Smashing Pumpkins!

1911131415

Comments

  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 12,148
    lolobugg said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I'm going again tonight. front row tix dropped and I couldn't pass it up.

    Nice. I had 2nd row. it is an awesome experience. just don't forget your earplugs. those subwoofers are brutal on the ear canal.
    Do you get an InfoWars coffee mug for purchasing tickets to two shows?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,616
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I'm going again tonight. front row tix dropped and I couldn't pass it up.

    Nice. I had 2nd row. it is an awesome experience. just don't forget your earplugs. those subwoofers are brutal on the ear canal.
    Do you get an InfoWars coffee mug for purchasing tickets to two shows?


    hehehehehehehahahahahahaha.

    not funny Dano

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

    1995- New Orleans, LA

    1996- Charleston, SC

    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

    2006- Cincinnati, OH

    2008- Columbia, SC

    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2

    2010- Bristow, VA

    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL

    2012- Atlanta, GA

    2013- Charlotte, NC

    2014- Cincinnati, OH

    2015- New York, NY

    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

    2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

    2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 12,148
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I'm going again tonight. front row tix dropped and I couldn't pass it up.

    Nice. I had 2nd row. it is an awesome experience. just don't forget your earplugs. those subwoofers are brutal on the ear canal.
    Do you get an InfoWars coffee mug for purchasing tickets to two shows?


    hehehehehehehahahahahahaha.

    not funny Dano

    Truth(er) doesn't make a noise, lolo.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,616
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I'm going again tonight. front row tix dropped and I couldn't pass it up.

    Nice. I had 2nd row. it is an awesome experience. just don't forget your earplugs. those subwoofers are brutal on the ear canal.
    Do you get an InfoWars coffee mug for purchasing tickets to two shows?


    hehehehehehehahahahahahaha.

    not funny Dano

    Truth(er) doesn't make a noise, lolo.

    Dan, I think it's time you took the "In My Feelings" challenge.

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

    1995- New Orleans, LA

    1996- Charleston, SC

    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

    2006- Cincinnati, OH

    2008- Columbia, SC

    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2

    2010- Bristow, VA

    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL

    2012- Atlanta, GA

    2013- Charlotte, NC

    2014- Cincinnati, OH

    2015- New York, NY

    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

    2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

    2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805
    lolobugg said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I'm going again tonight. front row tix dropped and I couldn't pass it up.

    Nice. I had 2nd row. it is an awesome experience. just don't forget your earplugs. those subwoofers are brutal on the ear canal.
    Always bring them.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 12,148
    edited July 31
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I'm going again tonight. front row tix dropped and I couldn't pass it up.

    Nice. I had 2nd row. it is an awesome experience. just don't forget your earplugs. those subwoofers are brutal on the ear canal.
    Do you get an InfoWars coffee mug for purchasing tickets to two shows?


    hehehehehehehahahahahahaha.

    not funny Dano

    Truth(er) doesn't make a noise, lolo.

    Dan, I think it's time you took the "In My Feelings" challenge.

    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805

    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805
    James about to have his head bitten off...


    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 12,148
    They look thrilled.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,125
    The were one of the first emo bands
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805
    dankind said:
    They look thrilled.
    They seemed to really be enjoying themselves actually. My photography skills/timing are just lacking. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,889
    Poncier said:
    James about to have his head bitten off...


    It's that Billy's daughter Taylor? ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 12,148
    tbergs said:
    Poncier said:
    James about to have his head bitten off...


    It's that Billy's daughter Taylor? ;)
    There is no Billy.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OHPosts: 2,636
    Poncier said:
    He's looking more and more like Dr Evil
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805
    edited August 1
    KC138045 said:
    Poncier said:
    He's looking more and more like Dr Evil
    He did wear his black Uncle Fester frock late in the show...
    (Red light on him makes the black less obvious)
    But yeah he's looking more like Dr. Evil and less like Uncle Fester these days.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,135
    He needs to stop with the stupid outfits. Just wear a suit. 
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,146
    edited August 1
    The MSG marquee says the show is “sold out” :rofl:

    I am looking forward to the show, though, just too easy to poke fun at the guy.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,049
    For the show in Jersey, they announced a bunch of special guests - Courtney Love, Chino from Deftones, etc. 

    I wasn’t planning on going, but PNC Banks Arts Center ran a special for $10 lawn tickets...then another for seat upgrades. I spent $30 total and I’m 10th row center. 
    My lips are shaking.......
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,146
    Suziemay said:
    The MSG marquee says the show is “sold out” :rofl:

    I am looking forward to the show, though, just too easy to poke fun at the guy.
    I came back here to eat my words. It may actually be sold out, the arena is pretty packed. Maybe everyone was like me and was waiting last minute :)

    Sounds really good so far and Billy is sooooooooooooo happy! 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 12,080
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 3,461
    Suziemay said:
    The MSG marquee says the show is “sold out” :rofl:

    I am looking forward to the show, though, just too easy to poke fun at the guy.
    Several cities did sell out. Chicago did, I think LA as well.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,805
    macci said:
    For the show in Jersey, they announced a bunch of special guests - Courtney Love, Chino from Deftones, etc. 

    I wasn’t planning on going, but PNC Banks Arts Center ran a special for $10 lawn tickets...then another for seat upgrades. I spent $30 total and I’m 10th row center. 
    Can't beat that with a stick.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,146
    I really could’ve done without the Mark McGrath interludes. Fuck that guy. 
    Was he the guy talking in between on the screen? I scooped up a side-stage ticket day of the show for half the price of the good seats, it was actually perfect because there was no obstruction and I could see the band clearly, and I didn't have to be subject to whatever was happening on the screens :)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 8,872
    I'd never thought I would care for SP live but...


    .... any talk about a European tour?
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 750
    edited August 2
    Here are a few photos from last night at MSG. 

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/albums/72157698100172301

    Agree on the Mark McGrath stuff -- also the zero speech, (i guess they needed a short break)

    And Billy is a bit much with the costume changes and posturing, but i did enjoy the show (pretty sick set list; great to see James Iha again). Not as good as '96 but still pretty good. Drown, Rhinocerus, Porcelina, mayonaise were all highlights for me. 
    Post edited by NYCPJ on
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,146
    NYCPJ said:
    Here are a few photos from last night at MSG. 

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/albums/72157698100172301

    Agree on the Mark McGrath stuff -- also the zero speech, (i guess they needed a short break)

    And Billy is a bit much with the costume changes and posturing, but i did enjoy the show (pretty sick set list; great to see James Iha again). Not as good as '96 but still pretty good. Drown, Rhinocerus, Porcelina, mayonaise were all highlights for me. 
    Fantastic photos!
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 750
    Suziemay said:
    NYCPJ said:
    Here are a few photos from last night at MSG. 

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/albums/72157698100172301

    Agree on the Mark McGrath stuff -- also the zero speech, (i guess they needed a short break)

    And Billy is a bit much with the costume changes and posturing, but i did enjoy the show (pretty sick set list; great to see James Iha again). Not as good as '96 but still pretty good. Drown, Rhinocerus, Porcelina, mayonaise were all highlights for me. 
    Fantastic photos!
    Thanks!
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 12,080
    Suziemay said:
    I really could’ve done without the Mark McGrath interludes. Fuck that guy. 
    Was he the guy talking in between on the screen? I scooped up a side-stage ticket day of the show for half the price of the good seats, it was actually perfect because there was no obstruction and I could see the band clearly, and I didn't have to be subject to whatever was happening on the screens :)
    Yep, those little Vaudeville pieces before the Iha song and 1979.  I just can't stand McGrath.  I saw Sugar Ray open for 311 once and the dude was just a complete dick the whole time they were on stage.
Sign In or Register to comment.