2017 Pearl Jam Tour Rumor Thread

1646566676870»

Comments

  • cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BRPosts: 1,008
    JojoRice said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    my2hands said:

    I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already

    I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    Agreed!!!!! Give us some tour dates!
    dont make sense another tour. 5 years of LB tour?? since 2013 any new song.
    I think we need a new album and in paralel of this, DVD from past tours
    bra.gifPorto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 por.gifLisbon, Portugal 10.07.2010 bra.gifCuritiba, Brasil 09.11.2011 bra.gifPorto Alegre, Brasil 11.11.2011 bra.gifSão Paulo, Brasil 31.03.2013 usa.gifPhoenix, USA 19.11.2013 usa.gifSan Diego, USA 21.11.2013 usa.gifLos Angeles I, USA 23.11.2013 usa.gifLos Angeles II, USA 24.11.2013 usa.gifOakland, USA 26.11.2013 bra.gif EV - São Paulo, Brasil 06.05.2014 bra.gif EV - São Paulo, Brasil 07.05.2014 bra.gif EV - São Paulo, Brasil 08.05.2014 usa.gifDetroit, USA 16.10.2014 usa.gifSt. Paul, USA 19.11.2014 usa.gifMilwaukee, USA 20.11.2014 arg.gifBuenos Aires, Argentina 07.11.2015 bra.gifPorto Alegre, Brasil 11.11.2015 bra.gifSão Paulo, Brasil 14.11.2015 bra.gifBrasília, Brasil 17.11.2015 bra.gifBelo Horizonte, Brasil 20.03.2015 bra.gifRio de Janeiro, Brasil 22.11.2015 usa.gifWrigley 1, USA 20.08.2016 usa.gifWrigley 2, USA 22.08.2016 Next: bra.gifbra.gifbra.gifbra.gifbra.gifbra.gifbra.gif
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 241
    PJNB said:

    bbiggs said:

    PJNB said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    my2hands said:

    I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already

    I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    Ya I really do not get the hype for the Wrigley package. Sure it will be direct footage from the band but I would watch that once and never again probably. Give us some November dates or a time frame for a new album please.
    I think the hype for Wrigley is because it seems less and less likely that we're getting PJ shows in 2017 as the days go by. A Wrigley package would be the next best thing to a tour announcement or album release. I'd love nothing more than to get news of some shows late in the year, but if it's not happening I'd take something cool to watch/listen to in the meantime.
    I want the boots just as much as the next person but I just am not that hyped for the package I guess. I would have rathered the boots released first like the Fenway shows with a disclaimer that they have something bigger planned.
    I'm with ya. Wish they'd give us an idea of what the next big thing is and when also. It continues to be hope and speculation at this point.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 1,168
    PJNB said:

    bbiggs said:

    PJNB said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    my2hands said:

    I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already

    I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    Ya I really do not get the hype for the Wrigley package. Sure it will be direct footage from the band but I would watch that once and never again probably. Give us some November dates or a time frame for a new album please.
    I think the hype for Wrigley is because it seems less and less likely that we're getting PJ shows in 2017 as the days go by. A Wrigley package would be the next best thing to a tour announcement or album release. I'd love nothing more than to get news of some shows late in the year, but if it's not happening I'd take something cool to watch/listen to in the meantime.
    I want the boots just as much as the next person but I just am not that hyped for the package I guess. I would have rathered the boots released first like the Fenway shows with a disclaimer that they have something bigger planned.
    I wish they released the "standard" audio of the shows like the rest of the 2016 shows.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 12,034
    my2hands said:

    I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already

    I was kidding by the way lol
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 10,860
    edited April 17
    Who cares about the DVD unless its got some cool documentary non show bits, we already have the bootlegs.

    Also what's with all these EV shows...I guess PJ Nov/Dec.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 333
    I was just going to ask, with another EV solo show announced today, are we thinking he's going to do a full US tour- whether large or small?
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 5,989
    my2hands said:

    I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already

    Totally agree. I'd love a DVD but I doubt I would watch this all the way through more than once. Like someone else mentioned... I prefer my videos in short bursts from YouTube. Who has time to regularly watch a 3 hour concert DVD?
    1996: Randall's Island 2
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG 1 & 2
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3, Boston 1, Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia, Uniondale, MSG 1 & 2, Holmdel
    2005: Atlantic City 1
    2006: Camden 1, East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Newark(EV)
    2009: Philadelphia 1, 2, & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Brooklyn 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Baltimore
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway Park 2, MSG(TOTD)
    2017: Brooklyn(RnRHOF)
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,326
    I agree with the recent comments about the DVD. However, I think I'd rather they release a mix of the two nights (as opposed to both entire shows) if only to spark debate (not heated arguments, mind you) about what songs they chose to include (and which ones they omitted).
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USAPosts: 4,249
    rummy said:

    I agree with the recent comments about the DVD. However, I think I'd rather they release a mix of the two nights (as opposed to both entire shows) if only to spark debate (not heated arguments, mind you) about what songs they chose to include (and which ones they omitted).

    Yes--my prediction is the DVD will be called Let's Play Two and will be a combination of songs from each Wrigley show last August. It will have other short films like playing on the roof of Murphy's etc. At that point hopefully they will release the audio bootlegs from the Wrigley shows and maybe even 2013? (I can dream). It's been ten years since a concert DVD so I'm all for something new. The youtube shows are great and all but I'm pretty sure a Danny Clinch directed film would be better. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16

    New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 12,034

    rummy said:

    I agree with the recent comments about the DVD. However, I think I'd rather they release a mix of the two nights (as opposed to both entire shows) if only to spark debate (not heated arguments, mind you) about what songs they chose to include (and which ones they omitted).

    Yes--my prediction is the DVD will be called Let's Play Two and will be a combination of songs from each Wrigley show last August. It will have other short films like playing on the roof of Murphy's etc. At that point hopefully they will release the audio bootlegs from the Wrigley shows and maybe even 2013? (I can dream). It's been ten years since a concert DVD so I'm all for something new. The youtube shows are great and all but I'm pretty sure a Danny Clinch directed film would be better. :)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 12,034
    edited April 20
    I have a theory...

    The band plays 2 shows at Wrigley this summer... perhaps the weekend previously mentioned... they announce these are there only shows of the year... then at the same time they announce the Wrigley dvd with a presale and an on sale date that lines up with the shows... PJ Wrigleymania begins and it cements PJ essentially having a residency @ Wrigley Field... it would help create a buzz and sell the physical dvd/blu ray which is becoming harder by the day for anything outside of Star Wars lol

    They could announce the shows with fairly short notice and sell out in seconds... with Ed's connections the logistics are probably cake... Theo can make it happen with a snap of the fingers... and they could keep it quiet which would explain nothing blowing in the wind (except those pennants)... and they could secure a TON of 10c tix...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • dankinddankind Everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 8,666
    Let's play two summer 2017?

    New double album drops this this summer?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:

    Let's play two summer 2017?

    New double album drops this this summer?

    here's hoping!

  • bbisonbbison Posts: 138
    my2hands said:

    I have a theory...

    The band plays 2 shows at Wrigley this summer... perhaps the weekend previously mentioned... they announce these are there only shows of the year... then at the same time they announce the Wrigley dvd with a presale and an on sale date that lines up with the shows... PJ Wrigleymania begins and it cements PJ essentially having a residency @ Wrigley Field... it would help create a buzz and sell the physical dvd/blu ray which is becoming harder by the day for anything outside of Star Wars lol

    They could announce the shows with fairly short notice and sell out in seconds... with Ed's connections the logistics are probably cake... Theo can make it happen with a snap of the fingers... and they could keep it quiet which would explain nothing blowing in the wind (except those pennants)... and they could secure a TON of 10c tix...

    I like your enthusiasm...that said, Wrigley already has a record 10 concerts booked for 2017:

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-wrigley-field-concerts-htmlstory.html
    http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20170307/BLOGS04/170309895/cubs-add-record-10th-wrigley-summer-concert

    11 or 12 is highly unlikely at best. Unless PJ plays a day game!

    Is this where the show list goes?

    11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-8-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 /
    10-25-03 / 10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 /
    10-21-13 / 11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 /
    4-8-16 / 4-9-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,184
    I remember when I was complaining about "2017 will probably be overseas tour and a few festivals in the us, oh boy I hate festival pj"

    Ok I take it back, give me festival pj for 2017. Something. Anything. Please!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame
Sign In or Register to comment.