Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Speedy & I just booked our flights. We're starting the line tomorrow.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Tempo, you should charge people to share your blanket! :wink:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    jlaustin said:

Tempo, you should charge people to share your blanket! :wink:

All I ask is everyone bring a smile! :-) I might even hand out some stickers!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Dip trip flip fantasia
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    6 day's! What they should do is make the first 3 day's of the Pearl Jam Pop Up Shop .. 10club members only sale. Only 10club paying members are able to purchase PJ merchandise. Or the first few hours of the day they go in first

"There will be 4 different poster designs randomly released between Tuesday and Saturday. Inventory will be held back for each day Monday through Saturday. Any remaining inventory will sold on Sunday."

6 day's the store will be open selling Pearl Jam posters & other merchandise.

I will be SHOCKED if they don't press over 2 grand or 3 of each of the 4 poster runs sold @ the Volcom Store during the 6 day's of Pearl Jam. And IF they have variant posters?

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I will stop in for a minute. My wife hates the PJ merch scene. Posters are cool but I have never been to NYC before. :dizzy:
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    You guys think they'll be selling merch at the venue too??
    The Pop Up Shop isn't really close to Central Park.
    Looks like it will take about a half hour to get down there our hotel on the Upper West Side...
    I may just wait and swing by there on Sunday after the show!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave said:

A hint of negativity from Dave? Must be the end of the world. :rofl: probably going to be munk, emek, sperry and obey/fairy

I'm just thinking back to the posters available at the last pop-up shop in NYC before the Brooklyn shows!!
    Not a big fan of the Pendleton geometric shape posters. :anguished:
    Then close your eyes if you ever stop by my house, Dave. Cincinnati hangs in the hallway. I liked the owl Brooklyn posters he did. It's an acquired taste, though. Definitely not for everyone.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

derbydave said:

A hint of negativity from Dave? Must be the end of the world. :rofl: probably going to be munk, emek, sperry and obey/fairy

I'm just thinking back to the posters available at the last pop-up shop in NYC before the Brooklyn shows!!
    Then close your eyes if you ever stop by my house, Dave. Cincinnati hangs in the hallway. I liked the owl Brooklyn posters he did. It's an acquired taste, though. Definitely not for everyone.
    I bought the Cincinnati poster too...
    but only because I went to that show!!
    I guess Pendleton's art is just over my head :)
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    demetrios said:

This will be intense but very fun!
    Wish I could attend. :(

D, not sure if you have been to the Pop up shops or saw what the Merch trucks became on the last tour, but there will be nothing fun about this. It will be a complete nightmare.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    edited September 2015

demetrios said:

D, not sure if you have been to the Pop up shops or saw what the Merch trucks became on the last tour, but there will be nothing fun about this. It will be a complete nightmare.
    Detroit & Moline were ridiculous!!!
    St. Louis & Memphis were pretty bad too.
    BUT let's just hope it's not as bad as the Seattle Pop Up Shop,
    THAT was not fun!!!
    :anguished:
    Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave said:

deadendp said:

derbydave said:

I bought the Cincinnati poster too...
    but only because I went to that show!!
    I guess Pendleton's art is just over my head :)
    Nope. Just something you don't like. It's very formulaic in pattern. Either it sings to you or it doesn't.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The merch scene kinda blows - I learned to pick stuff up later and concentrate on having a good time
  • Options

demetrios said:

Last year I didn't. My last Pearl Jam Pop Up Shop experience was Seattle '13. I had no problem there. Though I was there early waiting outside the Showbox @ 4am.

It's just, this new Pop Up Shop event in NYC is for 6 day's. 9 hours a day. (8 hours on Sunday). If the Volcom store is ready & prepared for hundreds upon hundreds of Pearl Jam fan's to come by their store for the next 6 day's while making the experience great for customers, I don't see the problem. Well, the short supply of posters will suck. But Pearl Jam / 10club / Volcom should be prepared for this. To do this for 6 day's. Not 1 or 2 or 3. But 6! They better print ALOT of copies of each poster run. To sell only a few hundred posters a day randomly would totally suck. I just don't see that happening.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm even more happy I'm not going now. I hope everyone gets what they want. Be safe and try to enjoy the stay at the city too, folks!
  • Options
    I think it speaks volumes that most people dread even going to the pop up shop now than before. It has become a flipper's paradise. Pretty damn pathetic really.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    I live here and am debating even bothering stopping by. Can't go til 5 on any work day and I'm sure there will be people lined up in the am to hoard it all.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    This won't be as bad as most people think. Remember the shop when they played Brooklyn? It was shirts and posters just like this. I walked in the day after they opened, bought a poster and walked out. It's not gonna be 9 hours of hundreds of people waiting to buy a poster.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    What they should of enforced for this Pop Up Shop event @ Volcom store is the first 3 day's they should of made it available for 10club members only. Only 10club paying members can get access to the Pearl Jam merchandise @ the store. Those who were paying 10club members before September 10th 2015. Day 4, 5 & 6 make it available to the public. Or yet, after 4pm each day, non 10club members can get access to the Pearl Jam merchandise.

But .. with all of these rules would need a lot of patience & a lot help from others. But no need for that right? Ya gotta sell, sell, sell & fast! I mean you're doing this in the biggest city in the USA. For 6 day's. Open to the public. Anyone on the street can go in and purchase as much stuff as possible. You don't need to be a Pearl Jam fan to wait in line. Am I right? I've read stories online where there are organizations who pay people by the hour to wait in lines to purchase merchandise for their company. Seriously.

Events like this, for 6 day's, they should of offered something 1st to the paying 10club members. Give them a chance first. Then serve everyone else. Oh well. If only I was running this Pop Up Shop event. My fellow 10club members wouldn't be disappointed. Trust me.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,408

This won't be as bad as most people think. Remember the shop when they played Brooklyn? It was shirts and posters just like this. I walked in the day after they opened, bought a poster and walked out. It's not gonna be 9 hours of hundreds of people waiting to buy a poster.

it's the same shop.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,408
    I'll only have time to go at 11am. I hope there isn't a long line the first day
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    I'll need poster help. If anyone is willing.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

it's the same shop.
    Exactly my point. I went the day after they opened, no one was there. Bought my stuff and left. People acting like it'll be armageddon are overreacting.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

igotid88 said:

it's the same shop.
    Exactly my point. I went the day after they opened, no one was there. Bought my stuff and left. People acting like it'll be armageddon are overreacting.
    I think a lot will depend on the posters. The Brooklyn posters weren't a favorite of many. This 4 posters, don't know which one which day thing...I see that as potentially being a problem. Hopefully we are all over reacting...a lot of us have bad memories from this latest tour (Detroit was a nightmare)!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    derbydave said:

You guys think they'll be selling merch at the venue too??
    The Pop Up Shop isn't really close to Central Park.
    Looks like it will take about a half hour to get down there our hotel on the Upper West Side...
    I may just wait and swing by there on Sunday after the show!!

Yeaaaaaaaa Dave the pope is gonna be in town From Thursday afternoon to Sunday. Friday morning he's gonna go from WTC to Spanish Harlem THROUGH CENTRAL PARK to MSG.

What I'm saying is unless you go on Tuesday/Wednesday it's gonna take longer than you think to get down there.

But don't worry guys. I'm already in line.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Will be fun!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    probably best that we see these posters first ;)

• Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    demetrios said:

- Inventory will be held back for each day Monday through Saturday. Any remaining inventory will sold on Sunday.

Monday?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Same here. I was in and out during my lunch break.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    dankind said:

Same here. I was in and out during my lunch break.
    I disagree. This is for the only US show. Not sure you guys have seen what this has become on last falls tour. I predict it will be just like the outside Merch booths like Wrigley.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...