WELKER, PJ = must have
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    demetrios said:

Suziemay said:

pdalowsky said:

Suziemay said:

pdalowsky said:

Seriously, people cannot be queuing already for the pop up shop. If they are, then that is truly insane.

Pretty sure they are messing around :)
    You sure???
    I'm gonna keep telling myself that ;) I can't live in a world where people start lining up more than 24 hours before. For merch!
    Apple fanboys line up & wait outside stores for weeks for their new Apple products across the globe.
    Yes, but Apple makes product. Pearl Jam makes music. Merch is secondary. My opinion but obviously it's already happening, I'll just pretend that it's not for self-preservation.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Suziemay said:

pdalowsky said:

Suziemay said:

pdalowsky said:

Seriously, people cannot be queuing already for the pop up shop. If they are, then that is truly insane.

You sure???
    I'm gonna keep telling myself that ;) I can't live in a world where people start lining up more than 24 hours before. For merch!
    Apple fanboys line up & wait outside stores for weeks for their new Apple products across the globe.
    Which is INSANE considering you can buy it the next day or come in to a store before they close and they'll have it…

PJ merch is in the hundreds to thousands not millions...
  • Options

Suziemay said:

pdalowsky said:

Suziemay said:

pdalowsky said:

You sure???
    If people line up for this they will be really upset when they finally get in...
    Yup. It's NYC merch and there will be plenty of it. Anyone who is expecting old rarities or anything more limited than the posters will be sorely disappointed. No need to line up for hours to get a poster with an edition in the hundreds. 4 times.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    my2hands said:

there has been no mention of proceeds going to global citizen, or any other cause...

i understand the band employs a lot of people that need to get paid and provide for their families... and i understand this band is full of generous guys that are, from what i can tell, great people that are far from greedy... BUT... i'm just picturing a bunch of fat & happy members of western society standing in line for hours just to buy hundreds of dollars of crap to celebrate an event thats intention is to end extreme poverty

we are talking about children that sift through garbage dumps daily just to survive... living in total squalor... people with no water, no electricity, no access to education, no fucking hope at all... meanwhile i am in line with my $5 latte buying a bunch of fucking junk that i dont need... for 6 days lol

not trying to bring anyone down, i like the merch stuff as much as the next guy, i've just really been thinking about this for a few days now

not calling anyone, or the band, hypocrites or evil capitalist pigs... if i go i wil probably end up with a print... i just think maybe they could have not rolled out the merchandising machine for this event

Hi my2hands!

Please read the statement below. It was copied from the original press release about the Pearl Jam NYC Volcom Pop-Up Shop.

"Proceeds benefit Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation in support of poverty projects."

I'm happy to educate you!!! Please let me know if you are interested in learning how you can participate in the effort to end extreme poverty. Enjoy the festival and your $5 latte
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,448
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    igotid88 said:

Lots of good items!

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I really like the shirt on the left, with Pearl Jam in an apple design. Cool stuff!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Fuck me, I may have to go to this thing after all. I really like the subway shirt! Fuck fuck fuck :anguished:
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    samjam said:

I really like the shirt on the left, with Pearl Jam in an apple design. Cool stuff!

Agree Sam! I also like the middke top subway style shirt. Getting excited!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    I like the subway shirt, big apple shirt, both hats...and all 4 posters even though I have yet to see them. ha i have issues
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    igotid88 said:

Where'd you get this pic? I've seen it twice now.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Fuck me, I may have to go to this thing after all. I really like the subway shirt! Fuck fuck fuck :anguished:

Bahahaha!!!

(That shirt is fucking awesome)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,448
    edited September 2015
    badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Facebook who got it from a guy on instagram. Wasn't sure about it at first
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    edited September 2015
    Ugh, I hate it all except for the hats. I hope there is more. I need a hoodie.
  • Options
    Where's the stickers?!?

I'll be out there today so if u see me come say hello.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    edited September 2015
    igotid88 said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Mr. Tsurt are the one's doing Pearl Jam's merchandise, for year's now. https://instagram.com/mrtsurt/ . Keep checking back for more updates.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721

Where's the stickers?!?

have fun Chris
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Mr. Tsurt are the one's doing Pearl Jam's merchandise, for year's now. https://instagram.com/mrtsurt/ . Keep checking back for more updates.
    Did you notice the pic prior to the one above on their instagram?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    edited September 2015
    100 Pacer said:

demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

badbrains said:

igotid88 said:

Did you notice the pic prior to the one above on their instagram?
    Oh yeah! :)

Must be a sticker on the back of a poster.
    I can't wait to see. :)
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Like the Apple shirt...black shirt again,,,,ugh.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    OK I have two GA tickets (for free) in exchange for someone who can pick up that blue and orange hat for me. You give me the hat, i will give you the cash for the hat and the tix.
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    I like those hats! Hopefully some left on Friday afternoon when I arrive.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    So how bad is the line already?
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Shit, one of the hats is already on eBay. Haha true story
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    So BB, excuse my ignorance, and I do know USA sport well (for an Aussie, especially NYC teams) but in the pic its different to the one on eBay. Are there 3 types then?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    schapp said:

100 Pacer said:

Suziemay said:

Don't drive. Subway, walk or Uber it. Manhattan is not conducive to driving and you will just be wasting time, money and energy.

Well unfortunately the subway won't take me directly from Toronto to NYC ;)

It's all good. I'm arriving very early on Saturday and was just looking to see if I could leave the car parked somewhere for a few hours before moving to a parking structure.

If I'm going back and forth on the subway for 4 trips is it cheaper to just buy a day pass vs paying cash?
    If you are arriving early, there are plenty of parking locations offering early bird specials. I've used http://nyc.bestparking.com/ in the past to see where to park.

I don't drive much in the Upper West Side area, but there might be a bunch of streets without parkmeters. If arriving early, that might be a good option. Just read the signs on the street to see the parking rules... and read them well :D
    Just wanted to thank you for sharing that URL - the site has proven to be most helpful as I coordinate logistics and decide on the best location to park at. It appears as if paid meters are few and far between on th streets of Soho. I'm taking the Holland Tunnel into the city which is convenient relative to the store's location and will look at a couple of parking structures before pulling the trigger.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Where's the stickers?!?

have fun Chris
    I'll pick u something up Paul. Hopefully there are stickers.
  • Options

So BB, excuse my ignorance, and I do know USA sport well (for an Aussie, especially NYC teams) but in the pic its different to the one on eBay. Are there 3 types then?

Shit! Good catch release. Just saw that it looks different then the pic.
  • Options
    The one on the bay sort of resembles a NY Giants logo.