• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited February 2018
    RYME said:
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:
    RiotZact said:
    RYME said:
    Has Team Trump Treason ever fired a boom stick? Does Team Trump Treason carry an official membership card of the NRA? T Cubed ever hunt? How’s about serve in the military and have a rudimentary understanding of boom sticks? Anyone? But he’s your hero, huh? “Responsible” gun owners strike again. 
    Why can't you have a conversation with out being flip arrogant and cocky?
    There are valid points to be made on both sides of the gun debate  But it's impossible to have a conversation with "Has Team Trump ever fired a boom stick?"He's your hero, huh?  Responsible gun owners strike again."
    boom stick, I had to look it up on urban dictionary,  1 Sawed off shot gun, 2 shot guns, 3 male anatomy tool.lol Good times. ;)

See Power. PJ.
    Last time I checked PJPOWER isn’t the one who has silly nicknames and catchphrases for every single little thing and repeats them 300 times each every single day on AMT. 
    Care to answer the questions I posed about armor piercing and tracer rounds?
    Do you have any relevant statistics concerning the use of armor piercing or tracer ammo in the commission of violent crimes?

I asked how banning them would infringe upon your right to bear arms or why “responsible “ gun owners need it or require it.
    No, do you?
    Banning those things wouldn't have any impact on me. I have no practical need for either. I wouldn't consider them being banned as an infringement on my rights.

But, I feel it is worth considering that even though these things are legal and available, they are seldom used in violent crimes. This begs the question: Why focus on something that has little to no impact on violent crime statistics? 

If the goal is to reduce gun deaths, AP and tracer rounds are right at the bottom of the list of concern for me.

Instead, suicide prevention, gang task forces and the availability of handguns to criminals should be top priorities. 
    I 2nd that.  I have no interest in owning or using AP tracer rounds. 
    But I always go back to the (for lack of a better word) troubled individuals who are doing the shooting.
    If I owned a bazooka,  I'm still no threat to anyone.  Not going to be sitting on top of my garage shooting cars with it. 
    It's not the device, it's who is using the device.
    I agree that something needs to be done about gun violence.  I'd love to meet the anti gun crowd halfway.

What would that look like? Meeting the anti-gun crowd half way?

I don't know.  I don't think there is a perfect solution.
    I know that snipping at those you (I don't mean you specifically Halifax) snipping at those we disagree with, doesn't do a damn thing to reduce gun violence.
    1.  I'd be in favor of laws that might make it harder to get guns & ammunition in the first place.  Ya know, I can go into a Walmart & buy bullets off the shelf.  If bullets were behind lock and key and I had to show an ID in order to purchase bullets I'd be okay with that.  Maybe run a background check on anyone who's buying guns or ammunition.
     So they would be checking people without penalizing law abiding citizens.
    I would gladly put up with that inconvenience if it would help make ammo harder for the bad guys to get.  But I recognize if there's a common law abiding citizen who decides to snap all of a sudden, this idea wouldn't do any good. 
    2.  Education program to help the public or teachers better identify a troubled individual.  We probably never will be able to identify all problematic people.  But at least be able to blow a whistle if someone thinks someone is going down a bad path.  Try to get that person help before its to late.
    3.  Harsher penalties for crimes,
    Carjacking has become a huge problem, epidemic in Milwaukee.  
    People get violently forced out of their own car, sometimes at gunpoint & no jail time till the 3rd offense.  3rd offense really??  And when there is jail time, it's very short, the perpetrators are back on the street in a few weeks so they can do it again.
    It's unbelievable how tolerant and compassionate Society is to the crooks.
    In Milwaukee, the carjackers don't see any jail time until their 3rd offence.
    There's no magic pill, but I think society has got to crack down on crimes like that.  (50 years no parole on 1st offence)
    Then at least that person won't be causing any trouble for at least 50 years.

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    “Tough on crime” and all it implies, including diverting vast resources into the prison system, has been tried extensively in your country and doesn’t work. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Just watched Active Shooter: America Under Fire (this episode dealing with the Aurora massacre). Absolutely horrific viewing
  • Options
    Just watched Active Shooter: America Under Fire (this episode dealing with the Aurora massacre). Absolutely horrific viewing

I saw that. Nuts, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    dudeman said:
    RiotZact said:
    RYME said:
    Has Team Trump Treason ever fired a boom stick? Does Team Trump Treason carry an official membership card of the NRA? T Cubed ever hunt? How’s about serve in the military and have a rudimentary understanding of boom sticks? Anyone? But he’s your hero, huh? “Responsible” gun owners strike again. 
    There are valid points to be made on both sides of the gun debate  But it's impossible to have a conversation with "Has Team Trump ever fired a boom stick?"He's your hero, huh?  Responsible gun owners strike again."
    boom stick, I had to look it up on urban dictionary,  1 Sawed off shot gun, 2 shot guns, 3 male anatomy tool.lol Good times. ;)

See Power. PJ.
    Last time I checked PJPOWER isn’t the one who has silly nicknames and catchphrases for every single little thing and repeats them 300 times each every single day on AMT. 
    Do you have any relevant statistics concerning the use of armor piercing or tracer ammo in the commission of violent crimes?

I have lots of statistics of guns being used, rather talk limiting them? Didn’t think so. Funny when statistics matter and when they don’t.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    RiotZact said:
    RYME said:

See Power. PJ.

I have lots of statistics of guns being used, rather talk limiting them? Didn’t think so. Funny when statistics matter and when they don’t.

Lol

Yes it is.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    dudeman said:
    RiotZact said:
    RYME said:

See Power. PJ.

Sure, let's talk. Statistics can always be useful. 67% of people know that.

Want to talk about limiting the availability of handguns to criminals? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    i'm not sure why there is some moral difference between a pro-gunner laughing at an idiot shooting himself in the face and an anti-gunner laughing at the same thing. i operate machinery responsibly but i'm allowed to laugh at those Darwin award winners (just as much as anyone who chooses not to operate said machinery) who do so irresponsibly and fuck themselves up as a result. 

didn't you all laugh at cheney when he shot his friend while hunting? where was your sympathy and moral outrage then?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I always assumed it was never funny when anyone got shot.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:
    RiotZact said:
    RYME said:

See Power. PJ.

I asked how banning them would infringe upon your right to bear arms or why “responsible “ gun owners need it or require it.
    No, do you?
    Banning those things wouldn't have any impact on me. I have no practical need for either. I wouldn't consider them being banned as an infringement on my rights.

But, I feel it is worth considering that even though these things are legal and available, they are seldom used in violent crimes. This begs the question: Why focus on something that has little to no impact on violent crime statistics? 

If the goal is to reduce gun deaths, AP and tracer rounds are right at the bottom of the list of concern for me.

Instead, suicide prevention, gang task forces and the availability of handguns to criminals should be top priorities. 
    I 2nd that.  I have no interest in owning or using AP tracer rounds. 
    But I always go back to the (for lack of a better word) troubled individuals who are doing the shooting.
    If I owned a bazooka,  I'm still no threat to anyone.  Not going to be sitting on top of my garage shooting cars with it. 
    It's not the device, it's who is using the device.
    I agree that something needs to be done about gun violence.  I'd love to meet the anti gun crowd halfway.

What would that look like? Meeting the anti-gun crowd half way?

I don't know.  I don't think there is a perfect solution.
    I know that snipping at those you (I don't mean you specifically Halifax) snipping at those we disagree with, doesn't do a damn thing to reduce gun violence.
    1.  I'd be in favor of laws that might make it harder to get guns & ammunition in the first place.  Ya know, I can go into a Walmart & buy bullets off the shelf.  If bullets were behind lock and key and I had to show an ID in order to purchase bullets I'd be okay with that.  Maybe run a background check on anyone who's buying guns or ammunition.
     So they would be checking people without penalizing law abiding citizens.
    I would gladly put up with that inconvenience if it would help make ammo harder for the bad guys to get.  But I recognize if there's a common law abiding citizen who decides to snap all of a sudden, this idea wouldn't do any good. 
    2.  Education program to help the public or teachers better identify a troubled individual.  We probably never will be able to identify all problematic people.  But at least be able to blow a whistle if someone thinks someone is going down a bad path.  Try to get that person help before its to late.
    3.  Harsher penalties for crimes,
    Carjacking has become a huge problem, epidemic in Milwaukee.  
    People get violently forced out of their own car, sometimes at gunpoint & no jail time till the 3rd offense.  3rd offense really??  And when there is jail time, it's very short, the perpetrators are back on the street in a few weeks so they can do it again.
    It's unbelievable how tolerant and compassionate Society is to the crooks.
    In Milwaukee, the carjackers don't see any jail time until their 3rd offence.
    There's no magic pill, but I think society has got to crack down on crimes like that.  (50 years no parole on 1st offence)
    Then at least that person won't be causing any trouble for at least 50 years.

Regarding point number 3 and car jacking, it appears there are already laws inclusive of jail time on the books and the state legislature had been working on toughening them.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/auto-theft-laws-wisconsin.htm
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:
    RiotZact said:
    RYME said:

See Power. PJ.

Sure, let's talk. Statistics can always be useful. 67% of people know that.

Want to talk about limiting the availability of handguns to criminals? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
    The other 33% is Team Trump Treason’s base.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I wouldn't know. Not my scene.
  • Options
    Time out,
    I don't think we are going to solve the world's problems today.
    July Talk
    Guns & Ammunition
    https://youtu.be/iU5qp-cAtOU
    &
    My Neck,.
    https://youtu.be/8ehli9qON6M
    Cheers Canadians!!  Canada has produced some great musicians no doubt.  And July Talk is a continuation of that.
    Just trying to get us off the hamster wheel for a day.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dudeman said:
    Agreed.
    It says a good bit about the character of someone who thinks it's funny when someone gets shot in the face.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Seriously trying to understand your stance...So you are against hunting or?  How does this article have anything to do with “gun violence” in the context of this thread?  Last time I checked, geese are not endangered, so where do you really stand on hunting?  You post legitimate articles related to gun violence in reference to school shootings, mass shootings, accidental shootings, and then this random one of a hunter that was probably following all applicable laws and a freak occurrence?  It somewhat undermines your credibility in the debate in general.  People say that “no one wants all guns banned” and then you post something like this where a hunter was using a shotgun to shoot a goose and are happy he got hurt?  
    So be honest, you want all guns banned and hate hunters. Just come out and say it so that I can stop giving you any credibility and respect.
    Jesus dude, who pissed in your corn flakes this morning. But I do love how you staunch pro-gunners immediately resort to "you hate all hunters and want all guns banned" in almost every response. Talk about a credibility gap. For the record, if it'll lower your blood pressure, I don't hate hunters and I don't want to see all guns banned. And, the story fits this thread title as I'm willing to bet that a goose getting blown out the sky by a shotgun in a state in America is pretty violent. And no, I'm not happy the hunter got hurt but I'm laughing that you're so butt hurt by my post.
    Just trying to understand your stance.  Glad you are a supporter of hunting and owning hunting rifles and shotguns because 

To clarify, I approve of hunting for eating or rodent/pest/population control but not for "sport" or "trophy" hunting.
    And you therefor approve of the ownership of shotguns and hunting rifles, dually noted.  And here I thought you were against people owning guns.  I guess I was wrong about you.
    Here, I’ll post another funny hunting article :)
    http://www.wideopenspaces.com/duck-hunting-protester-gets-accidentally-shot-face-video/
    Sorry, but I don't find anyone getting shot in the face funny. Glad you revealed your responsible nature as a gun owner by finding humor in that. Guess I wasn't wrong about you.
    Meh, you are just being a snowflake.  I find Darwin nominees funny.
    That is fucked up. 
    A woman gets shot in the face and you think it's funny?
    Of course, she has different opinions than you do, so it's fair game I guess?
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Time out,
    I don't think we are going to solve the world's problems today.
    July Talk
    Guns & Ammunition
    https://youtu.be/iU5qp-cAtOU
    &
    My Neck,.
    https://youtu.be/8ehli9qON6M
    Cheers Canadians!!  Canada has produced some great musicians no doubt.  And July Talk is a continuation of that.
    Just trying to get us off the hamster wheel for a day.
    Woops didn't mean to quote myself.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    rgambs said:
    dudeman said:
    Agreed.
    It says a good bit about the character of someone who thinks it's funny when someone gets shot in the face.  
    i just did a search for 'cheney hunting'. you should too. many people, mostly left leaning on this forum, thought it was fucking hilarious and continued to use it as a talking point about who they thought should go hunting with him next, among other things. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2018
    There's no excuse for what Cheney did accidentally.  But the reason he didn't kill his buddy accidentally is because it was a shotgun at a distance.
    Once in 98, my dad & I were hunting pheasants, & there was a hunting group adjacent to us, a pheasant jumped up in front of that group and was flying straight towards us.  My dad and I both ducked.
    We (my dad & I didn't shoot at it because it was flying away from that other group towards us, to shoot at it would mean we are shooting at that other group of people).  They didn't extend that same courtesy.  50 yards away 2 guys pulled the trigger, missed the bird, but peppered us.  I felt the BBs hit the back side of my jacket.  I said nothing,  but my Dad tossed a few cuss words at them,
    (The Marine Corps veteran that he is) and we moved on.
    But a shotgun at close range is potentially far more devastating than a handgun or a rifle because it's a shot pattern but looses power quickly.  Close up it's 100+ skin pearcing holes & no chance of survival, 1 bullet in the wrong place does the same thing, but a bullet has a better chance of missing a fatal blow.  I don't know where I'm going with this,  I guess it's time to watch the Superbowl.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    Modern bird hunting is just ridiculous from top to bottom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    rgambs said:
    How so bud? My dad and I hunt together with a Brittany spaniel.  Two birds a day per person. I have a 20 gauge pump and my dad uses a side by side 12 gauge. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    How so bud? My dad and I hunt together with a Brittany spaniel.  Two birds a day per person. I have a 20 gauge pump and my dad uses a side by side 12 gauge. 

Ridiculous to those who don't know Jack Shit about what they're talking about.   
    We like Labradors. B). Labradors flush, & Brittanys point.  Both are amazing to watch.
    Some here, don't know what we're talking about when they say "Modern bird hunting is ridiculous."
    Maby a wood fire to keep warm is outdated to.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

We like Labradors. B). Labradors flush, & Brittanys point.  Both are amazing to watch.
    Some here, don't know what we're talking about when they say "Modern bird hunting is ridiculous."
    Pretty darn arrogant to say that those who disagree with you don’t know jack shit. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Pretty darn arrogant to say that those who disagree with you don’t know jack shit. 
    So tell me about your bird hunting experiences. What gun do you use? Bird dog or just go out with fellow humans and drive/flush? Favorite recipe?  Grouse? Pheasant? Quail?
  • Options
    Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I "don't know jack shit" RYME.

Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up, shooting birds on the wing isn't very safe. 
    Eating wild game birds sounds like fun, until you do it.  Stringy, gamey, and biting into birdshot is not the minor inconvenience bird hunters want to pretend it is.
    Buying farmed pheasants, starving them without food and water for a few days, and then spinning them around to disorient them and keep them close has become the norm in most of the country where pheasant and grouse aren't abundant enough.
    Generally, hunting dogs aren't acceptable pets and pets aren't good hunting dogs.  That's all fine except that all the bird and rabbit dogs I know of live in kennels and only get attention on the hunt.
    Turkey hunting is ok by me, it takes serious patience and skill.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up, shooting birds on the wing isn't very safe. 
    Eating wild game birds sounds like fun, until you do it.  Stringy, gamey, and biting into birdshot is not the minor inconvenience bird hunters want to pretend it is.
    Buying farmed pheasants, starving them without food and water for a few days, and then spinning them around to disorient them and keep them close has become the norm in most of the country where pheasant and grouse aren't abundant enough.
    Generally, hunting dogs aren't acceptable pets and pets aren't good hunting dogs.  That's all fine except that all the bird and rabbit dogs I know of live in kennels and only get attention on the hunt.
    I have no clue how shooting ducks is fucked up. To me that is some of the hardest bird hunting as shots can be straight at you or waaay up high. Your explanation of pheasant hunting is  to me hunting “preserves” when you pay to hunt. This is not the case when hunting in a wildlife management area. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

So tell me about your bird hunting experiences. What gun do you use? Bird dog or just go out with fellow humans and drive/flush? Favorite recipe?  Grouse? Pheasant? Quail?
    I’m not claiming to know anything about bird hunting, am I?  But I think anyone paying attention on here knows that rgambs knows a thing or two about living in the country, so probably best not to assume he knows jack shit. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I’m not claiming to know anything about bird hunting, am I?  But I think anyone paying attention on here knows that rgambs knows a thing or two about living in the country, so probably best not to assume he knows jack shit. 
    Ok so you admit not knowing anything about bird hunting. Got ya. It was just a very odd statement claiming that people living in the country know something about bird hunting.

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Ok so you admit not knowing anything about bird hunting. Got ya. It was just a very odd statement. 

To me, yours is an odd statement. I’m commenting on ryme’s comment to rgambs. Not sure why my own knowledge on bird hunting affects that. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Ok so you admit not knowing anything about bird hunting. Got ya. It was just a very odd statement. 

To me, yours is an odd statement. I’m commenting on ryme’s comment to rgambs. Not sure why my own knowledge on bird hunting affects that. 

which was about bird hunting which you admittedly know nothing about.  am I missing something?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I have no clue how shooting ducks is fucked up. To me that is some of the hardest bird hunting as shots can be straight at you or waaay up high. Your explanation of pheasant hunting is  to me hunting “preserves” when you pay to hunt. This is not the case when hunting in a wildlife management area. 
    Shooting sitting ducks is fucked up and shooting them on the wing is dangerous is what I thought I said.
    Not just paid hunts, people buy the birds from the "preserves" and hunt them on their own land.  Very common in the Great Lakes region at least.
    People still hunt with ethical practices, I'm not saying they don't, but it's truly a sport hunt more than a sustenance hunt.  Most people only eat the breast anyways!
This discussion has been closed.