Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season!!! Think about you guys often.
    Much love,
    Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Hi John, Shawna & kids! :wave:

Thought of you this holiday, and my nephew asked if I had heard from you. Hope that all is going well and that Christmas was good this year....Happy New Year!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2014
    Good afternoon everybody,

It's been a very long time since I've checked in. First off, I wanted to let you know that you have been thought of every single day since my last entry. Life has taken a very long time to get back on track for me and my family. We've made it through three foreclosures in the past year and just made it out from a recent one. We have not had a working computer for many many months and want to thank you all for checking in from time to time. Wow!! Do we miss our dear friends. It's my birthday today and tonight we are going to be singing some Pearl Jam songs at a karaoke contest. My wife and I are finalists. I sang Black at the last contest and my wife sang Ironic by Alanis Morisette. Tonight is the FINALS. We are very excited. I hope that you are all doing well and that life has brought you good health and the best that it has to offer. We Miss You All....

All of our love,

John and Shawna Pauley
    Post edited by paysonites on
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Hopefully you guys did a great job & had fun!
    Even EdVed sings Karaoke sometimes:

Great to hear from you and hoping that things are turning around for you now!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Great to hear from you! Happy Belated Birthday! Hopefully you won the final round of karaoke. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Hi John & Shawna -- happy anniversary! Hope that you guys are doing well and have a great day!

B & M
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited August 2014

Hi John & Shawna -- happy anniversary! Hope that you guys are doing well and have a great day!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hello my dear friends,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Life has been quite the struggle. Between my Mom almost passing twice in the recent month, being in and out of foreclosure and pain struggles with myself and more importantly my wife. Things have been very difficult. We couldn't afford internet for months so we decided to have it turned off. With my Mom being critical we've decided to have it turned on for the next few months or so. I could spend my time writing you all a depressing post but what good would come from that.

I want you all to know that my wife and I learned a lot from being a part of this forum. For one their are so many lovely and beautiful people on here. Without you I'm not sure how I would of survived through my wife's surgeries and sicknesses. When all hope was lost I found peace and love where I had least expected it to be. One thing I learned is how precious life can be. I know I have always taken it for granted and lived for the most part without a worry in the world. Those days have long since past. These day's life is a gift and each day is a chance to do as much good as possible.

To me life even though it is a daily struggle for my wife and I, life is cherished. The moments spent together. The lessons being taught to our kids. The chance to help that old lady walking across the street. Believe it... I was given a similar opportunity and I jumped for the chance to help. After all that has happened which believe me even though the worst is over we still are feeling the after shocks so to speak. Especially now, I am thankful and grateful that all is not lost and we have a new start to it all. I have never felt so humbled in my life. We've had to start over before but this time it just feels different. Besides my wife positivity has always been my best friend. No matter how tough the road may be as long as your positive you can make it through.

Thank you to all that have posted over the past months. It is warming to know that we are thought of as well. When the times are tough I think back to the time when you all were there for us. It still energizes me and gives me the hope and strength to keep me going. I hope that you all know how much it really meant to me and my family. Our best wishes go out to you. We hope that you are all doing the best that is possible and that you have been blessed with good health as well. Our thoughts are with you....

Much Love,
    The Pauleys
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    what a lovely post, wishing you and shawna as well as your mother good wishes, hope everything turns out good for you :)
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Hello my dear friends,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Life has been quite the struggle. Between my Mom almost passing twice in the recent month, being in and out of foreclosure and pain struggles with myself and more importantly my wife. Things have been very difficult. We couldn't afford internet for months so we decided to have it turned off. With my Mom being critical we've decided to have it turned on for the next few months or so. I could spend my time writing you all a depressing post but what good would come from that.

I want you all to know that my wife and I learned a lot from being a part of this forum. For one their are so many lovely and beautiful people on here. Without you I'm not sure how I would of survived through my wife's surgeries and sicknesses. When all hope was lost I found peace and love where I had least expected it to be. One thing I learned is how precious life can be. I know I have always taken it for granted and lived for the most part without a worry in the world. Those days have long since past. These day's life is a gift and each day is a chance to do as much good as possible.

To me life even though it is a daily struggle for my wife and I, life is cherished. The moments spent together. The lessons being taught to our kids. The chance to help that old lady walking across the street. Believe it... I was given a similar opportunity and I jumped for the chance to help. After all that has happened which believe me even though the worst is over we still are feeling the after shocks so to speak. Especially now, I am thankful and grateful that all is not lost and we have a new start to it all. I have never felt so humbled in my life. We've had to start over before but this time it just feels different. Besides my wife positivity has always been my best friend. No matter how tough the road may be as long as your positive you can make it through.

Thank you to all that have posted over the past months. It is warming to know that we are thought of as well. When the times are tough I think back to the time when you all were there for us. It still energizes me and gives me the hope and strength to keep me going. I hope that you all know how much it really meant to me and my family. Our best wishes go out to you. We hope that you are all doing the best that is possible and that you have been blessed with good health as well. Our thoughts are with you....

Much Love,
    The Pauleys

And no song request. See, this is how you share a story. My man wrote a heartfelt update for us all. He didn't ask for a song. He just came to write and let us know how his family's doing. And if anyone deserves a song request, it's the pauleys. Thanks for the update. Keep fighting the fight!
  • Options
    John, Shawna, Kids and PJ the dog, ( :o3 )

Great to hear from you and we hope that things continue to move upward. We think of you guys often and wish you all the best!

B&M
  • Options
    John and Shawna--I'm sorry that life has been a struggle these past several months. I was hoping that since we had not heard from you in a while, you were out enjoying life. Hopefully things are on upswing. As BB noted: keep fighting the good fight. All the best to you and your family.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Wow!!!! It was great hearing from you all. Thanks for the support. We're really needing it right now. My mom has what's called Addison's disease which is where your adrenaline glands stop working. This causes your immune system to be compromised. Also, you're not able to calm yourself down normally and that can bring on what's called an Addison's crisis which can be life threatening. She has had them in the past but this time she almost passed away. She was in I.C.U. twice this past month. My wife and I took our savings and went out to Washington to be with her. If you've ever seen a cancer patient at their worst that's what her condition appeared as. I felt so blessed to be able to be there and care for her while she was in that state. My wife and I were able to stay with her all night long. As hard as it was it was very warming to be able to help in that way.

She was transferred over to a physical therapy hospital yesterday. There she will learn how to walk again and adjust to a new diet and so fourth. My Mom's and I are close. She was there for me during my eleven surgeries that I have had to go through over the years. Her name is Kathleen if anybody wants to pray for her. Again, thank you for your thoughts and support. My wife and I really do appreciate it. It's just her and I and our boy's up here in our little town. So it is always nice to come here knowing that there is so much love and support.

Take care of yourselves,

John and Shawna >:D<
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wow...what an outlook - talk about humbling!

If praying means sending good thoughts, then that's what I'm doing. Sincere well-wishes to you and your family.

May you keep as strong as you're able, and know that a huge community is here for you whenever you need. Many open ears and sturdy shoulders.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Wow...what an outlook - talk about humbling!

If praying means sending good thoughts, then that's what I'm doing. Sincere well-wishes to you and your family.

May you keep as strong as you're able, and know that a huge community is here for you whenever you need. Many open ears and sturdy shoulders.

Yes, I echo her sentiments. I do not pray but I 100% send good thoughts your way all of the time and will continue to do so and hope for your mom as well.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Wow!!!! It was great hearing from you all. Thanks for the support. We're really needing it right now. My mom has what's called Addison's disease which is where your adrenaline glands stop working. This causes your immune system to be compromised. Also, you're not able to calm yourself down normally and that can bring on what's called an Addison's crisis which can be life threatening. She has had them in the past but this time she almost passed away. She was in I.C.U. twice this past month. My wife and I took our savings and went out to Washington to be with her. If you've ever seen a cancer patient at their worst that's what her condition appeared as. I felt so blessed to be able to be there and care for her while she was in that state. My wife and I were able to stay with her all night long. As hard as it was it was very warming to be able to help in that way.

She was transferred over to a physical therapy hospital yesterday. There she will learn how to walk again and adjust to a new diet and so fourth. My Mom's and I are close. She was there for me during my eleven surgeries that I have had to go through over the years. Her name is Kathleen if anybody wants to pray for her. Again, thank you for your thoughts and support. My wife and I really do appreciate it. It's just her and I and our boy's up here in our little town. So it is always nice to come here knowing that there is so much love and support.

Take care of yourselves,

John and Shawna >:D<

Don't worry about us john, you got plenty on your table bro. We're here for you whenever u need a good laugh, want to vent or whatever! Keep doing what you're doing taking care of your loved ones. Sounds like you got your head straight and are doing what's expected of you.

And john, that's awesome to hear you and moms is close. I'm close with my mom too and would do everything I could for her, as you seem to be doing for her. Good for you man. Moms are special and deserve to treated as queens. Well, most of them. Take care bro!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas and best wishes in the upcoming new year.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote: »

Same to you, John and Shawna! Great to see you here, and I hope all is well!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    paysonites wrote: »

much lover buddy,wish u and your family all the best!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to you and your family John & Shawna!
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    My best wishes for your family and I hope 2015 will really be a better and peaceful year for you!
    Merry Christmas !
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You guy's are the best. I mean really. The fact that you took the time out of your day to send Christmas wishes to me and my family proves a few things here.

1). You are the greatest and most thoughtful people on this site.
    2). Nobody compares to your BIG hearts. The Love you give is equal to the love you will receive.
    3). We love you guy's the most
    4). Just like all those e-mails you get through the years that state if you pass this on you will be rewarded in life by good health, riches and everlasting love. Only on this site you will get it 20 times greater.

I guess I woke up in a goofy mood. Having fun with the kids and they all agreed that I should post this. To all who didn't post we truly wish you the best in the upcoming year and still feel tremendous love for you as well.

Merry Christmas everybody from the Pauley's
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Good afternoon,
    I've come here for support before and was blessed with plenty. Life has continued to be hard and things are worse than they ever have been. At least emotionally. My mother is deathly ill, my wife spends most days bedridden from her pain. I am at a crossroads with my job. It's honestly nothing due to my part. It is a work app. that does not work in my area and has caused things to be extremely stressful and difficult. I had to get on some depression medicine which hasn't worked. My doctor is all booked up and is unable to see me today. At this point I am having a nervous breakdown. My wife is in so much pain since this last procedure that she is crying and in severe pain and nothing seems to ease or comfort her. Within the hour I am taking her in to see another doctor. This song I attached has become an emotional favorite and it explains exactly how we feel. Most of the time when it gets hard it is manageable. Sometimes I feel like reaching out to all of you good people. I'm having shakes and chest pains and I am just hoping for a little love and support.

Sincerely,
    John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJs5eoqoVYU
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    John, I am so sorry to hear that things are not going well. My heart goes out to you, Shawna, your boys, and your mom.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    John, Fantastic song:) Thoughts: (sometimes) alone in this together....but we can't be together and alone. Keep on hoping, my friend. Sorry to hear of your difficult times and I hope they soon change for the better. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Hi John,
    So sorry to hear things are this way and the updates about your mother, Shawna, and your current stress and the toll it is taking. I know we keep saying hang in there but I know that you can & will continue to be the hero that your family knows you are. We love you guys and wish the best. I hope that you can get in to the doctor tomorrow and allow them to try and work with putting together some temporary relief to the anxiety you are feeling. Makes me shake and sweat just trying to put myself into your shoes old friend.
    Glad there is your old friend Music continuing to provide some outlet for your feelings -- please continue to let us know how things are going. We care and truly are thinking of you all.

B&M
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for thinking of us. We really appreciate your pm's
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Please know you're not a burden to anyone here. There are shoulders and ears in abundance for you. And while I know the catharsis of typing, writing...please also look after yourself, replenish all you've given much as you can. Maybe have someone spell you for a bit so you can breathe, or seek out some of the resources that can bring you respite, release. It's not selfish, it's survivalism and needed.

Many well-wishes from this stranger to you and your family, all that you're bearing.

(and not to sound like a mother hen, keep an eye on those chest pains)
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    Wish you the best this year for you and your familiy. :-*

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    Hi John & Shawna,

Wanted to write and wish you both a Happy Anniversary today and hope that things are going better for the both of you in the long time since we have heard from you. Hope the kids are doing well and know that we think of you guys often and really hope that today is a day of celebration in honor of the strength of your marriage and all it has seen you through.
    Happy Anniversary!

B&M