Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Idris said:

Nami said:

Idris said:

I knew this was gonna be a good episode when they started out by playing some NIN's "Somewhat Damaged :smiley:

Thought Carl might get some. Ending was pretty sweet with Michonne knocking out Rick. Season finale next week, 90 minutes.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy at the end there. Can't wait for the finale.

I'm guessing this group that carves the 'W' into all the walkers is going to make an appearance? And maybe that will make Deanna and everyone else in Alexandria realize that they really do need Rick's group?
    Michonne dropping Rick was fantastic! I really liked that last episode...will the walkers ever start to run? (yes yes, stupid I'm sure!) And can they speak/communicate to (with) one another?
    lol i was thinking about 28 days later just last night... now those fuckers could run....lol
    yes! Plus, a little of their blood could turn a person in seconds, no bite necessary. Awesome movie(s) The sequel was good too.
    28 days later was fantastic and terrifying. really enjoyed the sequel as well. talks about a third have been going on for a while but it can't seem to get legs. i believe there is a script getting worked on, just need a studio to green light it.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited March 2015
    rival. said:

Idris said:

Nami said:

Idris said:

I knew this was gonna be a good episode when they started out by playing some NIN's "Somewhat Damaged :smiley:

Thought Carl might get some. Ending was pretty sweet with Michonne knocking out Rick. Season finale next week, 90 minutes.

I'm guessing this group that carves the 'W' into all the walkers is going to make an appearance? And maybe that will make Deanna and everyone else in Alexandria realize that they really do need Rick's group?
    Michonne dropping Rick was fantastic! I really liked that last episode...will the walkers ever start to run? (yes yes, stupid I'm sure!) And can they speak/communicate to (with) one another?
    lol i was thinking about 28 days later just last night... now those fuckers could run....lol
    yes! Plus, a little of their blood could turn a person in seconds, no bite necessary. Awesome movie(s) The sequel was good too.
    28 days later was fantastic and terrifying. really enjoyed the sequel as well. talks about a third have been going on for a while but it can't seem to get legs. i believe there is a script getting worked on, just need a studio to green light it.
    What was the name of the sequel? I don't remember it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Idris said:

Idris said:

No. When they were at the cdc in season 2, it was explained that walkers have basically no brain activity, but the virus reactivates their mobility and hunger and makes them function.

ahhh, I gotta re watch that asap.

and by no 'brain activity' they mean no 'cognitive reasoning'? So the brain only functions as a means to control muscle movement.

I'm wondering how they are able to sense one another, if the brain is not functioning, I guess the level of brain function is important.

Do the undead really just move using the Brain Stem? Makes me then question some of those Head shots.

Let me re check those episodes, thanks.

I don't really know the medical specifics, but basically they have their senses, but not much else.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

rival. said:

Idris said:

Nami said:

Idris said:

the 2nd one was called 28 Weeks Later. The proposed third, 28 Months Later, is explained here:

Fox Atomic stated in June 2007 that they would consider producing a third film, if DVD sales of the film did well.[28] In July 2007, while promoting Sunshine, Boyle said he had a possible story for the next film. "There is an idea for the next one, something which would move the story on. I've got to think about it, whether it's right or not."[29] In October 2010, when Alex Garland was asked what was happening with 28 Months Later, he declared: "I'll answer that completely honestly. When we made 28 Days Later, the rights were frozen between a group of people who are no longer talking to each other. And so, the film is never going to happen unless those people start talking to each other again. There is no script as far as I'm aware."[30] In January 2011, Danny Boyle said, "There is a good idea for it, and once I've got [my stage production of] Frankenstein open, I'll begin to think about it a bit more."[31] On 13 April 2013 Boyle stated: "[I]t’s 40/60 whether [a sequel] happens or not. But we did have an idea of where to set it and what it might be about." When asked to share that idea, Boyle laughed and said, "No, because they’ll end up in The Walking Dead."[32] On 14 January 2015, Garland stated: "We’ve just started talking about it seriously. We’ve got an idea. Danny [Boyle] and [producer] Andrew [Macdonald] and I have been having quite serious conversations about it so it is a possibility. It’s complicated. There’s a whole bunch of reasons why it’s complicated, which are boring so I won’t go into, but there’s a possibility," also adding that "It’s more likely to be 28 Months than 28 Years. 28 Years gives you one more place to go," hinting at the possibility of a fourth film as well.[33]

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

rival. said:

Idris said:

Nami said:

Idris said:

the 2nd one was called 28 Weeks Later. The proposed third, 28 Months Later, is explained here:

Fox Atomic stated in June 2007 that they would consider producing a third film, if DVD sales of the film did well.[28] In July 2007, while promoting Sunshine, Boyle said he had a possible story for the next film. "There is an idea for the next one, something which would move the story on. I've got to think about it, whether it's right or not."[29] In October 2010, when Alex Garland was asked what was happening with 28 Months Later, he declared: "I'll answer that completely honestly. When we made 28 Days Later, the rights were frozen between a group of people who are no longer talking to each other. And so, the film is never going to happen unless those people start talking to each other again. There is no script as far as I'm aware."[30] In January 2011, Danny Boyle said, "There is a good idea for it, and once I've got [my stage production of] Frankenstein open, I'll begin to think about it a bit more."[31] On 13 April 2013 Boyle stated: "[I]t’s 40/60 whether [a sequel] happens or not. But we did have an idea of where to set it and what it might be about." When asked to share that idea, Boyle laughed and said, "No, because they’ll end up in The Walking Dead."[32] On 14 January 2015, Garland stated: "We’ve just started talking about it seriously. We’ve got an idea. Danny [Boyle] and [producer] Andrew [Macdonald] and I have been having quite serious conversations about it so it is a possibility. It’s complicated. There’s a whole bunch of reasons why it’s complicated, which are boring so I won’t go into, but there’s a possibility," also adding that "It’s more likely to be 28 Months than 28 Years. 28 Years gives you one more place to go," hinting at the possibility of a fourth film as well.[33]

ahhhh! Nice,
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,996
    Finally caught up.
    I back to liking this show.
    From the van drop I was losing interest, but seeing them outta gas both physically and mentally has got me back in to it.
    The tornado/hurricane scene was probably my favorite so far of the second half. Gave the the heebee jeebees and then an exhilaration once the sun came out...I'm watching it advert free so it was a very quick turn around.

Here's what I think could happen.
    Maggie dies. Killed by the guy who took Ricks gun. Glenn goes off the deep end.
    Michonne dies. Killed trying to defend Alexandria. She doesn't get a starring credit during the opening credits.
    Rick and Carl are separated. Rick is banished and Carls loins are working overtime. Rick saves the day after the gang attacks.

The torsos keep freaking me out too.
    Especially the ones in the back of the truck that they hit trying to get Tyrese some medical help. They had the W on the forehead.

"Wolves were here" was spray painted on a retaining wall in Noahs community.

These people are fuct.

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    I wonder why they collect torsos and heads. My thoughts are they would be great land mines. Spread them around the perimeter and at the very least it would certainly slow down any attackers.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

Idris said:

Idris said:

No. When they were at the cdc in season 2, it was explained that walkers have basically no brain activity, but the virus reactivates their mobility and hunger and makes them function.

and by no 'brain activity' they mean no 'cognitive reasoning'? So the brain only functions as a means to control muscle movement.

I'm wondering how they are able to sense one another, if the brain is not functioning, I guess the level of brain function is important.

Do the undead really just move using the Brain Stem? Makes me then question some of those Head shots.

I don't really know the medical specifics, but basically they have their senses, but not much else.

Nothing about the CDC episode (or just the zombies themselves) makes any sense from a medical/scientific standpoint.
    Jenner (I think that was his name) from the CDC showed what was essentially an EEG of a zombie brain. The active part of that zombie's brain doesn't control motor skills (walking, chewing, etc.) and it also doesn't control breathing, the cardiovascular system, or vision and hearing. Now I know what your saying...they don't breathe as there was a live zombie under water during the Governor episodes. If they aren't breathing, then they also can't move. And to make the zombie "groan", they need to expel air through the vocal cords. Doing so would indicate semi-functioning lungs. They would also need to circulate blood somehow. Yeah, they are "rotting" but the rate of "rot" in tissue without circulating blood is 1000x faster than what these zombies show. And if they do have a functional circulatory system, they'd bleed out from all their open rot and chew wounds. They are still zombies so they are still cool in my book, but you would have thought they would have consulted someone in the know before making that CDC episode...or at least try to make it seem somewhat reasonable. The average high school student taking a basic biology class would have been of more use than what they gave us.
    Oh well.
    That's why the 28 Days Later zombies makes more sense. Forgive me as I haven't seen it in a long time, but the idea of a genetically modified, virulent pathogen that attacks the CNS making you go nuts is far more plausible.
    Anyways, back to the show.
    I think the following could be goners...in order of most likely on Sunday.

Glenn
    Carol
    Daryl
    Maggie
    Carl

Sasha could easily die too, but I still don't think of her as a main character who anyone would give a shit about dying. hahahaha!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited March 2015
    I'm pulling for Carol's death but not hopeful they'll kill her off. Her character has just become kinda silly.

I'm thinkin it will be Maggie and for some reason Judith.

Sasha will probably go too, but who really care about her. The dazed traumatic stare has gotten to be too much.

i hope they keep Glenn around.

Daryl gone would be a bummer, but I don't think it would be a show killer like a lot of people think. For being a main character there have been some big stretches where he's not around as much. I'm thinking the light they are following is setting up a cliffhanger to go into next season.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

Nothing about the CDC episode (or just the zombies themselves) makes any sense from a medical/scientific standpoint.
    Jenner (I think that was his name) from the CDC showed what was essentially an EEG of a zombie brain. The active part of that zombie's brain doesn't control motor skills (walking, chewing, etc.) and it also doesn't control breathing, the cardiovascular system, or vision and hearing. Now I know what your saying...they don't breathe as there was a live zombie under water during the Governor episodes. If they aren't breathing, then they also can't move. And to make the zombie "groan", they need to expel air through the vocal cords. Doing so would indicate semi-functioning lungs. They would also need to circulate blood somehow. Yeah, they are "rotting" but the rate of "rot" in tissue without circulating blood is 1000x faster than what these zombies show. And if they do have a functional circulatory system, they'd bleed out from all their open rot and chew wounds. They are still zombies so they are still cool in my book, but you would have thought they would have consulted someone in the know before making that CDC episode...or at least try to make it seem somewhat reasonable. The average high school student taking a basic biology class would have been of more use than what they gave us.
    Oh well.
    That's why the 28 Days Later zombies makes more sense. Forgive me as I haven't seen it in a long time, but the idea of a genetically modified, virulent pathogen that attacks the CNS making you go nuts is far more plausible.
    Anyways, back to the show.
    I think the following could be goners...in order of most likely on Sunday.

Glenn
    Carol
    Daryl
    Maggie
    Carl

Sasha could easily die too, but I still don't think of her as a main character who anyone would give a shit about dying. hahahaha!
    well there is a certain amount of belief you have to suspend in a series like this. it is fantasy, after all. but I do agree that the "science" behind the 28 Days Later zombies were more plausible.

one gross thing I've wondered about TWD zombies.....if they eat, do they not shit? so wouldn't they just be walking around with shit falling out of their pants?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    ^hahahaha! I want to see a zombie taking a dump!
    This may sound weird, but one thing I wished the show showed is the daily struggle of things. Yeah, they show them hunting, but rarely do they talk about water. They never mention bathroom stuff. You never see them walking and Glenn say "Uh, hey guys, I gotta take a poop. Give me 5 minutes!"
    So, Alexandria has electricity so therefore wells can provide water and while a community like that would likely have sewer or septic systems...what did they do about all the poop at the prison or in Woodbury? There were a lot of people in both places. Do you suppose there was just a big hole behind the prison they all dumped in? hahaha
    That's how I'd go out in the zombie apocalypse. I'll be squatting to take a dump and a zombie will come up and get me. Next thing you see is a zombie "mca47" coming out of the woods with pants around my ankles! lol
  • Options
    mca47 said:

^hahahaha! I want to see a zombie taking a dump!
    This may sound weird, but one thing I wished the show showed is the daily struggle of things. Yeah, they show them hunting, but rarely do they talk about water. They never mention bathroom stuff. You never see them walking and Glenn say "Uh, hey guys, I gotta take a poop. Give me 5 minutes!"
    So, Alexandria has electricity so therefore wells can provide water and while a community like that would likely have sewer or septic systems...what did they do about all the poop at the prison or in Woodbury? There were a lot of people in both places. Do you suppose there was just a big hole behind the prison they all dumped in? hahaha
    That's how I'd go out in the zombie apocalypse. I'll be squatting to take a dump and a zombie will come up and get me. Next thing you see is a zombie "mca47" coming out of the woods with pants around my ankles! lol

yeah, I've wondered about that too, why they don't show them doing that stuff, but then when I think about it, they don't show daily struggles of any kind in any other type of show if it doesn't advance the plot.

they did once, if you recall, in season 1 I believe, have water issues. that's where they found bloated zombie at the bottom of that well that glenn had to take care of which then I think exploded or something.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    yeah i think Daryl's time could be up. He hasn't really done anything this season. I hope it's not Glenn.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    With glenn being so strong and assertive the last few episodes, i wonder if it might be maggie that dies. Although, with carol and daryl on talking dead after, that tells me its one of them. Although, it would be odd for them to give that away. It could be anyone! Arg!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Outside of Maggie listening to the Preacher talk bad about the group, I dont recall her doing anything this season.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

yeah i think Daryl's time could be up. He hasn't really done anything this season. I hope it's not Glenn.

Nooo, NOT Daryl! He just got a 'new' bike,
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Not that the title of a show matters too much, but this is what they came up with for the spinoff series?!?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-companion-series-fear-walking-dead
  • Options

Not that the title of a show matters too much, but this is what they came up with for the spinoff series?!?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-companion-series-fear-walking-dead

Not a fan of that either.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    At least they didn't go the way of Walking Dead: LA like all the crime dramas do with their spinoffs. The title still sucks, I hope they put more creative effort into the scripts than this title or the show will just be a watered down urban rehash.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the guy who started this thread is full of the drug... the bad one!you know! rhymes with donkey junk
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    do i watch Wrestlemania or the Walking Dead finale tomorrow? :confounded:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    As to the title of the spin off I wonder if they felt they had to keep TWD in the title so as to benefit from the brand. So people realize that it is TWD spin-off. But I agree that it is not too creative. Hope the show is.
  • Options

No contest: walking dead. WM will be the usual super hyped letdown.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    oh man cant wait for tonight...going to be good. 1.5hrs... i hope to fuck its not an hour of commercials.... lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

No contest: walking dead. WM will be the usual super hyped letdown.
    i have both on :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    decent finale. i liked it
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    good yes. i think the hype we discussed this week set me up for disappointment though and the commercials HF.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

good yes. i think the hype we discussed this week set me up for disappointment though and the commercials HF.

yeah true. trying not to spoil it yet for the west coasters.

Talking Dead on now
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    yup exactly.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,996
    Crazy episode.
    Was just over an hour run time without adverts.
    Wish they were all this long.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe