Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    benjs said:

As far as I'm concerned, POTUS' job is not limited to political efforts, but also socioeconomic ones. Given Obama's campaign slogan simply was "Hope" (a purposefully broad slogan whose reach goes far beyond political reform), think about the hope that could have come from a visit. A cheerleader doesn't directly impact the outcome of a sports game, yet their presence is to inspire support. A visit from Obama would have been reassurance of impending support, from what appears to be a fairly silent country at the moment. That's not to say showing up is enough: working to resolve the issue would have been the next challenge. In the absence of the visit, resolving the situation is now the necessary action.

Trumps slogan "Make America Great Again" is broad as well.
    His presence was necessary to have eyes on to develop a resolve for the situation, something that can't be done if you are not part of it.
    Trump cares.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited August 2016
    rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

Not a Trump fan but what he did for Louisiana today made Obama look like a fool...enough to criticize him on but he became the leader Obama and Clinton could not

The Governor specifically asked him not to come, just to send money if he wanted to help.

Precious resources are diverted from where they are needed in rescue and relief efforts when big-time officials visit disaster areas for photo-ops.
    Case closed then. Trump is an ass and Obama and Clinton did the right thing.
    The orange one took advantage of misery and couldn't care less.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

Not a Trump fan but what he did for Louisiana today made Obama look like a fool...enough to criticize him on but he became the leader Obama and Clinton could not

The Governor specifically asked him not to come, just to send money if he wanted to help.

Precious resources are diverted from where they are needed in rescue and relief efforts when big-time officials visit disaster areas for photo-ops.
    What the governor said is right on point. It makes no sense for the President to go there......it's not like he's going to roll up his sleeves and start help people himself. Why waste resources for that, send the resources of the government to help people in distress is a much better idea.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

pjalive21 said:

What the governor said is right on point. It makes no sense for the President to go there......it's not like he's going to roll up his sleeves and start help people himself. Why waste resources for that, send the resources of the government to help people in distress is a much better idea.

Peace
    I totally agree. This same debate happened over Trudeau and how he waited to appear in Fort McMurray after the fire. He waited for the exact same reason. Some people apparently just want leaders they don't like to show up at disaster zones... or, more like they don't actually want the leaders they don't like to show up. They pretend they want them to show up so that they can criticize them when they don't. Comes off as the quest for presidential cheap shots to me. Using the Bush/Katrina/everyone mad example really doesn't work at all, since it was gross incompetence everyone was mad about, not Bush failing to show up and wave at people.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

benjs said:

As far as I'm concerned, POTUS' job is not limited to political efforts, but also socioeconomic ones. Given Obama's campaign slogan simply was "Hope" (a purposefully broad slogan whose reach goes far beyond political reform), think about the hope that could have come from a visit. A cheerleader doesn't directly impact the outcome of a sports game, yet their presence is to inspire support. A visit from Obama would have been reassurance of impending support, from what appears to be a fairly silent country at the moment. That's not to say showing up is enough: working to resolve the issue would have been the next challenge. In the absence of the visit, resolving the situation is now the necessary action.

His presence was necessary to have eyes on to develop a resolve for the situation, something that can't be done if you are not part of it.
    Trump cares.
    drumpf cares about drumpf
  • Options

benjs said:

Trump cares.
    I know you don't actually believe that.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    You see that's where the issue lies even when you present proof of facts as to why Obama didn't show up the Trumpsters can see it , it's right in front of their eyes to read but when it comes to Obama they are blind ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    More evidence that Trump is a rotten human being who is an enemy to women. Not that we really need any more convincing, right?

http://go.some.ly/O3jI00N
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

More evidence that Trump is a rotten human being who is an enemy to women. Not that we really need any more convincing, right?

http://go.some.ly/O3jI00N

Yeah his a total creep damn how did he go so long without someone punching his lights out !!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/donald-trump-tweets-scarborough-brzezinksi-secret-couple

Holy Shit...just yesterday I watched Trump's new campaign chief say that he won't use personal attacks. Now this.

How anyone could vote for this moron is beyond me. I'm wondering if the new CM will resign....she should
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    A cousin of mine is one of the most honored and respected cardiologists in the country. And, he is voting for Trump.

I don't get it!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    hedonist said:

A cousin of mine is one of the most honored and respected cardiologists in the country. And, he is voting for Trump.

I don't get it!

Ben Carson is a brain surgeon but a political moron. It's possible.

On top of that, he thinks Saving Christmas is a good movie. :rofl:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    hedonist said:

I don't get it!

$$$
  • Options

hedonist said:

I don't get it!

$$$
    Ding ding ..
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Trump. I wish I could just forget about that guy. Damn! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    i hear he's going to lose...BIG!!! And everyone thought he was orange now...he'll turn red face.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

I don't get it!

$$$
    Ding ding ..
    To whom is "$$$" applied?

That's why I said I don't get it - my cousin is in zero need of more income.

It's the mindset, not the money.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

I don't get it!

$$$
    Ding ding ..
    To whom is "$$$" applied?

That's why I said I don't get it - my cousin is in zero need of more income.

It's the mindset, not the money.
    I believe the better off are afraid of the Clinton tax proposal and maybe they believe Trump won't raise their taxes , that's just my assumption
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    lukin2006 said:

i hear he's going to lose...BIG!!! And everyone thought he was orange now...he'll turn red face.

It sure looks that way on Nate Silver's site.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    #landslide
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Trump is back pedalling hard and fast from his deport all of the illegals. He's such a dick.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Trump is back pedalling hard and fast from his deport all of the illegals. He's such a dick.

I wonder how his fans are going to manage to reconcile this? I'm sure however they do it, it will be spectacularly ridiculous.
  • Options
    Yeah he cancelled his immigration speech this week because of this.

He also cancelled a few other dates for fundraisers which is kind of odd. This is the stupidest campaign in history. It gives us all a very good look at how disorganized this idiot is.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trump-is-a-child-rapist-texas-gop-official-to-protest-the-republican-psychopath-at-austin-rally/

so yeah there's this....
    The Austin Chronicle reported that Robert Morrow — chairman of the Travis County Republican Party — will join the ranks of protesters expected outside the appearance at Austin’ Luedecke Arena.

“Donald Trump’s psychopathy has been on full display on the national political stage for over a year,” said Morrow in a press release. “I want folks to know that Trump is a child rapist and that he is currently being sued in a civil action in NY federal courts for raping, slapping an 13-year-old girl at a Jeffrey Epstein party in 1994. Trump also threatened to murder the girl, now age 35 and a Jane Doe plaintiff, and also murder her family if she ever told how he (Trump) sexually abused her.”

The lurid allegations were filed in federal court in June. The anonymous plaintiff said that Trump lured her and other underage girls to parties with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. The former reality TV star reportedly enticed the girls with promises of modeling contracts, then took advantage of them sexually.

The independent fact-checking agency Snopes.com is currently investigating the allegations and has yet to determine how much validity there may be to the charges.

KVUE.com said that Morrow has been furiously tweeting in the run-up to the protest. He has demanded five minutes of microphone time to question Trump and deliver his own message.

• Options

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trump-is-a-child-rapist-texas-gop-official-to-protest-the-republican-psychopath-at-austin-rally/

so yeah there's this....

The Austin Chronicle reported that Robert Morrow — chairman of the Travis County Republican Party — will join the ranks of protesters expected outside the appearance at Austin’ Luedecke Arena.

“Donald Trump’s psychopathy has been on full display on the national political stage for over a year,” said Morrow in a press release. “I want folks to know that Trump is a child rapist and that he is currently being sued in a civil action in NY federal courts for raping, slapping an 13-year-old girl at a Jeffrey Epstein party in 1994. Trump also threatened to murder the girl, now age 35 and a Jane Doe plaintiff, and also murder her family if she ever told how he (Trump) sexually abused her.”

The lurid allegations were filed in federal court in June. The anonymous plaintiff said that Trump lured her and other underage girls to parties with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. The former reality TV star reportedly enticed the girls with promises of modeling contracts, then took advantage of them sexually.

The independent fact-checking agency Snopes.com is currently investigating the allegations and has yet to determine how much validity there may be to the charges.

KVUE.com said that Morrow has been furiously tweeting in the run-up to the protest. He has demanded five minutes of microphone time to question Trump and deliver his own message.
    Just the speculation of this would destroy any other candidate. But trump thumpers wonto care. They'll say "that 13 year old knew what Trump wanted. She could have said no." Or "its a good thing trump ismt going to deport all 11 million illegals at once. I need time to find a new landscaper. What a smart guy"
  • Options
    ^^^
    He isn't bill cosby.
  • Options

^^^
    He isn't bill cosby.

No he's not but still a predator !
  • Options

^^^
    He isn't bill cosby.

What's your point? Pretty sure Cosby didn't drug a day rape any underage girls. Seriously?
  • Options
    ^^^
    These are allegations nothing more.
    Cosby is guilty right?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2016

^^^
    He isn't bill cosby.

No he's not but still a predator !
    This ^^^ is used because it is a lot easier to refer to the previous quote above me.
    It makes it a lot easier for people to read.
    In this case I had to explain what ^^^ means
    In any case use ^^^ so thread readers don't have to read quote after quote
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
This discussion has been closed.