Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Shawshank said:

Would love to see the quote where he said all Mexicans are anything? I'm having trouble finding that. Are criminals coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Are good people coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Thats what he said. Mind boggling how that could be offensive.

I can't find it either...and I looked, this is turning into a witch hunt.

Godfather.

"They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and they're rapists,” this is what trump said. If you can't see the racism in that, you may be a racist.
    .....so be it, as you wish my friend.......that's a racist remark ? cause Trump is white right ?

Godfather.

Its racist because it's racist. Not because he's white. They're rapists. Sounds to me like he's saying they are all rapists.
    so what ! I call a rapist a rapist, I call a drug dealer a drug dealer so I'm racist ? again I say the race card is abused...what is racism in the political arena ? to be honest he called it right and a bunch of people agreed with him...he never said ALL mexican people..you guy's added that twist.
    racist ?.......way off base.

Godfather.

So what? If you want to call an convicted rapist a rapist, fine. But if you're going to call an entire race of people rapists, your a racist.

For the record, I ado not support legalizing the illegals already here. I think every last one of the illegals in this country should be deported. If you are here legally and you are going through the proper channels, fine. But that doesn't mean I want a potential future candidate to call an entire race of people rapists and criminals. Trump is a moron.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Would love to see the quote where he said all Mexicans are anything? I'm having trouble finding that. Are criminals coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Are good people coming across the border from Mexico illegally? Yep. Thats what he said. Mind boggling how that could be offensive.

Godfather.

"They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and they're rapists,” this is what trump said. If you can't see the racism in that, you may be a racist.
    .....so be it, as you wish my friend.......that's a racist remark ? cause Trump is white right ?

Godfather.

Its racist because it's racist. Not because he's white. They're rapists. Sounds to me like he's saying they are all rapists.
    so what ! I call a rapist a rapist, I call a drug dealer a drug dealer so I'm racist ? again I say the race card is abused...what is racism in the political arena ? to be honest he called it right and a bunch of people agreed with him...he never said ALL mexican people..you guy's added that twist.

Godfather.

It was totally racist. What he said is not a mystery. He said that Mexico isn't sending its best. It's sending drug dealers and rapists (and a few good ones). For one, since when did the Mexican government send illegal immigrants? That made no sense. At any rate, what he essentially said is that there are a ton of Mexicans in the US, and a bunch of them are drug dealers and rapists. What this does is create a stigma that racists will cling to, and breed suspicion of Mexicans in general. When someone running for the Presidency says something like this about an ethnic group it absolutely suggests that he feels like extreme criminality is a common trait among the people of that ethnicity. Of COURSE it came off as racist. But honestly, whether you think it was a truly racist comment or not, are you seriously okay with a person so painfully lacking in tact and sensitivity - so completely lacking any political skills - being the POTUS????
    his lack sensitivity means little to me, ....would someone please say what racism is because if it's as petty as the shit Trump is being accused of then we are screwed, any comment made can be seen as racism, damn those redskins they lost again !.......that must mean I hate all indians ! right ?

Godfather.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Racism
    1)the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2)poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

3) the belief that some races of people are better than others
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

It was totally racist. What he said is not a mystery. He said that Mexico isn't sending its best. It's sending drug dealers and rapists (and a few good ones). For one, since when did the Mexican government send illegal immigrants? That made no sense. At any rate, what he essentially said is that there are a ton of Mexicans in the US, and a bunch of them are drug dealers and rapists. What this does is create a stigma that racists will cling to, and breed suspicion of Mexicans in general. When someone running for the Presidency says something like this about an ethnic group it absolutely suggests that he feels like extreme criminality is a common trait among the people of that ethnicity. Of COURSE it came off as racist. But honestly, whether you think it was a truly racist comment or not, are you seriously okay with a person so painfully lacking in tact and sensitivity - so completely lacking any political skills - being the POTUS????
    his lack sensitivity means little to me, ....would someone please say what racism is because if it's as petty as the shit Trump is being accused of then we are screwed, any comment made can be seen as racism, damn those redskins they lost again !.......that must mean I hate all indians ! right ?

Godfather.

Will you still feel the same way about his lack of sensitivity when he has alienated all of your allies?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

Racism
    1)the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2)poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

3) the belief that some races of people are better than others

so did he do any of those things ?

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Will you still feel the same way about his lack of sensitivity when he has alienated all of your allies?
    easy bronco(not a racial slurr) I never said I'd vote for him how ever I seem to be one of the few who agrees with his comment about our country being shit on by our nieghbors to the south and the race card being pulled (as always) to distract attention from the real issues.

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    edited July 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

easy bronco(not a racial slurr) I never said I'd vote for him how ever I seem to be one of the few who agrees with his comment about our country being shit on by our nieghbors to the south and the race card being pulled (as always) to distract attention from the real issues.

Godfather.

Sorry wrong poll I thought you said you would vote for him any way I don't think people are worried about him actually making it deep into the race ...
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Sorry wrong poll I thought you said you would vote for him any way I don't think people are worried about him actually making it deep into the race ...
    good morning Jose ! I have this feeling he'll be like a bottle rocket...take off burning hot ,explode in a big beautiful display then fizzle out....but if he actually runs there will be some folks standing beside them selfs with disbelief......as I was when obama got elected (still just blows my mind)

Godfather.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    I am American - No
    I think the only Americans who are concerned deep down that Trump can win are Republican strategists and power brokers. The crazy wing of the party seizing control of the nominating process has to be a nightmare scenario for them. Trump is the current embodiment of that nightmare.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    I am American - No
    JimmyV said:

I think the only Americans who are concerned deep down that Trump can win are Republican strategists and power brokers. The crazy wing of the party seizing control of the nominating process has to be a nightmare scenario for them. Trump is the current embodiment of that nightmare.

Agreed....he just called McCain a "dummy" yesterday and then said that Perry should be "forced to take an IQ test"

He's destroying them and I love it. Although I think he's horribly disrespectful to McCain

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    JimmyV said:

maybe that's what we need to send a message to the all the clowns in government,this could be an opertunity to stand aginst the long running Bozo way of doing things.

Godfather.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No

JimmyV said:

Agreed....he just called McCain a "dummy" yesterday and then said that Perry should be "forced to take an IQ test"

He's destroying them and I love it. Although I think he's horribly disrespectful to McCain

Perry IQ test. Hahahahahaha. Sooo true. He needs to be careful. Lotsa Perry supporters like this goon.

I used to respect McCain but the old man cranky get off my lawn syndrome had infected his mind and he wants war.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I am American - No

JimmyV said:

maybe that's what we need to send a message to the all the clowns in government,this could be an opertunity to stand aginst the long running Bozo way of doing things.

Godfather.

Yeah GF agree.

And will give you this, would have gotten better deal than Kerry on Iran. Hey Stop smiling God Father, hard for me to have to admit this.

:)
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I am American - No
    callen said:

I used to respect McCain but the old man cranky get off my lawn syndrome had infected his mind and he wants war.

its just a bloodlust with the guy
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    callen said:

JimmyV said:

Godfather.

Yeah GF agree.

And will give you this, would have gotten better deal than Kerry on Iran. Hey Stop smiling God Father, hard for me to have to admit this.

:)
    shhhhhh mums the word Bro.

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    No

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Funny, because I thought that it was his comments about Mexico not sending their best and how they are mostly a bunch of rapists and drug dealers that pulled attention from the real issue, which would be America's justice and immigration system.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    the US is spending billions every year on its immigration system so something is defently wrong with it, the US is I believe the only country in the world that does what it does for immagrents and pretty much turns its head to illegals coming across its borders, I read an artical a while back that claims the US has more illegal immagrints than any other country so I ask myself how are we supposed to support our citizens that are legal Americans (homless-hungry-unployed-sick etc.) while we cater to the needs of people that are by all rights criminals because they cross illegally and demand medical-housing and so on then not to mention the cost of legal representation for the ones who come here and comit other crimes....something needs to be done.

Godfather.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    GF, come on the illegal alien problem is a demand problem. Period. We wave our greenbacks and then shocked that desperate starving people try to grab them. Turn your anger and disgust at those that hire illegals. Realize that this entails criticizing people that are just like us and even us that hire them to wash our cars , cut our grass and prepare our food.

Why didn't anything get done during Bush? Well cause many of his campaign contributors gained wealth using this cheap labor. This is all a red hearing to get Americans to vote against their best interests by using fear.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    callen said:

GF, come on the illegal alien problem is a demand problem. Period. We wave our greenbacks and then shocked that desperate starving people try to grab them. Turn your anger and disgust at those that hire illegals. Realize that this entails criticizing people that are just like us and even us that hire them to wash our cars , cut our grass and prepare our food.

Why didn't anything get done during Bush? Well cause many of his campaign contributors gained wealth using this cheap labor. This is all a red hearing to get Americans to vote against their best interests by using fear.

just a side note..washing cars and cooking tacos is not all that has been happening, look at the construction trades...no obla no trabho, they have destroyed the pay scale and job market for Americans who work construction.

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - No

callen said:

just a side note..washing cars and cooking tacos is not all that has been happening, look at the construction trades...no obla no trabho, they have destroyed the pay scale and job market for Americans who work construction.

Godfather.

Destroyed the pay scale? What is your source for that?

My experience has been that they are paid the same or better. They are very reliable employees and they work their asses off. If anything they up the pay scale and allow lazy white workers to make more because of their hard work.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    If anything GF it's the employers who benefit from cheap labor ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

callen said:

Godfather.

My experience has been that they are paid the same or better. They are very reliable employees and they work their asses off. If anything they up the pay scale and allow lazy white workers to make more because of their hard work.
    while I worked the construction field for most of my life I saw the changes coming, I was on a job with my crane one day about 13 years ago with a customer I'd worked with many times before and asked the owner of the framing company where was the forman/carpenter I usally work with was at and his answer was that he coud hire 5 guys (all illegals) for what he paid the forman..and that's what he had done and I thought to myself "what fuckin asshole this guy is" so after that I made sure to avoid his jobs, thats what has happened to the const. pay scale and thats also what happened to the(poor) quality of work a customer gets from companys that hires illegals.
    most of the const. companys hire low wage illegals over experianced American to save $10 to $20 an hour, fuck man just go to home depot and look at whats going on...it sucks !

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - No

callen said:

Godfather.

while I worked the construction field for most of my life I saw the changes coming, I was on a job with my crane one day about 13 years ago with a customer I'd worked with many times before and asked the owner of the framing company where was the forman/carpenter I usally work with was at and his answer was that he coud hire 5 guys (all illegals) for what he paid the forman..and that's what he had done and I thought to myself "what fuckin asshole this guy is" so after that I made sure to avoid his jobs, thats what has happened to the const. pay scale and thats also what happened to the(poor) quality of work a customer gets from companys that hires illegals.
    most of the const. companys hire low wage illegals over experianced American to save $10 to $20 an hour, fuck man just go to home depot and look at whats going on...it sucks !

Godfather.

So it's the employer breaking the law and causing the issue. The "illegals" that I know won't work for less than they are worth.

• Options
    I am American - Yes

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

So it's the employer breaking the law and causing the issue. The "illegals" that I know won't work for less than they are worth.
    what are they worth ? your pay scale, your job ? your home ?
    any company that hires illegals should loose thier lic. bonding and all equipment found on the job site these illegals are working on and more than 2 offences should be manditory 1 year in jail..
    (three strikes and your out motherfucker) movie quote from "dead in five heart beats"

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes
    and any repete offender who comes to the US ilegally should be given 1 year in jail and all thier property home, cars, etc. in the US sold to recoop a small part f the cost to deal with ilegal immergration

Godfather.
  • Options
    I am American - No

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

what are they worth ? your pay scale, your job ? your home ?
    any company that hires illegals should loose thier lic. bonding and all equipment found on the job site these illegals are working on and more than 2 offences should be manditory 1 year in jail..
    (three strikes and your out motherfucker) movie quote from "dead in five heart beats"

Godfather.

Yes I agree the employer should be fined. They are when they are caught.

Catching them requires more government involvement on the hiring end. Are you for that? Or will you cry because of "intrusive government" when all new hires have to go through a government background check.

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Legal or not, they are without a shadow of a doubt, the hardest working people on planet Earth. I say that with the most sincere feeling of...just awe and respect that I can muster. I live in a new development, and I have seen those guys out working their asses off in blistering, unimaginable heat. I have seen them work on Thanksgiving morning, July 4th, even Easter and Christmas sometimes. All these days when most of us are chilling with family and friends. They are good people, but make no mistake, they are the modern day slaves. And we all benefit from it...we are all guilty. We buy houses built with cheap labor. We buy produce picked by men and women who don't make anywhere near a living wage. Not even close.

And why wouldn't they want to come here? They should want to come here, and we should welcome them with open arms. The problem is...you can't just have a porous border that goes unchecked and allows anyone and everyone to just enter. Sorry, that may be the utopian way of doing things, but that's not the right way. Not only is it wrong for security reasons, it's a slap to those that immigrate here legally.

I don't necessarily agree with Trump that Mexico is actually sending criminals here purposefully. I guess they could be, but I just don't see that. However, it would make sense. Why would they want those pieces of shit on their side of the border? And why is it that the Mexican President or other members of their government are the first ones to bitch when any substantial talk about border security arises. They say that a secure border would hurt relations with the U.S. Really?

What I find funny is the sheer level of ignorance displayed by some people. People will call Trump a racist and say that he spews anti-immigrant rhetoric, and people will lap that up without thinking. The fact is he is the only candidate thus far who has actually said it should be easier to immigrate here legally. The ONLY one! He has already said the laws are too restrictive, and need to be relaxed, yet at the same time, increasing the security on the border itself to keep out the criminal element. He's exactly right. Anyone that can argue against that is completely deluded and blinded by their own bias.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    Shawshank said:

Legal or not, they are without a shadow of a doubt, the hardest working people on planet Earth. I say that with the most sincere feeling of...just awe and respect that I can muster. I live in a new development, and I have seen those guys out working their asses off in blistering, unimaginable heat. I have seen them work on Thanksgiving morning, July 4th, even Easter and Christmas sometimes. All these days when most of us are chilling with family and friends. They are good people, but make no mistake, they are the modern day slaves. And we all benefit from it...we are all guilty. We buy houses built with cheap labor. We buy produce picked by men and women who don't make anywhere near a living wage. Not even close.

And why wouldn't they want to come here? They should want to come here, and we should welcome them with open arms. The problem is...you can't just have a porous border that goes unchecked and allows anyone and everyone to just enter. Sorry, that may be the utopian way of doing things, but that's not the right way. Not only is it wrong for security reasons, it's a slap to those that immigrate here legally.

I don't necessarily agree with Trump that Mexico is actually sending criminals here purposefully. I guess they could be, but I just don't see that. However, it would make sense. Why would they want those pieces of shit on their side of the border? And why is it that the Mexican President or other members of their government are the first ones to bitch when any substantial talk about border security arises. They say that a secure border would hurt relations with the U.S. Really?

What I find funny is the sheer level of ignorance displayed by some people. People will call Trump a racist and say that he spews anti-immigrant rhetoric, and people will lap that up without thinking. The fact is he is the only candidate thus far who has actually said it should be easier to immigrate here legally. The ONLY one! He has already said the laws are too restrictive, and need to be relaxed, yet at the same time, increasing the security on the border itself to keep out the criminal element. He's exactly right. Anyone that can argue against that is completely deluded and blinded by their own bias.

Not to distract from your post, which I agree with, but Amish have them beat. It is amazing to watch an Amish crew put up a barn, they Sprint from job to job and perform circus-worthy feats of strength!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No

and any repete offender who comes to the US ilegally should be given 1 year in jail and all thier property home, cars, etc. in the US sold to recoop a small part f the cost to deal with ilegal immergration

Godfather.

Have you thought about the massive burden that would put on an already overburdened prison system?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

Have you thought about the massive burden that would put on an already overburdened prison system?
    Definitely. It's bad enough that we have so many people in prisons who do not belong there in the first place.

Not to mention that 99.999% of illegal immigrants do not own property, cars, homes etc.

This one's not going to float. Try again, Godfather.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.