Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No
    Edit
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes
    ....if actually runs...he could win, the current polls have him by a landslide but 1 in 3 say thay are not sure if he is serious about running.

Godfather.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I am American - No
    I would say there is a zero percent chance he wins. Maybe a <1% chance he wins the R nomination.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    No
    I am having real trouble understanding why in the world he is running at all.... Is there actual logic and a true belief system and a purpose behind it - like doesn't he really give a shit??? Or is it all just a symptom of some kind of delirium?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Can i just keep stating what a joke this bad hair creep is ill never vote for a turd that insulted my whole Race never .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

Can i just keep stating what a joke this bad hair creep is ill never vote for a turd that insulted my whole Race never .......

ummm a little thin skinned are we ?

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

Godfather.

If you like him have at it with him to me his a dick , and if he said all Italians are mobsters or all Irish are drunks would you still feel the same way about him ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Would love to see the quote where he said all Mexicans are anything? I'm having trouble finding that. Are criminals coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Are good people coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Thats what he said. Mind boggling how that could be offensive.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

....if actually runs...he could win, the current polls have him by a landslide but 1 in 3 say thay are not sure if he is serious about running.

Godfather.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but there is no way Trump wins anything. I doubt he wins a primary. Nobody wants a guy that is worth $10 billion running the country. Not that Reagan, Bush, clinton, bush, and Obama weren't rich. But trump is on a different level. He can't connect with middle america. Just because he wants to put landmines on the border?

That being said, I can't count how many times in the last 2 weeks I've heard "I'd vote for trump. Better choice than Hilary." I chuckle when I hear that. As bad as I think Hilary would be as a president, there is no way she would do worse than trump. Trump is obviously a brilliant business man. But that doesn't make a great president. It doesn't even make a good politician. Do any of you that think trump may be a good option want Donald Trump negotiating peace treaties with the likes of iran, north korea, or syria? That would scare the piss out of me.

I do think trump is serious about a run this year. But inevitably, he will put his foot in his mouth much like Rick perry, Howard dean, mitt romney, and countless less other have. Hell, he tried his best on the first day of his campaign. In my opinion, he will not make a good president or a good presidential nominee.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

Godfather.

If you like him have at it with him to me his a dick , and if he said all Italians are mobsters or all Irish are drunks would you still feel the same way about him ?
    honestly no, it takes more than that to get me upset but I understand where your coming from and I don't blame you a bit.......now if he said all bikers are trash .....I'd laugh because I know better LOL!!! and I think you do too.

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes

Godfather.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but there is no way Trump wins anything. I doubt he wins a primary. Nobody wants a guy that is worth $10 billion running the country. Not that Reagan, Bush, clinton, bush, and Obama weren't rich. But trump is on a different level. He can't connect with middle america. Just because he wants to put landmines on the border?

That being said, I can't count how many times in the last 2 weeks I've heard "I'd vote for trump. Better choice than Hilary." I chuckle when I hear that. As bad as I think Hilary would be as a president, there is no way she would do worse than trump. Trump is obviously a brilliant business man. But that doesn't make a great president. It doesn't even make a good politician. Do any of you that think trump may be a good option want Donald Trump negotiating peace treaties with the likes of iran, north korea, or syria? That would scare the piss out of me.

I do think trump is serious about a run this year. But inevitably, he will put his foot in his mouth much like Rick perry, Howard dean, mitt romney, and countless less other have. Hell, he tried his best on the first day of his campaign. In my opinion, he will not make a good president or a good presidential nominee.
    I doubt seriously I'd vote him (he's dangerous) I'm just pointing out that him winning could be very real.

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes
    Shawshank said:

Would love to see the quote where he said all Mexicans are anything? I'm having trouble finding that. Are criminals coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Are good people coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Thats what he said. Mind boggling how that could be offensive.

I can't find it either...and I looked, this is turning into a witch hunt.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

And you won't find anything remotely close to that.

Funny, I wonder how many other candidates are saying they want legal immigration to be made easier? They want to make all health insurance plans available across state lines. They wat to make sure those that cant afford insurance can get it. They want to penalize corporations for moving manufacturing and jobs out of the US?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    I am American - No
    To be fair, you guys do have a point. To my knowledge he never said "all" and it has been misconstrued that he did.

Still an asshat though.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Don't get me wrong. He's a prick. But none of those people are your friend. I prefer to have someone be blunt and to the point, whether I agree with them or not. That is where he's going to have the upper hand in comparison to the other robots running. He will lean way left compared to some of them and still capture the conservative majority, because people are sick of the establishment. Of course that's if he doesn't screw up.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Nobody wants a guy that is worth $10 billion running the country.

You're joking right? You do realize that banks and corporations hold Presidents hostage for their contributions right? People wouldnt be electing Jeb Bush, they would be electing Goldman bankers and every other corporation that finances his campaign. Same on both sides.

Would you rather a billionaire run the country that you can see? Or a group of them hiding in the shadows pulling the strings?

Post edited by Shawshank on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    Shawshank said:

"Some, I assume, are good people"
    If he has to assume that some are good that means he has never met any that he thought were good.
    That's pretty bad.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I am American - No
    Pretty clear message Trump conveyed when you listen to what he said and how. As pointed out "some may be good".
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

Nobody wants a guy that is worth $10 billion running the country.

You're joking right? You do realize that banks and corporations hold Presidents hostage for their contributions right? People wouldnt be electing Jeb Bush, they would be electing Goldman bankers and every other corporation that finances his campaign. Same on both sides.

Would you rather a billionaire run the country that you can see? Or a group of them hiding in the shadows pulling the strings?

You clearly missed my point. I'm well aware of the Fed and it's stranglehold on American politics.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

"They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and they're rapists,” this is what trump said. If you can't see the racism in that, you may be a racist.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

"They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and they're rapists,” this is what trump said. If you can't see the racism in that, you may be a racist.
    .....so be it, as you wish my friend.......that's a racist remark ? cause Trump is white right ?

Godfather.

• Options

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

.....so be it, as you wish my friend.......that's a racist remark ? cause Trump is white right ?

Godfather.

Its racist because it's racist. Not because he's white. They're rapists. Sounds to me like he's saying they are all rapists.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Its racist because it's racist. Not because he's white. They're rapists. Sounds to me like he's saying they are all rapists.
    so what ! I call a rapist a rapist, I call a drug dealer a drug dealer so I'm racist ? again I say the race card is abused...what is racism in the political arena ? to be honest he called it right and a bunch of people agreed with him...he never said ALL mexican people..you guy's added that twist.
    racist ?.......way off base.

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes
    Donald Trump officially put his name in the ring for the 2016 elections, and he touched down like a tornado with his presidential announcement at the Trump Tower in New York.
    The well-known entrepreneur and American success story is brazenly taking a stab at real change for our country, with a solid plan to do away with the “losers” who run what was once the most powerful nation in the world.
    His announcement speech exposed the flaws of the nation’s leaders and recalled strong elements from his best-selling book, “Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again.”
    America has become the world’s “dumping ground” for everyone else’s problems. A “whipping boy” for other countries as we sink further and further into the debt of no return.
    Trump warns of so-called leaders willingly giving our jobs to foreign hands and further crippling the economy. Literally taking future opportunities from our children and grandchildren.
    Meanwhile those same leaders feed America’s looming debt beast — an $18 trillion tab — with foreign aid and terrible negotiations.
    And what then do we get for extending our wealth to help a legion of other countries? Lack of respect. We’re the “laughingstock” of the world.
    Americans are tired. They’re apathetic when it comes to political rhetoric. And Trump wants to “Make America Great Again.”
    “Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again” is a pointed reflection on America today. It’s a face-the-facts profile of the damage the Obama administration has done and the concrete solutions needed to stop our decline. Some topics include:
    • How to undo the fraud of Obamanomics and the disaster of Obamacare
    • How to secure our border and stop Mexico’s illegal tidal wave
    • How to create American jobs by forcing Communist China into truly fair trade
    • How to retire our debt without endangering long-established programs — like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid — that millions of Americans depend on
    • How to put OPEC out of business

hahhahhahha get ya some of that !

Godfather.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited July 2015
    I am American - No
    he says those things... but they are so vague. The equivalent is if some candidate came in guns ablaze for the Democrats promising to 'fix the climate' or 'broker world peace.'

"How to undo the fraud of Obamanomics and the disaster of Obamacare" What does that even mean? In what ways does he feel like "Obamacare" is a disaster (and what is the alternative?)

These people get twisted up that Obama and "the left" make "America" "look weak" and that Obama goes on "apology tours"... but out of the same mouths claim that "America has become the world’s “dumping ground” for everyone else’s problems." and "Lack of respect. We’re the “laughingstock” of the world."

Says he doesnt want to be a dumping ground and fund everyone else's problems... but I wonder if that includes Israel... I bet not.

How does one "put OPEC out of business"?
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    I am American - No

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

NO there may be a non rapist. Maybe.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    MayDay10 said:

he says those things... but they are so vague. The equivalent is if some candidate came in guns ablaze for the Democrats promising to 'fix the climate' or 'broker world peace.'

"How to undo the fraud of Obamanomics and the disaster of Obamacare" What does that even mean? In what ways does he feel like "Obamacare" is a disaster (and what is the alternative?)

These people get twisted up that Obama and "the left" make "America" "look weak" and that Obama goes on "apology tours"... but out of the same mouths claim that "America has become the world’s “dumping ground” for everyone else’s problems." and "Lack of respect. We’re the “laughingstock” of the world."

Says he doesnt want to be a dumping ground and fund everyone else's problems... but I wonder if that includes Israel... I bet not.

How does one "put OPEC out of business"?

good questions.... it beats the hell out of me but I'll hold off on buying the book LOL !

Godfather.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I am American - No
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/248157-univision-poll-trump-in-trouble-with-hispanics

Clinton 70% Trump 16% in this poll of Hispanics. I'd say they are offended by his remarks regardless of how he wants to spin them.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited July 2015
    No

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

so what ! I call a rapist a rapist, I call a drug dealer a drug dealer so I'm racist ? again I say the race card is abused...what is racism in the political arena ? to be honest he called it right and a bunch of people agreed with him...he never said ALL mexican people..you guy's added that twist.

Godfather.

It was totally racist. What he said is not a mystery. He said that Mexico isn't sending its best. It's sending drug dealers and rapists (and a few good ones). For one, since when did the Mexican government send illegal immigrants? That made no sense. At any rate, what he essentially said is that there are a ton of Mexicans in the US, and a bunch of them are drug dealers and rapists. What this does is create a stigma that racists will cling to, and breed suspicion of Mexicans in general. When someone running for the Presidency says something like this about an ethnic group it absolutely suggests that he feels like extreme criminality is a common trait among the people of that ethnicity. Of COURSE it came off as racist. But honestly, whether you think it was a truly racist comment or not, are you seriously okay with a person so painfully lacking in tact and sensitivity - so completely lacking any political skills - being the POTUS????
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

It was totally racist. What he said is not a mystery. He said that Mexico isn't sending its best. It's sending drug dealers and rapist (and a few good ones). For one, since when did the Mexican government send illegal immigrants? That made no sense. At any rate, what he essentially said is that there are a ton of Mexicans in the US, and a bunch of them are drug dealers and rapists. What this does is create a stigma that racists will cling to, and breed suspicion of Mexicans in general. When someone running for the Presidency says something like this about an ethnic group it absolutely suggests that he feels like extreme criminality is a common trait among the people of that ethnicity. Of COURSE it came off as racist. But honestly, whether you think it was a truly racist comment or not, are you seriously okay with a person so painfully lacking in tact and sensitivity - so completely lacking any political skills - being the POTUS????
    exactly....and the goal is to fire up the GOP base so they are mad at hispanics (which ones are illegal? who can tell?) and ignore how the rich are getting richer on the backs of the middle class and poor.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana