationship to their country matter to you?

I don't get that. American patriotism and this weird holy cow your country has become to you is laughable.

The rest of the western world feels second hand embarrassment for you americans – would be weirder for sane people like Bruce not to be embarrassed.
    we are finally have an American in office who cares about America, despite all the mindless rambling from the left
    we are heading in a direction to get America back on track, BTW, your not American ? why is this so important to you then ?
    why don't you just relax in your country and enjoy yourself rather than talk about things that you know nothing about.

Because if the leading superpower in the world for example says that Climate Change is "a chinese hoax" and doesn't exist, and doesn't need to be fought – that affects the whole world. America doesn't exist in a vacuum – but you seem to not know, or not care about that. Which makes me think Bruce is less of a tool than you. Just a hunch.

And if you think banning muslims, disregarding climate change, disregarding renewable energy, not fighting your absurd gun-glorifying, having someone like Steve Bannon in the White House etc etc is getting "America back on track" then that is just sad.

But what do I know. I'm just an European who doesn't get butthurt if someone says something negative about my country and stings some idiotic nationalistic patriotism.

"Oh no, how can Bruce say something negative about our choice of president who entered office with the lowest approval ratings ever and that most people around the globe acknowledge as a buffoon"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Bruce is fine, it's you that needs the safe space. You need him to piss off and go away because he melted your snowflake heart with his free speech.
    Bruce is a big fake....
    Because he has an opinion and a political point of view?

How dare he. This is Nazi Germany! Just heil and smile!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited February 2017

rgambs said:

Why do other peoples subjective feelings about their relationship to their country matter to you?

I don't get that. American patriotism and this weird holy cow your country has become to you is laughable.

The rest of the western world feels second hand embarrassment for you americans – would be weirder for sane people like Bruce not to be embarrassed.
    we are finally have an American in office who cares about America, despite all the mindless rambling from the left
    we are heading in a direction to get America back on track, BTW, your not American ? why is this so important to you then ?
    why don't you just relax in your country and enjoy yourself rather than talk about things that you know nothing about.

I agree with these sentiments.

do you not understand the impact the government of the united states has around the world? do you not grasp the massive reach the american government has? do you know how many people AROUND THE WORLD are affected by the decisions made in DC? if not then you should be embarassed as well. there are decisions that YOUR government makes that affect MILLIONS of people OUTSIDE your borders so dont tell non american to sit down and shut up cause we dont live in the US.... dont ask us why this is important to us as if it doesnt affect us? dont tell us to just relax.... the government of the united states of america has been complicit in more death and destruction than even ISIS could possibly imagine... and you know those crazy bastards can imagine a whole lot. we know what your government does even if you dont, cause we know and we watch... we watch you all waving that big ol' flag of democracy and see the blood and tears and holy than thou bullshit that keeps it flying.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    We want to concentrate on taking care of the United States. I have always wondered why the US was meddling in foreign affairs that did not concern our country. So I am all for getting things in order here before getting involved with the rest of the world.
  • Options

We want to concentrate on taking care of the United States. I have always wondered why the US was meddling in foreign affairs that did not concern our country. So I am all for getting things in order here before getting involved with the rest of the world.

we are in agreeance on that... unfortunately the capitalist system of profit before people, of exploitation, of subjugation requires the meddling in others affairs. this game of my dicks bigger than your dick that fuels the military industrial complex is killing mankind... but somehow its become about security.. but security for whom. us? them? everyone? well obviously it not for everyone cause there needs to be an 'other' in order to fuel the hate machine and keep the 'aint got nothing to do with me' and the 'kill 'em all' crowds complacent. and yes i do know there were wars way before there was a capitalist system.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

its kind of like saying "i just want to associate with my own family and no one else. when i go to work, i help no one and talk to no one but myself. when i walk to the mail box, i ignore my neighbor who is waving from across the street. i do not shop or eat out, because that means someone might have to help me. i take care of myself."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605

rgambs said:

Sounds like he just loves America...

Imagine if Obama said this?!
  • Options

rgambs said:

Obama would put it in other words. But I doubt him or most people would argue that to not be true? I guess except for right winged "patriots".
  • Options

When you go for your brainwashing session this morning... try and find it in your heart to forgive him.

Your lord is floating in a cloud somewhere, simultaneously reading seven billion people's minds and watching their actions as well. He'd be disappointed in you, GF (at least until you say you're sorry with some hand gestures over your chest as well as tossing in a big, juicy offering).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    edited February 2017

rgambs said:

Obama would put it in other words. But I doubt him or most people would argue that to not be true? I guess except for right winged "patriots".
    I do not believe that Obama would ever absolve a leader (especially Russian) murdering people by saying anything of the sort
  • Options

rgambs said:

I do not believe that Obama would ever absolve a leader (especially Russian) murdering people by saying anything of the sort
    What I meant was, I doubt Obama would argue that America hasn't done a lot of shitty things in it's history.

He would obviously not use it to legitimise Putin.
  • Options

It wasn't 'we' when the previous president was in power. I know you tried backtracking, but remember when you said you fled the country because Obama sucked so bad? That wasn't very American of you.

Make America Great Again! Hahahahahahaha

Yah. For white, privileged males.
  • Options

rgambs said:

how many steps away from the actual weapon are we taking here? cause you and i both know presidents can and are reponsible for many deaths merely by not uettering the 'right' words. obama is in no position to absolve a killer without being a hypocrite.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

tbergs said:

It's a bit one sided to suggest that Bruce isn't able to speak his mind, but our president calls people and business failing piles of garbage. That is what shouldn't be said. That's embarrassing.

Trump could definitely learn to say things in a different way. But, he may speak that way for a reason....
    oh theres a reason... hes catering to the lowest common denominator. plus hes a buffoon who thinks bullying and belittling is a-ok.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I don't understand how anyone can make the assumption that President Obama doesn't love this country. It's the most infuriating thing on here. Then defending a President obviously putting his personal business interests ahead of the country is absolutely hypocrisy defined.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Actually, next to Ed, Jeff is by far the most politically outspoken.

If I saw Bruce, I would take a picture with him also. But then I would ask, why did you say those things in Australia?

why? timing... plus it was apt. hes here in oz touring at the moment and so felt it appropriate to comment on a phone conversation between his leader and ours that took place during this tour. simple. :)

Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

I don't understand how anyone can make the assumption that President Obama doesn't love this country. It's the most infuriating thing on here. Then defending a President obviously putting his personal business interests ahead of the country is absolutely hypocrisy defined.

It's mind numbing. It truly is.

One of these threads I read a comment where someone was saying we finally got a president that cares about the US.

Hahahahahahaha
  • Options

Racism and/or Fox News Brainwashing.

(not that he has to "love" his country)
  • Options
  • Options
    Free said:

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.
    Bruce is embarrassed. Are you saying 'don't speak freely'?
    Nope - just that he should use different words.
    Obviously you're not grasping the "free" part of "free speech".

Free =\= your perception of an issue
    Just wasn't smart on his part - just alienated a large part of his fanbase....
    Did he now? Like boycotting to play a NC gig did? If you're looking to be offended, you're late.

im sure the wounded springsteen fans will get over it... afterall he was speaking for the band, not them and not the people of america.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

• Options

oh its no secret. ;):) lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

rgambs said:

Because if the leading superpower in the world for example says that Climate Change is "a chinese hoax" and doesn't exist, and doesn't need to be fought – that affects the whole world. America doesn't exist in a vacuum – but you seem to not know, or not care about that. Which makes me think Bruce is less of a tool than you. Just a hunch.

And if you think banning muslims, disregarding climate change, disregarding renewable energy, not fighting your absurd gun-glorifying, having someone like Steve Bannon in the White House etc etc is getting "America back on track" then that is just sad.

But what do I know. I'm just an European who doesn't get butthurt if someone says something negative about my country and stings some idiotic nationalistic patriotism.

"Oh no, how can Bruce say something negative about our choice of president who entered office with the lowest approval ratings ever and that most people around the globe acknowledge as a buffoon"
    Bravo bravo it's amazing that more Americans aren't embarrassed by president Bafoon !! Thanks to the powers that be for artist like Bruce .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Simple answer. Some people are morons.

Next question
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Let me say this very clearly... I'm an American... born & raised... white... male...

And I'm totally embarrassed that this clown is my president. And i'm totally embarassed for my country.

Guess what? I don't give a hoot what anybody thinks about me. Now feel free to go wave your flags if it makes you feel better, snowflake.