Options

Yield

Comments

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,594
    All Those Yesterdays LA Night 4..Faithful LA night 3..Wishlist LA Night 4..In Hiding still hiding...
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    All Those Yesterdays LA Night 4..Faithful LA night 3..Wishlist LA Night 4..In Hiding still hiding...

Got In Hiding @ Chicago. Was awesome!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    Thanks for keeping this thread going folks! Looking forward to possibly hearing some more YIELD in KC in May!!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    How about another Yield night once spring has sprung (the best time to listen to Yield)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:
    How about another Yield night once spring has sprung (the best time to listen to Yield)

Sure thing. I think this was the first year in a while that the YFC hasn't done a YIELD Night. Damn responsibilities!
  • Options
    airblue1airblue1 Posts: 401
    I Yield to Posting on this thread!!!
    But man Yield is great, however the older I get it stays the same age!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Can you fuckin believe that YIELD is almost 15 fuckin years old!? February 3rd!

Been spinning it lots lately. Watched/listened to Single Video Theory for about a week straight earlier this month, too.

Bought Yield on the day of release and it's still as powerful as it was then.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Such an amazing record! Midnight sale at our local when I was in college. By the I got to the checkout, had heard the entire thing on the store turntable.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Will always be my favorite. And although it came out in February, I didn't buy it or listen to it until May. I'm sorry I lost those 3.5 months. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Can you fuckin believe that YIELD is almost 15 fuckin years old!? February 3rd!

Been spinning it lots lately. Watched/listened to Single Video Theory for about a week straight earlier this month, too.

Bought Yield on the day of release and it's still as powerful as it was then.

Fuckin' A, man.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    It was wonderful to see PJ play "All Those Yesterdays" for the first time live, in Park City, Utah, 6.21.98. Instead of the line "All those paper plates", Ed replaced it with "That old moshpit phase...".
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    It was wonderful to see PJ play "All Those Yesterdays" for the first time live, in Park City, Utah, 6.21.98. Instead of the line "All those paper plates", Ed replaced it with "That old moshpit phase...".

Beautiful stuff, Jerome. Post more about YIELD, please...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I wanna talk about some fucking YIELD

It seems like it came out just yesterday.... Jesus time flies
  • Options
    I am ashamed that we are approaching the 15th anniversary of this epic masterpiece yet it is hardly being discussed. Is this a pearl Jam board or not? I hear pearl Jam radio is having an all-day event to celebrate the album's birth. That's awesome.

Had we been more organized, we could have demanded a YIELD medley be performed by the band during the Super Bowl halftime. That would have ruled.
  • Options
    BlkFlgBlkFlg Posts: 27
    Holla.

"YFC in the house"
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    Also-

"YFC Sergeant-At-Arms in the house". Keep it on the rails, folks. No talking about Riot Act here, keep moving.
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    I was out jogging to YIELD last night. Works very well running 11km :thumbup:
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    Mango wrote:
    I was out jogging to YIELD last night. Works very well running 11km :thumbup:

Totally.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,728
    Yield- my first vinyl PJ record (bought when it first came out for something like $7.99) and still my favorite. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 998
    Yield was the thank you to hardcore fans for hanging around through some rough times. Not sure if Yield is my favourite but it is great album & also it was from this point where the posters really came to the fore & the touring became more like you would expect of the best band in the world. Sadly I never hear any from Yield on the radio but that is surprising as there are only maybe half a dozen songs that radio would play from the entire PJ catalogue.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Also-

"YFC Sergeant-At-Arms in the house". Keep it on the rails, folks. No talking about Riot Act here, keep moving.

Good on ya, Sarge.

I have to say, I only listen to YIELD periodically these days. I don't want to cheapen it...even after 15 years.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I remember buying the yield album at a midnight sale at Best Buy.....Yield is a masterpiece...But, No Code is and always will be my favorite album...

jeremy
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i sincerely feel that yield is the greatest album ever recorded by any band ever

i'm not blowing smoke and i'm not embellishing

a fucking masterpiece

(binaural tour>yield tour though.....just sayin)
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    So yeah we should keep YIELD stats for this years' tour like we used to. I'll enter Wrigley's songs. All DTE of them. :fp:
  • Options
    2013 US Tour YIELD Stats:

London- Given to Fly, In mf'in Hiding! (Of course the show right before mine. :fp: ) Do the Evolution, Brain of J

Wrigley- Lowlight, Do the Evolution, Faithfull, Wishlist, Leatherman! (B-side)
  • Options
    I remember buying the yield album at a midnight sale at Best Buy.....Yield is a masterpiece...But, No Code is and always will be my favorite album...

jeremy

This
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    i sincerely feel that yield is the greatest album ever recorded by any band ever

a fucking masterpiece

(binaural tour>yield tour though.....just sayin)

IMO, Yield is the second greatest record ever recorded. Just behind London Calling by the Clash.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    I loved Yield since it came out in 98 and went to my first 3 PJ shows ever on that tour (now sitting pretty at 21). Not too long after that I read Ishmael by Dan Quinn and really started questioning man's role on earth and what we are doing to it. Not too long after that I discovered that the band read the book right around the time they were making the album so naturally I read the book a half dozen more times and analyzed every single lyric of Yield. I find that there's a strong correlation between the album and the moral of Ishmael and that was when my life was changed for ever. It was the most impressionable event in the shaping of my perspective on philosophy, the interconnectedness of all living things & the realization that there is nothing special about man in regards to his ranking amongst every other living thing that has ever sprung forth except of course for his cunning. YIELD TO NATURE.
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • Options

a fucking masterpiece

Right on, man.
  • Options
    AdamcadoAdamcado Posts: 74
    Mt first Pearl Jam record...

My favourite Pearl Jam record...
    In a former forum life I was Cropduster84