We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
    JojoRice said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already

I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    Agreed!!!!! Give us some tour dates!
    dont make sense another tour. 5 years of LB tour?? since 2013 any new song.
    I think we need a new album and in paralel of this, DVD from past tours
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:

bbiggs said:

PJNB said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    Ya I really do not get the hype for the Wrigley package. Sure it will be direct footage from the band but I would watch that once and never again probably. Give us some November dates or a time frame for a new album please.
    I think the hype for Wrigley is because it seems less and less likely that we're getting PJ shows in 2017 as the days go by. A Wrigley package would be the next best thing to a tour announcement or album release. I'd love nothing more than to get news of some shows late in the year, but if it's not happening I'd take something cool to watch/listen to in the meantime.
    I want the boots just as much as the next person but I just am not that hyped for the package I guess. I would have rathered the boots released first like the Fenway shows with a disclaimer that they have something bigger planned.
    I'm with ya. Wish they'd give us an idea of what the next big thing is and when also. It continues to be hope and speculation at this point.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PJNB said:

bbiggs said:

PJNB said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Ya I really do not get the hype for the Wrigley package. Sure it will be direct footage from the band but I would watch that once and never again probably. Give us some November dates or a time frame for a new album please.
    I think the hype for Wrigley is because it seems less and less likely that we're getting PJ shows in 2017 as the days go by. A Wrigley package would be the next best thing to a tour announcement or album release. I'd love nothing more than to get news of some shows late in the year, but if it's not happening I'd take something cool to watch/listen to in the meantime.
    I want the boots just as much as the next person but I just am not that hyped for the package I guess. I would have rathered the boots released first like the Fenway shows with a disclaimer that they have something bigger planned.
    I wish they released the "standard" audio of the shows like the rest of the 2016 shows.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:

I was kidding by the way lol
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited April 2017
    Who cares about the DVD unless its got some cool documentary non show bits, we already have the bootlegs.

Also what's with all these EV shows...I guess PJ Nov/Dec.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    I was just going to ask, with another EV solo show announced today, are we thinking he's going to do a full US tour- whether large or small?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    my2hands said:

Totally agree. I'd love a DVD but I doubt I would watch this all the way through more than once. Like someone else mentioned... I prefer my videos in short bursts from YouTube. Who has time to regularly watch a 3 hour concert DVD?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    I agree with the recent comments about the DVD. However, I think I'd rather they release a mix of the two nights (as opposed to both entire shows) if only to spark debate (not heated arguments, mind you) about what songs they chose to include (and which ones they omitted).
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    rummy said:

I agree with the recent comments about the DVD. However, I think I'd rather they release a mix of the two nights (as opposed to both entire shows) if only to spark debate (not heated arguments, mind you) about what songs they chose to include (and which ones they omitted).

Yes--my prediction is the DVD will be called Let's Play Two and will be a combination of songs from each Wrigley show last August. It will have other short films like playing on the roof of Murphy's etc. At that point hopefully they will release the audio bootlegs from the Wrigley shows and maybe even 2013? (I can dream). It's been ten years since a concert DVD so I'm all for something new. The youtube shows are great and all but I'm pretty sure a Danny Clinch directed film would be better. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

rummy said:

Yes--my prediction is the DVD will be called Let's Play Two and will be a combination of songs from each Wrigley show last August. It will have other short films like playing on the roof of Murphy's etc. At that point hopefully they will release the audio bootlegs from the Wrigley shows and maybe even 2013? (I can dream). It's been ten years since a concert DVD so I'm all for something new. The youtube shows are great and all but I'm pretty sure a Danny Clinch directed film would be better. :)
    edited April 2017
    I have a theory...

The band plays 2 shows at Wrigley this summer... perhaps the weekend previously mentioned... they announce these are there only shows of the year... then at the same time they announce the Wrigley dvd with a presale and an on sale date that lines up with the shows... PJ Wrigleymania begins and it cements PJ essentially having a residency @ Wrigley Field... it would help create a buzz and sell the physical dvd/blu ray which is becoming harder by the day for anything outside of Star Wars lol

They could announce the shows with fairly short notice and sell out in seconds... with Ed's connections the logistics are probably cake... Theo can make it happen with a snap of the fingers... and they could keep it quiet which would explain nothing blowing in the wind (except those pennants)... and they could secure a TON of 10c tix...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Let's play two summer 2017?

New double album drops this this summer?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    dankind said:

Let's play two summer 2017?

New double album drops this this summer?

here's hoping!

• bbisonbbison Posts: 215
    my2hands said:

I have a theory...

The band plays 2 shows at Wrigley this summer... perhaps the weekend previously mentioned... they announce these are there only shows of the year... then at the same time they announce the Wrigley dvd with a presale and an on sale date that lines up with the shows... PJ Wrigleymania begins and it cements PJ essentially having a residency @ Wrigley Field... it would help create a buzz and sell the physical dvd/blu ray which is becoming harder by the day for anything outside of Star Wars lol

They could announce the shows with fairly short notice and sell out in seconds... with Ed's connections the logistics are probably cake... Theo can make it happen with a snap of the fingers... and they could keep it quiet which would explain nothing blowing in the wind (except those pennants)... and they could secure a TON of 10c tix...

I like your enthusiasm...that said, Wrigley already has a record 10 concerts booked for 2017:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-wrigley-field-concerts-htmlstory.html
    http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20170307/BLOGS04/170309895/cubs-add-record-10th-wrigley-summer-concert

11 or 12 is highly unlikely at best. Unless PJ plays a day game!

Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    I remember when I was complaining about "2017 will probably be overseas tour and a few festivals in the us, oh boy I hate festival pj"

Ok I take it back, give me festival pj for 2017. Something. Anything. Please!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • MikeRed22MikeRed22 Posts: 35
    Pearl Jam at Fyre Festival 2018 anyone?
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    MikeRed22 said:

Haha. I'd pay, like, $12,000 for this experience.
  • green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    nuzzer1 said:

MikeRed22 said:

Haha. I'd pay, like, $12,000 for this experience.
    According to the news, this year's Fyre Festival was a complete debacle. People were flying home the same day.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    nycrats said:

I remember when I was complaining about "2017 will probably be overseas tour and a few festivals in the us, oh boy I hate festival pj"

Ok I take it back, give me festival pj for 2017. Something. Anything. Please!

Right! This thread is 2017 dead.

Initially, I thought they'd want to do something to celebrate the HOF induction. I just didn't think it would be to have a merch cleaning frenzy.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    It's only the beginning of May.....
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'd like to see a Hawaii show! It's been way too long
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    Cridder said:

It's only the beginning of May.....

That's 33% of the way through 2017 though. And the way PJ plans out their tours, in terms of announcement until the concert dates, there is usually a fairly significant gap.

But most importantly, wasn't there some discussion as to them getting together and deciding to take the year off or something?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    July. That's when 2013's tour was announced. Everyone forgets this. It's not even May! Optimism. And August will be a year off technically.
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200

July. That's when 2013's tour was announced. Everyone forgets this. It's not even May! Optimism. And August will be a year off technically.

Good point!

When was Wrigley announced in 2013? I don't recall. The show was July. This is a good point though and gives hope for something to come later this year. It would have to be Nov/Dec though IMO.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    bbiggs said:

When was Wrigley announced in 2013? I don't recall. The show was July. This is a good point though and gives hope for something to come later this year. It would have to be Nov/Dec though IMO.
    I recall my eyes watering up at my computer in February when I didn't initially get Tix for the London show.
    The 2013 Wrigley show was announced in January I believe. December of 2012 was filled with rumors of it happening.

I certainly hope I'm wrong and I'd gladly eat crow. Watching the HOF induction really got me going through withdrawals.

The other thing is Ed won't play in October anymore with playoff baseball so Nov. would be earliest, which would be fine with me. Let's hope. A July announcement would be great.
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    bbiggs said:

The other thing is Ed won't play in October anymore with playoff baseball so Nov. would be earliest, which would be fine with me. Let's hope. A July announcement would be great.
    A November/December tour would be perfect. Being from the Midwest, I'm hoping for a West coast tour to give me an excuse to travel.
    ^^me too. I'd love to get out of the Midwest for a show or two that time of year.