Options

**Toronto Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
edited October 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
Ed solo: Porch

Set list: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Small Town, Even Flow, Habit, Daughter, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive

2nd encore: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World w/Bono and Sleater Kinney, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    the show was great! -that's my fanview. not ottawa or kitchener great, but still great in it's own right. the band was really tight tonight.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    good show!!

highlights: black (we belong together tag), present tense, rockin in the free world w/ bono

awesome crowd as always..they need to retire evenflow in my opinion
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    What a show!! My third and final show of this tour. I got to hear Wishlist and Leaving Here for the first time. It was fantastic!
    It was also my sister's first show and I couldn't have picked a better show for her to see as her first. She forgave PJ for not playing Nothingman because Bono came out.
    How crazy was that? No way did I think that it was going to happen, even with the talk of it on the boards. But Ed hinted at it all nite talking about U2 a bunch. I kind of tackled my sis out of excitement when I saw the man with the cowboy hat on.
    Anyways, thanks PJ and Sleater Kinney for a great week! Enjoy the rest of Canada. We love you here in Ontario!
    Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson
  • Options
    present tense and indifference...got to hear PT for the 1st time live tyvm!

all in all a great show! rocked out for sure and have the ringing in my ears still to prove it. good sing-alongs, eh?
    is this on?
  • Options
    wow ... what a sik show ... while very similar to the kitchener show I saw last Sunday, it was still amazing in its own ... and with U2 as the "opening band", it was great to see Bono run out on stage during Rockin' in the Free World ... the crowd went nuts, the energy levels were running high and made for an amazing show ... wishlist was a highlight as well as my other faves Jeremy and Given to Fly ... ya just gotta hand it to PJ to put on one hell of a show with a few surprises here and there ... thanks ed, stone, jeff, mike and matt for making canada a better place this past month!
    - payner

06/28/03 - toronto
    09/11/05 - kitchener
    09/19/05 - toronto
  • Options
    What an awesome night! Sure, people will complain that it wasn't long enough or that it was too "generic" of a set list(hell, I'm one of the complainers), but ya know what? The band rocked out hard core tonight! From Porch as the pre-set, to Release as the opener(my personal fav), right on through some of my other favs such as Given To Fly, Wishlist and Blood, this was an awesome performance! The crowd was the best I've experienced in Toronto, certainly better than '00, or '03 in my opinion. And to top it all off, Bono coming on stage was just incredible! Also, the "tower" comparisson was funny as hell! We both have large erections(Seattle and Toronto), lol... Gotta love Eddie....
    "it's evolution baby"
  • Options
    good show, very predictable... i saw kitchener, hamilton, and i would rank toronto last out of those 3.

but then again...bono guested on rockin' and i was there to see, soooo...yeah
  • Options
    wish i would have gone to the show. i like the setlist and will get the boot.
    bono wants a free world, as does pearl jam. good mix.
  • Options
    the hamilton show was more intimate(more interaction with the fans)...But toronto rocked the fuckn' house down, bono was a good feature but neil would have been a dream come true. Keep on rocking the fuck on guys, your awesome.
    Toronto '96
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '00
    Toronto '03
    Hamiltion '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto 05/09/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
  • Options
    The crowd sure brought their A-game. Ed has his troubles tonight. At times it was the lyrics, the guitar level (?) and getting around with his mic chord. The crowd gave it in Betterman.
    And what was that improv/new song/intro to Small Town?

PJ Sparks
    ps. And it was nice to see Sleater-Kinney include Words and Guitar into their set. They've been a great opening band.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    It was a pretty good show, very enjoyable. Pretty similar setlist to Kitchener and Hamilton - both of which I saw - but all in all a pretty rockin show. What happened to Ed though during Black? Before the we belong together part he walked off the stage to get a towel I believe, but from my vantage point it seemed as though he was tearing up. I have heard of this occuring before, but I just want to clearify with others that that's acctually what occured. I was 19th row, so a distraught and teary ed might actually have just been a tired and sweaty ed...

he did hug jeff right after though...hmmm...
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    I think Ed was a wee bit hungover, lotsa mistakes but all taken in stride to produce another amazing show ... was cool to see Stone finish Ed's guitar parts in an early song after his string broke. What song was that? I'd remember but I'm a wee bit tired....3 shows in 8 days fun fun fun.

Other highlights:
    Ed pointed out the world's largest erection (CN Tower) and said it reminded him of Seattle's Space Needle.

As indicated Bono rocked Rockin in the Free World...a very nice treat.

The preshow wave.

The last comments that they would like to come back...always good to hear.
  • Options
    Am i the only one going apeshit here???

Most of you are making it sound as if this were pretty much just another show. I haven't heard it yet, but come on!! Ed doing Porch solo????! AND the Black tag, AND Bono on RITFW!!! I'm dying to hear more details of any of these three occurences.
  • Options
    What happened to Ed though during Black? Before the we belong together part he walked off the stage to get a towel I believe

i was sitting in the back corner of the ACC where he walked off during black. all he did was towel off and light up a smoke, nothing out of the ordinary really.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I like the look of that setlist would like to hear ed solo Porch !!!

thanks everyone for posting :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    sharptoesharptoe Rochester, NY Posts: 91
    http://www.s109718014.onlinehome.us/sharptoe/images/1.jpg
    http://www.s109718014.onlinehome.us/sharptoe/images/2.jpg
    http://www.s109718014.onlinehome.us/sharptoe/images/3.jpg

Seats were in the 4th row. Average show IMHO (Hamilton was better). The Daughter/betterman/1/2 full brought me down, but still fun.

I have a pretty good vid of Bono and ed singing
    Maybe so, Maybe not!
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    I'm bringing one of my best buddies tonight at Quebec.... This guy is an old PJ fan... liked the old stuff... well i think that after a show like Toronto he wont get is wish....

This was an amazing "old fan" setlist... I went to Montreal... very good... but i better not show this setlist to him...

If only they would of waited 1 show...

But hey... i'm not complaining... the stranger it is... the more i love it!!

Can't wait to see the opener... and pray the lord my buddy get to ear Rearviewmirror... but again not sure they played it twice in a row... or rarely...
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    hazehaze Posts: 1
    Long time fan, first show. Kick ass.

Took my buddy who isn't too familiar with PJ, made a fan out of him. Good setlist; lots of crowd pleasers. Could have thrown a few more songs in but nothing to complain about. The crowd seemed pretty hyped, we were in the back, sec. 113 row 26... not the best seats but it didn't matter much, great view of Matt.

Have most of the 2000, 2003 bootlegs, can't wait to finally hear how a show sounds on a boot compared to actually being there :D Thanks for the pics sharptoe, if anyone else has some that would be awsome.

Long live Pearl Jam!!!
    [}{]
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    wow. just... wow! how do ya even review that? anything i say is gonna sound like "(insert charlie brown teacher noises) BONO!! (insert same noise.)" i hate that i'm too old to call everyone i know at 5am.
  • Options
    you ungreatful fucks......there are people that havent been able to see PJ in like 10 years and your bitchin that each of your 7 consecutive shows arent unique
    dont ruin it for everyone else
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Muhahhahahahahhhahahahah....Muahhahahahahahah (evil laugh)....I think they are resting up for the 3 nights in the Maritimes...muhahahahahahhahahaha

I guess I'd agree with everyone that it was a pretty basic setlist for the most part. But I still hold to the fact that they have to please the other 90% of the people who attend the concert and really want to hear some of the 'popular' songs. The bottom line is that while we, as long time fans, are underwhelmed with hearing Even Flow for the 900th time, there are thousands of people at home saying how awesome it was to finally get to see it live. All part of the greater good and I am more than content to see the whole arena get their money's worth and enjoying themselves. I love it when I bring someone to see them who isn't a huge fan and watch them walk out as big a fan as I am. What would be cool is if they played all the staples and threw in 4 or 5 songs that make the rabid fan's night as well....and they do that on more occassions than not. Besides, if you look at the tour as a whole, we are getting a lot of different songs..I'm sure someone out there has the numbers...

Ah well..I don't blame em for holding some of the goodies back for the maritimes...Dirty Frank in Halifax perhaps?? A little Garden in St.John's? ;-)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    bobonic wrote:
    you ungreatful fucks......there are people that havent been able to see PJ in like 10 years and your bitchin that each of your 7 consecutive shows arent unique
    dont ruin it for everyone else

I agree. always keep in mind i'm sure there are always quite a few people at a show who have never seen pearl jam and i'm sure they like to hear some of the more "common" songs. And hell it's not like those common songs are bad. Animal still kicks ass 10 years later. Plus Porch as a preset that's pretty wild that has never been done before to my knowledge. I would like to know more about how that sounded.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Bono didn't try and tag RITFW with Vertigo did he? :)
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    I don't think think they are being ungrateful. A bad Pearl Jam show is better than 99% of other band's best show. And this was NOT a bad PJ show at all, it was a hell of a lot of fun, with some very nice surprises.

I think a lot of 10C members were pretty bushed too...not so much bouncing in the first 20 rows. But that's ok. You can't put a value on moments like Ed and Bono singing into the same mic on a Neil anthem. Priceless.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    This show left me unimpressed. The solo Porch was great. Other than that, this was simply a greatest hits show with a very predicatable setlist. The band played the songs very well, but for many of the hardcore fans like myself who had been to the last 6 shows, this was a huge disappointment. They didn't pull a single song out of the vault for this one. The worst show of the 6 by a long shot.

You need a PJ break! You are PJ'ed out! ;-) If I could control the setlist, I would take out evenflow, jeremey, daughter, betterman,...but.....you have to remember, 90% of the people there are casual fans! They don't own anything from PJ after Vitology.
  • Options
    sharptoesharptoe Rochester, NY Posts: 91
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Bono didn't try and tag RITFW with Vertigo did he? :)

I just re-watched the video of bono singing and it's tough to make out. I did not recognize it as Vertigo.

".......pearl jam nation.....how's it feel."

The was singing in the 'Lukin' fgast lyrics style. Once you hear it, you will understand. outstanding showmanship.
    Maybe so, Maybe not!
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    set list for the casual fan ... not the greatest for the die hards ... the show was average - nothing spectacular ... ed didn't seem too comfortable out there ...
  • Options
    Ugh..

Leave Sleater Kinney out of the main set.

If I wanted to see them I would go in the venue before PJ comes on.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    I am amazed at what I'm reading. I have been a die-hard Pearl Jam fan back since before Ten was even being played on the radio. I have every album including a number of bootlegs and live shows and I was absolutely blown away by last night's show.
    Maybe if I had toured the country like some of the posters on this site, I might have a more objectionable view, but for the huge fan that I am, seeing them last night reminded me why I love this band so much.
    Don't be so critical people...
    A good show is a good show...
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:
    " i hate that i'm too old to call everyone i know at 5am.

Ahhh, that cracks me up!!! I've felt the same on many occasions.
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.