Another Attack in France (Nice)

Comments

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682

I guess we gave up on thread integrity a long time ago :disappointed:

What did you want for integrity of this thread?
    Root causes?
    Perhaps a conversation why this happened?
    What?
    Well I don't know why it's turned into a discussion on Obama! FFS right now the information indicates that the perpetrator in Nice was mentally ill and on medication. Just because he was a Muslim everyone has decided this attack should become part of the big conversation on what to do about radical Islam. How about you have that discussion on a thread where it is more clearly relevant? This thread was created to discuss events in Nice, no?
    The "events" in Nice as you call them have everything to do with radical islam. Not Obama.
    http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/latest-from-nice-pm-calls-driver-terrorist-linked-to-radical-islam-1.2988025
    Unless the PM has info he's not sharing with us, then to me it seemed like a premature and ill-advised link to make. If it turns out to be true, then fine but I want actual facts and evidence
    You will never get this and will always be asking that question unless you make up your mind.
    Make up my mind about what? What are you on about? Like any rational person, I don't jump to quick judgements until I have all the facts
    Well here are two facts.
    The "events" in Nice are linked to radical Islam.
    and
    you don't see this
    Well I'm impressed that you are somehow better informed than the world's media, good for you

This is a conversational black hole, you may as well just talk to yourself, it's not like anyone else's opinions matter to you anyway
    you should not feed trolls if you want to have an actual discussion consisting of facts.
    I know, I know, should have known better
  • This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

is it obama's fault the sky is blue now too? jesus.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.
    he is the commander and chief right.....sad as it is and every time he talks about muslims he say's nothing or very little about their involvement in terrorist attacks, he's just another excuse maker. look at our country since he's been elected....a friggin mess ! I can't wait until he leaves office.

Godfather.

In what way is this country a mess since he's been elected? Let's use actual measures...

Let's start with unemployment? That has surely gone through the roof? Oh, yeah, right...

How about the GDP? Oh yeah, right....

How about the number of soldiers killed in wars? Oh yeah, right...

How about the number of civilians killed by terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, right...

How about the number of people with health insurance? Oh yeah, right...

Do you propose we look at anything else? Or is this just more of your idiocy?

don't forget america's image. it has drastically improved the world over.

we were not necessarily the most liked of countries when cowboy w and dick were running the show.

you stop threatening people, people start to want to try to like you again.
    And believe it or not, violent crime is down...

So, still waiting to hear any details about how awful things are...
    Then why all the bitching about guns?

Who is benefiting from all this GDP? Seems like the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow.

The world is getting more destabilized by the day. Britain voted to get out of the EU. Some of the most liberal countries in Europe are closing their boarders.

Liberals complain about everything but at the same time praise Obama about all his accomplishments. They are hollow accomplishments.

you conveniently left out that 5 million brits asked for a do-over vote and that they regret voting to leave. but if it doesn't fit the narrative i can see why.
    Fact - You conveniently left out that no matter how many people want a do-over they can't.
    Liberal on the fence no decision makers made this happen.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

I understand you don't agree with me but this could have been avoided for the most part by not letting them in ours and other countries and unless Obama gets off his muslim loving ass it will only get worse or if/ when Trump is elected things will change. perfect reason not to vote for Hillary.

Godfather.

this could all have been avoided if the US didn't go to iraq. American and British foreign policy created a whole generation of people a reason to hate all democratic "western" nations.
    he is the commander and chief right.....sad as it is and every time he talks about muslims he say's nothing or very little about their involvement in terrorist attacks, he's just another excuse maker. look at our country since he's been elected....a friggin mess ! I can't wait until he leaves office.

Godfather.

In what way is this country a mess since he's been elected? Let's use actual measures...

Let's start with unemployment? That has surely gone through the roof? Oh, yeah, right...

How about the number of civilians killed by terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, right...

we were not necessarily the most liked of countries when cowboy w and dick were running the show.

Who is benefiting from all this GDP? Seems like the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow.

The world is getting more destabilized by the day. Britain voted to get out of the EU. Some of the most liberal countries in Europe are closing their boarders.

Liberals complain about everything but at the same time praise Obama about all his accomplishments. They are hollow accomplishments.

you conveniently left out that 5 million brits asked for a do-over vote and that they regret voting to leave. but if it doesn't fit the narrative i can see why.
    Fact - You conveniently left out that no matter how many people want a do-over they can't.
    no, stupid right wing trumpian politicians made it happen. then they bailed and decided that they did not want to hold major government positions afterward.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Root causes?
    What?
    Well I don't know why it's turned into a discussion on Obama! FFS right now the information indicates that the perpetrator in Nice was mentally ill and on medication. Just because he was a Muslim everyone has decided this attack should become part of the big conversation on what to do about radical Islam. How about you have that discussion on a thread where it is more clearly relevant? This thread was created to discuss events in Nice, no?
    The "events" in Nice as you call them have everything to do with radical islam. Not Obama.
    http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/latest-from-nice-pm-calls-driver-terrorist-linked-to-radical-islam-1.2988025
    Unless the PM has info he's not sharing with us, then to me it seemed like a premature and ill-advised link to make. If it turns out to be true, then fine but I want actual facts and evidence
    You will never get this and will always be asking that question unless you make up your mind.
    Make up my mind about what? What are you on about? Like any rational person, I don't jump to quick judgements until I have all the facts
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    People can make links and draw conclusions all they like but that doesn't necessarily make them valid. The facts we have suggest that the attacker was a man with a history of violence, both within the family and with strangers. He has a conviction for a violent offence. There is no evidence that he was affiliated with or directed by any radical groups, and none have claimed responsibility (I hate to call it "credit") for the attack. Driving a truck into a crowd of people is not a sophisticated attack that requires coordination or planning. Ar this point he appears to be a violent guy who seized on an opportunity to commit violence on a massive scale, but that doesn't make this an ISIS-led terrorist attack. To assume it does gives them too much credit and feeds the terror machine, the fears of world-wide annihilation. They would be very pleased by that.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/16/europe/france-attack-on-nice-isis/index.html?adkey=bn

Could be ISIS related afterall. Still not official yet.

This is just getting to be too much. This is how we are going to have to live forever. Always that fear in the back of our minds.

Godfather.

Godfather.

It doesn't matter. The point was they did it and the world continues to devolve.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519

Godfather.

Godfather.

no, stupid right wing trumpian politicians made it happen. then they bailed and decided that they did not want to hold major government positions afterward.
    What the hell does Trump have to do with a vote in Britain? He's that powerful abroad already?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    People can make links and draw conclusions all they like but that doesn't necessarily make them valid. The facts we have suggest that the attacker was a man with a history of violence, both within the family and with strangers. He has a conviction for a violent offence. There is no evidence that he was affiliated with or directed by any radical groups, and none have claimed responsibility (I hate to call it "credit") for the attack. Driving a truck into a crowd of people is not a sophisticated attack that requires coordination or planning. Ar this point he appears to be a violent guy who seized on an opportunity to commit violence on a massive scale, but that doesn't make this an ISIS-led terrorist attack. To assume it does gives them too much credit and feeds the terror machine, the fears of world-wide annihilation. They would be very pleased by that.
    Actually, you could probably blame Stephen King as much as anyone. I'm not but just sayin. Not that the idea is that original, but he is the most popular writer of our time and just had a best selling trilogy that starts out with this basic premise.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Actually, you could probably blame Stephen King as much as anyone. I'm not but just sayin. Not that the idea is that original, but he is the most popular writer of our time and just had a best selling trilogy that starts out with this basic premise.
    Sure, you could draw lots of links. Which isn't to say that I'm denying there could be a formal link to a terrorist group; just that I'd prefer not to jump to conclusions and give them too much power.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    I just saw this:

Police arrest three in Nice as Islamic State claims truck attack
    By Richard Lough,Reuters 21 minutes ago Comments

By Richard Lough

NICE, France (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility for the truck attack in the French city of Nice on Saturday and police arrested three more people there after the carnage that claimed the lives of at least 84 people.

"The person who carried out the operation in Nice, France, to run down people was one of the soldiers of Islamic State," the news agency Amaq, which supports the militant Islamist group, said via its Telegram account.

"He carried out the operation in response to calls to target nationals of states that are part of the coalition fighting Islamic State," the statement said.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Sure, you could draw lots of links. Which isn't to say that I'm denying there could be a formal link to a terrorist group; just that I'd prefer not to jump to conclusions and give them too much power.
    Agree. I was sharing your view. It would be nice if our President took the same approach of not jumping to convenient conclusions with police shootings.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

We're in a hell of a lot better shape than we were the day he took office.

Turn on the tv. Nobody in their right mind believes this.
    And by turn on the TV, you mean turn on Fox News. If you think this country is in worse shape today than 2008, you are incredibly naive.
    Things were not great in 2008 but right now your country and this world is teetering on the edge of disaster.
    No its not.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    No, it is worse when terrorists in Iraq and Syria don't even need to coordinate the attacks that happen in France and the USA. They are winning.

This is why we need to fight terrorism in the middle east and not bring the fight to the West through migration. Sure 95% won't become terrorists, but that 5% will create more chaos than we will know how to deal with. It happened in France. It happened. It is right in front of our faces yet some of you still deny it.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663

Godfather.

Godfather.

Actually and factually the vote is not binding...

This is because parliament is sovereign and referendums are generally not binding in the UK.
    Parliament can choose to ignore the vote.

Godfather.

Godfather.

What the hell does Trump have to do with a vote in Britain? He's that powerful abroad already?
    because the leaders were uneducated blowhards just like trump. they whipped unimformed people up into a tizzy, got them to vote the way they wanted them to vote, and bailed when they found out how hard it would be to lead. the exact same thing trump is doing and will do when things get hard.

drawing links before we have all the information?

you know who else drew links? bill cosby, with mortimer ichabod marker

• dudemandudeman Posts: 3,045
    I wonder who he violated the day that picture was taken.

Oops! Sorry. Too soon?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

Godfather.

Godfather.

because the leaders were uneducated blowhards just like trump. they whipped unimformed people up into a tizzy, got them to vote the way they wanted them to vote, and bailed when they found out how hard it would be to lead. the exact same thing trump is doing and will do when things get hard.
    What have you accomplished vs what Trump has accomplished? What makes you believe he's uninformed? What makes you think the British folks are uninformed?

Oh, yeah. They don't agree with you. Aren't you a physical therapist? What do you know of world affairs that all those people don't? what is your information based on that theirs isn't? I'm baffled by how educated you are on what other people know.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

And by turn on the TV, you mean turn on Fox News. If you think this country is in worse shape today than 2008, you are incredibly naive.
    Things were not great in 2008 but right now your country and this world is teetering on the edge of disaster.
    No its not.
    Ok.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-16/war-coming-and-global-financial-situation-lot-worse-you-may-think
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016

Godfather.

Godfather.

What have you accomplished vs what Trump has accomplished? What makes you believe he's uninformed? What makes you think the British folks are uninformed?

Oh, yeah. They don't agree with you. Aren't you a physical therapist? What do you know of world affairs that all those people don't? what is your information based on that theirs isn't? I'm baffled by how educated you are on what other people know.
    What makes you think a non politician like Trump knows everything about it?

See? I can post strawmen too!
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

No its not.
    Ok.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-16/war-coming-and-global-financial-situation-lot-worse-you-may-think
    I love when people post links from notoriously screwy sites like zero hedge.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

Things were

Godfather.

Godfather.

Have you not been paying attention at all? Over and over he has shown himself to be completely uninformed, which isn't surprising since he consults with himself lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Agree. I was sharing your view. It would be nice if our President took the same approach of not jumping to convenient conclusions with police shootings.
    Nailed it buddy. Some might say the biggest Fraud in the history of American Presidents acts " Stupidly" when he blabbers about incidents that haven't even been investigated yet. How many days left do we have of this Bad Joke???
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Well I'm impressed that you are somehow better informed than the world's media, good for you

This is a conversational black hole, you may as well just talk to yourself, it's not like anyone else's opinions matter to you anyway
    you should not feed trolls if you want to have an actual discussion consisting of facts.

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this

And that's when you know you "got 'em" Jnim when that stuff comes out.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    just like you could blame tom clancy for 9/11.... afterall he had a disgruntled fellow flying a jet into the capitol whereby making jack ryan president of the USA.not that that happened... but you get my drift ;) .

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    No, it is worse when terrorists in Iraq and Syria don't even need to coordinate the attacks that happen in France and the USA. They are winning.

This is why we need to fight terrorism in the middle east and not bring the fight to the West through migration. Sure 95% won't become terrorists, but that 5% will create more chaos than we will know how to deal with. It happened in France. It happened. It is right in front of our faces yet some of you still deny it.

Ok then you at ready man up join the army marines what have you , or if you have any kids of fighting age have them join and send them over there to fight for your freedom that is being threatened !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    muskydan said:

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    Nailed it buddy. Some might say the biggest Fraud in the history of American Presidents acts " Stupidly" when he blabbers about incidents that haven't even been investigated yet. How many days left do we have of this Bad Joke???
    Biggest fraud? How so?

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

BS44325 said:

seanwon said:

Godfather.

No its not.
    Ok.

I love when people post links from notoriously screwy sites like zero hedge.
    You said that much nicer than I would have.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    What does Obama have to do with This attack ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Root causes?
    What?
    Well here are two facts.
    and
    you don't see this
    What does Obama have to do with This attack ?
    Where have you been?
    Don't you know that President Obama is to blame for everything bad that has ever happened. Back to and including the crufiixtion.
    D'uh! :dizzy: