Springsteen at Australia Concert: 'We Stand Before You Embarrassed Americans'

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited February 2017
    The snowflakes that need safezones usually reside on the left....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Says the guy who fled to Europe because "Waaah, Obama!"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited February 2017

though i do reside on the left side of the spectrum, i can assure you i am no snowflake... nor do i require a safezone of any kind.

the current US president is a bellicose man who has no diplomatic skills of any kind, which makes him dangerous... being leader of your country isnt a reality tv show... it isnt about closing the next deal at any cost or at horrendous cost... its about compromise and finding the best way through so that EVERYONE comes out alive, both figuratively and literally. its not about chucking a hissy fit cause someone said something mean about you . its about having at least a small modicum of dignity whe dealing with other leaders and people of importance. its not about big noting yourself with false truisms because youre insecure in the position youve found yourself in. mr trump needs good people around him , not the woefully underqualified grim reapers he has at present. i believe if he surrounds himself with competent people he will last the 4 years.. if not... well who knows...

Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • You should look in the mirror before calling anyone snowflake, Mr. I don't like what you said so I'm going to sell my vinyls.

Also, nine pages in and none of us have any new Bruce vinyls. Probably time to shit or get off the pot.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

I'm more of the mind, if you don't like it leave. What happened with all of those celebrities who said they would move if Trump won?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

I'm more of the mind, if you don't like it leave. What happened with all of those celebrities who said they would move if Trump won?
    they live in australia now. ;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The snowflakes that need safezones usually reside on the left....

Man, first you say you fled. Then you say you didn't. Now you're saying you did again.

It's hard to keep up with you. Okay though- we've come to the place where you say you did flee the country (presumably seeking better elsewhere). This hardly makes you the MT expert patriot meter reader.

Tip: stay down on the mat for the ten count. You've never gone 'full moron' before (Tropic Thunder reference) with generally reasonable ideology- even though I don't agree with some of the things you've stated in the past. In this instance however, I feel you're about to.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Everyday things are getting better...........
  • You're insane if you actually believe that things are getting better. You're being blind for ego reasons. Even the GOP in Washington are privately saying that we are on a slippery slope already.
  • Everyday things are getting better...........

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself.
    PM me and I will give you tips and techniques for better trolling.

Just because I do not go along with the groupthink that occurs on this forum, I think not....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

this is funny as hell! nice work!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • You believe pizzagate...that's all I'll say. Please go on with how we're groupthink here.
  • Everyday things are getting better...........

Just because I do not go along with the groupthink that occurs on this forum, I think not....
    Lol

You do 'think'. Give yourself a bit of credit, man. I mean, this hypocritical attack on Bruce hasn't been your finest moment, but it's not your only moment.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017

*** post of the year ***

That's well played and very funny :)

There is nothing any of you could say that would hurt MY feelings. I am an adult with MY own opinions. I like that the United States is supposedly a land where free speech is allowed/encouraged. I would never say I was embarrassed to be an American. That is down-right un-patriotic. Bruce can go piss up a rope....

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    edited February 2017

rgambs said:

I will be getting rid of his vinyl records in my collection - more like banned in the USA!!!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/bruce-springsteen-australia-concert-embarrassed-americans-dont-hang

BS just made the "piss off and go away" list. what a tool !

Awesome, does someone need a safe space, some tissues, and some LEGO's to play with??
    ohhh I think BS can afford better than that but maybe you're right, lets all chip in and buy him a binki and a coloring book
    .....the one titled " poor Brucey", by the way, good morning !

Why do other peoples subjective feelings about their relationship to their country matter to you?

I don't get that. American patriotism and this weird holy cow your country has become to you is laughable.

The rest of the western world feels second hand embarrassment for you americans – would be weirder for sane people like Bruce not to be embarrassed.
    we are finally have an American in office who cares about America, despite all the mindless rambling from the left
    we are heading in a direction to get America back on track, BTW, your not American ? why is this so important to you then ?
    why don't you just relax in your country and enjoy yourself rather than talk about things that you know nothing about.

I agree with these sentiments.
    Really? So how were we off track? And in what ways did Obama not care about our country?
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

If you don't like it, leave, so that I can have my safe space where my snowflake heart won't melt at the sound of your unpatriotic free speech??
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What country did you move to Buck? I assume you're back in the states now?
    my2hands said:

What country did you move to Buck? I assume you're back in the states now?

Ireland
    rgambs said:

If you don't like it, leave, so that I can have my safe space where my snowflake heart won't melt at the sound of your unpatriotic free speech??
    Exactly
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

:rofl: Bravo
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

This is why, despite arguing with you all the time, I still enjoy your presence.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Does anyone really give a bUCK what Bruce or any artist has to say?? I sure as he'll don't give a rat's ass! (Hey where's speedy been?)
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394 said:

Does anyone really give a bUCK what Bruce or any artist has to say?? I sure as he'll don't give a rat's ass! (Hey where's speedy been?)

So.. you don't care about lyrics either?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Wma31394 said:

So.. you don't care about lyrics either?
    I like good lyrics..i don't let the bad ones bother me.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423

We want to concentrate on taking care of the United States. I have always wondered why the US was meddling in foreign affairs that did not concern our country. So I am all for getting things in order here before getting involved with the rest of the world.

because the american corporations with interests in exploiting the resources of other countries REQUIRE our government to do so. In the name of their profit and shareholders. Been that way for about 120 years or so.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425

its the right that can't handle the Trump hate. its making them use unoriginal and nonsensical names like 'snowflake'
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    vaggar99 said:

its the right that can't handle the Trump hate. its making them use unoriginal and nonsensical names like 'snowflake'
    Don't forget their other favorite new terms...
    Triggered
    Safe zones