• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    That is truly tremendous!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

So things weren't going your way here in the USA; instead of trying to change things and make them better you ran to Europe for two years?

Lol

Proud to be American!

Not like that Bruce guy who's embarrassed to be American.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

mcgruff10 said:

So things weren't going your way here in the USA; instead of trying to change things and make them better you ran to Europe for two years?

Lol

Proud to be American!

Not like that Bruce guy who's embarrassed to be American.
    temporary embarrassment. Bruce is leading the Resistance down under
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    He is like Bon Jovi and Nickelback, sells some records but not many will really admit to being a fan.
  • Options
    unsung said:

He is like Bon Jovi and Nickelback, sells some records but not many will really admit to being a fan.

Wwwhhhhhhaaaaaattt?!??
  • Options
    tbergs said:

That is truly tremendous!
    Amazing
  • Options
    unsung said:

Ok. Sure. If you say so.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If you weren't a fan of PJ you'd barely hear of him anymore.

You know it is true.
  • Options
    unsung said:

You know it is true.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaaat?

Dude, I thought you were mildly credible until this
  • Options
    unsung said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    unsung said:

You know it is true.

Out of all the odd things you've said, this is one of the odder ones.

You need to get out of that compound of yours more.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I am being serious. He makes his money by touring, he haan't released anything relevant since the 80's.

Kinda like Metallica.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    unsung said:

Bruce and u2 are probably the two biggest bands in the world. Bruce sells out everywhere!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.
    Bruce is embarrassed. Are you saying 'don't speak freely'?
    Nope - just that he should use different words.
    Obviously you're not grasping the "free" part of "free speech".

Free =\= your perception of an issue
    Just wasn't smart on his part - just alienated a large part of his fanbase....
    I think Bruce knows what he's doing, always being political etc... but I bet he's thankful for your concern...

(Not sure why it would be wrong saying you're embarrassed of your country btw. Get of that stupid nationalistic horse "America")
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    unsung said:

I am being serious. He makes his money by touring, he haan't released anything relevant since the 80's.

Kinda like Metallica.

Oh... okey, you know nothing...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    unsung said:

Kinda like Metallica.

Though strangely enough each of his last four albums have hit #1 in the US and much of the rest of the world. Possibly not relevant to you, though.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsung said:

Kinda like Metallica.

Except that's not what you said
  • Options

unsung said:

Kinda like Metallica.

Except that's not what you said
    Record sales reflect it.
  • Options
    And if he wants to Dixie Chicks himself and get right next to Madonna then let him.
  • Options
    unsung said:

C'mon man.

I know you like being oppositional, but this is going too far. And to boot... you tossed Metallica in the same 'irrelevant' category.

Enough of the silliness.
  • Options

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.
    Bruce is embarrassed. Are you saying 'don't speak freely'?
    Nope - just that he should use different words.
    Obviously you're not grasping the "free" part of "free speech".

Free =\= your perception of an issue
    Just wasn't smart on his part - just alienated a large part of his fanbase....
    You weren't around during the Reagan and W years were you? He said MUCH worse than this and guess what? He still sells out the largest venues in America and around the world. I'm fairly certain his tour last year touring The River was one of the highest grossing tours of the year. He is just fine without you and likeminded people. It's your loss. You're the one missing on great music because he simply did what we all have the right to do.

What if I said pipe fitters (or whatever you are) shouldn't be allowed to speak your minds on politics? Why should musicians and artists be held to another standard?
    As much as Charles Barkley would like to say,"I am not a role model." Stars and the like are role models and should be held to another standard. But unfortunately the "Stars" handlers/controllers often influence what the "Stars" do and say. It's unfortunate money has made many "Stars" cowtail toward one political party or view.
    So if someone is embarrassed that their country could be stupid enough to someone like Donald Trump president, they're "cow tailing toward one political party or view"? And when Bruce speaks up against Donald trump, it's handlers and controllers that have influenced that?

And in what way would what Bruce said be something "unfit" for a "role model" to say...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I will be getting rid of his vinyl records in my collection - more like banned in the USA!!!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/bruce-springsteen-australia-concert-embarrassed-americans-dont-hang

ah just enjoy the music, many musicians as they grow older lose that passion and forget what made their music so attractive. he can now afford to lose a few that share your opinion. what happened to rebel rock anyway? have I grown older and out of touch also?
    25 years ago today

100,000 Obama bombs later
    I know you think you're putting us PJ libs in an idol worship double bind, but what dis Ed say about Bill Clinton dropping bombs? Maybe during his visit to the White House?

• Options

Actually, next to Ed, Jeff is by far the most politically outspoken.

If I saw Bruce, I would take a picture with him also. But then I would ask, why did you say those things in Australia?
    And he would say something like; "Because our country is run by a fucking idiot, who wants to treat people as second class citizens based on their religion and denies the very real threat of climate change."

And, what would be the problem?

"But Bruce... you're a role model.. you should just stay silent... because of... reasons"
  • Options
    unsung said:

And if he wants to Dixie Chicks himself and get right next to Madonna then let him.

So then, why so butthurt..?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    I think Unsung and Buck are trolling hardcore in this thread and are seeing how much traction they can get with each ridiculous statement. Just like the idiot in the WH.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

You start a thread about your belief that Bruce Springsteen is unpatriotic because he's embarrassed of the President's actions, then you yourself start nonsensical talk of an absolute proven conspiracy theory and BRUCE is the one who is unpatriotic and embarrassed?? Whatever man. I don't have The Rising on vinyl. I'll take that one.

No, he's embarrassed to be American.
    And why do you get so hurt by him being that? It's his opinion... He's not speaking for you. he speaks for himself.
  • Options

I will be getting rid of his vinyl records in my collection - more like banned in the USA!!!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/bruce-springsteen-australia-concert-embarrassed-americans-dont-hang

I wish to revisit Scruffy's point:

Bruce says he's an 'embarrassed' American speaking to a crowd in Australia.

Buck denounces America and moves to Europe because things aren't the way he likes in America.

Who's unpatriotic?
  • Options

unsung said:

C'mon man.

I know you like being oppositional, but this is going too far. And to boot... you tossed Metallica in the same 'irrelevant' category.

Enough of the silliness.
    C'mon, Metallica??? That is a whole 'nother thread. Has beens.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

C'mon man.

Enough of the silliness.
    C'mon, Metallica??? That is a whole 'nother thread. Has beens.

This is you in this thread: