Options

The Headstones

Comments

• Options
    maybe touring isn't part of their plans, but man, if it is, they are losing MAJOR momentum releasing the album two months ago and no tour announcement yet. the single longwayfromneverland is hot on rock radio, now is the time.

I find this bewildering.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686
    maybe touring isn't part of their plans, but man, if it is, they are losing MAJOR momentum releasing the album two months ago and no tour announcement yet. the single longwayfromneverland is hot on rock radio, now is the time.

I find this bewildering.

they blew it!! but they must not want to tour or maybe they have problems from within?
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I read a recent interview with Hugh. He mentioned that they weren't able to tour right away because he was busy shooting his scenes for the AMC show "The Killing". However, he did say they have plans for more extensive touring eventually. Just nothing confirmed at the moment. I agree though, they should have toured after the album was released, as they've probably lost any momentum by this point. Probably doesn't matter much though. Anytime these guys tour, the shows will sell out.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I read a recent interview with Hugh. He mentioned that they weren't able to tour right away because he was busy shooting his scenes for the AMC show "The Killing". However, he did say they have plans for more extensive touring eventually. Just nothing confirmed at the moment. I agree though, they should have toured after the album was released, as they've probably lost any momentum by this point. Probably doesn't matter much though. Anytime these guys tour, the shows will sell out.

I had a feeling it was because of Hugh's acting commitments, but then they should have released the album to coincide with tour scheduling. Just my $0.02. But you're right, it will be awesome no matter when they do it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 158
    After stumbling upon this thread I picked up the album...WOW! They had fallen off my radar after my roommate back in college played the everloving shit out of Tweeter and the Monkeyman and made me not want to listen to them for a very long time. This album is kicking my ass! Where do I go from here...I need more!!
  • Options
    mckay wrote:
    After stumbling upon this thread I picked up the album...WOW! They had fallen off my radar after my roommate back in college played the everloving shit out of Tweeter and the Monkeyman and made me not want to listen to them for a very long time. This album is kicking my ass! Where do I go from here...I need more!!

In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of their albums. But if you're just looking for a good representation of their career, I would suggest checking out their compilation album "The Greatest Fits". Then I would pick up the following in this order:

1. Teeth & Tissue
    2. Picture of Health
    3. Smile & Wave
    4. The Oracle of Hi-fi
    5. Nickels for Your Nightmares

If you can't decide, then just buy 'em all. You won't regret it.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    I'm looking for Headstones B sides. I have Streets of Laredo from the Lone Hero soundtrack, but I wasn't aware, and have never heard, a second song they did for that cd, called Hero's Hero.

Anyone know where I could find it?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I'm looking for Headstones B sides. I have Streets of Laredo from the Lone Hero soundtrack, but I wasn't aware, and have never heard, a second song they did for that cd, called Hero's Hero.

Anyone know where I could find it?

I just realized that's probably what Devil's Road was called before it was released on Oracle of Hi Fi. I knew that title sounded familiar.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    The only other b-side I know of is "Son of a Bitch to the Core" from the Hard Core Logo soundtrack. Great song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0nte_VbL8

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    The only other b-side I know of is "Son of a Bitch to the Core" from the Hard Core Logo soundtrack. Great song!

yep. got that one!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:

I have a cd called "demo gods" with demo versions of many songs, 3 of which remain unreleased.

Skin Me Alive
    Road Pops
    Love & Hate & Indifference
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    New video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zcUGd35Ko

Tour announcement coming soon.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    I'm planning on heading to the Toronto, Kingston, and Niagara Falls shows after Christmas this year. Anyone else?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Kingston, where everything is legal, man, as long as you don't get caught.....when the walls came down........
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I'm planning on heading to the Toronto, Kingston, and Niagara Falls shows after Christmas this year. Anyone else?

man, so close to Xmas and NYE, I want to go to Toronto but it's too hectic that time of year :evil:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    great article chronicling the band from beginning to present.

http://groundcontrolmag.com/detail/1/3564/
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'll most likely be at the Toronto show. Once I finish my Pearl Jam tour planning, I'll pick up a ticket.
  • Options
    got a ticket to the Guelph show on December 19th :D

now that I think of it, that may influence where I place the new Headstones record in my top 20 albums of 2013 :think:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Just booked my flight to Toronto Dec 27th.
    27th - Toronto
    28th - Kingston
    31st - Niagara Falls, NY

SO STOKED.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I won VIP passes for me and a buddy to the Kingston show. They were looking for people to submit stories of their I favourite past headstones concert experience. So I reworked the lyrics to tweeter and the monkey man and made it a story of a Halloween show I attended back in 96ish. I played acoustic bass along with singing the new lyrics, recording it on my iPad. I fucking won. This trip is turning out to be epic. I just hope Ontario gets theiri power issues worked out before the 27th!!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

now that I think of it, that may influence where I place the new Headstones record in my top 20 albums of 2013 :think:

How was it?? How many songs? Any standout tracks?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I won VIP passes for me and a buddy to the Kingston show. They were looking for people to submit stories of their I favourite past headstones concert experience. So I reworked the lyrics to tweeter and the monkey man and made it a story of a Halloween show I attended back in 96ish. I played acoustic bass along with singing the new lyrics, recording it on my iPad. I fucking won. This trip is turning out to be epic. I just hope Ontario gets theiri power issues worked out before the 27th!!!!

wow, congratulations

great story, I am sure the power issues will be fine by then
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

about 20 songs with a 5 song encore

they opened with the Binthiswayfortwentyyears, and played Cemetery as the last song of the main set, which I really dig

Tweeter was the second tune which was awesome

new stuff sounds awesome live, been listening to the new album alot since the show, band was incredible, as always
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

about 20 songs with a 5 song encore

they opened with the Binthiswayfortwentyyears, and played Cemetery as the last song of the main set, which I really dig

Tweeter was the second tune which was awesome

new stuff sounds awesome live, been listening to the new album alot since the show, band was incredible, as always

Fantastic to hear!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    first two shows of this mini pilgrimage have been awesome. one more to go on NYE in niagara falls!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    hugh mentioned during the hometown kingston show that they were recording it. i hope to hell they release it on cd. if they recorded video and released it on dvd i'd shit my pants.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 295
    Pledgemusic campaign for a new album is running. Lots of goodies available. http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/headstonespledge2?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=TW0560
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    New album, One In The Chamber Music, comes out tomorrow. Pledgers get the digital download in a couple hours from now. Can't wait to hear it.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Hope they release Picture of Health on vinyl
    Great album!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options

New album, One In The Chamber Music, comes out tomorrow. Pledgers get the digital download in a couple hours from now. Can't wait to hear it.

a new album eh? Cool, I loved their last one, hope it's as good
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2