Options

**Toronto Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    The toronto show was far less entertaining than the Kitchener, London and Hamilton. The guys were really off, and I thought the set list was very mundane, mostly radio tunes. Eddie didn't rant, complain or even let the audience sing songs like he usually does. It was shorter, by almost half an hour, and if it weren't for Bono, which did kick ass, it really wasn't that great. For those of you who missed the small venue atmosphere in Kitchener, the Stone dance in London, or the wedding video we made in Hamilton for Jack and Jen, Toronto didn't quite stack up.

Never the less, they did rock, and thats all that we really need anyway!

till next Canadian tour
    "I'm ahead, I'm a man, I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah"
  • Options
    That Sleater Kinney chick should not be allowed near a microphone. Listen to the boots, her backing vocals suck, much like last tour when she butchered Hunger Strike.

Other then that, best PJ show since the Amp. Better then Kitchener. I would have loved to cut out about half of the 'hits', but i'd rather hear them then nothing!

I still really need to hear them do Footsteps live. PLEASE
  • Options
    Guncho wrote:
    Methinks you must have done something more than sit in your seat.

:)

Chris

i have been told through my friends who were sitting upstairs and saw Mike, the guy i sold my extra ticket to, after the show that i may have fallen asleep. personally i dont think so, as i had only been in the venue a few minutes, but it is entirely possible since i pass-out on a fairly regular basis in some of the most awkward places ever, the lights were out, and there was no one sitting immediately around me. as i said, i was only in there for a little, so i think that my loose gesturing probably just fooled some people into thinking i was out when i was actually just relaxin and getting psyched for the show. i mean seriously if you saw me at the loose moose then you know i was pretty wired and ready to go...

either way i didn't do anything to anyone, made no noise, no disparaging gestures, and meant absolutely no harm to anyone.

needless to say i am very angry. i was obviously sitting in decent tenclub seats, and this was supposed to be a fucking rock-show, so i'm not allowed to be drunk? that's just silly bullshit...

the new album better be pretty fucking worth this greatest hits tour, or i might have to start a new club.
    change begins with discontent.
  • Options
    My 3rd and final show of the tour an i will say it was no London or hamilton

All in all it was a great night
    sittin behind the stage for the first time was an experiance

highlites
    impov before elderly woman
    HABIT
    short save it for later after better man
    WMA tag
    Present Tense

Thanks for 3 great shows
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    I dont know what to say really....The past 3 PJ concerts (Kitchener, Hamilton, and Toronto) were nothing short of amazing. The energy the band brings night after night after night is just increible. When you go to a PJ concert, you aren't going for the individual songs you are going for the whole experiance. The crowd, the bands, the smoke, EVERYTHING. I find it hard to explain a PJ concert to someone who hasn't been...You just have to tell them to go see for yourself. Thanks to Eddie, Mike, Matt, Stone, Jeff and even Boom for doing such a fantastic tour. I read an article (forget which one) but it summed up PJ perfectly "Pearl Jam plays rock 'n' roll like it still matters. And when these guys are playing it, it still does."
    When someone asks me why I go to the 'same show' 3 times in a week, I reply (read to the tune of Evolution).."Why? Because, its fuckin Pearl Jam baby!!!!!)

I can't wait for the boys to hit Canada again.

--Colin

P.S. Some T.O. highlights: The Wave, Bono, well, fuck...everything!!!
  • Options
    tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    I went to the show last night and it was great! Would I have liked to hear some rarities? Of course! But my wife was with me and is just a casual PJ lisetener and she loved the show! She knew most of the songs and really enjoyed herself.

On the drive back home, I popped in the Vancouver bootleg (which I did not go to) and was surprised to hear the 1st seven songs from Vancouver were the exact same songs, and in the same order, as Toronto's show. The Toronto show was great and the crowd had a ton of energy, but it was really surprising to me the next day to see that that many songs in a row were identical to Vancouver.
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • Options
    This was my second of two shows on the tour (first being Hamilton) and I think they were both great but in different ways. The crowd in Toronto was MUCH louder and the sing alongs were amazing (up there with the Amphitheatre show in 2003). I do agree that the Hamilton set list was a little better for me (would've preferred less hits.........am I ever going to hear Smile??????) but I'm not going to complain about that.

Eddie did have a few screw ups (singing the wrong lyrics at the start of RVM, harmonica mess up on YGTHYLA) but I find that they only added to the show. I don't want to see/hear the songs played identical to the album versions and if there are mistakes so be it. All the boys were in great form and put on a great show.

Memorable moments:
    - Ed Solo "Porch"
    - Habit
    - Daughter w/ WMA
    - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
    - BLOOD
    - Black w/ we belong.....tag
    - Leaving Here

One last thing, seeing Bono was cool but I don't really think he added anything to RITFW (maybe since I'm not a U2 fan)
    Spin me round......roll me over.......fucking circus

Shows:
    96/09/21 - MLG (Toronto)
    98/08/22 - Molson Park (Barrie)
    00/10/05 - ACC (Toronto)
    03/06/28 - Molson Amphitheatre (Toronto)
    05/09/13 - Copps Coliseum (Hamilton)
    05/09/19 - ACC (Toronto)
  • Options
    GreyRedGirlGreyRedGirl Comber, Ontario Posts: 35
    I suppose I'm just another person that's gonna comment on the 'generic setlist syndrome'. I'm not gonna skip pointing it out cuz I noticed through the whole show that they were doing a greatest hits medley. Nevertheless I had a great time at the show cuz any Pearl Jam show is a great show. I really wish they would have ventured offa the path a bit more though eh?

Ed did comment about the quantity of vodka consumed Sunday night so maybe they decided to stick with tunes they're intimately familiar with cuz some of them were hungover? ^_^ Poor guy still made some mistakes. I saw him toss the mirror on the stage but I didn't think it broke.

I was sitting in 107, row 20 and from my vantage point it looked like the crowd wasn't into the performance like I would have expected. I could be wrong, a lot of folks in this thread mentioned how energized the crowd was. From the floor it always seems hectic and upbeat. ^_^

Looking forward to them returning to Canada fer sure.
  • Options
    Guncho wrote:
    What's with everyone booing Boom?

Chris

We were yelling BOOOOM! not booing!

Some of these posts here are kind bugging me.....I dont want to hear any negativity about any PJ shows- EVER. I have been to over 80 shows (only two were PJ) and they deliver better than any band anywhere (the band "Ours" is a close second...)

Last night in T.O. the Crowd was great, setlist was awesome (present tense, corduroy, evolution!) and it actually surpassed the awesomeness of my first PJ show, which i thought was impossible. I think the only thing left to say is

THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!THANK YOU PEARLJAM!!!!

No one can make good ol' memories like Pearl jam. LEts just rememer that.

-sweet cheers-
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• Options
    I refuse to shit talk any Pearl Jam show, this being my tenth chance to see them, and 4th on this tour, which I know makes me a rookie compared to some of you guys I've met on the tour. But for those complaining, just think back to the Vitalogy days when getting the chance to see them was but a dream. Anyways, of the 4 shows I saw on this tour, I will agree Toronto held the least amount of highlights, but was still a great time, and the crowd reaching ear piercing levels was very cool, like during Betterman, and obviously when Bono came out. I'm sure had this been my first show it would have been amazing.
    In my opinion, any of us that are thinking that we're hearing the same PEARL JAM songs too much have it pretty good.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Thank you and wow... that's all I can say. Setlist was nothing special but who gives a f**k. The band was tight and the crowd energy was incredible. I can't wait to see the boys in AC. And hopefully get to meet some of the wonderful people who showed up at the Loose Moose so they didn't have to listen to S/K. Sucks that I missed the Porch solo but can't have everything.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Jebus H !!!!!

Thats all I can say...that had to be the BEST concert I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. How anyone can say they walked away from there last night and not feel like the earth moved for them??? I, once again, was left speachless and actually left the ACC in a state of love & trust.

Thank You Ten Club for providing me with almost the exact same seat as I had at the Ottawa show last Friday. It was cool chatting with the guys next to us from Bay City Michigan and the ladies in front of us from Oakland.

I was kind of caught off guard by the beefed up security & noted that they were patting down the ladies at this show. As I managed to borrow a camera with a bigger zoom lens, it made it extremely difficult to slide that monster between my legs...but I got in it.

The set list blew me away...and the fact that Ed was getting more and more drunk as the night progressed, was quite amusing.

The addition of Bono was a treat as well. When I viewed my pictures, I noticed that The Edge was standing to Mikes right behind the speakers...you can see the touque.

Here are a few of the pictures I took last night:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v294/cchristmas/Pearl%20Jam%20Toronto/

Now what will I do till the next tour???

Cat
  • Options
    i thought it kicked ass. of course i drove from chicago for it. the crowd was awesome. met some really cool 10 clubbers. thanks for the doobie danny and love to sean (i think that's your name) from boston. sorry new york guy for spilling my beer on you a few times.

peace

time to download the boot.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    went to six shows and can honestly say this show ranks near the bottom, mind you a mediorce pearl jam show is still 10 times better than anything else but there was really nothing that made this show special other than bono coming out for ritfw.

my personal order preference of the six shows i attended

1.ottawa
    2.london
    3.kitchener
    4.hamilton
    5.montreal
    6.toronto
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Wow, this is a tough crowd to please!!! I thought it was a great show. Nothing super-rare, but I got to hear Release, Indifference and the We Belong Together tag for the first time since '94 ... got a solo Porch ... the crowd was deafening, even louder than in London. The only downside was the stupid overly stoned/drunk bitch sitting next to me. Fortunately she disappeared halfway through the main set, probably spent the rest of the show with her head in a toilet, which would be a good place for it. What a way to waste a 2nd row seat. Her friend stayed there and watched the whole show through the viewfinder of her camera and kept trying to show me her pictures ... wtf is up with that? Why would I want to see pics of Ed when Ed himself is 10 feet away? Some people! :rolleyes:
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    I gotta be honest....I was pretty bored with that show. It was my 7th, and it ranks 7th. The band didn't have the energy that I am used to. It doesn't help that I was super tired.....but I have been tired at shows before.

Also....Corin Tucker or whatever her name is...is perhaps the worst singer in the world save for William Hung.
    Democracy don't rule the world, You'd better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that's better left unsaid.
    Bob Dylan
  • Options
    Did anyone think the security was fairly lax? I had people smoking, standing on their chairs, lighting up joints and crowding the stairs and nobody tried to do anything about it. Kinda weirded me out. Since I'm a chick I didn't even get a pat down by security when I walked into the place. When I went to the hamilton show the security guard was tickling me and practically looked up a few people's asses. X.X
  • Options
    Hey Green Di$ea$e, could you tell me why you put the London show higher than Hamilton and Kitchener? personally, I thought Hamilton was fantastic. I didn't get to see as many as you did (you're a lucky bugger) but I thought Hamilton was absolutely awesome.
  • Options
    PJ Sparks wrote:
    The crowd sure brought their A-game. Ed has his troubles tonight. At times it was the lyrics, the guitar level (?) and getting around with his mic chord. The crowd gave it in Betterman.
    And what was that improv/new song/intro to Small Town?

PJ Sparks
    ps. And it was nice to see Sleater-Kinney include Words and Guitar into their set. They've been a great opening band.

A Sort of Homecoming by U2
    RI 9/28/96; MSG 9/10/98; 2000: Want 8/23, 8/24 & 8/25; 2003: LI 4/30, LV 6/6, MSG 7/8 & 7/9, Mans 7/11, & Holm 7/14; 2005: Ott 9/16, Tor 9/19, AC 9/30 & 10/1, Phil 10/3; 2006: L.S. 5/4, IP 5/5, Alb 5/12, Bos 5/24, Cam 5/27 & 5/28, ER 6/1, ER 6/3, PIT 6/23, SF 7/18, Hon 12/9.
  • Options
    Loved it Loved it Loved it....
    Not a veteran of the shows like all of you, only my second PJ show and I thought it kicked ass..
    I can't compare it to Kitchener or London, or Ottawa etc.. and frankly I don't give a rat's behind! I got more than my money's worth.. and then some.
    My highlights were obviously Betterman, Elderly Woman, Rearview, Present Tense, Harvest Moon and RITFW.. and a special mention to Leaving Here which I certainly thought was amazing.
    Yeah Eddie screwed up a few times, but so what? I think it actually helped the show in a weird way..
    The fans at the ACC were unbelievable (by T.O. standards, heck any standards) and I will remember this show for the rest of my life.
    That's really all anyone can ask for..
    Bootleg downloading downloading downloading....
  • Options
    Did anyone think the security was fairly lax? I had people smoking, standing on their chairs, lighting up joints and crowding the stairs and nobody tried to do anything about it. Kinda weirded me out. Since I'm a chick I didn't even get a pat down by security when I walked into the place. When I went to the hamilton show the security guard was tickling me and practically looked up a few people's asses. X.X

I didn't get a pat down at the door either, but they didn't have any ladies checking people where I came in. The security on the floor was intense though. There were no less than 3 big guys pacing the aisle beside my seat. One security guy squeezed through our entire row to tell someone way on the other side to stop smoking.

I guess it depends on where you sit.
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Wow... ok so this show was dubbed "karma" for various reasons.. ;).. Im just getting home after a 14 hour travel day.. and since i slept alllll day... i cant sleep now !hahaha.. this is just a long ass ramble of a few things... I cant complain about the show.. i fucking saw PEARL JAM in fucking TORONTO and FUCKING ROCKED OUT... How can you bitch and moan about that? :confused:

I got the pat down AND a *lift your pant leg* speech...

*WAVES* hello to the PJ people that READ the board but dont post... HAHAH seriously I hope some of our posts make you laugh.. I cant remember if you said we were HYSTERICAL or funny something like that.. :D:D:D <u know who u r>

Ok so we were sitting on Stones side.. (STONE had on a T shirt that had 2 ponies on it) I realllly hope my big mouth screaming STONIES PONIES cannot be heard... holy fuck.. STONES A FUCKING PIMP. HE PUT THE PIMP HAND DOWN AND GLITTER TWINS YOU'VE BEEN SLAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D seriously chicas I thought of you guys and laughed and just fucking freaked out for you.. lolololololol.. such a fucking pimp.. :cool: says yup.. im the silent one you gotta watchout for.. lol.. jkjkjk

Boom can I please please please use some of your awesome big hair conditioner!!!??? AHHAHAHAH damn it looks like a job and a 1/2 to play the organ man holy fucking shit!! that should be a new thing the BOOM WORKOUT !! hahahaah

MATT! OK THE LADY THAT HAD THE MATT IS A STALLION SIGN YOU CRACKED ME THE FUCK UP! I LOVED THAT SHIT!! I hope he saw it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH classic..

MIKE - IS SENROCK ALIVE? MIKE IS ON FIRE PEOPLE.. SERIOUSLY How underestimated is he? Wayyyyy too underrated... *stands up and applaudes* fucking right on.. thank you for all that you do for CCFC and stuff like that! :D:D *flying guitar picks ahead*

Eddie - fucking A!!! Seriously Im still *Droolin* over Ottawa but THANK YOU. THANK YOU THANK YOU.. You REALLY mean a lot to a lot of people!! A LOT of people are like OMG OMG!! PEARL JAM EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE and when you see their face(s) light up like a 100 watt bulb you GET it.. I didnt get it before but now i do...

Jeff... best for last eh? lol.. seriously you fucking ROCK.. The jumps, the faces the fucking AWESOME bass playing.. for reallllzzz its nice to see that others that have met you as well say the same thing "DAMN HES SO NICE" :D (WS-no chicks!only boys <hahah that commerical "oh you're so picky!">)

Bono- Ok Im sure most people dont know this but a few years ago my sister met Bono and Bruce Springsteen at some event and I swear there are pictures of this event ALL over my parents house.. I never thought I would see the man in the flesh (im not a u2 fan..so sue me) AWESOME.. Fucking INSANE!!! THANK YOU!

Setlist? Eh...no complaints from me!! Every show is different... the crowd can add to the energy as well.. <THE WAVE!!!> GO..as the 2nd song!!!! Thats all im sayin.. fucking HABITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! :D:D:D BLOOD!! im a happy chick...i think Soon forget was on the list but crossed off (please correct me WS if thats not correct)

Ok Nippleholic (yeah I was supposed to go up to your row and say hello after the text message but i started talking & was distracted...DOH), sarah, jack shittttt and everyone else i was supposed to meet up with yesterday *SORRY!!* We will meet again in the future.. better planning on my part next time.. hehehahah Oh and the people I did meet and I cant remember your name: HI!!! :D (the 3 ladies that are doing the ENTIRE Canada tour? NICE *herbage* :D) Nice meeting you and oh yes... ill be back...

WS "what a long strange trip its been" lololololol seriously "THATS GOOD TIMES" and "S or G?" hahhahahaahhahaah oh yeah thanks for the art history! seriously I had no idea.. *clueless* im just a nerdy accountant.... THANK YOU!!

toronto i love you!!!!!! Hello hockey hall of fame! what was that statue in the front? I was so drooling over the building and how cool it was... the old bank or something... OOOHG AND YOU GUYS HAVE A LUSHHHHHH STORE IN THE MALLL!!!!!! OHHHH I LOVE IT!!! :D:D The chants!! the WAVES!! The food! the people!! the CONDOS!! LOVE IT.. Oh to the nutcracker at the westin? HAVE A NICE DAY. :D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    We were yelling BOOOOM! not booing!

Some of these posts here are kind bugging me.....I dont want to hear any negativity about any PJ shows- EVER. quote]

That's kinda scary.

Chris
  • Options
    Jaidra wrote:
    I didn't get a pat down at the door either, but they didn't have any ladies checking people where I came in. The security on the floor was intense though. There were no less than 3 big guys pacing the aisle beside my seat. One security guy squeezed through our entire row to tell someone way on the other side to stop smoking.

I guess it depends on where you sit.

When I was on the floor in Kitchener we had a security guard that looked like a cross between a bulldog and a Sherman tank patrolling the aisle beside us. When my night started in Toronto there was a stocky, jolly old man that didn't speak English very well. I was almost "that person" that gets hugged and thrown up on by uber drunk man behind me. Etc.

My fella has tattoos, I didn't think to ask him how his time was spent getting through security. He was behind me in line.
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of you all.....!!! Will they ever come back to Europe????
  • Options
    "Hey Green Di$ea$e, could you tell me why you put the London show higher than Hamilton and Kitchener? personally, I thought Hamilton was fantastic. I didn't get to see as many as you did (you're a lucky bugger) but I thought Hamilton was absolutely awesome.
    Reply With Quote"

the setlist was far superior, opening with oceans, played black red yellow glorified g, hard to imagine, state of love and trust and smile. there wasn't as many generic songs, as well thanks to a board member with a low number i was front row center
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    set list for the casual fan ... not the greatest for the die hards ... the show was average - nothing spectacular ... ed didn't seem too comfortable out there ...

I think that cuz:

A- he wasnt drinking as much

B- U2 fuckers where there and he probably seemed intimidated, that he had to be professional
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    chemi wrote:
    I think that cuz:

A- he wasnt drinking as much

B- U2 fuckers where there and he probably seemed intimidated, that he had to be professional

my take

all the other shows were a club gig - toronto got a rock show

i don't go to rock shows, i don't even go to large venues unless I'm comped the tickets or win them but I will ALWAYS do it for Pearl Jam because of the great dynamic of the band (the one that got left behind)

and I've never ever been distracted by side stage before - it wasn't the edge and bono - it was just so busy

I don't talk much during a show - I'm there to listen and I always find it a sign of respect to do so and it was just weird for me to see the people at the side of the stage in full animated conversation

It's absolutely none of my business but it was always there in the peripheral

The music was great, perfect, spot on as always - but I could have heard the music at home - I wanted to feel the thrill and the energy and the feedback
    of emotion from the stage

this is why I go - and it's why they are the greatest band on the planet to see live

I guess I had been spoiled at the other shows - the guys were having such a damn good time that it was contagious and that was not the case in Toronto

so everybody getting on people's cases about "complaining about the set lists" or seeing too many shows in a row - this had nothing to do with it

there was a hole in the show - the hole was the love that ed usually shares with the crowd

he did his job - he got up and sang and it was beautiful
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    share wrote:

The music was great, perfect, spot on as always - but I could have heard the music at home - I wanted to feel the thrill and the energy and the feedback
    of emotion from the stage

this is why I go - and it's why they are the greatest band on the planet to see live

I guess I had been spoiled at the other shows - the guys were having such a damn good time that it was contagious and that was not the case in Toronto

so everybody getting on people's cases about "complaining about the set lists" or seeing too many shows in a row - this had nothing to do with it

there was a hole in the show - the hole was the love that ed usually shares with the crowd

he did his job - he got up and sang and it was beautiful

I sorta felt the hole as well-- even though I was being distracted by the problems I was having with the people next to me-- I still noticed the lack of connection and I couldn't figure out what the problem was exactly. :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Too much to write about, too little time.

As this was my first Pearl Jam concert, my assessment of the show is going to be a tad biased. Had this been my 12th show, I'd probably come in with different set of expectations re: setlist, overall performance, interaction with crowd, etc.

The ACC was rocking as if it were a Leafs playoff game, and PJ really seemed to feed off the energy. If this was one of the least impressive shows on the Canadian tour, I can only imagine the ass-kicking I would have received in Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Montreal, Ottawa and the other cities! What an event!

I'm glad I got to catch PJ on one of their CDN tour stops, as I was out-of-town when they played in Buffalo the other year.