Options

Irritating Office Behavior

I work in an office. As many of us do. In a cube farm to be precise. In accounting. That right there, ladies and gentlement, is the trifecta of misery.

vent about your co-workers most irritating office behaviors here. Nothing is off limits.
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    one of my number 1 annoyances: people leaving shit on my chair instead of in my in basket. Seriously. This is the epitome of selfish, childish behaviour. These people think they can cut in line of everyone else who left me something to look at. Sometimes I'm tempted to take that item back to that person and leave it on their chair.

Insert confused look here.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    People that take conference calls at their desk. Go into a fucking conference room....the whole floor doesn't need to hear it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

one of my number 1 annoyances: people leaving shit on my chair instead of in my in basket. Seriously. This is the epitome of selfish, childish behaviour. These people think they can cut in line of everyone else who left me something to look at. Sometimes I'm tempted to take that item back to that person and leave it on their chair.

Insert confused look here.

:confused:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

People that take conference calls at their desk. Go into a fucking conference room....the whole floor doesn't need to hear it.

there's one woman I work with (a chair in-basket offender) who doesn't speak to one person in the company with the phone to her ear (she is in an office, however, but never closes her door). Always on speaker. Speaker is for multiple people in the room. I get so tired of that shitty conversation where one person's voice cuts the other's off.....use it only if you need to.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i worked in a office many years ago. i learned typing there & i did a lot of bullshit work. the company was being audited. during the audit five idiots were investigated for stealing cash from the cafeteria, vending machines, gift shop, accounts payable & even two company minivans w/ fuel cards totaling $14,000 in gasoline used on personal vacations. one of these asses down talked everyone. auditors are pretty crafting folks. one of them wore the business woman outfits, breasts & the whole nine yards. she was a long legged rockstar

what grinded my gears the most? the men's restroom had urine all over the floor, the walls, the urinals & the toilets. you'd think high dollar business professionals could pee correctly & nicely. buncha gross monsters
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    people who are too lazy to shut the door on the microwave ...
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    My 7 o'clock...the person who does absolutely nothing for the agency but is as loud as possible to "try" and show how stressed and busy they are.

To my 3 o'clock. This dude has the worlds largest frog farm in his throat. The noises he makes clearing that all day.

To my 12 o'clock. Dude can't eat yogurt. Makes him hack a lung. What does he do? Eats one for breakfast and another for lunch.

I can't stand going to the office. Today is a home day though :smile:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited February 2015
    Jason P said:

nuked uncovered chili, yes/no? nuked uncovered spaghetti, yes/no?
    http://agodlyheritage.org/monica_blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/microwaveabuse.jpg
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

My 7 o'clock...the person who does absolutely nothing for the agency but is as loud as possible to "try" and show how stressed and busy they are.

To my 3 o'clock. This dude has the worlds largest frog farm in his throat. The noises he makes clearing that all day.

To my 12 o'clock. Dude can't eat yogurt. Makes him hack a lung. What does he do? Eats one for breakfast and another for lunch.

your first one I relate to. the woman I work most close with, the next cube over, literally is bored about 75% of the time, chats all day, texts all day, reads the paper online all day. however, as SOON as someone comes to her asking her to do something, "oh my god, you have no idea how busy I am! don't you realize it's month END?". yeah, cause month end takes you more than 2 minutes.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    chadwick said:

Jason P said:

nuked uncovered chili, yes/no? nuked uncovered spaghetti, yes/no?
    http://agodlyheritage.org/monica_blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/microwaveabuse.jpg
    Once had someone who would microwave canned tuna for lunch. Office would smell like fish for the rest of the day. On the other end of the spectrum, there is the asshole that makes microwave popcorn in the afternoon which makes everyone hungry. The bossman finally made a declaration on both practices being ended.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

:lol::rofl: and ewe gross!

You should request a "move"! :anguished:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    I've got another. many times, certain people will come looking for a co-worker (and not always someone in the same department as me) to give them something. if the person they are looking for isn't there, I get the "can I leave this with you?" and they attempt to explain what it is and what it is for. No, you cannot leave it with me. I'm not their personal assistant. leave a note on their desk or come back.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I work in an office. As many of us do. In a cube farm to be precise. In accounting. That right there, ladies and gentlement, is the trifecta of misery.

vent about your co-workers most irritating office behaviors here. Nothing is off limits.

Sounds like my husband's place of work (he's in accounting too). But he works for VCA, so that trifecta is WAY lessened by the presence of multiple dogs chilling about the place on a daily basis.

I'm also fortunate that the bullshit where I spend my days is minimal.

I did work with one chick though who had no idea what "leap year" was. She also called me at home, after hours, about work-related stuff. The fuck? I'm home now, leave me alone.

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited February 2015
    I can't stand the people who talk loudly on their cell phones while in the elevator or in common areas. I don't need to hear you complain to your wife about work or about your kids. My work also caters in lunch everyday. A company comes in and sets up a buffet with serving utensils in every dish yet some decide to grab some of the food items like the bread for the panini machine with their hands. I also never see some of them wash their hands in the restroom or do it with water only. Last I checked water doesn't kill germs.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I can't stand the people who talk loudly on their cell phones while in the elevator or in common areas. I don't need to hear you complain to your wife about work or about your kids. My work also caters in lunch everyday. A company comes in and sets up a buffet with serving utensils in every dish yet some decide to grab some of the food items like the bread for the panini machine with their hands. I also never see some of them wash their hands in the restroom or do it with water only. Last I checked water doesn't kill germs.

I hear from some of the ladies I work with that women are WAY worse than dudes when it comes to this. Not sure how they know how bad the guys are, but either way. I wash no matter what I do in there, but I think it's even worse if you WIPE and you don't wash. That's just NASTY.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I am constantly having to snuff out drama. and I'm telling you, not as a sexist, but as an astute observer, that women are WAY worse than men about backstabbing in the workplace. It's not even a contest. Almost every second of the day I hear some female whispering nonsense to another female about someone that they are friends with to their face.

whenever I am confronted with some type of snyde comment about someone, I just say "hmm....wouldn't bother me" or "did you tell that person this bothered you?" and walk away. Either they'll shut up or find some other troll to bitch to. I don't need that in my life.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    cdysinge said:

That is the worst. I was actually just filling up my water bottle and there was some lady on the phone yelling at someone about something with her kid at school. I really don't get people....why the fuck would you want other people to be able to hear personal shit like that????
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    These are all I can relate too...
    My office is near two of the biggest yentas I've ever seen. It's almost nonstop whispers of this and that about stupid crap. During each convo, one of them almost always inevitably makes an audible sigh as if to say OMG. I swear it's as if someone was murdered. I don't know how they get any work done. I have to shut my door more often than not.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I can't stand it when someone takes their food out of the microwave before it's done and leaves the leftover time flashing on the screen. I don't want your 15 seconds you impatient bastard and you're really messing with my ocd.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    We have a secretary that curses like a sailor when the phone rings or bitches when a customer calls us more than once a day. It's comical and annoying as hell.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    I could love this thread.
    I can't stand (in no particular order):
    - cauliflowers in the microwave: ok, it's winter and there isn't so much choice but... every day?
    - complaining coworker if something has to be done in this way
    - same complainig coworker if something has to be done in THAT way
    - restrooms left in unbelievable conditions, mostly by women... no words
    - receptionist who doesn't understand the name of the callers 90% of the time: isn't it your freaking work?
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Since we're talking microwaves....if you have fish for dinner the night before and have leftovers, eat fish for dinner the next night. Don't bring your fish into my office and stink the place up
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    yeah, anything that once lived in water being reheated in the microwave is off limits for the office. or should be.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    My coworker listens to all my work phone calls and makes comments during the calls. I hate that.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Sales reps who don't or can't read my effing emails and send me an email 5 minutes later asking for the info I sent out already that I know they got.....I work with idiot sales reps and whiney drivers....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

Sales reps who don't or can't read my effing emails and send me an email 5 minutes later asking for the info I sent out already that I know they got.....I work with idiot sales reps and whiney drivers....lol

a girl who I knew was an airhead and repeatedly asked questions that were already answered in the email thread annoyed me one day to the point where, when she asked me a question, I simply replied "scroll down" and I had changed the font size of the answer she didn't read from a 12 to 72. and she was all pissed at ME. LOL. stop wasting my time, airhead.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

PJSiren said:

a girl who I knew was an airhead and repeatedly asked questions that were already answered in the email thread annoyed me one day to the point where, when she asked me a question, I simply replied "scroll down" and I had changed the font size of the answer she didn't read from a 12 to 72. and she was all pissed at ME. LOL. stop wasting my time, airhead.

Lol...that's a good one....a lot of the time I just forward the email I already sent to the idiot sales rep in question and they are quiet after that....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

PJSiren said:

Lol...that's a good one....a lot of the time I just forward the email I already sent to the idiot sales rep in question and they are quiet after that....
    yeah, I've done that one too!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    My boss constantly texts me when I'm at home because he doesn't know how to do something or can't find something. The more i responded to the texts, the more it kept happening. I don't even bother responding anymore. I'm not on call for him while I'm not working just because he's an idiot. Fuck that.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    In a previous office job I had a coworker who used to talk to himself. I say talk to himself, but what I mean is answer himself. He would be sitting at his desk affirming statements no one was making. He was also hard of hearing, so if you interrupted his one sided conversation he'd turn around or look up and yell "WHAT?" at the top of his lungs cuz he didn't hear what you'd said. Further to this point, he'd yell 24/7 even on the rare occasion he wasn't arguing with someone. The only time he wasn't yelling was when he was talking shit about people. And he complained about everything, all the time.
    Another one had the snot-sucking issue. He just made all kind of awful bodily noises, snot sucking, burping, throat clearing, nail biting (yes it WAS audible) etc.

I probably wasn't the best office mate either. I'm a loud typer. An unapologetically loud typer.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435