Options

Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Somebody on here was looking for evidence that Trump protestors were being paid.
    This article claims that some New York protestors were paid $16.00 an hour through a craigslist ad...

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/21/clinton-and-soros-are-behind-violent-riots-at-trump-rallies-not-sanders/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social#ixzz43ZMFWpQT

The entire premise of the article and the conclusions hinge on this one statement: Several admitted answering a Craig’s list ad paying $16.00 an hour for protesters.

What are the names of these people? Do we have sworn affidavits, a name and address, a video of them talking about? How about evidence of the ad in Craigslist? The conclusion is then jumped to that they were paid for Clinton supporters, using that Reichstag analogy twice. Don't you think this is a littttle thinly sourced?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/21/clinton-and-soros-are-behind-violent-riots-at-trump-rallies-not-sanders/#ixzz43l9lldMg
    Figures a .org company that causes shit.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Somebody on here was looking for evidence that Trump protestors were being paid.
    This article claims that some New York protestors were paid $16.00 an hour through a craigslist ad...

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/21/clinton-and-soros-are-behind-violent-riots-at-trump-rallies-not-sanders/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social#ixzz43ZMFWpQT

The entire premise of the article and the conclusions hinge on this one statement: Several admitted answering a Craig’s list ad paying $16.00 an hour for protesters.

What are the names of these people? Do we have sworn affidavits, a name and address, a video of them talking about? How about evidence of the ad in Craigslist? The conclusion is then jumped to that they were paid for Clinton supporters, using that Reichstag analogy twice. Don't you think this is a littttle thinly sourced?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/21/clinton-and-soros-are-behind-violent-riots-at-trump-rallies-not-sanders/#ixzz43l9lldMg
    C'mon... I'm really disappointed in the lack of critical analysis on these boards, from both sides. I find myself arguing with people because it's just copy and paste from opinion pieces, right and left wing rags, but no empirical evidence. Are we that lazy that we can't think anymore?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

C'mon... I'm really disappointed in the lack of critical analysis on these boards, from both sides. I find myself arguing with people because it's just copy and paste from opinion pieces, right and left wing rags, but no empirical evidence. Are we that lazy that we can't think anymore?
    If the story is true than that is the kind of people that would read and respond to craigslist so no doubt they are convincing at their protest.

If it's not true than we are left with a few handful of real protesters causing shit.
    No opinion article needed.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

If the story is true than that is the kind of people that would read and respond to craigslist so no doubt they are convincing at their protest.

If it's not true than we are left with a few handful of real protesters causing shit.
    But the whole premise of the article and our friend BS was that 1. They were paid from ads in Craigslist, and 2. It's Clinton's fault. Neither of these are supported by any evidence. It's pathetic journalism and for us to repeat that is fucking depressing. And lazy.

And then on the Hillary page, you have Free claiming there was voter fraud because A. the lines were long in AZ and B. some people posted some videos claiming it to be so. As if Bernie supporters were targeted for voter suppression somehow and if true, it didn't more adversely affect Trump and Clinton.

Please think for me.. I can't bare to...
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

But the whole premise of the article and our friend BS was that 1. They were paid from ads in Craigslist, and 2. It's Clinton's fault. Neither of these are supported by any evidence. It's pathetic journalism and for us to repeat that is fucking depressing. And lazy.
    I touched earlier that society has become lazy google robots. Let google fight for you!
    Forget that.
    Say what you think.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I touched earlier that society has become lazy google robots. Let google fight for you!
    Forget that.
    Say what you think.
    I don't agree with "say what you think" when what you think isn't rooted in reality. How is that any better? Daniel Patrick Moynihan famously said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts".
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Forget that.
    Say what you think.
    I don't agree with "say what you think" when what you think isn't rooted in reality. How is that any better? Daniel Patrick Moynihan famously said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts".
    A famous quote yes. He was just saying what he thought.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Forget that.
    Say what you think.
    That's bullshit and intellectually lazy. Daily Caller prints something as fact when the sourcing is total bullshit. People who read it might believe it's true. Someone might even repeat the post on a board as fact. I'm not saying that we impede the DC's first amendment right, but to defend it or say 'all good' is pathetic. Like I said... what happened to critical thinking? People read shit that confirms their beliefs and it is trashing our country.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Forget that.
    Say what you think.
    That's bullshit and intellectually lazy. Daily Caller prints something as fact when the sourcing is total bullshit. People who read it might believe it's true. Someone might even repeat the post on a board as fact. I'm not saying that we impede the DC's first amendment right, but to defend it or say 'all good' is pathetic. Like I said... what happened to critical thinking? People read shit that confirms their beliefs and it is trashing our country.
    That is the problem with Americans. If anyone challenges a way of thinking they immediately run to the constitution and amendments. So you end up in a battle with who knows it better. No opinion just simple debate over what the scroll says.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

And then on the Hillary page, you have Free claiming there was voter fraud because A. the lines were long in AZ and B. some people posted some videos claiming it to be so. As if Bernie supporters were targeted for voter suppression somehow and if true, it didn't more adversely affect Trump and Clinton.

Please think for me.
    Denial obviously satisfies you, because when I "claim" I always do it with fact based evidence to back up my stance, not opinion pieces. It is you who is denying that there you any voter fraud in Arizona yesterday after several factual links. But keep living in denial if it suits you.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Forget that.
    Say what you think.
    That is the problem with Americans. If anyone challenges a way of thinking they immediately run to the constitution and amendments. So you end up in a battle with who knows it better. No opinion just simple debate over what the scroll says.
    I don't understand this response in context of my message. Who's talking about the constitution?
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Please think for me.
    Denial obviously satisfies you, because when I "claim" I always do it with fact based evidence to back up my stance, not opinion pieces. It is you who is denying that there you any voter fraud in Arizona yesterday after several factual links. But keep living in denial if it suits you.
    Free,

There are big differences between voter fraud, voter suppression, and incompetence. You are using them interchangeably. Everything I have seen shows incompetence. Even Bernie's campaign acknowledged it affected all candidates.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Please think for me.
    Free,

There are big differences between voter fraud, voter suppression, and incompetence. You are using them interchangeably. Everything I have seen shows incompetence. Even Bernie's campaign acknowledged it affected all candidates.
    Talking to you is redundant because you won't even face reality. It's a national disgrace what happened yesterday, but refusal of reality does not mean it didn't happen.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Please think for me.
    Free,

Talking to you is redundant because you won't even face reality. It's a national disgrace what happened yesterday, but refusal of reality does not mean it didn't happen.
    Of course it's disgraceful. But it's not fraud and it likely did not hurt Sanders. His spokesman did not levy that complaint. Your accusation is fraud. That is something entirely different.

Like I told you, I couldn't vote in Richmond because the lines were too long. It's not relegated to AZ.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Please think for me.
    Free,

Of course it's disgraceful. But it's not fraud and it likely did not hurt Sanders. His spokesman did not levy that complaint. Your accusation is fraud. That is something entirely different.

Like I told you, I couldn't vote in Richmond because the lines were too long. It's not relegated to AZ.
    What time did the poll open and what time did it close?
  • Options
    8 to 8 I believe. Maybe 7 to 8
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Ok give or take one hour the poll was open for 12hrs on a known day that it would be open.
    12hrs and they couldn't get the line through?
    Something is fishy from these people that say they "couldn't vote"

edit - It's not like it was a line to buy a Pearl Jam sticker.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Fraud.

Clinton Claims Victory but Arizona's Voting Fiasco Dubbed "National Disgrace"

Shuttered polling places, endless lines, and widespread disenfranchisement—particularly for minority communities

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/03/23/clinton-claims-victory-arizonas-voting-fiasco-dubbed-national-disgrace
    ... "The Arizona Democratic Party is also investigating reports that numerous Democratic voters were mistakenly identified as "independent" in the voter database, which would exclude them from the closed primary. Many of the misidentified voters were given provisional ballots, which may not have even been counted.

As the Phoenix New Times reports, "the day was so hectic, that as it became clear Clinton won, Sanders supporter Sheila Ryan said she just couldn’t believe it: 'What about all the provisional ballots? What about all the ballots from [people still in line]? Are those getting counted?'
  • Options
    In a nutshell every country has their own election process.
    And bias aside, does it not make things a little easier to have one and one only day when you will vote for your leader?
    The American election process is crazy. Pick one day ffs.
  • Options
    Free said:

Fraud.

Clinton Claims Victory but Arizona's Voting Fiasco Dubbed "National Disgrace"

Shuttered polling places, endless lines, and widespread disenfranchisement—particularly for minority communities

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/03/23/clinton-claims-victory-arizonas-voting-fiasco-dubbed-national-disgrace

... "The Arizona Democratic Party is also investigating reports that numerous Democratic voters were mistakenly identified as "independent" in the voter database, which would exclude them from the closed primary. Many of the misidentified voters were given provisional ballots, which may not have even been counted.

As the Phoenix New Times reports, "the day was so hectic, that as it became clear Clinton won, Sanders supporter Sheila Ryan said she just couldn’t believe it: 'What about all the provisional ballots? What about all the ballots from [people still in line]? Are those getting counted?'
    That's weird. Why would the AZ Dem Party investigate such a thing since it's clear that they would have orchestrated the fiasco, along with the pollsters, the Clinton campaign and AZ Executive Branch? Which conspiracy theory are we running with this evening?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Ok give or take one hour the poll was open for 12hrs on a known day that it would be open.
    12hrs and they couldn't get the line through?
    Something is fishy from these people that say they "couldn't vote"

edit - It's not like it was a line to buy a Pearl Jam sticker.
    To be fair, it's not as if everyone can show up at 7 AM to vote. I showed up at about 5:15 I think. The word was it was taking three hours or so. I waited for a while to see if the line was moving. It wasn't. So I left.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I don't know...when someone posted a Trump rally picture earlier in the thread of a mystery person covering their face and holding a racist sign I was told that we should all just assume it's legit.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I don't know...when someone posted a Trump rally picture earlier in the thread of a mystery person covering their face and holding a racist sign I was told that we should all just assume it's legit.
    Cmon... That's not a great reason...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Who told you that? Pretty sure no one did. I believe what you were told is that it was dumb to just assume that it's not legit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Who told you that? Pretty sure no one did. I believe what you were told is that it was dumb to just assume that it's not legit.
    I didn't assume it was or wasn't legit...I said that it could be either as there is no evidence to prove who the person actually is. What is "dumb" is to take every photo you find on the internet to be the absolute truth. I would assume you would agree with that or maybe I'm still being dumb?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I didn't assume it was or wasn't legit...I said that it could be either as there is no evidence to prove who the person actually is. What is "dumb" is to take every photo you find on the internet to be the absolute truth. I would assume you would agree with that or maybe I'm still being dumb?
    I do agree with that, but I also believe that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. I.e. if there are a bunch of openly racist people at all the Trump rallies, and if members of the KKK and other white supremacists support him, and everyone thinks the guy is racist, I don't see much logic in looking at one photo of a racist who happened to cover their face and suggest that it very well could be a plant. Technically it could be, sure, but even if it were... so what?? Exclude that photo and look at the 100 photos where they aren't covering their faces. In the end we come to the same conclusion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I do agree with that, but I also believe that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck. I.e. if there are a bunch of openly racist people at all the Trump rallies, and if members of the KKK and other white supremacists support him, and everyone thinks the guy is racist, I don't see much logic in looking at one photo of a racist who happened to cover their face and suggest that it very well could be a plant. Technically it could be, sure, but even if it were... so what?? Exclude that photo and look at the 100 photos where they aren't covering their faces. In the end we come to the same conclusion.
    Then by your reasoning The Bern and The Hildabeast are both Racists with their constant support and photo oops w/ the openly Racist Black Lives Matter element. I know it's been established on here that Blacks can't be racist, but The people who live and work in the real world know what's what, but can't talk about it cause that'd B racist n all....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Then by your reasoning The Bern and The Hildabeast are both Racists with their constant support and photo oops w/ the openly Racist Black Lives Matter element. I know it's been established on here that Blacks can't be racist, but The people who live and work in the real world know what's what, but can't talk about it cause that'd B racist n all....
    Please do not involve me in your bullshit Muskydan. If you want to say crap like that, do not try and make it look like I have any connection to it. Plus, it is utterly illogical. You didn't even manage to connect what i said to what you are trying to say. By my reasoning... what? After that you lost the thread. I wasn't even talking about the candidates. I was talking about the fucking supporters.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Please do not involve me in your bullshit Muskydan. If you want to say crap like that, do not try and make it look like I have any connection to it. Plus, it is utterly illogical. You didn't even manage to connect what i said to what you are trying to say. By my reasoning... what? After that you lost the thread. I wasn't even talking about the candidates. I was talking about the fucking supporters.
    Well isn't that very convenient for you.....

Anyhow, how about we make a little wager? I assume you live in Vancouver and are a big Canucks fan like all are in that fantastic town.... If that's the case you know who your Canucks are playing tomr night at Home. How about we bet that the losing team has to stay off the train for a month?

In all reality it might be good for the both of us.... Whada u say???
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Well isn't that very convenient for you.....

Anyhow, how about we make a little wager? I assume you live in Vancouver and are a big Canucks fan like all are in that fantastic town.... If that's the case you know who your Canucks are playing tomr night at Home. How about we bet that the losing team has to stay off the train for a month?

In all reality it might be good for the both of us.... Whada u say???
    The Canucks suck now, and I don't give a shit what you do.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on