Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Nearly 70% Unfavorable rating. It doesn't matter who they endorse.

The American People still lose.
    How do we gett more people to see this? It's not about sides, it's not about winning. It's a huge game played on the American public. And we lose regardless the outcome!!
    Maybe you should burn your bra
    Irrelevant, uncalled for Gern. You can do better than that.

Why so much emphasis on "Well at least Hillary is not as screwed up as Trump"? So what? Nine broken finger are better than ten broken finger but by how much? Screw that, give me healthy hands. I'm voting for Stein.
    I actually don't follow the "she is not as screwed up as Trump" crap. I consider her extremely qualified and diplomatic.

You probably should, because those are the people who are most likely going to decide the election.
    That will be their call then....I live in Indiana. We're going Trump
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

How do we gett more people to see this? It's not about sides, it's not about winning. It's a huge game played on the American public. And we lose regardless the outcome!!

Why so much emphasis on "Well at least Hillary is not as screwed up as Trump"? So what? Nine broken finger are better than ten broken finger but by how much? Screw that, give me healthy hands. I'm voting for Stein.
    I actually don't follow the "she is not as screwed up as Trump" crap. I consider her extremely qualified and diplomatic.

You probably should, because those are the people who are most likely going to decide the election.
    Fair enough. It really isn't about changing anyone's mind anyways. It's about getting out your vote, that's where elections are won and lost. I have all my faith in Hillary getting out hers through solid organization, and Trump shitting the bed with a lack of it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    dignin said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Fair enough. It really isn't about changing anyone's mind anyways. It's about getting out your vote, that's where elections are won and lost. I have all my faith in Hillary getting out hers through solid organization, and Trump shitting the bed with a lack of it.
    That's what I'm hoping...he doesn't deserve it.

Part of me likes his "fuck the system" attitude but there are so many other things that bother me about him I can't begin to list them.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

dignin said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Part of me likes his "fuck the system" attitude but there are so many other things that bother me about him I can't begin to list them.
    It's one thing to say "fuck the system", it's a whole other world challenge to propose a better alternative and make it happen. And the next question: what does Trump's "better alternative" look like to everyone, and if that's in line with humanist, progressive ideals, then how does Trump accomplish it? Because all I know about how he wishes to get things done, is that we should believe him, and that it's going to be huge.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736

dignin said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Agreed, Gern.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    benjs said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

It's one thing to say "fuck the system", it's a whole other world challenge to propose a better alternative and make it happen. And the next question: what does Trump's "better alternative" look like to everyone, and if that's in line with humanist, progressive ideals, then how does Trump accomplish it? Because all I know about how he wishes to get things done, is that we should believe him, and that it's going to be huge.
    This is the most important question and in my "upside" assessment of him is that you might actually end up with a "results" driven President. What I mean by this is that he may not be driven by a humanist agenda, or a progressive agenda, or even a conservative agenda as he is none of those things. The potential is that he actually acts like a person who doesn't give a fuck about special interests whether political, corporate and/or union etc. and only looks at what "works". It would be a business like approach where somethings work and other things fail but he will take risks and make people and/or himself accountable. This is the gamble. In a system that tends to swallow all change agents maybe he is the one person with a large enough personality to plow through? Who the fuck knows?
  • Options
    Trump holding himself accountable? That's fucking laughable.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why am I getting the feeling that some men were offended by the bra burning comment?? It was just a joke, and not an offensive one as far as I can tell. :confused: What, do men look at that and think, "omg, he's saying I'm acting like a woman/feminist!"? ... Sorry, but if anything, that's a compliment, lol.

Not offended, just out of place. When women burned bras in the seventies I thought it was kind of cool because it was a very tangible way of saying, "we want equality". Most of those same women today wear bras or have very elongated, saggy boobs.
    Can you tie 'em in a knot?
    Can you tie 'em in a bow?
    Can you throw 'em o'er your shoulder
    Like a continental soldier...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why am I getting the feeling that some men were offended by the bra burning comment?? It was just a joke, and not an offensive one as far as I can tell. :confused: What, do men look at that and think, "omg, he's saying I'm acting like a woman/feminist!"? ... Sorry, but if anything, that's a compliment, lol.

Not offended, just out of place. When women burned bras in the seventies I thought it was kind of cool because it was a very tangible way of saying, "we want equality". Most of those same women today wear bras or have very elongated, saggy boobs. No big deal either way and what they all have is greater equality. But this all has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    Don't make me post a 'lighten up Francis' meme Brian. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I can't even believe that Trump will win any states. If everyone wasn't going insane, he would lose every single one. Crazy times.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

I can't even believe that Trump will win any states. If everyone wasn't going insane, he would lose every single one. Crazy times.
    What you are seeing right now is the consolidation on each side. Look at the third party vote drop. In a year of a "change" election, I think this will be a conventional one. The county will be fairly evenly split and it will come down to a few states and the ground game. I don't think there it will be a blowout in either direction.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is the most important question and in my "upside" assessment of him is that you might actually end up with a "results" driven President. What I mean by this is that he may not be driven by a humanist agenda, or a progressive agenda, or even a conservative agenda as he is none of those things. The potential is that he actually acts like a person who doesn't give a fuck about special interests whether political, corporate and/or union etc. and only looks at what "works". It would be a business like approach where somethings work and other things fail but he will take risks and make people and/or himself accountable. This is the gamble. In a system that tends to swallow all change agents maybe he is the one person with a large enough personality to plow through? Who the fuck knows?
    It's a Catch 22. The system is designed to perpetuate the system and not allow for agents of change. Clinton is completely in line with this. I don't see Trump as capable of changing the structure of the system (in other words, his modifications to checks and balances won't be long-term tenable, they will just be executive order after executive order), and while the results he seeks are probably right for the country, I disagree with his approaches (meaning that what are to you upsides, are downsides to me). Isolationism, governance by fear, exclusive reliance on American goods and services, are ideas which disagree with years in the making of a global economic, political, and social fabric. Neither is a good option, but based on Trump's stated approaches to attain results, I couldn't support him over Clinton. I'd rather suggest slow, long-term tenable change through reclaiming the House and Senate to represent the people rather than the parties. Only then can the President truly make decisions which represent the will of the people who elect him or her.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited September 2016
    Sounds like some great political theater. The psychological aspect is intriguing. Dumbing down American, but should make for great entertainment.

Donald Trump is threatening to bring Gennifer Flowers to the first presidential debate and seat her next to a Hillary Clinton guest he doesn't like. It's not clear whether Trump is joking.

Flowers once had a relationship with Bill Clinton.

Trump's warning came on Twitter after Hillary Clinton invited businessman Mark Cuban to the debate. He's a frequent Trump critic.

In his tweet, Trump calls Cuban "dopey." And he says if Cuban wants to sit in the front row, he may put Flowers "right alongside of him."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article103919751.html#storylink=cpy
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    tonifig8 said:

Sounds like some great political theater. The psychological aspect is intriguing. Dumbing down American, but should make for great entertainment.

Donald Trump is threatening to bring Gennifer Flowers to the first presidential debate and seat her next to a Hillary Clinton guest he doesn't like. It's not clear whether Trump is joking.

Trump's warning came on Twitter after Hillary Clinton invited businessman Mark Cuban to the debate. He's a frequent Trump critic.

In his tweet, Trump calls Cuban "dopey." And he says if Cuban wants to sit in the front row, he may put Flowers "right alongside of him."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article103919751.html#storylink=cpy

Gennifer Flowers just confirmed that she is coming.

It's a genius move really. If the moderator acknowledges one then he will have to acknowledge the other...the same goes with the post-debate spin rooms. Cuban will come off as mouthy while Flowers will for the most part be unassailable and will inform millennials about the Clinton past. The democrats really stumbled into this one.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    tonifig8 said:

I wonder if there are enough seats at the debate for all the women that Bill has had relations with and or harassed?
    Trump should also keep a seat empty and put a picture of Seth Rich in it like they do for the Oscar prep.
  • Options
    Why in the fuck are his sexual activities even being talked about???
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Ratings
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings
    I saw a headline the other day that said the first debate is expected to have Super Bowl like ratings! I'm hosting a debate party, if anyone in the SoCal area and would like to crash it let me know.

It would be awesome to see Flowers there sitting next to Cuban..... This is comedy GOLD!
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings
    I saw a headline the other day that said the first debate is expected to have Super Bowl like ratings! I'm hosting a debate party, if anyone in the SoCal area and would like to crash it let me know.

It would be awesome to see Flowers there sitting next to Cuban..... This is comedy GOLD!
    This election is a shit show I don't expect anything more in the "debates". Spouses are fair game, especially when one candidates runs as a strong women and her husband is a serial womanizer.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings

This election is a shit show I don't expect anything more in the "debates". Spouses are fair game, especially when one candidates runs as a strong women and her husband is a serial womanizer.
    Melania is not running as a strong woman at all. She's actually quite weak it appears since she went underground after her speech. But you're right about her husband. Good call.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings

Do you determine whether a man is strong or not based on his wife's behavior?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings

I haven't determined anything except that Hilliary is a calculated incessant habitual liar who is married to a well documented adulterous womanizer.
    Hillary is running as a strong women, those that endorse her say things like there being, a special place in hell for women that don't vote Hilliary...whatever that means.
  • Options
    I think it's pretty low to bring Flowers in. To compare someone who bad mouths you to someone who had an affair with the other candidate's spouse is apples and oranges. I'm certain that Ms. Flowers is part of the lowest point in Mrs. Clinton and Chelsea's lives. Cuban just got Trump butt hurt over his comments.
  • Options
    Imagine the outrage if Jesse Jackson said in 08 there's a special place in hell for African Americans that don't vote Obama.
    That would have been racist but Albright isn't SEXIST.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Imagine the outrage if Jesse Jackson said in 08 there's a special place in hell for African Americans that don't vote Obama.
    That would have been racist but Albright isn't SEXIST.

Wow. That's a powerful argument. Can't believe you aren't writing ads with this material. I just decided not to vote for HRC. Keep it up and I might believe she killed JFK jr. too.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ratings

I haven't determined anything except that Hilliary is a calculated incessant habitual liar who is married to a well documented adulterous womanizer.
    Hillary is running as a strong women, those that endorse her say things like there being, a special place in hell for women that don't vote Hilliary...whatever that means.
    Do you ever wonder why a male candidate doesn't have to run as a "strong man" candidate?
  • Options
    Powell about Arkansas Bill: “still d–king bimbos at home"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Powell about Arkansas Bill: “still d–king bimbos at home"

And assuming Powell somehow knows this (which he probably does not) why the fuck do you care? Does that hurt your marriage? Does it make your life more difficult? How is it your business? Oh yeah, it's not. It's just amazing how 'accountable' you believe you are holding Clinton without even trying to hold Trump accountable for Russia, his foundation, his bimbos, his stiffed contractors or anything.

You must be a Trump supporter and that's fine. At least step up like BS, Godfather and others and say you're a Trump supporter.
This discussion has been closed.