Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    rival. said:

dimi - i think you are missing a key point. this show is based off a comic book that started to get written almost 12 years ago. the show has done a relatively loyal job following the comics the best they could for television. they had to dial back a lot of the violence to make it fit for TV, and dial up the character development and dramatics --- again to make it fit for TV. if this show was a "kill everything that moves" show, it would have never lasted beyond the first six episodes that basically acted as a pilot for the program.

this is the first television show i have been loyal to and watched on a regular basis since futurama. does everyone take television shows this fucking seriously? my god. some episodes are strong than others. deal with it and stop the bitching. i am glad this is the only one i pay attention to as i think everyone's feedback from the losts, breaking bads, etc would drive me fucking crazy.

haha..im not bitching..i said my opinion about the episodes.
    they can do whatever they want with this or any other show!!
    i dont give a fuck how they make television..
    and again..im not talking about the show as story or where it comes from or when..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Finaly..good episode.. no people wondering,wandening and daydreaming..story moves
    lets see how will go at this community
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    good showbut man it seems that the commercials are nonstop and you never get a good flow going.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Nami said:

good showbut man it seems that the commercials are nonstop and you never get a good flow going.

Agreed. And I enjoyed the show although the whole "been watching you" thing I had trouble with. Aaron doesn't seem like much of the outdoor/hunter type of guy. How did he get so close as to listen to conversations? Did he plant the megaphone thingy on them at some point? I may have missed some of that. Also, due to Comcast HD going out and having to switch over to regular digital I missed the part of the conversation as to how Eric got hurt. And how did they find him? That part seemed to be missing.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    same here, on rogers up here, and i didn't see that part at all, he just showed up in the warehouse at end when rick and the gang met up them. the broadcast started messing up around the time rick put the gun in the blender.

btw that wasnt a megaphone, it was one of those listening devices so he could have been in the shadows listening in on the convo of the group from afar.

got me thinking now about how much i actually missed, maybe reason for all the commercials or something. i got it pvr'd so i will have to check it out but may have same results.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

same here, on rogers up here, and i didn't see that part at all, he just showed up in the warehouse at end when rick and the gang met up them. the broadcast started messing up around the time rick put the gun in the blender.

btw that wasnt a megaphone, it was one of those listening devices so he could have been in the shadows listening in on the convo of the group from afar.

got me thinking now about how much i actually missed, maybe reason for all the commercials or something. i got it pvr'd so i will have to check it out but may have same results.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that noticed that something seemed to be missing. LIke maybe they edited out the part where the group in the motor home found him. Prior to that the only thing shown was him peering out from behind big wheels - like an ATV or something - and that was just a momentary glimpse. Then skip to him suffering with a broken ankle. I knew it wasn't a megaphone and that it was some sort of listening device just didn't know how to describe it other than megaphone thingy. Ha! "Listening device" would have been so much better.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    same here.... behind the tractor wheel.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    that episode was kinda "gay" :wink:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    that device looked exactly like that thing I always wanted as a kid: the whisper 2000. but yeah, I have the show purchased through iTunes, and it showed nothing of Eric between the tractor scene and him being hobbled. kind of weird editing job on that. it wasn't clear that the group saved him. you'd think they would have left that part in.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I just realized I dont recall seeing Tara with the group the last couple episodes. Am I just not seeing her?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i remember seeing her in the barn and warehouse but no main role in this show
  • Options
    Nami said:

i remember seeing her in the barn and warehouse but no main role in this show

yeah, I asked a buddy at work this morning and he said he saw her in the barn too. weird I didn't notice her.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wow, I love this show, but didn't realize the praise would be this high:

"the first season, which received an average 92% overall "
    "The second season received mostly positive reviews. It received an 86% overall"
    "Season three received critical acclaim......received an average 93% overall"
    "The fourth season received very positive reviews.....received an average 89% overall"
    "The fifth season has received widespread critical acclaim.....received an average 97% overall"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    expecting a slow show tonight with the introduction to the town/people....

• Options
    Nami said:

expecting a slow show tonight with the introduction to the town/people....

Yep. Cue the complainers monday morning! Lol

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    so are the new "townspeople" good or bad?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

the people who live there are good.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

the people who live there are good.
    oh ok couldn't tell from the previews and i never read the comic novels.

this episode i didn't mind so much. kinda got my mind thinking. will everyone stay there? Some people seemed to like it others didn't. will they take over like rick kinda hinted at at the end?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    great episode - the pieces are being set. 1) carol playing innocent and naive, just in case anything goes to shit, she can unexpectedly jump into action against the community and catch them off guard 2) who are the three exiled men? is it possible one of them is negan? i know he doesn't appear until much later on in the comics, but for the sake of the show's flow, i can see them introducing him earlier 3) is that young girl sneaking off and providing the three exiled men with information on the community? is it possible one of the men was her father? 4) was rick and company intentionally lured there to help fight off the exiled men/negan that might be harassing the community?

those were all of my thoughts last night. i know the community's fate by reading the comics, it will just be interesting to see how the show's writer alter or tweak here and there.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    I have so many questions...

Where is the water, sewage, electricity coming from?

Where's the rest of the community, we saw 7 or 8 adults and a few kids.

This community doesn't seem that large or well protected. A rogue group of assholes could easily over run it. Who's defending it?

When did the group turn from survivors to potential predators.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    ^^^ seen the solar panel grids in one of the shots.
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

This community doesn't seem that large or well protected. A rogue group of assholes could easily over run it. Who's defending it?

Deanna explained to Rick that it had been built as a "sustainable community" with solar power and cisterns. So getting water from rain into the cisterns would be easy. But they need power to get it into a water tower so they can have running water, or at least pumps to pump it into homes. I guess the solar power provides the electricity. They showed us the solar panels. I think she also mentioned something about the sewer system too, but can't remember.

I agree with you that there sure doesn't seem to be any qualified defenders. Hard to believe they made it this far without other groups taking over or raiding the place. Maybe they have managed to stay hidden this long, but if three men were "exiled" then the secret will be out. I think we are supposed to believe that is why Deanna and group want our group in their community. They know how to fight and defend.

If I were Rick or any member of the group the first thing I would have done would have been to sneak around and get the lay of the town and find out where my dang guns were! Then find a way to access them if needed. Rick was smart to hide the hand gun in the blender. Too bad it didn't work. And each of the group needs to go out and talk to people of the town and then come back and report what they have found out.

Overall, I liked this episode. I thought it was nerve wracking because I kept waiting for something bad to happen. There was this sense of eeriness - like in a horror movie. And what made the noise that got Carl's attention and made him check out the attic/bonus room?

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625

Overall, I liked this episode. I thought it was nerve wracking because I kept waiting for something bad to happen. There was this sense of eeriness - like in a horror movie. And what made the noise that got Carl's attention and made him check out the attic/bonus room?
    I thought the episode was great, and am excited to see where it goes the rest of the second half. Those kids that Karl was hanging out with were using the room as a clubhouse of sorts. Karl returned his comic and he apologized saying he didn't realize they moved in there.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited March 2015
    i think the community is larger than we saw. either, a) they aren't showing rick and company all their cards yet, just like rick b) too many new people to introduce in one episode.

deanna also explained that alexandria was one of the first areas evacuated when everything went down, kind of explaining the lack of both the living and walkers in that immediate area, so it's not too far of a stretch to believe that is the reason why that community has not been found yet.

that young girl sneaking over the fence is shady. she has to be the one that took rick's gun.
  • Options
    If that group lost 3 or 4 people just last week, it is pretty easy to see why they recruited rick and co. to join them. They NEED them. Tying up walkers as revenge? Thats pretty fucking stupid, obviously.

I bet wall climber girl is lady senators daughter. Just a hunch.

Very intersting that carol is playing up the useless housewife angle. Daryl is actually going to end up being the useless one. He has zero community skills.

My buddy hates glenn. Always has. I think hes a badass. Plus, hes bangin' maggie. That alone gets my respect. ;)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RS151862 said:

Its not really predation. Rick explained to the senator that they shouldnt be opening their walls to anyone, as it is all about survival. I think he was talking about them. He is willing to make it work, but if walker wrestler keeps his shit up, he wont have any issue taking over.

I have a feeling, though, that something is going to happen to galvanize the groups.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I didnt see the preacher guy either? What happened to him?

And good catch paulonious I was wondering who the little girl was....that makes sense she could be her daughter!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 said:

I didnt see the preacher guy either? What happened to him?

And good catch paulonious I was wondering who the little girl was....that makes sense she could be her daughter!!

Totally. I didnt see father whatshisname either. Weird.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I was also wondering about Father Gabriel but I think I saw him standing in the background in the living room of the new house. I don't think that the girl is the congresswoman's daughter. One of the boys told Carl that she was from the outside too and had been there for 8 months.