Options

**Toronto Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    kabob wrote:
    I think it's the hat ... I'm actually one of the wacky fans who thinks Pop was a great album. Sure U2 going techno might not appeal to everyone but at least it seemed earnest. I just find the last two albums were too safe and were steps backwards musically (with a few exceptions. Some of the new songs hold up). Pearl Jam's last two albums on the other hand ... Everything you say about old music is why I didn't like Monday's show. The band has evolved but the show almost completely ignored the last decade of the band's existance and centred on the first five years.
    As to the roof blowing off. The fans did that, not the band.

Funny about the hat. It's hard to pick a fight with you when I agree with everything you said. Your observations are really bang on. So you're that guy that liked the Pop album? I've heard rumours that I wasn't the only one, but now you've confirmed it. You are right - the new material is very safe. I had never thought of it that way.

And I totally totally totally agree about the Pearl Jam setlist. There was so much emphasis on the early material that it was a bit Q107-ish. And you were right about the fans blowing the roof off the place, not the band. I used to always complain that Toronto concert go-ers were too lathargic and unimpressed by everything. I've totally seen that change over the last couple of years and it's a great to see (or should I say hear). It's about time we got a little less snobby around here. Just because we are centre of the universe doesn't mean that we have to gloat about it ;)
  • Options
    Kaddikat wrote:
    MATT! OK THE LADY THAT HAD THE MATT IS A STALLION SIGN YOU CRACKED ME THE FUCK UP! I LOVED THAT SHIT!! I hope he saw it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH classic..
    that was me :D

haha glad you liked it. Matt did see it and blushed!! Stone & Ed agreed with the poster and smiled as well. RAWK!!

ames
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    If I can just get the Eddie/Mick duet next week in Pittsburgh, I can die happy.

oh my god, i didn't even think of that happening! and I'm going!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    neenerbean wrote:
    that was me :D

haha glad you liked it. Matt did see it and blushed!! Stone & Ed agreed with the poster and smiled as well. RAWK!!

ames

i stood beside you and didn't even know it!!

you really cracked stone up - he gave you a huge smile and a laugh and then gave me the "what the fuck are you looking at" face

haha

i wish I knew that was you!! - I was just so glad they chucked out the boobie girl who was in that spot first - she snuck in and was having a hell of a time flopping them over the rail

sorry if I gave you hair whip - I'm still stuck in that head banger mode
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    yup, that was me!! too funny :p

don't worry about yer hair - didn't even notice it.

now clean out yer PM's cause they're full! not half full - but ALL THE WAY FULL! :D

ames
    share wrote:
    i stood beside you and didn't even know it!!

you really cracked stone up - he gave you a huge smile and a laugh and then gave me the "what the fuck are you looking at" face

haha

i wish I knew that was you!! - I was just so glad they chucked out the boobie girl who was in that spot first - she snuck in and was having a hell of a time flopping them over the rail

sorry if I gave you hair whip - I'm still stuck in that head banger mode
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
  • Options
    Sept 19 was my Daughter's first birthday. At about 5pm, during our birthday party I mentioned to my wife that PJ probably won't come on till 9 or and the kid will be asleep by 7. She says....fine go, just stop bugging me. She's not a fan.

Called TM and they had a single ticket, eighth row that was released about 20 minutes prior to me calling.

By 8:05 I was in my seat with a 7 dollar beer, taking in Sleater Kinney.

Never Missed PJ in Toronto, so my record is still intact. Highlights (other than Bono) were the Pause in the middle of Betterman, and Eddie proclaiming before the second encore, that "we're not through with you yet", before tearing into Blood.

Solid setlist, but I think Eddi'e voice was bugging him. He was hesitant to hit some key notes. For those who bought the Bootleg, listen to LBC, and you'll hear it.

Anyhow, worth the money, and the fight with my wife. Just a great night.
  • Options
    I was at the Hamilton show and spoke to a number of ten club fan members who went to kitchner and other shows. THis was not one or their finest shows.Great opening with release but after that they played the hits. betterman, etc. the band seemed to have no energy. they like many of us who had been to a number of shows, were out of gas. They did sound very tight though.
  • Options
    This was the first time I'd ever seen PJ live

wow

I can die happy now
  • Options
    frogwater wrote:
    If some of you die-hards actually had lives aside from following pj's every move, it would have been a great show for you as well.

I have a life, I'm not sure if I'm a die-hard or not, and I haven't followed Pearl Jam's every move in years. But still, I didn't think it was a great show. In fact, not even a good one. What a difference 2 years makes, we'll just leave it at that.
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    it wasnt the best setlist of the tour, but was definately an awsome performance. Out of 5 shows i thought i might hear breath live for the first time...but no, they saved it for halifax??? Toronto deserved a better set with more rare tunes...setlists should have been swapped with halifax i think!!

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    KingVKingV Posts: 10
    Halifax got the best show because Toronto gets more PJ. And, by the way, Toronto isn't the centre of the PJ Universe.
    Barrie Ont 1998
    "A fuckin' football" EV

Halifax NS 2005
    "Fetch me a new guitar, I sha'n't be playing this one" EV
  • Options
    SchlitzSchlitz Posts: 141
    I wanna do this all over again.

*whines*
    i have to remain at top sassiness, even though my inner sass is struggling
  • Options
    scottnar wrote:
    the band seemed to have no energy. they like many of us who had been to a number of shows, were out of gas. They did sound very tight though.

out of gas, but enough in the tank to sound toight??!? hmmmm...*strokes non-existent beard*

maybe they were 1/2 full

;)
    is this on?
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Schlitz wrote:
    I wanna do this all over again.

*whines*

hey schlitz - that's the beauty of it - WE WILL

:)
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Hey, congrats to Toronto fans for getting Porch as an opener.. my all time favourite. If anyone is interested in hearing the best show - Ottawa - and the longest i'd love to trade for Toronto or others. I also have the closing doubleheader in Newfoundland which is stellar and a good crowd. cheers.

email me macass5@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Hey anybody have the T.O. Show? I've got to hear Porch and Bono. I've got the amazing Ottawa show to offer. cheers.

macass5@hotmail.com
  • Options
    scottnar wrote:
    I was at the Hamilton show and spoke to a number of ten club fan members who went to kitchner and other shows. THis was not one or their finest shows.Great opening with release but after that they played the hits. betterman, etc. the band seemed to have no energy. they like many of us who had been to a number of shows, were out of gas. They did sound very tight though.

I agree with you 100%. I called Release as the opener before the show and I was excited I guessed correctly but it was all down hill from there. At least they didn't play Last Kiss.

Anyway, my husband and I went to Kitchner, London, Hamilton, and Toronto. I got laid after every show except Toronto. Therefore, Toronto was an inferior show. :P
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • Options
    share wrote:
    hey schlitz - that's the beauty of it - WE WILL

:)

Damn straight! That was the most fun I've had touring them ever.
  • Options
    Schlitz wrote:
    Damn straight! That was the most fun I've had touring them ever.

guess what's wrong with me today.
    This is the best I could come up with.
  • Options
    guess what's wrong with me today.

Um, did you forget to take your medication?
  • Options
    Schlitz wrote:
    Um, did you forget to take your medication?

I didn't forget.
    it's right here,in front of me,I will eat the red ones last.
  • Options
    I didn't forget.
    it's right here,in front of me,I will eat the red ones last.
    *pats head*

Good boy.
  • Options
    Schlitz wrote:
    *pats head*

Good boy.

mmmm,
    if I roll over will you rub
    my belly??
  • Options
    mmmm,
    if I roll over will you rub
    my belly??
    Yes, yes I would.
  • Options
    Schlitz wrote:
    Yes, yes I would.

sweet!!

let me try this then.
    If I roll over again will you spank my ass?

(Kev,we may have to swap next time)
  • Options
    sweet!!

let me try this then.
    If I roll over again will you spank my ass?

(Kev,we may have to swap next time)
    So, are you into bondage?
  • Options
    I think I may have crossed the line.

Anyway...um, great show!
  • Options
    Schlitz wrote:
    So, are you into bondage?

do you mean dressing up like a baseball player on roids?
  • Options
    do you mean dressing up like a baseball player on roids?
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
  • Options
    I was at the toronto show and the band was great but i never saw a crowd that weak before, You must see pearl jam in new york city, now there's a crowd....See ya at the BORGATA........DO IT!!!!!!!!!
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.