Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Seriously getting tired of them letting zombies 'live' when they could easily kill them...then something goes wrong and someone gets bitten, or almost bitten by one. Like, every time they decide not to kill one, it comes back to haunt them. To the point that as soon as they turned their backs on the ones behind the fence, I said to my gf 'well, someone's about to die'.

Another minor peeve....not sure if I've mentioned this in the thread before now, but it's bugged me all along....why do the characters/writer(s) pretend zombies were not a thing prior to the ZA? Annoying that every group they meet has a different word for the 'walkers'....but no one knows the word zombie.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

man I laughed when he said that. wtf.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Norman Reedus (Daryl) has stated that for the finale, "bring the kleenex". many are speculating at Daryl's demise on the finale. I think that would be a massive mistake. you don't kill off your most popular character. Kill off Judith. show a zombie gnawing on her little face. :anguished:

man i hope not. It would suck to lose Daryl. i think there is so much more they could do with this character aside from the group. you could even kill off the rest and have a show with just him...lol ok ok a little far fetched but doable.

secondly, didnt need that mental picture of a zombie eating baby so early in the morning...lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited March 2015

lol, agree with your other post. grab a stick and eliminate the threat now... cant be a questions of strength/energy at this stage living in the cozy compond
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

That is too funny!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

Seriously getting tired of them letting zombies 'live' when they could easily kill them...then something goes wrong and someone gets bitten, or almost bitten by one. Like, every time they decide not to kill one, it comes back to haunt them. To the point that as soon as they turned their backs on the ones behind the fence, I said to my gf 'well, someone's about to die'.

Another minor peeve....not sure if I've mentioned this in the thread before now, but it's bugged me all along....why do the characters/writer(s) pretend zombies were not a thing prior to the ZA? Annoying that every group they meet has a different word for the 'walkers'....but no one knows the word zombie.

yeah, I've wondered that myself. I would be thinking "every time I let one live, I potentially kill another human". but sometimes, like in this instance, they were a little pressed for time, and didn't have the time to kill all the ones at the fence.

because in their world, there was no such thing as a zombie. not in fantasy, not in comics, etc. that's how it was explained by one of the EP's in the beginning.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    I knew this was gonna be a good episode when they started out by playing some NIN's "Somewhat Damaged :smiley:

Thought Carl might get some. Ending was pretty sweet with Michonne knocking out Rick. Season finale next week, 90 minutes.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

I knew this was gonna be a good episode when they started out by playing some NIN's "Somewhat Damaged :smiley:

Thought Carl might get some. Ending was pretty sweet with Michonne knocking out Rick. Season finale next week, 90 minutes.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy at the end there. Can't wait for the finale.

I'm guessing this group that carves the 'W' into all the walkers is going to make an appearance? And maybe that will make Deanna and everyone else in Alexandria realize that they really do need Rick's group?
  • Options

I'm guessing this group that carves the 'W' into all the walkers is going to make an appearance? And maybe that will make Deanna and everyone else in Alexandria realize that they really do need Rick's group?
    Yes, I am thinking that the "Wolves" as the comic fans have described them will make an appearance and unite Rick's group and Deanna's group.

But who will die?

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Yes, I am thinking that the "Wolves" as the comic fans have described them will make an appearance and unite Rick's group and Deanna's group.

But who will die?

From all the articles/interviews I have seen lately, sounds like someone pretty big will be dying. I hope it's not Glenn or Daryl.
  • Options
    I hope it's not any of our group, but you know at least one of them will go. Will it be Sasha? Maybe Rosita since she finally made an appearance last night. We hope that Father Gabriel will go, but he will be hiding out somewhere out of danger. I'd say somebody important will go, and yes all signs point to Glenn or Daryl. Maybe Carol?
  • Options
    funny how it was mentioned in last weeks discussion they were never on the offensive....guess Sasha heard you Drowned Out. lol
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

But who will die?

From all the articles/interviews I have seen lately, sounds like someone pretty big will be dying. I hope it's not Glenn or Daryl.
    Think it will be a few people that don't make it past next week. Something that will tie both groups together to survive. I'm not sure it will be Daryl, I think him and Aaron will get captured by that group and left in limbo until next season.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Was reading on Reddit....some are saying the pieces of body we saw was morgan?? Im not so sure about that....but maybe!

And the girl tied up to the tree was almost exactly what Carol said she would do to the little boy....crazy coincidence or not?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The one guy from the new group, who retrieved the gun from the buried canister, is out for Glenn.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    cant see it being morgan, why would they string him along in the back ground making appearances every so often only to have him killed in such a way.

yeah Nicholas took that gun and has it out for Glenn. Perhaps its Maggie, eventually causing Gleen's storyline to slowly turn from good guy to bad...hmm

Probably the preacher as well... he comes into play no doubt.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Good episode. Pretty sure (like others have said) we're going to lose a big character next week. I'm thinking either Glenn or Daryl...maybe Carroll. Does anyone know who's on Talking Dead next week? Often when a character dies, they are on that show.
    Pretty sure next week, it's going to start showing everyone wanting Rick's group out, then that group who is slaughtering the walkers (the W group) is going to find Alexandria and they'll be like "well crap, I guess we need them around after all..."

I think Rick needs to stop fighting people. Seems about half the time he get's his ass handed to him! lol
    I mean, a tough and gritty former cop can't easily take down a fn neurosurgeon? Rick basically beat down Shane, and Tyrese (two big fn dudes) then almost died to the Governor...who had one eye, then barely beat the doctor after a long, drawn out fight... hahaha

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    mca47 said:

Does anyone know who's on Talking Dead next week? Often when a character dies, they are on that show.

both carol and daryl, hahaha.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    a lot of foreshadowing over a possible glenn death throughout this season. i hope not.

i wish the big drama would come in the second to last episode of the season, and then leave the finale for, "this is where we are going next season, end on a cliffhanger." always a lot to cram into a season finale with everyone expecting a big death.

i hope no one dies and they leave it at a situation carl finds himself in the comics around this point in the timeline...
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    rival. said:

mca47 said:

Does anyone know who's on Talking Dead next week? Often when a character dies, they are on that show.

AND....... a surprise guest!!

• Options
    glenn was just on the other night... i think he is safe!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    rival. said:

mca47 said:

Well shit! hahaha
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    rival. said:

Carl was on last night
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317

Michonne dropping Rick was fantastic! I really liked that last episode...will the walkers ever start to run? (yes yes, stupid I'm sure!) And can they speak/communicate to (with) one another?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Idris said:

Michonne dropping Rick was fantastic! I really liked that last episode...will the walkers ever start to run? (yes yes, stupid I'm sure!) And can they speak/communicate to (with) one another?
    lol i was thinking about 28 days later just last night... now those fuckers could run....lol
  • Options
    Carol and daryl and scott gimple are the guests on talking dead next week. Norman reedus seems to be getting quite busy lately with other projects. My guess is daryl dies.

I honestly did not see Rick going nuts. That happened very quickly. What happened to his morality? He Wants to kill a woman's husband b/c he wants some Jessie love? Seriously? Its like the entire group is losing their mind now that they are supposed to be leading a normal life. The one person in the group who started out completely bonkers, is now the most lucid. Michonne used to walk around with her "pets". Now she is a deputy and the voice of reason.

Sasha is out of her mind. That actress plays it well.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Idris said:

No. When they were at the cdc in season 2, it was explained that walkers have basically no brain activity, but the virus reactivates their mobility and hunger and makes them function.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Idris said:

No. When they were at the cdc in season 2, it was explained that walkers have basically no brain activity, but the virus reactivates their mobility and hunger and makes them function.

ahhh, I gotta re watch that asap.

and by no 'brain activity' they mean no 'cognitive reasoning'? So the brain only functions as a means to control muscle movement.

I'm wondering how they are able to sense one another, if the brain is not functioning, I guess the level of brain function is important.

Do the undead really just move using the Brain Stem? Makes me then question some of those Head shots.

Let me re check those episodes, thanks.

• Options
    Nami said:

Idris said:

lol i was thinking about 28 days later just last night... now those fuckers could run....lol
    yes! Plus, a little of their blood could turn a person in seconds, no bite necessary. Awesome movie(s) The sequel was good too.
  • Options

rival. said:

Carl was on last night
    glenn was on two weeks ago. close enough to assume he will be safe!