Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

callen said:

GF, come on the illegal alien problem is a demand problem. Period. We wave our greenbacks and then shocked that desperate starving people try to grab them. Turn your anger and disgust at those that hire illegals. Realize that this entails criticizing people that are just like us and even us that hire them to wash our cars , cut our grass and prepare our food.

Why didn't anything get done during Bush? Well cause many of his campaign contributors gained wealth using this cheap labor. This is all a red hearing to get Americans to vote against their best interests by using fear.

just a side note..washing cars and cooking tacos is not all that has been happening, look at the construction trades...no obla no trabho, they have destroyed the pay scale and job market for Americans who work construction.

Godfather.

Destroyed the pay scale? What is your source for that?

My experience has been that they are paid the same or better. They are very reliable employees and they work their asses off. If anything they up the pay scale and allow lazy white workers to make more because of their hard work.
    while I worked the construction field for most of my life I saw the changes coming, I was on a job with my crane one day about 13 years ago with a customer I'd worked with many times before and asked the owner of the framing company where was the forman/carpenter I usally work with was at and his answer was that he coud hire 5 guys (all illegals) for what he paid the forman..and that's what he had done and I thought to myself "what fuckin asshole this guy is" so after that I made sure to avoid his jobs, thats what has happened to the const. pay scale and thats also what happened to the(poor) quality of work a customer gets from companys that hires illegals.
    most of the const. companys hire low wage illegals over experianced American to save $10 to $20 an hour, fuck man just go to home depot and look at whats going on...it sucks !

Godfather.

So it's the employer breaking the law and causing the issue. The "illegals" that I know won't work for less than they are worth.
    The illegals I know work for $7-10 per hour. Far less than the Americans doing the same job.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298

callen said:

GF, come on the illegal alien problem is a demand problem. Period. We wave our greenbacks and then shocked that desperate starving people try to grab them. Turn your anger and disgust at those that hire illegals. Realize that this entails criticizing people that are just like us and even us that hire them to wash our cars , cut our grass and prepare our food.

Why didn't anything get done during Bush? Well cause many of his campaign contributors gained wealth using this cheap labor. This is all a red hearing to get Americans to vote against their best interests by using fear.

just a side note..washing cars and cooking tacos is not all that has been happening, look at the construction trades...no obla no trabho, they have destroyed the pay scale and job market for Americans who work construction.

Godfather.

My experience has been that they are paid the same or better. They are very reliable employees and they work their asses off. If anything they up the pay scale and allow lazy white workers to make more because of their hard work.
    while I worked the construction field for most of my life I saw the changes coming, I was on a job with my crane one day about 13 years ago with a customer I'd worked with many times before and asked the owner of the framing company where was the forman/carpenter I usally work with was at and his answer was that he coud hire 5 guys (all illegals) for what he paid the forman..and that's what he had done and I thought to myself "what fuckin asshole this guy is" so after that I made sure to avoid his jobs, thats what has happened to the const. pay scale and thats also what happened to the(poor) quality of work a customer gets from companys that hires illegals.
    most of the const. companys hire low wage illegals over experianced American to save $10 to $20 an hour, fuck man just go to home depot and look at whats going on...it sucks !

Godfather.

So it's the employer breaking the law and causing the issue. The "illegals" that I know won't work for less than they are worth.
    The illegals I know work for $7-10 per hour. Far less than the Americans doing the same job.
    Yeah same around these parts so that means employer pockets more profit ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes
    brianlux said:

rgambs said:

and any repete offender who comes to the US ilegally should be given 1 year in jail and all thier property home, cars, etc. in the US sold to recoop a small part f the cost to deal with ilegal immergration

Godfather.

Have you thought about the massive burden that would put on an already overburdened prison system?
    Definitely. It's bad enough that we have so many people in prisons who do not belong there in the first place.

Not to mention that 99.999% of illegal immigrants do not own property, cars, homes etc.

This one's not going to float. Try again, Godfather.

so you guys are saying that it's o.k for ilegals to break our laws because they do it in such large numbers ? I agree the prisons are over populated as it is so why not make it hartder for them to come across or harder to live once they get here, no government housing, food stamps, health care
    legal help....nothing ! and add a ten year sentance to anybody cought hiring them for any reason and anybody transporting or picking them up at home depot gets 10 years as well. how does that sound ?

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes
    and by the way this is not a "how hard they work issue" if they do or not matters not ! they are here ilegally period ! and costing Americans money and lot of it. this state has less money spent on the homless than it does on ilegal immigration...I believe.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

and any repete offender who comes to the US ilegally should be given 1 year in jail and all thier property home, cars, etc. in the US sold to recoop a small part f the cost to deal with ilegal immergration

Godfather.

Have you thought about the massive burden that would put on an already overburdened prison system?
    Definitely. It's bad enough that we have so many people in prisons who do not belong there in the first place.

Not to mention that 99.999% of illegal immigrants do not own property, cars, homes etc.

so you guys are saying that it's o.k for ilegals to break our laws because they do it in such large numbers ? I agree the prisons are over populated as it is so why not make it hartder for them to come across or harder to live once they get here, no government housing, food stamps, health care
    legal help....nothing ! and add a ten year sentance to anybody cought hiring them for any reason and anybody transporting or picking them up at home depot gets 10 years as well. how does that sound ?

Godfather.

Nope, only saying that imprisoning them all is not even remotely possible.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    rgambs said:

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what other country caters to ilegals like we do ? that would be interesting to find out, some countries just shoot tresspassers, mexico's prison (mesa) offers no food or medical care unless it's paid for by the prisoner or thier familys or friends(my friends brother died in mesa) so please remind me how bad the ilegals are treated here.

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what other country caters to ilegals like we do ? that would be interesting to find out, some countries just shoot tresspassers, mexico's prison (mesa) offers no food or medical care unless it's paid for by the prisoner or thier familys or friends(my friends brother died in mesa) so please remind me how bad the ilegals are treated here.

Godfather.

I didn't say anything about how we treat them or how we keep them out or let them in. What I said was that imprisoning millions of additional people is not physically possible.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    We don't have to send them to prison. We just send them back.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2015
    No
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

Lol. Aparently not.
    I can't even imagine having a mindset where I think that working to earn money (and doing it because someone hired them to) for food and clothes and shelter for themselves and their families is an offense deserving prison time and the loss of everything one owns. Wtf GF. Did you really think that statement through??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited July 2015
    I am American - No

callen said:

Godfather.

By "they" I hope you mean the home builders that hire them. Or the Americans that but the houses and not pressing for domestic labor. Again blaming the illegals is disingenuous.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I am American - No
    In Texas the laws protect home builders from being targeted by hiring illegals. All contractors. There is no push, none, to hold home builders accountable. One of the biggest republican canpaign dinars is Perry homes that built his empire on illegal labor. Dubya and ex governor current pres runner Rick Perry that take his money. Republicans have successfully fooled Americans into thinking this is a Dem issue. It's not. It's a money issue.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I am American - No

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I'm saying anger is directed at the wrong people. The ones that control all this are the ones with money as is always the case. Follow the money. Not the poor humans risking their lives for 7 bucks an hour.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I am American - No
    When you are a Republican running for President, sentiments like this from RUPERT MURDOCH cannot be good news for your cause:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I am American - No
    Think this is the big biginning of the end for trump. He screwed up.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Trump said the he doesn't seek forgiveness from God because he doesn't feel he needs to. Ok. The funny part is he said this at an event put on by and filled with evangelical christians. Oops. He did say that when he does go to church he drinks the wine and eats the cracker thing, so that is his way of asking for forgiveness.

This won't be the last time he puts his foot in his mouth. As I have said, he has no chance.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I am American - No

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

There are plenty of people that work off the grid whether they are illegal or not. Some people receiving disability income can't show other income so they work for cash rather than a paycheck.

That's an employer issue. If the employers stop doing that would the problem be solved?

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

There are plenty of people that work off the grid whether they are illegal or not. Some people receiving disability income can't show other income so they work for cash rather than a paycheck.

That's an employer issue. If the employers stop doing that would the problem be solved?

I'm not talking about cash jobs. The illegals I know come equipped with fake SS numbers. One got busted about a year ago and was deported.
  • Options
    I am American - No

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I'm not talking about cash jobs. The illegals I know come equipped with fake SS numbers. One got busted about a year ago and was deported.
    if they are using fake SSNs they aren't getting paid less than minimum wage

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I know. I said earlier they are getting paid $7-10 per hour. Which is less than what the legals get paid. I don't know their exact pay scale, but very few if them make over $9/hour.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I didn't say anything about how we treat them or how we keep them out or let them in. What I said was that imprisoning millions of additional people is not physically possible.
    got any ideas ?

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

and that's called identy theft.

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes
    Trump shit his hole full when he said Mc Cain is no war hero...that may have sunk any plans he has of being president.

Godfather.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No

Trump shit his hole full when he said Mc Cain is no war hero...that may have sunk any plans he has of being president.

Godfather.

He had zero chance of becoming president before he stepped in that shit pile.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    I am American - No

Godfather.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No

Godfather.

A quote from some article I read on google regarding his statement about McCain and how it could sink him or propel him further.
    "If this was a traditional candidacy, I'd say put a fork in it; he's over; it's done," GOP campaign veteran Phil Musser says. But given Trump's anti-establishment message, "there could be a scenario where the entire field teams up against Donald Trump and Donald tells them all to go to hell and he rises in the polls."
    I'm sure that could happen but he will be ripped apart in any kind of debate in a general election. Zero chance he wins a national election. I can't figure out if he actually thinks he can win, is running interference for someone, or just wants to keep his name in the news. If I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it, but this guy is a clown. Not going to happen.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    I've been reading news and social media and it looks like Trump has lost nothing from the public over his McCain comments but the GOP will be on his ass.

Godfather.
  • Options

I've been reading news and social media and it looks like Trump has lost nothing from the public over his McCain comments but the GOP will be on his ass.

Godfather.

So your Facebook and Twitter feeds are full of trump fans. Ok.

He has put his foot in his mouth one to many times. He is finished.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    No
    Am I the only one who hopes that he actually does win the primaries? I've personally got my fingers crossed... all for awful voyeuristic reasons (not to mention the boost it would give any Dem candidate), which I feel kind of bad about, but I can't help it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

Am I the only one who hopes that he actually does win the primaries? I've personally got my fingers crossed... all for awful voyeuristic reasons (not to mention the boost it would give any Dem candidate), which I feel kind of bad about, but I can't help it.

I'm with you....I love it. I was looking forward to watching the GOP crash and burn in 2016 and now with Trump along for the ride it just couldn't be any better.

I'm still predicting that he breaks off from the GOP and runs as an independent. Either that or he drops out before too long.

• Options
    I am American - No
    Hope the same. Hell if trump wins nomination, Bernie could beat him.