Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Ms. Haiku said:

I want to lose weight this year. Today I bought freeze dried fruit over a bag of cookies. . . Putting one foot in front of the other.

My coworker and I are going to have salads for lunch. If we are going out for lunch the salads become dinner. So far it's working out because we can share all our fixins!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    OMG! Today was the first day I exercised in a long time and I felt like fossilized jelly. First, I did minor pre-run stretching exercises and my knee hurt. When I found out the apartment treadmill was broken I optioned for the stationary bike. After 15 minutes my legs felt like jelly. My heartbeat seems ok, which is the number one priority. I did some minor weight exercises, but they were more than I usually do, so that was ok.

Surprising time starts 2017.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I did my first run today, a slow, gelatinous mile and a half lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    2nd run, 2 miles. Still slow lol
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Out with the cupcakes and in with the applesauce!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Out with the cupcakes and in with the applesauce!

:clap:

Cheat day was out of hand with pizza and an entire pint of ice cream.
    I think today I will be having 2 handfuls of jerky for the day lol
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Got a short ( 1 mile) hike in yesterday, before I got called to the stables to get one of the horses unhung.. ( he'd roiled up against the wall of his barn.) so after that 20 minute debacle.. the temp had dropped 12 degrees, and I was not dressed for 31 degree temps, and the sun was dipping down behind Pike's Peak... so I went home.. but at least I got a mile in! Ps.. I'm counting pulling an 1100 lb animal out of a corner as exercise.. good heavens am I sore from that!!
  • Options

I'm counting pulling an 1100 lb animal out of a corner as exercise.. good heavens am I sore from that!!

I agree!

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    45 minutes on a stationary bike and small weights. Much better than last time.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    edited January 2017
    Back day today. Still a ways to go, but I'm getting there. Gotta love the residual bicep pump you get from an intense back session (and, yes, I realize how that sounds :lol:).
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • Options
    45 minutes on a stationary bike and small weights.
  • Options
    A little over a mile. Walked to the store and back.
  • Options
    Which is more important during our exercise quests?

Focus on results to get change.

or

Focus on change to get results.
  • Options
    Focus on the moment.. change is inevitable.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    Ms. Haiku said:

or

Definitely focus on change. Putting too much focus on the end result makes it easier for people to quit when the desired result doesn't happen fast enough. Focusing on what to do to get the result leads to less stress/anxiety in achieving that goal.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Ms. Haiku said:

or

Definitely focus on change. Putting too much focus on the end result makes it easier for people to quit when the desired result doesn't happen fast enough. Focusing on what to do to get the result leads to less stress/anxiety in achieving that goal.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Rockin and rollin in 2017 all! 7 months in!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    My goal is still 20 lbs this year.

I have a wedding to go to in March going to keep this in mind. As motivation. And a night out to look forward to!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

My goal is still 20 lbs this year.

I have a wedding to go to in March going to keep this in mind. As motivation. And a night out to look forward to!

You can do
    It Lauren!
  • Options
    Thanks Tree!!!! 20 lbs was my goal last January - Lmao to have been lost by the PJ KY in April. No such luck. I've lost 5 lbs. I've kept that 5 off. So gonna keep the goal at 20. No deadline just gonna keep working at it. I did better when I was counting calories. Much better.

I know I need to work on my lunch can be too much. Meaning I'd rather eat a double lunch and skip dinner. As my evenings are crazy busy with 3 kids and practice and games and competitions.

I was doing really well ummm around Thanksgiving to xmas I was walking on my cross trainer or eliptical. Every day 30 minutes. Well gotta get back to it. Lmao I'll leave it at I could continue "and tell you a story but no one..." :lol: I'm sure no one cares lmao.

Good luck everyone. I love reading what you guys are up to!
  • Options
    I am down 15 lbs for January so I feel pretty good! There are good days and bad days, but I get by on 1000 calories or fewer per day and run at least 2 miles. It's going really well!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I am down 15 lbs for January so I feel pretty good! There are good days and bad days, but I get by on 1000 calories or fewer per day and run at least 2 miles. It's going really well!

Great job!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

What are your 1000 cal?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Rocking and rolling into February folks and feeling great! Great to see so many others joining in!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

rgambs said:

What are your 1000 cal?
    My overall strategy is to go high protein as much as possible because it makes you feel more full, I deny the impulse to eat in the daytime, and I have a relatively normal dinner to end the day on a good note. I don't pay attention to anything but protein and calorie content, and I avoid carbs just because they send your calorie count through the roof.

I am not much of a breakfast guy, so most days I just eat an early lunch. If I work out hard and early I will have a single egg with frozen peppers and onions from my garden and a little sour cream. That is around 80-90 calories so I call it 100.
    Lunch is usually either a small handful of beef jerky(100), or a single serving tuna packet (70), eaten plain with a fork. I eat some pickled beets (30 -50) along with many days.
    I make all that protein coast me through to dinner where I eat a relatively normal meal.
    Sunday I had baked steelhead trout, a tiny baked potato and a big pile of steamed broccoli...yesterday I grilled a small and delicious top sirloin steak and had a big pile of brussels sprouts, and tonight I made fajitas with chicken breast tenderloins peppers and onions from the garden, and I skipped the tortilla.
    None of those dinners was more than 600 calories but they were all delicious and filling. After dinner I am usually only at 700-900 calories, and I eat a couple squares of dark chocolate every night because I can't live without it.
  • Options
    I do cheat day once a week where I eat whatever I want for dinner and have dessert, sometimes I come in at 1500 calories or more, but I work out hard on cheat day to offset a few hundred of those.
    I don't do many salads because they don't make me feel full at all, I think iceberg lettuce is the biggest detriment to most women's diets here in the US. Cheese, real dressing, croutons?? The things that make a salad good? Nope, gotta skip them or it isn't even lowcal. Sure, you can have a full belly for a half hour and only consume a few dozen calories, but good luck resisting the donuts in the breakroom when all you eat is plain lettuce, vegetables, and vinegar.
    A plain tuna packet isn't any tastier than a plain salad, but it will satisfy you for much longer.

Protein. It makes you feel full.
  • Options
    Thanks rgambs. I would crash.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Rocking and rolling into February folks and feeling great! Great to see so many others joining in!

Off!! Off!!! Off!! Off!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Thanks rgambs. I would crash.

Me too lol

Days when Simon goes to bed at 11:30 and I get up at 4:30 to run it makes for a lot of hours to be awake and not eating. Luckily, I have a hardy system and I can get by for at least 4 days without any food or sleep before I totally bonk out, so if I get a little of each I can get by...if my will is strong.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Went swimming yesterday, feels like it's a good way to get exercise. Must also start jogging again.