The Headstones

1235»

Comments

  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 2,285
    Canadian tour end of the year.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 2,285
    RobbyD462 said:
    Thinking about going to the Victoria show.I haven't seen these fellas in years.
    Coming back Nov. 9!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,232
    Horse2345 said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    Thinking about going to the Victoria show.I haven't seen these fellas in years.
    Coming back Nov. 9!
    Excellent!
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BCPosts: 4,515
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    Thinking about going to the Victoria show.I haven't seen these fellas in years.
    Coming back Nov. 9!
    Excellent!
    It's three days after my birthday I think I'm in!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-09/21/09 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/04/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-09/22/09 -Pemberton,B.C-July/2016
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -09/25/09
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-09/25/11
    -Missoula,MT-Adams Arena-09/30/12
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,232
    RobbyD462 said:
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    Thinking about going to the Victoria show.I haven't seen these fellas in years.
    Coming back Nov. 9!
    Excellent!
    It's three days after my birthday I think I'm in!
    I will try.  The older I get the harder is to get a crew to go to a late night midweek bar show. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,232
    Helluva good show last night :)  I'm glad I was able to find people to go.   They kick a lot of ass.   Just as energetic as the show at Distrikt a few years ago.  Definitely worth the effort of going and taking a day off work afterwards.
  • Got a ticket for Monday.

    Gonna go... but am going to hate work the next day. I'll have to keep myself in check.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,232
    Got a ticket for Monday.

    Gonna go... but am going to hate work the next day. I'll have to keep myself in check.
    haha the show here was on the Thursday so i took the Friday off.   I'm glad I did.  I was having a good time.. lol.
  • Zod said:
    Got a ticket for Monday.

    Gonna go... but am going to hate work the next day. I'll have to keep myself in check.
    haha the show here was on the Thursday so i took the Friday off.   I'm glad I did.  I was having a good time.. lol.

    I did it! Having a night cap before nodding off.

    Good show. I forgot how 'punk' they are. They play their music fast (outside of the deliberately slower tunes).

    They play their asses off. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 37,503
    edited November 14
    Everyone was right - While I'm not a big fan of theirs (just never listen), their show on Friday was super duper good, and their fans are huge rockers... despite their advanced age (i.e. middle aged aka around my age :lol: ). Full on mosh pit at the Commodore for a good deal of the show. It was pretty hilarious to see the Commodore security guards freaking out every time someone crowd surfed - they didn't seem particularly prepared for such behaviour. :lol:

    Interesting opener. The band was called something like Snake and the Chain... and to my surprise, it is lead by Bif Naked. She is one helluva a veteran performer who is quite beloved in Vancouver, so that was a nice surprise!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 11,979
    PJ_Soul said:
    Everyone was right - While I'm not a big fan of theirs (just never listen), their show on Friday was super duper good, and their fans are huge rockers... despite their advanced age (i.e. middle aged aka around my age :lol: ). Full on mosh pit at the Commodore for a good deal of the show. It was pretty hilarious to see the Commodore security guards freaking out every time someone crowd surfed - they didn't seem particularly prepared for such behaviour. :lol:

    Interesting opener. The band was called something like Snake and the Chain... and to my surprise, it is lead by Bif Naked. She is one helluva a veteran performer who is quite beloved in Vancouver, so that was a nice surprise!
    my buddy was at that show. he said bif didn't have a drummer. was there a reason? like they were supposed to have a drummer but didn't show or something? or was there supposed to be no drummer?
    T minus 9 days and counting..........
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 37,503
    PJ_Soul said:
    Everyone was right - While I'm not a big fan of theirs (just never listen), their show on Friday was super duper good, and their fans are huge rockers... despite their advanced age (i.e. middle aged aka around my age :lol: ). Full on mosh pit at the Commodore for a good deal of the show. It was pretty hilarious to see the Commodore security guards freaking out every time someone crowd surfed - they didn't seem particularly prepared for such behaviour. :lol:

    Interesting opener. The band was called something like Snake and the Chain... and to my surprise, it is lead by Bif Naked. She is one helluva a veteran performer who is quite beloved in Vancouver, so that was a nice surprise!
    my buddy was at that show. he said bif didn't have a drummer. was there a reason? like they were supposed to have a drummer but didn't show or something? or was there supposed to be no drummer?
    Good question! I wondered wtf they were thinking and mentioned it to my friend. I actually found it distracting as well as weird that they didn't have a drummer. They used a machine instead and it sounded like shit. No clue if they normally have one or not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.