Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    demetrios said:

What they should of enforced for this Pop Up Shop event @ Volcom store is the first 3 day's they should of made it available for 10club members only. Only 10club paying members can get access to the Pearl Jam merchandise @ the store. Those who were paying 10club members before September 10th 2015. Day 4, 5 & 6 make it available to the public. Or yet, after 4pm each day, non 10club members can get access to the Pearl Jam merchandise.

But .. with all of these rules would need a lot of patience & a lot help from others. But no need for that right? Ya gotta sell, sell, sell & fast! I mean you're doing this in the biggest city in the USA. For 6 day's. Open to the public. Anyone on the street can go in and purchase as much stuff as possible. You don't need to be a Pearl Jam fan to wait in line. Am I right? I've read stories online where there are organizations who pay people by the hour to wait in lines to purchase merchandise for their company. Seriously.

Events like this, for 6 day's, they should of offered something 1st to the paying 10club members. Give them a chance first. Then serve everyone else. Oh well. If only I was running this Pop Up Shop event. My fellow 10club members wouldn't be disappointed. Trust me.

What they should do is offer this stuff only to fan club members at the same time. Or have a pre-sale for them. Having it be 10c only the first 3 days does not help people not getting to the city until Friday. A lot of people will be making a killing off this stuff on eBay.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

dankind said:

This won't be as bad as most people think. Remember the shop when they played Brooklyn? It was shirts and posters just like this. I walked in the day after they opened, bought a poster and walked out. It's not gonna be 9 hours of hundreds of people waiting to buy a poster.

Same here. I was in and out during my lunch break.
    I disagree. This is for the only US show. Not sure you guys have seen what this has become on last falls tour. I predict it will be just like the outside Merch booths like Wrigley.
    Wrigley was a major event though in Pearl Jam's history. This is headlining a festival. While I do think there will be a crowd on the first day, I don't think it'll be as insane as Wrigley. Of course I could be 100% wrong but I just don't feel the same excitement over Wrigley as I do for this.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    pdalowsky said:

probably best that we see these posters first ;)

DEFINITELY!!
    I'll have to buy at least one poster,
    even if they are all Don Pendleton designs!!
    :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I like the Pendleton Cincinnati design. I also like the Lightning Bolt album art. I think every poster collection should contain one. :fearful:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968

demetrios said:

What they should of enforced for this Pop Up Shop event @ Volcom store is the first 3 day's they should of made it available for 10club members only. Only 10club paying members can get access to the Pearl Jam merchandise @ the store. Those who were paying 10club members before September 10th 2015. Day 4, 5 & 6 make it available to the public. Or yet, after 4pm each day, non 10club members can get access to the Pearl Jam merchandise.

But .. with all of these rules would need a lot of patience & a lot help from others. But no need for that right? Ya gotta sell, sell, sell & fast! I mean you're doing this in the biggest city in the USA. For 6 day's. Open to the public. Anyone on the street can go in and purchase as much stuff as possible. You don't need to be a Pearl Jam fan to wait in line. Am I right? I've read stories online where there are organizations who pay people by the hour to wait in lines to purchase merchandise for their company. Seriously.

Events like this, for 6 day's, they should of offered something 1st to the paying 10club members. Give them a chance first. Then serve everyone else. Oh well. If only I was running this Pop Up Shop event. My fellow 10club members wouldn't be disappointed. Trust me.

What they should do is offer this stuff only to fan club members at the same time. Or have a pre-sale for them. Having it be 10c only the first 3 days does not help people not getting to the city until Friday. A lot of people will be making a killing off this stuff on eBay.
    Ah. Forgot about the folks coming into town late for the Global Citizen festival. By the time they arrive into town to visit the Volcom store the prints & other exclusive merchandise will probably be sold out. Especially if they are doing variants, foils, glow in the dark etc.. I guess it's their lost. *twisted evil.

But yes they should make this a 10club members only event. Do it from 11am to 4pm at least. What I would do is have two or three 10club workers at the door asking shoppers before entering the store their 10club #. The member can come into the Volcom store 3 more times the whole week, max, to shop around. After 4pm, they don't need to check 10club members #.

Ok, I'll stop. :p Just wish I could attend this.
    You guy's have all the fun. :(
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Ah. Forgot about the folks coming into town late for the Global Citizen festival. By the time they arrive into town to visit the Volcom store the prints & other exclusive merchandise will probably be sold out. Especially if they are doing variants, foils, glow in the dark etc.. I guess it's their lost. *twisted evil.

But yes they should make this a 10club members only event. Do it from 11am to 4pm at least. What I would do is have two or three 10club workers at the door asking shoppers before entering the store their 10club #. The member can come into the Volcom store 3 more times the whole week, max, to shop around. After 4pm, they don't need to check 10club members #.

Sorry, I meant it should be sold online here in the webstore. Similar to how other bands do it for big events.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Sorry, I meant it should be sold online here in the webstore. Similar to how other bands do it for big events.
    THAT would be fantastic!! But, never gonna happen. Any left overs goodies from the Pop Up Shop event won't be sold @ the 10club store till after their Latino American tour.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    It looks like I might actually be able to go to this on Thursday or Friday! (Shock). I have both of those days off for our holiday and should be able to go one of them. How this all happened on the same days is some crazy coincidence. What else is usually sold at the pop up shops besides the posters? Any other prized pj merch? I've never paid super close attention bc it was never a remote possibility that i might make it. I think there were Benny's sold at the Seattle pop up shop. Any other vinyls? My heart just got a little racy thinking I might be able to find something No Code >>>> Avocado! Any chance?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    They will print a fuck ton of prints, shirts, and stickers for this
  • Options
    Too late....I am already in line....planning on staying in my tent and ordering take-out with soft-serve ice cream for dessert every day until this thing wraps up....

Speedy & I just booked our flights. We're starting the line tomorrow.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    shit, I am getting into NYC after the store closes on Friday. guess I will swing by Sat or Sunday. hopefully some prints will still be available. at least one poster to commemorate the event.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:

shit, I am getting into NYC after the store closes on Friday. guess I will swing by Sat or Sunday. hopefully some prints will still be available. at least one poster to commemorate the event.

We won't be getting into NYC until later on Friday evening too...
    AND hoping they'll be on sale at the venue on Saturday!!
    All I'm hoping for is one nice poster from the event :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    derbydave said:

lolobugg said:

me too, DAVE.
    I only bought one at PJ20... just want something from the event.
    hopefully they will have some left over for us later arriving folks.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

You were in line @ Seattle so do you remember people giving others in line a membership card? I do.
    There isn't anyway to police this.
    At Wrigley the same thing. Exclusive hotel package gets you a shot at the merch in the shop there, nope. I met people in line that did not have the hotel package.
    The only place I saw this work was at the Wrigley BBQ/Sound check. They had a "GASP" list...
    I'll be there and hopefully can pick up a few stickers for the faithfull...

See you there!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    If I get asked for my membership number I'm screwed. Maybe If I log in here from my phone theyll let me in?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    edited September 2015
    Just a thought...

1) Each day from Sunday-Friday, new items go on the Ten Club website. Items may only be picked up at the Volcom shop, and will not be shipped. Order confirmation page and photo ID required to pick up orders.
    2) By the day after, orders are picked and set aside, like a ticketing will call. (i.e. day one orders are picked and ready for day two and onwards)
    3) Any unreserved stock from the previous day gets released to the public in the store, in a separate lineup.
    4) Unpicked items at the end of the event are refunded, and go on sale online.

Essentially, the shop becomes primarily a pickup location, Ten Club customers are preferred, and the insane lines will be to have your order fulfilled, rather than to get to the front and be disappointed.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

You were in line @ Seattle so do you remember people giving others in line a membership card? I do.
    There isn't anyway to police this.
    At Wrigley the same thing. Exclusive hotel package gets you a shot at the merch in the shop there, nope. I met people in line that did not have the hotel package.
    The only place I saw this work was at the Wrigley BBQ/Sound check. They had a "GASP" list...

See you there!
    THAT happened in Seattle? I had no idea. I was pretty much 10th in line freezing my butt off.

Have a great time at this months Pop Up Shop. I hope the experience is better then prior events.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214

See you there!

thats true only at wrigley bbq all was fine

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    why this things called pop up shop?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

They "Pop up" out of no where!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    I'm going to pass unless they have a really cool NYC shirt that doesnt specifically say central park 9.26.15 on it
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    benjs said:

Just a thought...

1) Each day from Sunday-Friday, new items go on the Ten Club website. Items may only be picked up at the Volcom shop, and will not be shipped. Order confirmation page and photo ID required to pick up orders.
    2) By the day after, orders are picked and set aside, like a ticketing will call. (i.e. day one orders are picked and ready for day two and onwards)
    3) Any unreserved stock from the previous day gets released to the public in the store, in a separate lineup.
    4) Unpicked items at the end of the event are refunded, and go on sale online.

Essentially, the shop becomes primarily a pickup location, Ten Club customers are preferred, and the insane lines will be to have your order fulfilled, rather than to get to the front and be disappointed.

That's a pretty cool idea.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    9-22
    8:30 Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
    9:00 45 min drive into city
    9:45 Coffee at Porto Rico on Bleeker
    9:50 walk over to 446 Broadway
    10:00 get in line
    10:05 burn a second one down while coffee is still warm

9-23
    Colbert baby!
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206

I like the Pendleton Cincinnati design. I also like the Lightning Bolt album art. I think every poster collection should contain one. :fearful:

Same. :fearful:

We land (in theory) at 9AM on Friday. I'm not sure if it's worth fighting to get down there. :/ Especially since this will be our only day in NYC. I think I'd rather spend it doing other things. But we'll see.
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575

Make you pop up in your pants.

"Why now u not popping?"
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220

Is there a list for this line I can sign up for??
    Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
  • Options
    rstein27 said:

Is there a list for this line I can sign up for??
    1-2Feign
    2-Speedy
    3-rstein27
    4-
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Is selling merch for 6 days a little much for 1 festival appearance that you may or may not be actually headlining? I'm all for posters, merch, etc... i love some of the stuff...

but 6 days of merch sales smells a little too much like Gene Simmons to me
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    my2hands said:

Is selling merch for 6 days a little much for 1 festival appearance that you may or may not be actually headlining? I'm all for posters, merch, etc... i love some of the stuff...

but 6 days of merch sales smells a little too much like Gene Simmons to me

OMG! You've smelled Gene Simmons??
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 260
    derbydave said:

lolobugg said:

From the newsletter: "The Volcom store will be the only location where you can purchase the full NYC PJ merchandise line that week." Not sure anything will be at Central Park on Saturday...