Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626

Fortunately I work in Brooklyn, so I'll be hitting the shop everyday hoping to get all 4 posters.

If you grab extras I'd need some help. Not coming to NYC until Friday.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Fortunately I work in Brooklyn, so I'll be hitting the shop everyday hoping to get all 4 posters.

That's cheating! (Joking! I wish I could hit the shop every day)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    I'm also not getting in until Friday night. I was thinking about hitting the shop late Friday, and again Saturday morning. If anybody has an update on on poster inventory, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not waste a trip Friday night if they are already sold out( which I'm guessing they will be).
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,453
    edited September 2015
    Suziemay said:

Don't drive. Subway, walk or Uber it. Manhattan is not conducive to driving and you will just be wasting time, money and energy.

Subway or walk better. Uber might be just as expensive
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    edited September 2015
    i hate this being on other side of the world shit. i don't need posters or shirts, and don't expect rare shit sold at pop up shop for me (although i would love it lol) so if anyone didn't mind buying the merch like stickers, pins, a cap then i would be forever grateful. anything small and should be no trouble. let me know.

i had great helpers last tour. will pay before hand. ..like now if u want.

just looking for some help. 1 person did take $50usd off me last tour never to return. ..so only looking for good hello thanks
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    Suziemay said:

Don't drive. Subway, walk or Uber it. Manhattan is not conducive to driving and you will just be wasting time, money and energy.

Well unfortunately the subway won't take me directly from Toronto to NYC ;)

It's all good. I'm arriving very early on Saturday and was just looking to see if I could leave the car parked somewhere for a few hours before moving to a parking structure.

If I'm going back and forth on the subway for 4 trips is it cheaper to just buy a day pass vs paying cash?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options

I was thinking about leaving Boston early on Saturday & trying to check out the store mid-day.......

It sounds like it will be a $hit show, now I'm thinking F-it, I'll take my time driving to the city, have a good meal when we land there & just enjoy the day rather than stressing about time.

I love the posters, but the fact is I already have more than I know what to do with. I need reasons NOT to buy the posters. If the shirts are that awesome, I won't mind paying double on eBay, ESPECIALLY if parking would cost $30-50....... Add that onto the cost of a shirt, and the aggravation factor of getting in there, sounds like an even trade to me.

At the end of the day, it's just stuff. (Stuff I don't need either....... But w/ that being said, I sure do love my Wrigley flag!)
  • Options
    Bushleaguer666Bushleaguer666 Long Island Posts: 45
    If I'm going back and forth on the subway for 4 trips is it cheaper to just buy a day pass vs paying cash?

There's no day pass. However, you can buy a MetroCard for any amount. If you're going to use it only 4 times buy a card for $11 plus the $1 fee for the card.
    Holmdel, NJ; July 14, 2003
    Continental Airlines Arena, NJ; June 1, 2006
    Madison Square Garden; June 24, 2008
    The Prudential Center; May 18, 2010
    Madison Square Garden 2; May 21, 2010
    Barclay Center 2; October 19, 2013
    Charlottesville, VA; October 29, 2013
    Tulsa, OK; October 8, 2014
    Lincoln, NE; October 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN; October 14, 2014
    Global Citizen; September 26, 2015
    Tampa, FL; April 11, 2016
    Madison Square Garden 1; May 1, 2016
    Madison Square Garden 2; May 2, 2016
    Toronto, Canada 2; May 12, 2016
  • Options
    schappschapp Posts: 160
    100 Pacer said:

Suziemay said:

It's all good. I'm arriving very early on Saturday and was just looking to see if I could leave the car parked somewhere for a few hours before moving to a parking structure.

If you are arriving early, there are plenty of parking locations offering early bird specials. I've used http://nyc.bestparking.com/ in the past to see where to park.

I don't drive much in the Upper West Side area, but there might be a bunch of streets without parkmeters. If arriving early, that might be a good option. Just read the signs on the street to see the parking rules... and read them well :D
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    100 Pacer said:

Suziemay said:

I don't think they do Day passes (used to be called fun pass) anymore.
    http://web.mta.info/nyct/fare/FaresatAGlance.htm

mta.info is the website for the NYC subway info

Edit: I've been Googling. They killed the Fun Pass back in 2011 because of the scammers. I don't know when they killed the 3 day pass but that's gone too. You'll need to get the Pay Per Ride card, but the good thing about that is you only need to get one. (unlimited cards can only be used once every 18 minutes)
    Here's the link to the calculator:http://enterprise.mtanyct.info/MetroCardCalculator/

If you are buying a new card and you only need to make four trips for one person it looks like the magic number is $10.91.

Since I switched to the EasyPayExpress I don't have to deal with this crap and I've evidently forgotten about stupid the MTA can be. Welcome to NY!
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    safe to assume they save enough to have all 4 posters available on Saturday?

or will they shit the bed and sell out before the actual day of the show?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    any idea if security will let people in the festival with tubes? making a day trip and won't have a choice if I buy prints
  • Options
    my2hands said:

any idea if security will let people in the festival with tubes? making a day trip and won't have a choice if I buy prints

According to the news release, the pop up shop will be the only place to buy PJ merch.

There will be no PJ merch sold at the show, so I wouldn't bother bringing your tube.
  • Options

my2hands said:

According to the news release, the pop up shop will be the only place to buy PJ merch.

There will be no PJ merch sold at the show, so I wouldn't bother bringing your tube.
    If I go to the festival it's a day trip riding the train into the city and back home afterwards... so I will have nowhere to stash my stuff if I go to the pop up shop beforehand...

No point in going to the shop for me if I can't take a tube into the festival... and something tells me that tubes will not be permitted in the venue
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

If I go to the festival it's a day trip riding the train into the city and back home afterwards... so I will have nowhere to stash my stuff if I go to the pop up shop beforehand...

No point in going to the shop for me if I can't take a tube into the festival... and something tells me that tubes will not be permitted in the venue
    maybe see if your gym has locations near CP? I don't know if Penn or GC has lockers that you can rent. I can't imagine they would.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,404
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Hit the shop, grab you stuff, hit the closest FedEx/UPS and mail it to yourself, hit the show. Boom!
  • Options

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Hit the shop, grab you stuff, hit the closest FedEx/UPS and mail it to yourself, hit the show. Boom!
    that's actually a very good idea.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

Brilliance right there!

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    So how's the lineup outside the Volcom store in NYC? Anyone waiting?
    Doors open tomorrow @ 11am. :p
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    demetrios said:

I'm #22 on the list, no joke. Line check is around 5pm and 3am :p
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options

demetrios said:

I'm #22 on the list, no joke. Line check is around 5pm and 3am :p
    are you serious?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

that is what ive been thinking about... but honestly, merch isnt worth all that hassle... if i go i think im skipping the shop

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    ldent42 said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

that's actually a very good idea.
    That is a pretty brilliant idea. Good thinking!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    demetrios said:

Still here. Running out of rations.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    This opens tomorrow, right?
    The announcement reads inventory will be held back Monday - Sunday, but I don't think it's really open for another 24 hours.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    Seriously, people cannot be queuing already for the pop up shop. If they are, then that is truly insane.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pdalowsky said:

Seriously, people cannot be queuing already for the pop up shop. If they are, then that is truly insane.

Pretty sure they are messing around :)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    pdalowsky said:

Paul , you know we are talking about Pearl Jam fans right?

Plus everyone that going just to sell all this on eBay.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Will there be a flyer of sorts like Wrigley to show what is available for purchase?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    cmalisze said:

Will there be a flyer of sorts like Wrigley to show what is available for purchase?

Hope so
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville