Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    conman wrote:
    anyone else notice how passive and agreeable Shane was this episode?
    yes.

the calm before the storm?

Thats what I think- Shane loses his shit over the next two episodes
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    intodeep wrote:
    Good episode.
    Dale was annoying but in the end i'm sad to see him go. He was important to the group. Hopefully his impact will live on.

YEA I WAS ROOTING FOR HIM..... dopey carl ..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I wasn't expecting Dale to be the one that got eaten. He was the only decent one left. why the FUCK are Lori and Rick not keeping their kid in sight at all fucking times? If I was living in a zombie apocalypse, you bet your ass I wouldn't be letting my daughters wander around in the fucking woods.

Yeah, unbelievable how he just wanders around doing what he wants to do. They don't let Beth out of their sights, but Carl....... let him go.

And then Shane didn't even question Carl about what he & Randall were talking about in the barn. I would really want to know what Randall said to him. They would have given some insight that he was in fact wanting to go back to his group. Although, I guess if he thought the farm group was going to kill him that would have been the lesser of two evils for him.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i missed the first 5 minutes...what was the intro?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    81 wrote:

they opened with release.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

sweet...

sounds like i missed a torture scene....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    maybe seeing Dale die because of the zombie he met earlier will set Carl straight..

also.. what about T-Dawg?! we know less about him than about newer characters..
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Yarden wrote:
    what about T-Dawg?! we know less about him than about newer characters..

The scene from next week they showed on Talking Dead was with T-Dog. He at least does something and speaks a line next week, which is more than he did this week. With Dale gone maybe he will get some more lines, and somebody has to drive that RV. After the episode with the walker in the well I can't remember him doing or saying anything. But he has been taking it easy on account of the gash and the infection he received when the herd passed them on the highway.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Yarden wrote:

The scene from next week they showed on Talking Dead was with T-Dog. He at least does something and speaks a line next week, which is more than he did this week. With Dale gone maybe he will get some more lines, and somebody has to drive that RV. After the episode with the walker in the well I can't remember him doing or saying anything. But he has been taking it easy on account of the gash and the infection he received when the herd passed them on the highway.

He must not have that magical healing power that Rick, Carl, and Randall have. :) They are up and about in no time. Randall's only problem with his wound was having the scab pulled off!?!? Ha!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:

he helped burn the zombies from the barn
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    With Dale gone maybe he will get some more lines, and somebody has to drive that RV. .

winston was the only ghostbuster to drive ecto-1. think about it. ;)
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    With Dale gone maybe he will get some more lines, and somebody has to drive that RV. .

winston was the only ghostbuster to drive ecto-1. think about it. ;)

So that means T-Dog is indispensable, at least until they find Morgan again.

Morgan_Jones.png
  • Options

Morgan_Jones.png

would be interesting if morgan is part of the 30 man party
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    My internet has been down, so I am a little late to the party. However, all I can say after last night's episode is NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I did not see that coming with Dale, but I guess there was a lot of foreshadowing earlier in the episode. I will miss his character, damn it Carl!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    My internet has been down, so I am a little late to the party. However, all I can say after last night's episode is NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I did not see that coming with Dale, but I guess there was a lot of foreshadowing earlier in the episode. I will miss his character, damn it Carl!

After the way Carl acted last night, I hope he is next to go.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    Sad to see Dale go. Had a feeling once Carl left that zombie in the woods, it would find it's way into camp.
    I just don't get how or why that zombie had super-human strength. No human is capable of ripping open someone's abdomen...
    In fact, it would have made more sense had the zombie picked up the gun and went on a zombie shooting rampage! :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I just don't get how or why that zombie had super-human strength. No human is capable of ripping open someone's abdomen...

Yeah, that bothered me too. Seemed silly. The special effects guy, who was also the director of that episode, explained it on Talking Dead. He said that zombies don't have trimmed nails, and because of dehydration are very bony, including the fingers, so it was able to dig in. But I don't really buy that. Even with bony and untrimmed fingers I don't think the average human could do that kind of damage.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol:

Now that Dale's voice of reason is gone...all hell can break loose.

I was really hoping the zombie would eat Carl...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    edited March 2012
    81 wrote:

Morgan_Jones.png

would be interesting if morgan is part of the 30 man party

I'm still waiting for Merle's return...he has to be part of the pack.
    Post edited by afroannnie on
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, that bothered me too. Seemed silly. The special effects guy, who was also the director of that episode, explained it on Talking Dead. He said that zombies don't have trimmed nails, and because of dehydration are very bony, including the fingers, so it was able to dig in. But I don't really buy that. Even with bony and untrimmed fingers I don't think the average human could do that kind of damage.
    He didn't even sound like he believed the excuse himself....guess he was looking for an excuse to use that awesomely original idea he came up with: using actual chicken breasts for the scene :lol:....he seemed pretty proud of that. We used REAL meat!!!! :D
    And yes....kinda dumb that the guy in the barn only has scabs and a bit of a limp from being impaled, and uh...depaled (? :lol: ) on a f'n barbed wrought-iron spike. Even if it missed the bone and arteries (almost impossible when you think of how much flesh is on the side of a thigh near the knee....he'd still have every muscle/tendon/ligament in his leg torn to shit...and likely would have bled out. Not to mention some bacterial issues. This show has a LOT of plot holes.
    As was mentioned earlier in the thread: still not understanding how they're making it seem that the virus could be airborn (no bites on the cops last episode), yet Rick and Shane can be covered in zombie blood with open cuts of their own...? Guess they're immune?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    Granted it's not a rational show because there are no zombies (....yet ;):D ) but they forget some common things either discussed or go against all forms of reality.
    As a person of medicine and science, this show makes me laugh and cringe at times.

The episode in the CDC was beyond ridiculous! :D
  • Options
    less we foret its a tv show ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    less we foret its a tv show ;):mrgreen:

You forgot your G in forget
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746

After the way Carl acted last night, I hope he is next to go.

Yeah, what the hell was with Carl?? Wandering off into the woods, looking into the barn when Rick was about to kill the prisoner. Nice parenting too by Rick and Lori...you might want to keep an eye on your 8 year old when you live in a world full of fucking zombies! That was driving me nuts
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    i was kinda glad to see dale go, he was kinda getting on my nerves. Was also hoping that Carl would have shot Randall. He seems shady to me. Although for a sec I thought Carl was gonna shoot him.

Anyone see the Talking Dead this week? Pretty cool with Scott Ian on it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Well, Rick and Lori are always running around like crazy people doing shit. Rick usually has a reason, but Lori hauling ass after him for very little reason was kind of stupid. I guess it's just in Carl's blood.
  • Options
    I don't understand why so many people were annoyed by Dale. He was the voice of reason in an unreasonable situation! He was the only one trying to keep things sane!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I don't understand why so many people were annoyed by Dale. He was the voice of reason in an unreasonable situation! He was the only one trying to keep things sane!

He was also a bit of an instigator. Like telling Lori that he thought Shane killed Otis, something he never mentioned or apparently had no problem with until he got all butthurt when he started spending time with Andrea.

His role on the show was to drive/fix the RV, until they got to the farm and parked it, then he just walked around and gossiped. Until this week that is. Glad the last episode he was in he got to actually do something and have his little quasi-courtroom scene and give a nice monologue. I liked him, and hate to see him go, but I can see why people might not like him.
  • Options

He was also a bit of an instigator. Like telling Lori that he thought Shane killed Otis, something he never mentioned or apparently had no problem with until he got all butthurt when he started spending time with Andrea.

His role on the show was to drive/fix the RV, until they got to the farm and parked it, then he just walked around and gossiped. Until this week that is. Glad the last episode he was in he got to actually do something and have his little quasi-courtroom scene and give a nice monologue. I liked him, and hate to see him go, but I can see why people might not like him.

he wasn't gossiping. he was trying to keep the group on a positive course. he made no bones to shane's face about how he felt about him, and he confronted him face to face about Ottis, so that wasn't gossiping, that was educating the group against a guy he thought was dangerous.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014